Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heavenly announces their season pass pricing
    Posted: Mar/08/2011 at 3:09pm
next week.  Hopefully it's a decent deal, and it'd be even better if they include Northstar and Sierra with it.  I also hope they allow you to ride the rest of this season on it too!
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2011 at 5:58pm
I'm pumped to hear of the pricing.  They will definitely include Northstar.  Not so sure about Sierra but I hope they do!  If you buy early you will get 4 free buddy passes for 50 bucks any day of the season.  I used up all 4 of mine last year super quick.  I bought my pass before I even knew Northstar and Sierra were going to be a part of all the fun.  Quite a great surprise
turbo95sir View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grand Targhee tree run

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2011 at 6:01pm
not a fan...and i highly doubt sierra will be included with the merger. vail doesn't play with small timers since they love money and hyping up prices. i'll prob just get a squaw pass for next year. had the triple whammy and squaw this year, but only b/c squaw was blacked out on saturdays
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2011 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by turbo95sir

vail doesn't play with small timers since they love money

A working agreement with Arapahoe Basin, CO proves your theory wrong, and they are much much smaller than Sierra.

I suspect the Epic Pass will include Sierra for sure, and then some sort of Tahoe pass much like the Colorado Pass. My guess for Epic pass price this spring... 700, a hell of a deal really.
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
SLUSHIE View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2011 at 6:57pm
How can an Epic pass be 700 if the normal pass this season was 799.  I really do not expect Sierra to be included.  I'm pretty sure they had the option to buy the resort and they didn't.

I've always wondered, does a season pass include summer mountain biking?  I've never done that before at Northstar and wondered how that works.

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2011 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Scorer099

Originally posted by turbo95sir

vail doesn't play with small timers since they love money

A working agreement with Arapahoe Basin, CO proves your theory wrong, and they are much much smaller than Sierra.

I suspect the Epic Pass will include Sierra for sure, and then some sort of Tahoe pass much like the Colorado Pass. My guess for Epic pass price this spring... 700, a hell of a deal really.

Yeah, the Epic pass keeps on a rising in price.  My buddy wishes the pass was over $1k to keep all the gapers off the mountain.  Breck is always way too packed
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2011 at 7:25pm
Sierra is a Booth Creek resort and will not be aligned with Vail Resorts next year.  From what I'm told, they are looking for a partner but nothing's gaining traction. 

I had the Double Whammy then the 'Scourge of the Yellow Lanyard' as my buddies like to call them arrived, so now I'm not sure what I'm doing never year.
-zakk

SLUSHIE View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2011 at 12:35am
Yeah IDK what I'll be doing next year because this doesn't look promising.

Sugar Bowl might me my choice next year.  Not as good but saves me good 25mins or so on the drive.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2011 at 10:00am
Originally posted by SLUSHIE

Yeah IDK what I'll be doing next year because this doesn't look promising.

Sugar Bowl might me my choice next year.  Not as good but saves me good 25mins or so on the drive.

Yeah, I'm looking at the same thing, plus access to the side country.  Northstar on a M-F pow day is hard to beat, tho...

-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 9:22am
The prices are announced!  They really changed the prices and set up from this season.  Sierra not included.  $500 for Heavenly and Northstar, $380 excluding Northstar on Saturdays.  The tahoe local pass kind of sucks

boardoholic View Drop Down
Local
Local
The Dragon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 9:27am
So I guess we can all quit speculating now. Go here for details... http://www.snow.com/epicpass/home.aspx

- - - - - - -

How can an Epic pass be 700 if the normal pass this season was 799?
You're forgetting that the $799 for Hvnly/N* (aka the "normal pass") was the in-season pricing. Ya know... the whole "buy now or early and save more" schtick.

- - - - - - -
I guess it's time to pray to the snow gods for the return of the SugarWood pass. Hmmm... or would a petition/email/facebook-movement/etc. to Kirkwood & Sugar Bowl be more effective? LOL
PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing. ~Mitch Hedberg
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 9:32am
Hmmm, interesting.  So you just pay an extra $120 to be able to ride Northstar on Saturdays?  Almost seems worth it...
Or shell out $650 and get Unlimited riding at every Vail resort on any day of the season.
SLUSHIE View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 9:59am
I'm wondering what the prices will be after May 30th.

It really is not at all logical for me to buy a pass right now.

It sounds like mountain biking is included as long as you get the Epic pass, which If I were to buy one I wouldn't get that.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 10:06am
Actually to me it looks like the fine print does NOT allow you to mountain bike for free.

