2012 Presidential Election

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 56789 18>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Presidential Election
    Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 1:55am
donald trump already told everyone that he will not be running for presidency already so between your really outdated or your really out there..  
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:42am
^^ I seem to recall that Trump, like Huckabee, later backpedaled a bit from his initial decision to forego entry into the election process, leaving the door (however slightly) open.
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:53am
Originally posted by sgreen

^^ I seem to recall that Trump, like Huckabee, later backpedaled a bit from his initial decision to forego entry into the election process, leaving the door (however slightly) open.

You're right...no point trying to put a prediction on crazy...you simply cannot apply logic to the illogical.  Big smile
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by lettuce

No way Donald Trump is not a candidate!

or are you forum trolling? :O
that dude dropped out a VERY long time ago........he wasn't useful to anyone in the GOP. at least with bachman and/or palin (who is essentially a "pundit" who has 0 chance of getting an office now), they take the political hit and damage obama at the same time
Scotty68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scotty68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 3:11pm
I won't vote unless Ron Paul has a chance.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 3:53pm
well he wont get a chance if you dont go vote for him will he now 
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Scotty68

I won't vote unless Ron Paul has a chance.

you COULD just write him in...i mean, it'd be nice if you voted on the propositions and stuff too, right?
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2011 at 10:05pm
im not sure if anyone watched the debate but...the GOP seems SO anti-science...
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2011 at 4:27am
Originally posted by seacow234

I didn't see it, why do you say that?
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2011 at 5:19am

Who can blame them?  What has science ever done for mankind?
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2011 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by grapeape2669

everything from antibiotics (something organisms EVOLVED to get), bringing us to the moon, and fighting the 3 wars we're in
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2011 at 3:52pm
Science made my snowboard faster and allows me to use a cleaner material besides intestine to not make kids. 
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2011 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by snowmen

their position on climate change is rather.................................................uncool...

for ex. perry's example about how galileo's comments weren't popular to the "scientific community", whcih happened to be from a pope who threatened to kill him.
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2011 at 10:45pm

Originally posted by snowmen

their position on climate change is rather.................................................uncool...
for ex. perry's example about how galileo's comments weren't popular to the "scientific community", whcih happened to be from a pope who threatened to kill him.

animal skin condoms still have a possibility to make kids, you only need 1 prick to get through and the intestine is full of holes/pores :O
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 1:59am
Originally posted by shing02

Originally posted by grapeape2669

everything from antibiotics (something organisms EVOLVED to get), bringing us to the moon, and fighting the 3 wars we're in

how can you even say science didnt help us. its science that brings new technology to us. although not all or government run, they can be government subsidized
Vagrant View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Vagrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 3:00am
Trump is a baller.
tcontradiction View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tcontradiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 10:59am
Yes he is... He buys a company pumps up the stocks sells his shares then runs the company into the ground and does it all over again! Yeah for Trump as long as your not a shareholder!
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 11:59am
Need to do my research, this will be my first election to be able to vote.
bhswrestler150 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 12:26pm
I dont see how everyone associates science with "green technology" if it wasnt for government subsidies most green project would be dead because there is no market for them. Windmills are a perfect example.

Science and innovation is dead in the US because schools teach to the lowest 3rd in the class and there is no emphasis on math anymore

not sure how that plays into the GOP being against science. Is the liberals that are pushing to give kids grades based on their effort instead of their comprehension
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by bhswrestler150

I dont see how everyone associates science with "green technology" if it wasnt for government subsidies most green project would be dead because there is no market for them. Windmills are a perfect example.

