Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hawkeyepnx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Chamber Fanatics
    Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 5:20pm
3 of us are looking into buying reverse camber boards for next year. Each one of us are looking for something with considerable flex 5 at the very most, but the more flex, we feel the better. I need a wide board, so 25.5+cm, but being a taller guy, I would like a shorter board, something 151-155 area. We are looking for suggestions on boards. We are interested in CAPiTA and Lib-Tech/GNU, but open to suggestions. We are looking for purely screw around, butter-butter-butter, hit the park, do goofy fun looking random things but quality is important without breaking the bank. Please, give us some personal feedback, ABSOLUTELY NO BURTON BOARDS. Looking for Pros, Cons, and actually could use the little extra info on where the board is built. Thanks for all the upcoming posts.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by hawkeyepnx

ABSOLUTELY NO BURTON BOARDS.

this screams ignorant fanboi
SLUSHIE View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 5:27pm
I don't care for Burton either, i just don't like their business tactics..  Say what you will about EST, but really it's just a way to make sure you buy their bindings.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by panther

Burton boots and pants ripped on seams in less than 4 uses this season. 1 pair of Burton boots speed laces broke in 3 uses. 2 Burton boards had top sheet issues in less than 6 trips, none due to running into anything. Burton Customs already falling apart in one season. Going in a new direction.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 5:31pm

Burton boots and pants ripped on seams in less than 4 uses this season. 1 pair of Burton boots speed laces broke in 3 uses. 2 Burton boards had top sheet issues in less than 6 trips, none due to running into anything. Burton Customs already falling apart in one season. Going in a new direction.

fair enough, to each his own.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 5:32pm

All boards chip in my experience...my Capita Midlife has a ton of top sheet damage with about 14 days of riding on it...but I could care less the board rides great.  My burton boots have 40 days on them still going strong...my cartels have held up great...and my burton jacket has had no issues.

With that being said sounds like you might want the Horroscope or maybe even a k2 www (but this board is pretty lame in my view for anything other purely playful riding)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 5:35pm
My Burton POW board, is amazing; At 162cm its light, carves amazing, and rides fantastic. I will never get rid of it, and when I no longer ride it, it will be a wall mounted board as a personal trophy. I just feel after all the other issues and the amount of pushing Burton does to dominate the industry, I would like to support another well built board. LOVE my DC right now.
packfan4ever View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 5:48pm
Capita boards all day. Horrorscope . An I got 10 days on my midlife an it's got like no damage at all but my Burton was beat to crap after like 5 days
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by packfan4ever

Capita boards all day. Horrorscope . An I got 10 days on my midlife an it's got like no damage at all but my Burton was beat to crap after like 5 days

i like to liken this burton hate to a basketball game. two players scrambling for the ball, one player knocks it out. both teams erupt, pointing that the ball is theirs, because they want it to be, even though they all know who's ball it really is.

burton hate is the exact same thing. you bought a burton board, and you look at it, and becase its cool to hate on burton, you seem to think that its "beat to crap" after 5 days. yet you look at your capita, because its dope to love capita, because they're "core", and after 158 days on the slope, its actually better than the day you bought. its amazing.

hating on burton is so dumb. i am by no means a burton fanboy. i have a few burton products, and plenty of other products from other brand, but i couldn't care less if i had to ride capita, ride, lib, whatever. just stop hating on burton because everyone else does.
c-money View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
sick

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 7:02pm
consider k2's www. i feel like k2 gets ignored but they make nice nice boards and have a ton of size options, moderately priced as well.
Civicforever View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
mx5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 7:03pm
Nitro SubZero all the way, soft and playful all day yet cna still hold an edge if needed
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 7:51pm

-SpeedZone Laces break, big deal. Don't jerk on them like a jackass and there is no reason for them to break though. Slow and steady.

-Seams rip. It happens with anything...

