2012 Presidential Election

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1213141516 18>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Presidential Election
    Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Romney was so rude to the moderator, he kept on interrupting and ignoring her attempt to stop him until she said okay hurry and make your point haha.  But damn, Romney told Obama, "I'm talking"  LOL  

That's because the moderator was a liberal who blatantly supported Obama throughout the entire debate. She even tried to fact check which is completely out of her purview.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Superorb

Romney was so rude to the moderator, he kept on interrupting and ignoring her attempt to stop him until she said okay hurry and make your point haha.  But damn, Romney told Obama, "I'm talking"  LOL  

That's because the moderator was a liberal who blatantly supported Obama throughout the entire debate. She even tried to fact check which is completely out of her purview.

can't tell...if...trolling...LOL
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2012 at 11:13am
Originally posted by shing02

can't tell...if...trolling...LOL

Midget or me?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 3:21am

That fatty sucked.  But then again the whole thing is kind of stupid.  You bring together these two powerful guys, and then you have some fat nobody cut them off mid-sentence because they only have 2 minutes to get their point across.  And the only people who are going to base their vote on the debates are idiots who somehow haven't figured out each party's stance on the issues that are important to them.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 7:31am
One reason to vote out Obama - Federal welfare programs topped 1 TRILLION dollars spent for 2011. That is by far and away the highest budget item there is by several hundred billion dollars. Pisses me off so much that my tax dollars are going to lazy deadbeats who collect a check. We can't afford health insurance and our cars are both 10+ years old and one of them is on its last leg but we make too much for free handouts. Welfare is only necessary for a small portion of the population, for everyone else it should be temporary until you get a job.
Snow Day Colorado

twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 9:35am

One reason to vote out Obama - Federal welfare programs topped 1 TRILLION dollars spent for 2011. That is by far and away the highest budget item there is by several hundred billion dollars. Pisses me off so much that my tax dollars are going to lazy deadbeats who collect a check. We can't afford health insurance and our cars are both 10+ years old and one of them is on its last leg but we make too much for free handouts. Welfare is only necessary for a small portion of the population, for everyone else it should be temporary until you get a job.

it IS temporary :O
there are food stamps and there are TANF (temporary assistance for needy families)
unless you mean unemployment...which is also pretty temporary

or when someone is on social security because they lost one or both parents or old...or dying, etc.

i think this site should give someone a good idea on who to vote for (honestly, anyone except romney because he technically has a side with...everything...)
definitely not perfect but it gives you a good idea on who to research up on :3
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 9:47am

Orb, that's gross misinformation. The report you're referring to that Limbaugh and fox news won't stop parroting on about, includes more than 80 different programs that he's lumped up all together as 'welfare'. Some of those programs are

-medicaid
-foster care
-adoption programs
-homeless assistance
-teaching grants
-pell grants
-public works and economic development, which is over 11 thousand grants by itself
-nutrition program for the elderly
-school breakfast program
-mathematics and science partnerships
-public housing
-emergency food and shelter program
-water and waste disposal for rural communities
-state childrens health insurance program

Actual welfare, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, makes up less than 1% of our federal budget. I can only speak for myself but I'm more than fine with less than 1 penny of every dollar I spend in federal taxes, going to help the needy. 45 million people were on welfare last year. That cost 78 billion in federal funding. So a person on welfare received about $1,730 for the entire year, so that he or she could get food stamps and eat shitty food that I wouldn't feed my dog. It consistently amazes me how a party that uses the bible to prop itself up to deny women the right to choose and homosexual people the right to marry, completely forget about the bible when it talks about feeding the poor and caring for your fellow man. 
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 11:11am
Originally posted by twolf123

it IS temporary :O
there are food stamps and there are TANF (temporary assistance for needy families)
unless you mean unemployment...which is also pretty temporary

or when someone is on social security because they lost one or both parents or old...or dying, etc.