Science and innovation is dead in the US because schools teach to the lowest 3rd in the class and there is no emphasis on math anymore

not sure how that plays into the GOP being against science. Is the liberals that are pushing to give kids grades based on their effort instead of their comprehension

if it wasn't for government subsidies, coal/gas/oil industries wouldn't be so hot either :D
or at least be given 0 incentive to invest in other kinds of energy
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 11:45pm

if it wasn't for government subsidies, coal/gas/oil industries wouldn't be so hot either :D
or at least be given 0 incentive to invest in other kinds of energy

in regards to science being "dead", it's that and our immigration mentally challenged immigration policies. we have some of the best schools in the world, that attract people from all over...but we can't keep them because they "take our jerbs". because of that xenophobic attitude, that some guy who decided it was a nice idea to study for 4-8 years to ATTACK US FROM WITHIN, we think it's ok to send them packing.

i'm not even sure where you're getting these arguments, these sound like fox news points that you're being fed. windmills do just fine, we just need to BUILD MORE but nope, some people "don't like to see them" like donald trump. they'd rather see a smoke stack.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 2:28am
well windmill is no good honestly, unless you have alot of them, they dont generate enough energy and ruins the scenary wherever they are placed. not saying smoke stack is good, but solar power would be a good option instead 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tcontradiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 2:55am
Liberals want to teach to the lowest levels?

Conservatives want to get rid of public education! And thats not an opinion thats a fact.

Windmills are not the ansnwer alone. But you get windmills, solar panels, geothermal together and you can run a city on an endless supply of power. But we don't and its not because there is no market. Its because giant oil corporations lobby against it. Theres a reason why exxon has been worth the most since Early 2000.

Don't just watch Fox, follow the money.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 4:08am
^^yeah fox is pretty swayed in their decision. but whoever offers to subsidize solar panel for home owners will earn my vote for sure
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 4:29am
My comment about teaching to the lowest third is backed by the many many public school teachers I know all over the country that a forced to teach in a way to bring up test scores to make the school look better instead of actually teaching the kids that want to learn. I do have a problem with the idea of "babying" our youth. NO not every kid should get the same size trophy in T-ball. Real life does not work that way. The more you coddle kids the harder it make it on them when your adults. Thats not a fox news or a cnn news thing.

As far as alternative energy sources go I actually have inside information on that. First off Windmills are have an incredibly high initial cost, are very expensive to maintain, and overall are pretty inefficient(please dont make me pull out the spec sheets to get the actual numbers). So besides the fact that the same Green people that want clean energy are fighting off shore wind farms windmills to not do a great job

As far as solar goes..... its slow..... but getting there. Currently solar panels for a typical residential install takes about 15yrs to get your return on investment. Thats if you do not have an issue with the panel of inverter which are very expensive. There is a good amount of progress being made in this field and the next few years should be interesting

Also CT tried to do incentives for solar, a bunch of small solar places popped up about a year ago, they are ALL now out of business

Regardless alternative sources are no where near capable of supplying the base load of our electric supply needs. They are currently being used in some places for peak load which represents a small portion of energy used. If you don't understand base and peak load then you really don't have a leg to stand on in an energy source conversation.

btw for anyone interested one of the coolest technologies I have recently heard of is using a mirror array set up on a few acres all pointed at a metal water tower. The light supper heats the water that turns a turbine and actually puts out quite a bit of power

So I hope now you can see I am not a Fox news drone. I am an independent thinker who does technically lean right but I do my own research and form my own opinions. I give alot of credit to the person a few post ago who said they are excited to vote for the first time and NEED TO DO THEIR RESEARCH.
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 9:15am
Originally posted by tcontradiction

Liberals want to teach to the lowest levels?

Conservatives want to get rid of public education! And thats not an opinion thats a fact.

Windmills are not the ansnwer alone. But you get windmills, solar panels, geothermal together and you can run a city on an endless supply of power. But we don't and its not because there is no market. Its because giant oil corporations lobby against it. Theres a reason why exxon has been worth the most since Early 2000.

Don't just watch Fox, follow the money.

Of course conservatives want to get rid of education.  How else can they continue to manipulate and control people if they were actually educated?!?  It is very profitable for conservatives to keep America dumb and that is a very sad state of affairs.