-By "top sheets issues" i'm assuming you mean little dings and chips from others in the lifts, riding on ice, other people, hitting something you don't realize. Unless the board is actually de-laminating clean than it is not any sort of issue from Burton. Oh ya, i'm sure you never ran into anything either...

To sum it up, i'm calling bull-shit.
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 8:34pm
nicks and small edge dings are to expect. one inch in, looked like a crater about the size of a half dollar piece, no base damages. the other, complete nose delam/separation around the whole radius, not from impact. heck, any idiot knows a board gets marks and battle wounds if its being used. i have a nice scrape on each one of my boards' tail from skiers, this isnt the red carpet, i know what happens. As far as seams, not rips, the material has no damage, the sewing failed as though i took and pulled all the threading out. the boots, it wasnt that the laces snapped, it was as though i wore the lace away with a file.

i posted no burton, because i am interested in something other than burton. just because mercedes and bmw are huge, doesnt take away that some people think audi is a better luxury. burton makes some great gear, i havent had great luck with it, plain and simple. if you want to talk about burton (good or bad), do that in a different topic

lets leave the attitude, and focus on the thread. im glad youre sure about my gear. thanks for the helpful post and colorful language
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 10:01pm
I would recommend the rome Artifact Rocker
Here's a review on the artifact
http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34840&PN=1&PID=670564#670564

but they don't come in wide
I say get the Postermania Wide

When I was demoing the artifact and the guy in the demo tent noticed I liked to butter but also hit a good amount of jumps too, he then recommended the Postermania.

Long hair don't care!
Longboarderdude View Drop Down
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 3:24am
Check out the signal park rocker.  Youve probably seen how extreme the rocker is  so it make the board super buttery and easy to press.  Signals are made at the lodge in cali.
I make handmade longboards PM me for info.
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 3:27am
I was going to say sierra stunt but tjats a burton blunt
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 7:32am
the horrorscope is an awesome board!

u can also consider signal park rockeR?
dance like no one's watching
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 7:59am
i have looked around at signal, not very familiar yet. i do enjoy every third thursday that they put on, pretty cool ideas.
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 8:22am

i have looked around at signal, not very familiar yet. i do enjoy every third thursday that they put on, pretty cool ideas.

Signal is legit, from California.  A local shop (K5) reps them...I don't know if their boards are manufactured there (Hunigton Beach) or offshore.

You can butter any board really.  You already got some decent choices.  If it was my, I'd buy a beater off CL for less than $60 and use it until it breaks.  Especially since you're just jibbing the shtook out of it.
Did you google it?
Marumm View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
caw

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 11:30am
To be fair, there are legitimate reasons to want to avoid Burton boards.  Their binding setups for one; if you don't want to buy into the channel system or deal with the 3-hole BS.  Business practices would be another.  Wanting to buy American, etc.

That said I have a ton of Burton gear that's served me rather well.
trewyn15 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 11:32am

fair enough, to each his own.

stop falling.  dont abuse the product and youll be fine, non of my burton stuff broke.  
Wingnutx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 11:45am

3 of us are looking into buying reverse chamber boards... ABSOLUTELY NO BURTON BOARDS .

What the hell is "reverse chamber"?  Is this some new secret anti- Burton technology?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 11:55am
Reverse-camber (rocker) snowboards raise the board’s contact points off the snow. Puts your contact points underneath your feet instead of the tip and tail like skis have. The no burton comes from wanting suggestions other than burton made boards, such as the v-rocker. --- Yes, yes, I feel the sarcasm.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 12:03pm
He was being sarcastic 
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 4:33pm
The Ride rocker system is great IMO. Flat through the bindings the low rocker to tip and tail, great all round boards.
Mortoni View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 4:48pm
Capita Horrorscope FK ($359), Indoor Survival FK ($399), or Ultrafear FK ($459ish?) would be my suggestions. Horrorscope has a flex rating of 3, Indoor has 5ish i think, and Ultrafear has 5 or 6. All are used for park mostly but the Indoor and Ultrafear can handle pretty well all over the mountain. I just bought a Horrorscope FK that will be in by Monday so I'll letcha know what I think of that. I'm sure it will be flexible enough for what you're looking for but it probably won't handle the rest of the mountain as well as the other too. I'll letcha know though.
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 5:17pm
I'll throw in bataleon's evil twin, fun.kink and airobic.  All totally buttery.  Maybe a little pricier than some (depending on year, time of season, etc), but built about as strong as you're gonna find. 