i think this site should give someone a good idea on who to vote for (honestly, anyone except romney because he technically has a side with...everything...)
definitely not perfect but it gives you a good idea on who to research up on :3

I don't have a problem when people only use these programs on a temporary basis, like 6 months tops, or for elderly people or those who cannot help themselves. I have a problem with able bodied people who are collecting money for sitting on their asses, not even looking for work. Or the people with 5 kids who expect the government to feed, cloth, and house them because they can't keep their legs shut. If you can't afford kids you shouldn't have them. I cannot afford kids so I don't have any, it's as simple as that. I knew people in college who received all kinds of money from the gov't. They were unmarried and had a kid. They didn't work. They had a 55" TV and ate lobster, steaks, and shrimp on food stamps. Meanwhile, my wife and I both had jobs and ate like shit ad couldn't afford health care. They were our neighbors and got almost free rent along with utilities assistance and health care. If you think people don't abuse the system you're either blind or stupid.
Snow Day Colorado

Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 11:19am
'The average household using food stamps has a monthly income of $731 and receives $287 in SNAP benefits, the budget office said. Three-fourths of the households include a child, a disabled person or someone older than 60.'

Not sure how much big screens and lobster go for in your neck of the woods, but $287 a month to feed a family can only buy so much steak and shrimp. 
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by giftedhands

'The average household using food stamps has a monthly income of $731 and receives $287 in SNAP benefits, the budget office said. Three-fourths of the households include a child, a disabled person or someone older than 60.'

Not sure how much big screens and lobster go for in your neck of the woods, but $731 a month to feed a family can only buy so much steak and shrimp. 

It's easy to abuse the system. If you're not married the gov't doesn't know about your income. The mom applies for food stamps and only makes 1,000 a month. The father isn't reported on the SNAP application forms and also makes 1,000 a month. Add in all the other assistance programs like housing, utilities, cell phones, etc and the savings really add up. So a family only making 2,000 a month actually has a lot more income each month than my wife and I who both have full time jobs when you factor in all the assistance they receive.

So 3/4ths of them have one of those. I'd be willing to bet that most only include children and not disabled or elderly people. But there's no way to know since they lumped all 3 groups into 1.
Snow Day Colorado

bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 11:29am
It definitely looks that way on paper. But if u spent anytime in a poor city you will see a very different picture.

I have multiple friends that work in social services and one that does medicare fraud investigation. They believe in these programs and see first hand the need for them but even they say the system is so screwed up and so taken advantage of its unbelievable.

Also programs like ACORN help people find out how to scam the system and work the loopholes. After getting cause a few years back they just disbanded and changed names

I would guess it would take you less than a half hour standing in an inner city supermarket during the afternoon on a weekday to see someone with a cart full of good groceries pay with a ebt card(food stamps) talk on their I phone and get into there brand new luxury car
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 11:47am
^^ Exactly. BTW, I think you meant Medicaid and not Medicare.

While Medicare is a federal government-sponsored healthcare program primarily for seniors, Medicaid is for low-income families and is managed by both the state and federal governments. Medicare and Medicaid differ in terms of who they cover, how they are funded and governed.
Snow Day Colorado

Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by bhswrestler150

I would guess it would take you less than a half hour standing in an inner city supermarket during the afternoon on a weekday to see someone with a cart full of good groceries pay with a ebt card(food stamps) talk on their I phone and get into there brand new luxury car

Do you have any kind of quantifiable evidence to support that claim, or is that just your biased opinion? All it takes is simple arithmetic to see how this is impossible. Not to mention that simple fact that you can't make car payments with an EBT card. And that medicare has nothing to do with this. 

@Orb, yes there will always be people who try to game the system. But when you say 75% of them are ineligible, I need some kind of proof to support that claim. That's 33 million out of 45, that you are claiming are committing fraud. Because the USDA who runs it, wholeheartedly disagree with those numbers. The people who take advantage of SNAP, do so at their own risk, and SNAP fraud is regulated at a higher degree than our banking system used to be. Read up on it here, if you like.