When do I get my summer benefits?
Summer benefits for
2011/12 season passes will be valid for summer 2011 if purchased in the Spring
2011. Pass not valid for Summer 2012. Summer 2012 access will be applied to
passes purchased in spring/summer of 2012.

* Summer lift access does not include bike haul.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 10:20am
$379 is a good deal for both resorts, but I do sort of miss the $339 early Season Heavenly only pricing from prior years.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 10:40am
Originally posted by barnyard

$379 is a good deal for both resorts, but I do sort of miss the $339 early Season Heavenly only pricing from prior years.

I really miss the $340 price from last season.  Apparently we got pretty lucky with the Northstar addition for free.
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 10:40am
Originally posted by CO_champagne

Yeah, the Epic pass keeps on a rising in price.  My buddy wishes the pass was over $1k to keep all the gapers off the mountain.  Breck is always way too packed

Idiot...there are more noobs with money than great riders who have to work two jobs as it is to buy a season pass.
Do you think increasing the price of a pass is going to keep away the people who have 2500 bucks invested in their awesome new gear and matching outerwear?
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 10:49am
Originally posted by CO_champagne

Originally posted by barnyard

I really miss the $340 price from last season.  Apparently we got pretty lucky with the Northstar addition for free.

definitely.  I had the pass for the preceding 5 years and last year was the first year I didn't get it.  Hearing that they threw in Northstar for free made me very jealous.  I was hoping to get it free this year, but I guess $40 for it isn't too terrible.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
dmo580 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 1:02pm
If you look at this from a Heavenly perspective, it's not bad. Decent really.

If you look at this from a Double Whammy Pass perspective, this is pathetic.

I miss the days of $229 college pass or young adult pass. It's ok. I'm done with Northstar. I've been there like 25 times in the past 4 seasons I'll be moving on. I'll miss the park that's for sure but NOT the 30 minute waits.
SLUSHIE View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2011 at 8:26pm
Never go on a weekend.  Thats the rule.

I went on a few weekends this year and it was the most crowded I have ever seen the place.  One thing I hope they do is get rid of those damn buses.  I miss the old tractors with the trailers but I think since the parking lot is now so narrow that would be impossible.

The way they cram people into those buses is ridiculous though.  They never should have built those condos there.  They should have been the ones taking the damn bus.
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2011 at 8:32pm

Never go on a weekend.  Thats the rule.

I went on a few weekends this year and it was the most crowded I have ever seen the place.  One thing I hope they do is get rid of those damn buses.  I miss the old tractors with the trailers but I think since the parking lot is now so narrow that would be impossible.

The way they cram people into those buses is ridiculous though.  They never should have built those condos there.  They should have been the ones taking the damn bus.

weekends are the only time for the working folk to go...le sigh
BananaMonster View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2011 at 9:32pm
$379 isnt a bad deal I only wish it included Northstar on saturdays just for simplicities sake.

looks like vail is going to build up Northstar and create a big name resort to compete with Squaw while neglecting changes that favor local patrons. 
Dont trip chocolate chip!
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 8:49am
anyone know if there is a student discount available for any of these passes?
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 8:52am
From reading the blog mentioned above, it looks like the student passes will be announced in September or October, if my memory serves me correctly.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 3:07pm
I was at Northstar today and got sent to the office and the peeps in there thought the Tahoe pass was a joke at first. 

It flat out sucks unless you're doing a roadie to Colorado for 2 weeks and then it's worth it for the EPic unlimited.

Oh, and Northstar's fast pass is now $200 and there is NO vertical plus program.  Anyone who had a Double Whammy pass of any flavor just got the high hard one to the arse.
-zakk

SLUSHIE View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 3:16pm
Vertical Plus sucked after they took out the gates anyways.  Thats when my family stopped getting it.

You get like 15,000 "feet" for just showing up (should have been changed to points).  Back in the day we could easily do double that when it actually kept track.  Then they had 1.5 or double points days.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2011 at 1:10pm

I've always wondered, does a season pass include summer mountain biking?  I've never done that before at Northstar and wondered how that works.

Originally posted by robnezz23

Actually to me it looks like the fine print does NOT allow you to mountain bike for free.

When do I get my summer benefits?
Summer benefits for
2011/12 season passes will be valid for summer 2011 if purchased in the Spring
2011. Pass not valid for Summer 2012. Summer 2012 access will be applied to
passes purchased in spring/summer of 2012.

* Summer lift access does not include bike haul.