They are the biggest terrorists and threat to our country in my book!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 9:25am
Do u have any facts to back up your statement? Or is that just your own personal opinion?
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2011 at 10:36pm
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bhswrestler150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2011 at 2:45am
OK so read the article and from what I read she wants to get rid of the federal department of education, and give all the power to state DOE I'm actually a huge fan of this idea. Why do we need oversite at both the state and federal level? I would much rather send most of my taxes to the state where I can actually see where my dollars go.

Yes I do lean right but i would not call myself a Republican. I think there is way to much wasteful spending and redundancy in government and it needs to be cleaned up fast. For example industry practice is to have 1 manager for every 10 to 12 employees average governance has 1 manager to every 6 employees....... Why? Because cause some big campaign contributors brother in law needs a job.

I absolutely agree with you we need to educate our kids and or level of education needs much improvement. What I do not think will help is government involvement and throwing more money at it....... That hadn't worked for the last 20 years

Typical right wing "tea party" views are the parents need to be more involved and take more responsibility for their kids and that's hard to argue with
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2011 at 8:04am

OK so read the article and from what I read she wants to get rid of the federal department of education, and give all the power to state DOE I'm actually a huge fan of this idea. Why do we need oversite at both the state and federal level? I would much rather send most of my taxes to the state where I can actually see where my dollars go.

Yes I do lean right but i would not call myself a Republican. I think there is way to much wasteful spending and redundancy in government and it needs to be cleaned up fast. For example industry practice is to have 1 manager for every 10 to 12 employees average governance has 1 manager to every 6 employees....... Why? Because cause some big campaign contributors brother in law needs a job.

I absolutely agree with you we need to educate our kids and or level of education needs much improvement. What I do not think will help is government involvement and throwing more money at it....... That hadn't worked for the last 20 years

Typical right wing "tea party" views are the parents need to be more involved and take more responsibility for their kids and that's hard to argue with
You're being waaayyyy too reasonable and thoughtful. I mean, if you can't be attacked on substance, at least allow for someone to attack you for attitude's sake.Big smile Thanks for your post.
bucknasty View Drop Down
Local
Local
Rip.

Quote bucknasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2011 at 11:20am

Sort of... that's the politically correct way of saying that you support homeschooling. There is a big push for anti-science homeschooling (creationism, abstinence-only sex ed, etc.) in the evangelical community. They hate public schools mostly because they don't teach "Bible science".
bucknasty View Drop Down
Local
Local
Rip.

Quote bucknasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2011 at 11:29am
Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

Most insightful thing I've read about U.S. politics in a while, written by a former Republican insider. READ THIS BEFORE YOU VOTE.

It's a long piece explaining the hidden (in plain sight) agenda of the modern-day Republican party:

1. The GOP cares solely and exclusively about its rich contributors.
  2. They never met a war they didn't like, debt be damned.
  3. Mix politics with religious fundamentalism.

Very ballsy things to say from a former GOP staffer!
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2011 at 12:25pm
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2011 at 7:28pm
@bucknasty - lol nice (sorry, quote system doesn't seem to work atm for me)

especially mixing politics and religion...like how bachman is running for presidency because god told her to...

why won't god tell someone smart to run? :/
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2011 at 10:20pm
so...how does everyone feel about bachmann's quote on how vaccines gave kids mental retardation? :D
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2011 at 10:14pm

so...how does everyone feel about bachmann's quote on how vaccines gave kids mental retardation? :D
All vaccines or just the one Perry wanted given to young Texas girls? She's not going to last much longer. Especially if she can't answer difficult personal questions any better than she did in this clip from Face the Nation:
http://news.dedlines.com/2011/06/michelle-bachmann-god-told-me-to-run.html
ASMRides View Drop Down
Local
Local
Waxin yo

Quote ASMRides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2011 at 10:23pm
Let me just mention Ron Paul's name, forget about Perry and Bachmann.. Let them play the political game but in the end get the right man in the white house
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2011 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by ASMRides

Let me just mention Ron Paul's name, forget about Perry and Bachmann.. Let them play the political game but in the end get the right man in the white house
Why do you like Paul?
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2011 at 10:33pm

Why do you like Paul?

i don't entirely agree with everything he does but...................................lets compare him to the top few front runners, shall we? :D

*cough*bachmann
ASMRides View Drop Down
Local
Local
Waxin yo

Quote ASMRides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2011 at 12:19am
^ Agreed but you can't agree with everything anyone does.