'In FY 2010, OIG’s SNAP investigations resulted in 195 convictions, including a number of multi-year prison terms for the most serious offenses, and approximately $36 million in monetary results. 

In FY 2011, OIG devotes nearly half (48 percent) of its investigative resources to reduce nutrition assistance program vulnerabilities and strengthen program integrity in delivering benefits to individuals. '

I'm not ok with gaming the system, but its going to happen, and at every level of the tax bracket. I'm not for canceling medicaid, or telling adopted kids to get a job so they can stop being welfare to America. Being on foodstamps is terrible. It's damn near dehumanizing of an experience for most people..have you ever seen government cheese? You can't eat lobster and shrimp on SNAP. I don't know where this idea comes from, but it's unequivocally false. Just my opinion, but there are plenty of other places for the federal goverment to save money. TANF, SNAP are not them. I disagree completely with the idea that we spend too much money on the poor. Quite the opposite, in my opinion. 

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 12:23pm
Wow...

I never said 75% of people should be disqualified, I said there was no way to know what the breakdown was of that group.

You cannot make car payments with EBT, but the money you're not spending on food/housing/health care/utilities/phones goes into your pocket.

The USDA advertises in Mexico for the US SNAP program. They are trying as hard as they can to get more people on food stamps. Because the more people there are on food stamps, the more money the USDA is budgeted.

195 convictions in 12 months is nothing. Recently there was an article of a woman who won the lottery and was still receiving all kinds of assistance. A millionaire on food stamps is sickening. And the other woman in her million dollar home driving a Jaguar and having a boat that was also receiving benefits. They are obviously not doing everything they can to prevent fraud if millionaires receive benefits.

If being on welfare was so dehumanizing and so terrible than more people would be getting jobs to support themselves, but that's far from the case. YOU may think being on food stamps is terrible, but others don't seem to mind too much.

Yes, I have seen people on food stamps. Like I said before, my neighbors gamed the system and ate like kings and they only had 1 kid. And this was 10 years ago. Welfare spending has increased a crap ton since then, even since 2008.
Snow Day Colorado

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 12:29pm

Years ago I worked at a 7-11.  I saw it ALL THE TIME.

People would pull up in their new SUV with giant rims and pay for a bunch of junk food with their food stamp card.

Just ask anyone who works in a grocery store. They will tell you the same. Women with expensive manacures and expensive hair. Along with a new cell phone and an expensive outfit, paying for her cart full of groceries with a food stamp card.

Do you really think that 46 million Americans on food stamps is acceptable?

Stop pretendind that everyone on food stamps is either some poor helpless soul or a little old lady.

By the way, many of these abusers have their vehicles in someone elses name. So yes, it is possible to have new expensive items AND recieve welfare and food stamps.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 12:32pm
I forgot to mention that you're allowed to buy cigarettes and alcohol on food stamps which only leads to higher health care costs, and who do you think foots the bill for that?

I think WIC is a great program though, it's for poor mothers. It only allows you to get free healthy food, not all kinds of junk.
Snow Day Colorado

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 12:38pm
You aren't allowed to buy cigarettes or alcohol with food stamps.

Unless it is a mom and pop store that allows it. But it is not legal.

Unless in other parts of the country it is allowed, but as far as I know, it is not permitted.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by chillwill

Unless in other parts of the country it is allowed, but as far as I know, it is not permitted.

Sure you can. A woman in New England was fired because she refused to sell someone beer and cigs with food stamps. How long ago did you work at 7-11?
Snow Day Colorado

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 12:44pm

Sure you can. A woman in New England was fired because she refused to sell someone beer and cigs with food stamps. How long ago did you work at 7-11?

You're right. I remember hearing about that story not to long ago. I guess in different parts of the country there are different rules.

I worked at a 7-11 in Oklahoma about 12 years ago.
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 12:44pm
Ah, I misunderstood you then. I thought you were referring to something else by this statement. 