I've had N* winter passes in the past and I've had summer mtn biking passes the past few years. They've never included any overlapping benefits other than accumulating vertical plus feet/points. I figured it would only get worse. For now, I'm just glad they're keeping the mtn bike park.
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2011 at 4:08pm
the winter pass is good for hiking and such, we've done that.  but as soon as you need a bike pulled up the mountain, you need a pass.
-zakk

dmo580 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 8:11pm
if you guys read the Northstar Facebook page where their COO leaves a message about the pricing, everyone flamed him to death.

the prices suck. they're only marginal compared to this season's prices and that's when he compared them to late pricing. if oyu compared to 10-11' early bird pricing, it's no comparison.

plus the omission of a $250 college pass means screweddddddddd
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2011 at 7:40am
Originally posted by dmo580

if you guys read the Northstar Facebook page where their COO leaves a message about the pricing, everyone flamed him to death.

the prices suck. they're only marginal compared to this season's prices and that's when he compared them to late pricing. if oyu compared to 10-11' early bird pricing, it's no comparison.

plus the omission of a $250 college pass means screweddddddddd

they are already backpedaling on that one.  the FB and twitter feeds said something to the affect of "stay tuned for upcoming college pass info"

I was talking to some friends and it would be cool if you could pick which of the two resorts you could have the Saturday blackout.  I'm more into the north shore with here my friends live/ride so I'd be fine with a 7 day northstar/6 day heav pass.  the fact that even this simple option is overlooked really speaks volumes about how poorly Vail has handled this transition.

Sierra is working on a Double Whammy with another north shore resort, but it looks like it's falling apart.  we'll know for sure in a week or so.  Pricing will be $329 for an unlimited pass.  I might just stick to SAT next year and maybe a Boreal night pass. 
-zakk

bucknasty View Drop Down
Local
Local
Rip.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2011 at 5:20pm
I almost didn't believe it when I received the email showing the early bird "discount" rate.

Time to login to Twitter and FB and let my feelings be known!
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2011 at 7:12am
there is a letter in the "notes" section of N*'s FB account. reading some of the responses it's a flame war of epic proportions (pun intended)
-zakk

Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2011 at 7:27am
Somebody call the Whaaaaaaaaaambulance.
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
bucknasty View Drop Down
Local
Local
Rip.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2011 at 12:42pm
I read the FB note and I gagged every time he referenced the "Northstar experience"
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2011 at 7:50am
Student prices announced!

Now, through May 30th, you can lock in your College season pass for next season for as little at $49 down. For only $299, the College Tahoe Value Pass provides skiing/riding access at Northstar Sunday - Friday and Heavenly 7 days a week, excluding 11 blackout dates. , in addition to special Colorado benefits. $50 pass holder tickets are available for purchase during blackout dates at both Heavenly & Northstar-at-Tahoe.
All College Tahoe Value pass holders will be required to visit a Heavenly Mountain Resort or Northstar-at-Tahoe season pass office this fall after September 6, 2011 with a college photo ID and copy of a current transcript with 12 or more credits.
Some spring pass benefits, such as Summer 2011 access, do not apply to the College Tahoe Value Pass. The Collelge Tahoe Value Pass is only available for purchase online. Price is guaranteed through May 30, 2011.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 1:02pm
Vail dropped the prices of all the passes by 20 bucks through May 8.  They claim this is because of the "epic" season of snow but do you think it's really because no one is buying their passes yet?  Multiple times last year Heavenly threatened a date when pass prices would go up, only to extend the date after it expired.  

Vail Resorts Drops Prices on 2011-2012 Season Passes with a Limited-Time Only Special Discount 

Beginning Friday, April 15 Through May 8, 2011

 Prices are dropping $20 on Adult Season Passes and $10 for Child/Teen/Senior Season 

Passes April 15 through May 8, 2011. 

 Anyone who has already purchased a pass for the 2011-2012 season will also receive the 

benefit of this new lower price, including a refund, if applicable. 

 $49 Locks in the Best Deals Now for Winter Ski and Snowboard Vacations with the Epic 

Pass, Epic 7-Day, New Epic Local Pass, Summit Value Pass and New Tahoe Value Pass.  

NewCastle4 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 1:07pm
Hopefully I will be able to get a season pass this year. I live in Michigan though, so it's not as cool. 
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2011 at 12:56pm
I bought before the price drop, but got an e-mail saying I will get a refund soon. No reason to wait really, if the price drops they'll refund you the difference!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2011 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by azngolfur

I bought before the price drop, but got an e-mail saying I will get a refund soon. No reason to wait really, if the price drops they'll refund you the difference!

True true.  Maybe after we all purchase they will purchase another resort and give us some more options for free!  haha LOL
jribeirojrrj View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2011 at 4:56am
i going to the Heavenly in Fev/2012
 Post Reply Post Reply