Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you tired off--- RANT
    Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 6:01pm
Tired of the NHL and NHLPA not able to come to an agreement. All this greed is ruining a great game.
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 6:09pm
I'll call it great when Wendel Clark puts skates back on. He was my favourite, I even went to his retirement game in 2000 and felt like I lost my hearing, it was amazing... Never watched a full hockey game again, even on TV, since that night. It's just too boring and dry and the warm character and team dynamic that made the sport so enjoyable to support is no longer there.
Originally posted by diviesti

Do you work with me? Sounds like my company, they have merged a few postions freeing up up roughly $80,000 in salary. Yet noone is getting a pay increase for the extra work that were doing.

Welcome to my world, mate. Try doing timing belts, water pumps, cylinder head gaskets, complete exhaust system fabrication, etc., regularly for minimum wage... Kids working at McDonalds make more than I do. I'm overqualified and excruciatingly underpaid, but the trade is in such a sorrowful state right now that there's nothing for me out there if I moved. Even if I wrote my trade certification tomorrow, my boss wouldn't afford to pay me.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Lux

I'll call it great when Wendel Clark puts skates back on. He was my favourite, I even went to his retirement game in 2000 and felt like I lost my hearing, it was amazing... Never watched a full hockey game again, even on TV, since that night. It's just too boring and dry and the warm character and team dynamic that made the sport so enjoyable to support is no longer there.

Do you work with me? Sounds like my company, they have merged a few postions freeing up up roughly $80,000 in salary. Yet noone is getting a pay increase for the extra work that were doing.

Welcome to my world, mate. Try doing timing belts, water pumps, cylinder head gaskets, complete exhaust system fabrication, etc., regularly for minimum wage... Kids working at McDonalds make more than I do. I'm overqualified and excruciatingly underpaid, but the trade is in such a sorrowful state right now that there's nothing for me out there if I moved. Even if I wrote my trade certification tomorrow, my boss wouldn't afford to pay me.

If kids working at McDonalds are getting higher wages than you, then should'nt you quit and get a better job at McDonalds?

I'm tired of not getting rewarded for working hard.
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 11:16am
Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

If kids working at McDonalds are getting higher wages than you, then should'nt you quit and get a better job at McDonalds?
I do it for the challenge as I define my character by hard work, dedication, and competence. Don't get me wrong, McDonald's is a perfectly fine job as any other, but I won't settle for riding the cut and chilling all day at work. I still have many opportunities to go back being a programmer and CISCO network technician, but I'm refusing deliberately. With that being said, I suggest that once you're out of high school, try your hand at many fields of work. I see too many people rooted into an education and career that they're never satisfied with because they never cast their seeds into the wind while the wind still blew...
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 4:36pm
I'm tired of never winning in the giveaway.. It always seems like people who win them just end up selling them in the forums!
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 6:58pm
I don't want to wait till december to snowboard. Im jealous of everyone who's getting to ride now. 
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 9:29pm
Tired of schoolwork
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 9:35pm
I'm tired of waiting to move back out west.  Can't will till the end of the year.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 9:42pm
So damn tired of being injured. Can't do shit in this condition, the frustration just builds and builds everyday.
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 11:46pm
Tired of not living in the mountains during the winter anymore 
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

So damn tired of being injured. Can't do shit in this condition, the frustration just builds and builds everyday.

Damn what happen? That sucks man! I remember a few years ago I broke my collar mid-season...It felt worse to not snowboard than to have a broken collar.