So 3/4ths of them have one of those. I'd be willing to bet that most only include children and not disabled or elderly people. But there's no way to know since they lumped all 3 groups into 1.

I'm not sure what the point is of the story about the so called millionaire receiving food stamps. Surely we can agree that this is an anomaly and not the average consumer of food stamps, right? I have no idea if that's even a true story, but assuming it is.. whats the point? If she committed SNAP fraud, she'd be prosecuted. 

'If being on welfare was so dehumanizing and so terrible than more people would be getting jobs to support themselves'

C'mon now, really? The average time a family spends on TANF is 1.5 years. I know engineers with master's degrees who have been out of work longer than that. If you think it's that simple, then we simply have to disagree. Fwiw, I appreciate that we could have this mini-debate and keep it civil. 

360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 12:54pm
< style="border: 0px currentColor; display: none;" id="_ra" height="0" ="http://p.raasnet.com/partners/universal/in?pid=80018&channel=&ndl=http%3A//www.trusnow.com/forum/RTE_.asp%3Fmode%3Dedit%26POID%3D1206741%26ID%3D1411&ndr=http%3A//www.trusnow.com/forum/edit_post_.asp%3FPID%3D1206741%26PN%3D14&pt=&et=&icxid=1350597491973-301839626330592&did=5930&imps=0&t=f" Border="0" width="0" scrolling="no">

Sorry but that's a little mis-leading.  This happened in New Hampshire.  You cannot buy beer and cigs with food stamps.  She was fired because she refused to accept an EBT card for the purchase.  The problem is that in NH EBT cards are not solely for food stamps.  They can have funds that are gotten from other benefits (like child support) or other areas.  She doesn't know how the money got on the card so she shouldn't have refused the sale.

EDIT: I'm wrong, It looks like there's a difference depending on where the benefits come from:

DHHS said 14,000 households received monthly cash benefits from the state in the past year, compared to more than 56,000 households that received food stamp assistance, which is restricted by federal law from being used on items such as cigarettes.

I guess with the EBT card they could just goto an ATM and take out cash, so there is no way to track it.

CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 1:06pm

I think WIC is a great program though, it's for poor mothers. It only allows you to get free healthy food, not all kinds of junk.

WIC is good because it has a list of the food that are acceptable, and the registers wont even take stuff that is not allowed in the program.  Food stamps are totally different and can be used to buy any kind of food.  They could use the whole card on candy and fruit snacks if they really wanted.  They need to move the food stamp program to a system more in line with WIC in my opinion.  It wouldn't get abused as much if they had specific products they could use it with, instead of basically giving them a card with free money.

Another point to abuse of this is homosexual couples.  The gov is actually shooting themselves in the foot over the homosexual marrige issue because a lesbian couple for example could have one woman staying home with the kids, and the other making 250,000k a year and still qualify for assitance because they can't claim each other as dependants, so one is essentially a single mother with no income. 
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 1:33pm
My proof is 3 friends that work in social services in a few diffrent areas and another friend that works in medicade reform.

All of these people along with my self believe these are good programs that need to be in place. We all also agree they need to be cleaned up and better regulated

perfect example is mandatory drug tests to receive welfare. Seems like a no brainier too me..... but somehow this is called unfair and racist.... logic does not add up for me

Also look at requiring ID to vote. Another thing Democrats are crying foul over calling it racist. You need an ID for EVERYTHING including applying for welfare if im not mistaken

If people truly believed in these programs they would put in common sense legislation like those mentioned above so there would be plenty of benefits for those that truly need it

another one I just though of is unemployment. 2 years collecting unemployment is enough time to go get an associates degree so you can "learn to fish instead of taking fish" so to speak. I say reduce the amount of unemployment benefits and replace it with what college tuition would cost

another common sense thing that will never get done
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by giftedhands

Ah, I misunderstood you then. I thought you were referring to something else by this statement. 