from what I recall, capita are some of the best bang for the buck (besides omatic), but I've also seen some hideous delams 
souladdikt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Mortoni

Capita Horrorscope FK ($359), Indoor Survival FK ($399), or Ultrafear FK ($459ish?) would be my suggestions.

I love my Ultrafear for park laps and groomers. But for just messing around and jibbing I'd save a little money and grab a Horrorscope. Any jib stick will be good for what you're looking for.
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 8:10am
^ agreed.  ultrafear dominates the park and is also a monster everywhere else.  i use it for 90% of my riding.  everyday except for pow days.

if its strictly a jib stick, then u can do with the horrorscope.  slower but easier to maintain. much more of a noodle.
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 9:59am
you won't find more flex than a signal park rocker.  made in the USA too.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 12:58pm
if you want a purely screw around board, Signal Park Rocker can't be beat. There reverse camber is to the extreme and none can compare to it, as if is a cheater board. I'm a 150cm board guy and I rode my buddies 154 and I can still butter and press as easy as my board (probably easier b/c of the shape). the Park rocker is literaly shape like a rice bowl. is also very durable after 20+ days of full riding. topsheet shows only a couple chips, which is from a skier. the base is sinistered and holds wax well. Sidewalls are strong and thick. is not the lightest board, but light enough. the down side for the extreme shape is jumping and landing, can get fishy especially on bigger features.
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 1:23pm
funny they threw a sintered based on the park rocket. hahaha
jerry000 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 1:26pm
i would take a look at some neversumme boards...they make a quality board and the EVO in the park is outstanding
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 7:46pm
i am seeing a lot of suggestion to go capita, never ridden one of their boards and it certainly sparks my interest, plus, some very sick graphics. never summer does make amazing pow boards, i would be curious to see how the evo stands for park. I was told because of my height/weight and wanting a very flexy board not to go smaller than a 153w and even that is pushing it, but i ride 158 and 162, so i want to go at least down to a 155
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 8:39pm

if you wanna go capita, you wont be disappointed.  quality is top notch and customer service is the best in my opinion.

i had both the horrorscope and the ultrafear.  and if you just want a jib stick then go with the horrorscope.  unless u got the money and want something a little stiffer and fasster than go ultrafear.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 9:49am
My DC MLF is stiffer and fast as heck right now, but I will keep both in mind. Sizing is going to be a big thing for me, but something purely about play, I am guessing the horrorscope is going to be where I want to go. At least from what I am reading from CAPiTA fans, if I do choose to go with that brand. I still have interest in Lib-Tech/GNU boards with the magne trac and living in the midwest, plus I know they are quality. But, that being said, they arent cheap and I havent seen much in forums about their boards.
chramiji View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 5:35pm
i didnt get a chance to ride my arbor draft yet, but compared it side by side to the lib banana. The draft makes the banana feel like its a stiff board. if the banana is rated a 4 in stiffness, then the draft is a 2.

construction wise, I think the banana has the edge on the top sheet construction quality (its pre filed and smoothen out so it will less likely catch a gash), u will have to file the draft down (i have to do this because i feel like the top sheet will damage fast based on look and feel.)

i cant say much for the ride on the draft, but both of them looks to be a similar shape wide tail and nose, great for pressing, and the draft at 155 has a standard waist width of 25.1 but it measured out to 26 on my ruler... idk if my ruler is off or what.