I like Paul because of the following:

He's humble... Something that doesn't earn as much respect it should nowadays.

The fact that he's not in it for himself, he's in it for the country. Something I'd think all candidates SHOULD be about but arent?!?

Also Paul served, as Commander in Chief I'd want someone who knows what our soldiers are going through.

I'm not big into politics by any means but I just feel it necessary to at least mention Ron Paul.

I'm only 18 and next year will be my first time voting so flame on if you must
lettuce View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
lol

Quote lettuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2011 at 1:17am
sgreen View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2011 at 12:08pm

Why do you like Paul?

i don't entirely agree with everything he does but...................................lets compare him to the top few front runners, shall we? :D

*cough*bachmann
So, he's just the lesser of the Republican evils? Which of Paul's policies do you agree with?
bucknasty View Drop Down
Local
Local
Rip.

Quote bucknasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2011 at 12:31pm
@shing02: Yep, it's a very important article that shows you all of the Republican candidates in a new light. Even Ron Paul, the so-called libertarian, is in bed with the religious fundamentalist crowd.

By the way shing02 the MC is pretty dope!
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2011 at 10:08pm

All vaccines or just the one Perry wanted given to young Texas girls? She's not going to last much longer. Especially if she can't answer difficult personal questions any better than she did in this clip from Face the Nation:
http://news.dedlines.com/2011/06/michelle-bachmann-god-told-me-to-run.html

i love the way she handled that...she...is something evil and some kind of fierce...

ALMOST everything she said (at least before this month) have been shots against obama not listening or some bull-crap like that...and i hope you're right...i hope she loses to the next person who wants her office :/
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2011 at 10:11pm
@bucknasty
nah', i think i'm an ok MC...

nah, i'm kidding, i'm not the real shing02. i'm pretty surprised no one, in the past 300,000 or so, took this screen name! creative way to spell "shingo" too...sorta...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tcontradiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2011 at 12:59pm
I like Paul's isolation idea. I also like Pauls idea that if someone can afford health insurance and decides not to get it we should let them die.

But I believe theres a role in gov't. I like someone inspecting my food. I believe in regulation to keep the water and air clean. We have seen what de regulation can lead.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by tcontradiction

I like Paul's isolation idea. I also like Pauls idea that if someone can afford health insurance and decides not to get it we should let them die.

But I believe theres a role in gov't. I like someone inspecting my food. I believe in regulation to keep the water and air clean. We have seen what de regulation can lead.

i think he wanted to take back the idea of "let them die" if you watch the debate. the thing is, is that hospitals aren't gonna check if you have insurance or not (a bit counter intuitive, especially if you are insured).
and a dying patient will obviously say "yes, i am insured" or "yes, i can pay for it", then the burden ends up being re-shifted to us. there's no way to check if their life is on the line so  you'll jsut have to take their word for it and do your job :3
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2011 at 9:00am
i think travis rice should become president
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2011 at 10:00am
Originally posted by kyle521

i think travis rice should become president

if cali elected the governator, i dont see why not
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tcontradiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2011 at 3:32pm
Of course he back away from the idea. They all do when the media starts pouncing over them. Its the digital age. They can check to see if you have insurance. We don't have to take someones word on it.

A few mouse clicks and you can find out a person age, address, family, how much they make. Your telling me that we can't find if someone has health insurance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>