2012 Presidential Election

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1314151617 18>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Presidential Election
    Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 11:41am
Clinton is the one who started the list economic mess. He is the ones who incouraged banks the approve sub prime loans
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Oinker

Originally posted by zakk

this is what happens if you vote for either of these jackasses

oops! Pardon my typo! Another Painfully True Banksy Classic!!!

yup, most of his stuff you can apply to any political climate.  this one is the background on every computer I own/use.  it could be viewed as a social statement as to how the masses are viewed by the 1% (and by the way, if you are a politician, you are by definition a 1%er and I don't mean that in the HA way, either)

-zakk

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by bhswrestler150

Clinton is the one who started the list economic mess. He is the ones who incouraged banks the approve sub prime loans

don't mention that to the democrats, just like you don't bring up George W's spending to the republicans.  it will just Encourage them.  

once this country wakes up and starts voting 3rd and 4th party to force coalition governments that have to compromise to work, then we will have all this hope and change that all the kids these days seem to think they want.

Or we can go the Chinese government route.  I really don't care which of the 2, but this way isn't working.  
-zakk

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 1:03pm

Or we can go the Chinese government route.  I really don't care which of the 2, but this way isn't working.  

As long as there are corrupt, dirty politicians who get rich off their crooked policies things will never change.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Superorb

As long as there are corrupt, dirty politicians who get rich off their crooked policies things will never change.

Politicians haven't since ancient Greece.  yet people think the junior senator of the noble state of Illinois will somehow change 4 millennia of politics?  or that a moron who thinks 47% of America pays nothing in taxes and depends on the government for anything is better that the junior senator?  

come now, brown cow.  where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?  
-zakk

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 1:24pm

come now, brown cow.  where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?  

We're going to hell because we put ourselves there ;)
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 5:31pm
Who do you think won the 3rd presidential debate today, Romney or Obama?
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 5:57pm
That was shtooking dull. Even I (with my massive threshold for tedium) wandered off and started posting shit on the internet. Nice of both the candidates to say nothing interesting and not startle the poor the old man asleep at the desk with them. 
m00m
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 6:12pm
Yep, I agree. No new revelations tonight.

More of the same material being repeated by both.

The Repubs will say Romney won.

The Dems will say Obama won. Yawn.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 7:19pm
^^You're right man, different questions were asked....and the same things kept being said.

I don't want to vote for either of them....the more I watch the debates the more im concerned about the future of our country.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 9:13pm
I'll give the 3rd rd to Obama for the "1980's are calling" comment. Aside from that, meh.
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 10:21pm
i guess i'll be the first and preach what everyone else said
obama certainly "sank" romney's battleship...everything just felt over-rehearsed otherwise, lol
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:53am
Get out there and vote people! 

Even you don't like the presidential candidates and don't like how the popular vote doesn't directly impact who is elected, there are LOCAL issues that WILL directly impact you.

I'm just happy all this madness will be over soon, and I don't have to see any more horrible political commercials for awhile.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:56am
^ Don't forget all of the annoying recorded phone messages, makes me want to disconnect my land line.  Clint Eastwood left a message for us yesterday, I don't know where Clint found the time to call me.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:59am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ Don't forget all of the annoying recorded phone messages, makes me want to disconnect my land line.  Clint Eastwood left a message for us yesterday, I don't know where Clint found the time to call me.

LOL!  Vincent Price rose from the crypt to call a couple years back, but it was about his Egg Magic product, not the elections. 
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 6:09am
^ Vincent Price calling from the dead would spook the crap out of me.

Even looking at this photo sends chills up my spine...

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 6:54am
I wonder how many dead people will be voting.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 6:55am
ZOMBIE voters!
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:02am
I voted!  Go America!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:06am
Originally posted by solocreep

I wonder how many dead people will be voting.