I'm tired of not being able to stick with a consistence work out routine and diet bc of crazy school schedule...damnit. I hate losing muscle!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 4:14pm
^ talking about losing muscle reminds me of the weight I'm losing...i'm down another 3 lbs.
My injury isn't as bad as a broken collar, but i can definitely relate to not doing stuff u would be doing if you didn't have the injury.
to answer your question, its my right shoulder from rock climbing, popped it on the 1st of Oct. very sad its not healed yet. Had it adjusted twice alrdy and I think i might need a third, but really don't want to spend the money I don't have.
dealing with some lower back pain as well. imagine going to wash your face in the morning as you lean into the sink a surge of pain emanates from ur lower back right through your body. wow that'll wake you, not in a good way

tired of applying to jobs that are alrdy filled! waste of time, waste of effort, lots of stress with nothing to show for. take down your damn job posts
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 6:55pm
^ OUCH on the back pain. I must have done something funky last season to my spine. It would hurt really bad when I stood up straight. I can't really feel it anymore unless I really arch my back backwards. I hope it doesn't get worse.

But yeah injuries are a bummer cause you cant shred and its a lot of dough to fix it
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 8:26pm
I'm tired of stoner drivers.  Idiot on a 2 lane freeway with a speed limit of 65 pulls up next to his buddy driving in the right lane and they both slow down to 35mph to try to have an improvised sign language conversation.  High beams and leaning on the horn did no good of course.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 11:13pm
my references can't get in touch with my prospective employer! D:...total bs!
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 8:55am
I'm tired of of how cheap the epic pass in CO is compared to Utah. Season pass pretty much anywhere here is $1,000 and its only good for that resort. This alone tempts me to move to CO
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 9:07am

I'm tired of of how cheap the epic pass in CO is compared to Utah. Season pass pretty much anywhere here is $1,000 and its only good for that resort. This alone tempts me to move to CO

Are you serious??? $1000 for season pass? And I though I was tired of my resort increasing the price...
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 9:10am
I thought i was tired of the $419 season pass for heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar. Apparently not. I am, however, tired of weekends that fly by and Mondays that drag on.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 9:11am
1000 dollars is way too much. I bet it keeps all the broke parkrats out, like me.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Lux

Ya I'm in the auto field too, I'm a service writer for a dealership. I make decent wage compared to other fields, but just tired of the BS.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 9:29am
Originally posted by MathiasM

Are you serious??? $1000 for season pass? And I though I was tired of my resort increasing the price...

Heres some pricing for adult passes here.

Brighton  $949
Canyons $1449
Powder Mountain $795
Park City w/ fast tracks $1252, $850 for non fast tracks
Snowbird w/ unlimited tram and chailifts $1,199, chairs only $1099
Snowbasin $1149
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 9:32am
Whoah, I'll never whine about Tahoe passes again.

I spent $400 on a pass this year and it's my birthday and Christmas present combined.  No way I could go $1000.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 10:01am
Holy crap, and here I am not even wanting to pay 300 bucks for a season pass.  But hey, if I lived on a local mountain with epic snow then I guess I wouldn't mind blowing 1000 bucks on a pass.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Holy crap, and here I am not even wanting to pay 300 bucks for a season pass.  But hey, if I lived on a local mountain with epic snow then I guess I wouldn't mind blowing 1000 bucks on a pass.

Your local season pass is only $300! Shocked

My season pass for LVSSR Adult Unlimited is $550, and the place is quite small.
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 10:50am
Yeah thats what I thought, mine is 400 as well. Sounds way more normal. 1k is just incredible. I mean I guess if you use it to its potential... those places are sick.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 11:53am
Originally posted by chillwill

Your local season pass is only $300! Shocked

My season pass for LVSSR Adult Unlimited is $550, and the place is quite small.

Yeah, for a small local mountain as well but it sure beats the crowd at the other local resorts.  
LarsGenius View Drop Down
Local
Local
Light It Up

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 1:17pm
1. jingles on commercials - they are mind rape.
2. words that make me puke - epic, creepy, crazy, swag
3. greedy b*tches
4. zombies
5. people who try to sound smart
7. expensive lift tickets
8. summer weather in the fall/winter

but it's starting to snow so everything will be ok Clap
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 2:39pm
I'm tired of Wifi that goes in and out.  One second it's lightning fast and the next the spinning logo just keeps going and going.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 3:35pm
Try paying around $1500 for a season pass at very average snow in Australia then you've got something to complain about
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Try paying around $1500 for a season pass at very average snow in Australia then you've got something to complain about

A season pass costs $1500?! Is that in US dollars?