I'm not sure what the point is of the story about the so called millionaire receiving food stamps. Surely we can agree that this is an anomaly and not the average consumer of food stamps, right? I have no idea if that's even a true story, but assuming it is.. whats the point? If she committed SNAP fraud, she'd be prosecuted. 

'If being on welfare was so dehumanizing and so terrible than more people would be getting jobs to support themselves'

C'mon now, really? The average time a family spends on TANF is 1.5 years. I know engineers with master's degrees who have been out of work longer than that. If you think it's that simple, then we simply have to disagree. Fwiw, I appreciate that we could have this mini-debate and keep it civil. 

+1, it's nice to debate something and still keep it civil.

I was using the millionaire lady as an example of how the system is easy to scam, not to mention they obviously didn't do their due diligence or they would've caught those people a long time ago. Honestly, if it were easy for myself to get all this gov't assistance it would be pretty damn tempting.

Have you looked at the amount people can actually receive with SNAP? A family of 2 get $367 a month for food. My wife and I spend roughly $300 on groceries each month to give you an idea of how lucrative the SNAP program is. Family of 3 gets $526 a month. If we weren't married my wife could get $200/month in food stamps, her income is close to the limit. The program discourages marriage and encourages popping out kids for a higher monthly allotment.

Where are you seeing that the avg time on TANF is 1.5 years? Also, I think TANF is cash help for unemployed people. SNAP is a different program. There are plenty of jobs out there, but your engineer friends choose not o take them. I don't blame them, but work is work.

With all we've discussed, America cannot afford to spend this much money regardless of where the money goes. The deficit has been climbing at an alarming rate and the only way we can pay for it is to borrow money from China. Idiot lawmakers need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop spending money they don't have just like me or you. Ok I'm rambling now.
Snow Day Colorado

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by bhswrestler150

Also look at requiring ID to vote. Another thing Democrats are crying foul over calling it racist. You need an ID for EVERYTHING including applying for welfare if im not mistaken

This is another thing that bothers me. Like you said, ID is required for almost everything in this country, but they don't require ID for something so important like voting. With all the voter fraud that goes on it makes no sense not to require an ID to vote. After all, how the hell can they verify someone hasn't voted already or is even an American citizen?
Snow Day Colorado

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 2:05pm

Wow, isn't this called voter fraud?  Can't all 45,000 employees sue for this?  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 2:15pm
^^ That's crazy.
Snow Day Colorado

snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 3:46pm

^^ That's crazy.

^^^That's messed up how you need an ID for voting and applying for welfare. I hate how there's so much security nowadays, you can't go anywhere without identification.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

^^ That's crazy.

^^^That's messed up how you need an ID for voting and applying for welfare. I hate how there's so much security nowadays, you can't go anywhere without identification.

Can't tell if trolling...

The reason for ID is to IDENTIFY yourself. How else can you prove you are who you say you are, or that you're even a citizen?
Snow Day Colorado

grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 3:38am
My favorite misuse of food stamps story that happened locally:

Some guys were going into the supermarket and buying cases and cases of bottled water with food stamps.  Just as much as they could carry.  Then an employee that was out on a smoke break saw them go over to the dumpster where they proceeded to dump out all of the water.  Then they brought the empty bottles back in and cashed them in as returnables.  They then took that money and used it to buy booze.

Taxpayers basically paid $100 for some idiots to get $10 worth of malt liquor.  That's why welfare is a problem.  There are just too many people who don't respect what they are being given and are just looking for any way to manipulate the system.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 3:46am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Some guys were going into the supermarket and buying cases and cases of bottled water with food stamps.  Just as much as they could carry.  Then an employee that was out on a smoke break saw them go over to the dumpster where they proceeded to dump out all of the water.  Then they brought the empty bottles back in and cashed them in as returnables.  They then took that money and used it to buy booze.
Taxpayers basically paid $100 for some idiots to get $10 worth of malt liquor.  That's why welfare is a problem.  There are just too many people who don't respect what they are being given and are just looking for any way to manipulate the system.

wow, that is pretty terrible to hear! if the guys were smart they could of sold those for at least 1$ a bottle if they found the right location. Lol. not only are they bastards for abusing the system, but they're stupid on top of it. oh man.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 4:49am
Selling them would require "work".......
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 5:08am

Wow, isn't this called voter fraud?  Can't all 45,000 employees sue for this?  