Since no ID is required to vote there's no way to know. We need ID for everything else, I have no idea why they allow something so important not to require ID. After all, you have to be a citizen to vote so how can they ever check that without an ID?
Snow Day Colorado

JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:12am
^^ this makes me laugh.  You need to understand the process of how a vote happens.  It starts with registration, then the register is verrified with the state auditor's office and elections office (sometimes the AG's office in certain states.).  That proves not only identity, but household.  that list is then sent to the individual precints (spelling on that?), where they match your name.  You must also understand that a voter registration card is a legally binding document, and your signature is all that is required on a legally binding document.  All the other instances of needed an ID? Those aren't leagally binding documents and/or the same senarios at all.

This "widespread votor fraud" thing is laughable at best, and rediculous to believe.

2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:17am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

^^ this makes me laugh.  You need to understand the process of how a vote happens.  It starts with registration, then the register is verrified with the state auditor's office and elections office (sometimes the AG's office in certain states.).  That proves not only identity, but household.  that list is then sent to the individual precints (spelling on that?), where they match your name.  You must also understand that a voter registration card is a legally binding document, and your signature is all that is required on a legally binding document.  All the other instances of needed an ID? Those aren't leagally binding documents and/or the same senarios at all.

This "widespread votor fraud" thing is laughable at best, and rediculous to believe.

What's stopping someone from taking someone else's Voter ID card and voting? Lots of dead people were once registered to vote, so what's stopping someone from voting with a dead person's card since they don't verify identity at voting?
Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:20am

What's stopping someone from taking someone else's Voter ID card and voting? Lots of dead people were once registered to vote, so what's stopping someone from voting with a dead person's card since they don't verify identity at voting?
They don't require ID because the popular vote DOES NOT MATTER.  If the popular vote determined the next president, you bet your @ss they would photo ID people.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:24am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

They don't require ID because the popular vote DOES NOT MATTER.  If the popular vote determined the next president, you bet your @ss they would photo ID people.

Ok, I'm confused. What you're saying seems to say that voting does not matter.
Snow Day Colorado

JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:34am
No no, I think he's talking about pure numbers.

The electoral college (no matter how stupid it looks) does completely block dead people from deciding an election.  It would take MILLIONS of votes to swing something one way or another.

Now, take a house district race that is very close, let's say it's down to only 2,433 votes between Mrs A and Mr B for the win.  That means, one of the candidates people would have to fraud over two thousand votes to swing that election.  In this day and age... not gonna happen.  ever. period. two thousand votes is waaayyy too many (especially when hand re-counts kick in at certain thresholds) to pull off fraud.

Really what we should be concerned about is pathetic voter turnout.  40% is a "good" number?  that is where the real voter fraud is.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:37am

The electoral college (no matter how stupid it looks) does completely block dead people from deciding an election.  It would take MILLIONS of votes to swing something one way or another.

Now, take a house district race that is very close, let's say it's down to only 2,433 votes between Mrs A and Mr B for the win.  That means, one of the candidates people would have to fraud over two thousand votes to swing that election.  In this day and age... not gonna happen.  ever. period. two thousand votes is waaayyy too many (especially when hand re-counts kick in at certain thresholds) to pull off fraud.

Really what we should be concerned about is pathetic voter turnout.  40% is a "good" number?  that is where the real voter fraud is.

That makes sense, thanks.
Snow Day Colorado

JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:44am

That makes sense, thanks.

Not a problem, in this election cycle, this issue was really made into a right vs left issue.  I just don't think it needs to be.  I think we should do everything we can to get more people to vote, not matter whom them vote for. 
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 7:49am

Not a problem, in this election cycle, this issue was really made into a right vs left issue.  I just don't think it needs to be.  I think we should do everything we can to get more people to vote, not matter whom them vote for. 