I know some people hate the draft saying it cant grip on ice, but many other said your ability to ride on ice is more u than the board, so idk. and there are people who feel this board is the worse reverse camber out there. Idk though. lol It looks like a solid board to me, I cant wait to pick up a pair of 390 boss and go at it. the flex gets me quite excited.
yummyblobs View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 5:58pm
I say capita horror scope as well, price to performance is incomparable
souladdikt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 6:39pm

I still have interest in Lib-Tech/GNU boards with the magne trac and living in the midwest, plus I know they are quality. But, that being said, they arent cheap and I havent seen much in forums about their boards.

Nothing wrong with the Mervin boards but, like you said, they aren't cheap--especially for a what is essentially going to be your jib board. Really, any noodle will do.
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 3:49am
Originally posted by ddomski

you won't find more flex than a signal park rocker.  made in the USA too.

Nitro Haze! Comes in wide and regular. Softest board in the market. Big smile  Likely made in the People's Republic China! Wink
PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME… THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! -------- GEAR: Palmer Timeless 164, Nitro Haze 156, Burton T6 164, Ride Machete 161W (LE), Burton P1.1, Burton C60, Union Force SL, K2 DB T1 (boots)
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 4:19am
First off suck about ur experience with burton cuz ur issues with the board. you should have had it sent to warranty unless it did have damage. i just got mine back after 2weeks I had a delam issue and the gave me a new board.
If you dont want burton check out nitro or never summer both have good warranties and have a good selection of park boards. though the thing is its hard to find a 5 flex on a reverse camber. most are about 3
Guest_253632 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 4:37am
if you are a no-burton man, i offer you libtech skatebanana sith gnu bindings
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 8:40am
To Dice - NO CHINESE BOARDS!    I hate sending any more money that way.

Scuddera - Yeah, it was a crappy ordeal and I was shocked about all it. I was told to expect more out of burton, if they come through in the end it will be fine. We maybe have a week left of riding in the midwest, so I can send my stuff off without worries of the time it takes to get back. Pretty nice to get a new board for warranty though

souladdikt & Guest - yeah, one of the guys in the group that are looking for with boards that I made this post for is really big into wanting a lib board, or mervin products for that matter. They are spendy buuuut sometimes you really do get what you pay for.
oddman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 8:45am
>>>SpeedZone Laces break, big deal. Don't jerk on them like a jackass and there is no reason for them to break though. Slow and steady>|<<

Not the dumbest thing you have ever posted , but close. 
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 4:30pm

To Dice - NO CHINESE BOARDS!    I hate sending any more money that way. .

LOL I was JK man. I'm not really sure where they made it but Nitro boards are usually made in Europe (Austria I think). Haze is their intro street urban low maintenance stick.

Just pointing out that it is by far the softest board I know of (with teh exception aybe of Japan made 011 Artist boards for ground tricks). May not have the extended RC of the signal rocker, but it is the softest.

Having said that, I have seen a guy do a complete cartwheel flip in the air on that particular board and land it! Just saying... check it out.

Cheers
PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME… THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! -------- GEAR: Palmer Timeless 164, Nitro Haze 156, Burton T6 164, Ride Machete 161W (LE), Burton P1.1, Burton C60, Union Force SL, K2 DB T1 (boots)
K24life View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 4:34pm
why no burton haha? there the best..
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2011 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Marumm

To be fair, there are legitimate reasons to want to avoid Burton boards.  Their binding setups for one; if you don't want to buy into the channel system or deal with the 3-hole BS.  Business practices would be another.  Wanting to buy American, etc.

That said I have a ton of Burton gear that's served me rather well.

I am not sure why the channel is mentioned...you do not have to buy est bindings with the channel it is just an option.  I use regular cartels on my malolo and then use them on my midlife as well. 
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2011 at 11:14am
and other companies have baseplates that can adapt to the channel system
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2011 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by K24life

why no burton haha? there the best..

Then why isnt your name Burton4life?
vinberg11 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2011 at 2:51pm
yes definitively would go with captia very good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>