What exactly constitutes voter fraud in the video?  What are the employees going to sue for?
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 6:25am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Yowsa! Here's another tidbit of informaion:

According to the Congressional Research Service, food assistance programs expanded more than any welfare category in the previous four years — with a percentage increase largely fueled by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or food stamps, which recently reached an all-time high enrollment of nearly 47 million participants.

Non-citizen participation in SNAP has quadrupled since 2001 and doubled since 2008.

Despite the swelling food stamp rolls, the USDA has been partnering with the Mexican government since 2004 to promote nutrition assistance among Mexican-Americans, Mexican nationals and migrant communities.

Snow Day Colorado

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 6:47am
Yup...... Conservative talk radio have been talking about that for awhile now

Www. Dirty spending secrets.com is another good site that will surprise you
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 6:53am
Main stream media in this country is a joke. It's amazing what never makes the news. Even major scandals like Fast and Furious never see the light of day.
Snow Day Colorado

CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 8:49am
I just really wish there was a legitimate candidate other than Romney and Obama to vote for.  I really can't stand both choices, and will most likely just vote for my local issues.

It's not like the popular vote determines the presidency anyways.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 8:55am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

I just really wish there was a legitimate candidate other than Romney and Obama to vote for.  I really can't stand both choices, and will most likely just vote for my local issues.

+1.  The 2 party system, like the MSM, is a joke here as well. They're 2 sides of the same coin. A Libertarian will never make it to office, at least probably not in my lifetime.
Snow Day Colorado

diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 10:57am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

At least your vote in CO has some bearing on the Presidential race. I've pretty much only lived in  red states my whole life that have very few electoral college votes.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 11:27pm
jill stein is a LEGITIMATE candidate you can vote for if you're looking for someone less if not corrupted at all by corporate/banking institutions...there are others including gary johnson too!

just vote for them and try to make some kind of a statement that they shouldn't be marginalized like this in all the debates and what not
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 3:33pm

jill stein is a LEGITIMATE candidate you can vote for if you're looking for someone less if not corrupted at all by corporate/banking institutions...there are others including gary johnson too!
just vote for them and try to make some kind of a statement that they shouldn't be marginalized like this in all the debates and what not

Do you know which parties do they support? Like Libertarian, Green Party, etc?
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 11:11pm

shouldn't you be voting for what they stand for versus what their party stands for? 

eg. republicans seem to stand for something pretty insane atm...like....literally. things that WEREN'T issues 10 years ago are massive issues now
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 11:27pm

respectively green, libertarian, you should seriously consider what shing said

also, none of what anyone thinks matters unless they're an ohio voter...lol
FreeCarve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Maalaea Freight Trains

Quote FreeCarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 7:15am
No need to vote .. The Fix is already in:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/21/cbs-news-affiliate-calls-2012-presidential-race-for-barack-obama-weeks-ahead-of-election/

http://texasdarlin.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/breaking-cincinnati-ohio-tv-station-wcpo-shows-election-night-results-with-obama-win-on-its-website/
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 7:18am
Yeah no kidding. Makes you wonder how much more fraud the Obama campaign is going to commit before this is all over. They've already been caught doing it on video.
Snow Day Colorado

Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 7:20am
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 7:32am
this is what happens if you vote for either of these jackasses

-zakk

julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 8:09am
Can I just vote for Clinton again? Write in ballot? I hope this third debate isn't as annoying as the second.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 8:09am
Another painfully true Bansky classic!
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 8:11am
Originally posted by zakk

this is what happens if you vote for either of these jackasses

oops! Pardon my typo! Another Painfully True Banksy Classic!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>