40% voter turnout is pretty sad. It seems people really don't care. There's no excuse with mail in voting either.
Snow Day Colorado

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Online Status: Online
  Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 8:06am
What I don't get is all these propositions, which stuff are facts and which are lies?  Confused
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 8:35am
I'm glad the election is coming to an end. So sick of all the commercials. Sometimes I see one commercial, then after a different commercial they show the same exact one....Fortunately the voting line was short when I voted.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 9:16am
Should be an interesting evening. Romneys camp is saying they have big surprise in store and the Pollsters and Obamas camp is saying everything we know about polling will be turned upside down if Romney wins.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 9:40am
Originally posted by motoxninja80

I'm glad the election is coming to an end. So sick of all the commercials. Sometimes I see one commercial, then after a different commercial they show the same exact one....Fortunately the voting line was short when I voted.
The damn ad campaigns. it's impossible to escape them...
and me too! luckily i live on a university campus, so plenty of voting spots here!Thumbs Up
rideclaps802 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 1:33pm
I just voted! and they were giving out cookies afterwards. best voting sesh since 6th grade
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 1:37pm

Well, it begins:

CBS News is reporting with 2 precints closed in New Hampshire, Obama has a commanding lead:

Obama 62 (votes)
Romney 18 (votes)

You know, it has to "start" somewhere... but this is a little excessive.  What's with New Hampshire having to be first in all this stuff?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 3:26pm
why are people voting for romney. starting to get angry with this current situation
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 3:34pm
because they arent you and actually have their own opinions, priorities and perspectives? :)

m00m
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 3:36pm
wooooooooooo shit is fixin to get real in a few hours!! go romney.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by ippollite

because they arent you and actually have their own opinions, priorities and perspectives? :)

+1 people have their own opinions and differences. if you like obama more, by all means go vote for him
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by ippollite

you like tacos don't you
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 4:29pm
I like all the basic food groups. I also really like the outlying "food" groups like chocolate, sweets, and haribo. 
m00m
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 4:43pm
I dont like chocolate or tacos, although i do like choco tacos for some reason. wouldn't sweets and chocolate fall into the same category? haribo is classic.

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 4:44pm
The line to vote is looong at the fire house. Makes me wonder if they're letting voters slide down the pole.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by rideclaps802

why are people voting for romney. starting to get angry with this current situation

I'm not exactly a Romney supporter but do you really think the last 4 years went so well that there wouldn't be anyone changing their vote to Romney instead of Obama?  I wouldn't say Obama's been an All Star in the White House.
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 4:51pm
i agree with you, yeah Obama wasn't that great the last 4 years. but really look at the problems that were left for him. i just think that he deserves another 4 years to really show what he can do. maybe this can even be a wake up call with how close this election is if he can still pull through. 
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:17pm
People are voting for Ronmey because the economy is a mess and that is where his skill set is.  With that said it looks like Obama in a landslide. Looks like Obama will get Florida and that is enough to call the election.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by rideclaps802

i agree with you, yeah Obama wasn't that great the last 4 years. but really look at the problems that were left for him. i just think that he deserves another 4 years to really show what he can do. maybe this can even be a wake up call with how close this election is if he can still pull through. 

I'm really tired of this excuse. He has had four years AND a democratic controlled congress and yet the country is still circling the drain. I know he keeps promising change, but what has actually changed in the past 4 years? You say Obama wasn't that great the past 4 years and yet you still want to give him another 4 years? Your opinion and all, but what you said makes no sense at all.
Snow Day Colorado

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:24pm
i just want it to end.  I'm so tired of all this crap.  I'm over it.  this nation is so partisan, it doesn't matter which of these buttholes win, we're all doomed. 
-zakk

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:25pm

i just want it to end.  I'm so tired of all this crap.  I'm over it.  this nation is so partisan, it doesn't matter which of these buttholes win, we're all doomed. 

This just about sums up the whole mess.
Snow Day Colorado

cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:28pm
trying something new at this point couldn't hurt at all. so why not give romney a chance. i wonder if it is going to finished tonight.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 5:33pm
I really dont follow the presidents involvements day to day. so i dont really know what obama has changed and what he hasnt. but dont you think he must be doing something right somewhere if hes still got 27+million votes. i guess when i really think about why i voted for obama, what really sticks out is why i didnt vote for romney. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>