I'm tired of running out of time and having to stay up late to complete my homework and projects. :(
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 11:35pm
That's in Australian dollars, so basically the same as US. But the snow is basically shit and the season doesn't last long at all
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 6:48am
I'm tired of not being able to wear jeans to work, except when the boss is on vacation. Nobody cares but her.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 8:03am
Originally posted by julius77

I'm tired of not being able to wear jeans to work, except when the boss is on vacation. Nobody cares but her.

Jeans?  Aren't you given a proper uniform including the cap with the magical "M" on it?

Now, as jizz-mopper in an adult video theatre, I can wear jeans every day although I choose to wear throw-away scrubs.  I don't want to bring any of that nastiness home on my clothing.
LegalBoarding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 8:25am
Originally posted by ctoma

Originally posted by julius77

Jeans?  Aren't you given a proper uniform including the cap with the magical "M" on it?

Now, as jizz-mopper in an adult video theatre, I can wear jeans every day although I choose to wear throw-away scrubs.  I don't want to bring any of that nastiness home on my clothing.

I'm tired of not being able to dress down for work as well. Wearing dress shoes and button downs gets tiring after awhile! Can't we have a little freedom to wear nice jeans and a not so crisp button down?

Ctoma - I gotta ask now. Are you really a jizz-mopper in an adult video theater? lol
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 8:42am
Yes we established that as his job a few weeks ago. Its a noble career, respect the mans decision. He went to a 4 year University for that.

Side note - Im tired of NOT getting to wear suits.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 9:12am
^ I wore 2 of the 3 suits in my closet that still fit me on Sunday (funeral home) and Monday (funeral), I don't mind wearing a suit occasionally but definitely do not want to return to wearing one daily.  I used to have a closet full of suits, shirts and ties and I was always too lazy and cheap to take my shirts to the drycleaners so I had to iron one every night.

And yes, I am a jizz mopper at an adult movie theatre (not theater, theatre makes it sound more legit).  The perks of the job include all of the popcorn I can eat as well as free movies, the downside is... well, being a jizz mopper in an adult movie theatre.  Pays the bills.  

Tip for you kids out there, when visiting an adult movie theatre, never eat the popcorn that is sticking together.

How my life has changed... I was once an elite mopper and called upon to mop the highest of high events.  I once belonged to the International Moppers Union and was sent all over the world to mop volleyball courts, basketball courts and wrestling mats (see photo below).  My tumble from grace started during the 1993-94 NBA Finals, Game 6.  During a TV timeout, I grabbed my mop and ran out onto the court, soaking up the players' sweat.  I missed one small puddle of grayish-brown sweat (must have been from Olajuwon), the exact puddle John Starks stepped into as he hoisted up a 3 pointer that would have won the game.  Instead, he slipped in the sweat and as a result his shot was off-target.  Knicks coach Pat Riley saw Starks slip, knew I was responsible and saw to it that I never mopped an NBA game again.  I got the last laugh though, since many NBA players visit the movie theatre I currently work at and I get to mop their... well, you know, sweat and love juice.  Depending on who the player is I sometimes bottle it and sell it on the internet, plenty of women want to get knocked up by NBA stars.  It helps finance my snowboarding.

MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 9:25am

^ I wore 2 of the 3 suits in my closet that still fit me on Sunday (funeral home) and Monday (funeral), I don't mind wearing a suit occasionally but definitely do not want to return to wearing one daily.  I used to have a closet full of suits, shirts and ties and I was always too lazy and cheap to take my shirts to the drycleaners so I had to iron one every night.
And yes, I am a jizz mopper at an adult movie theatre (not theater, theatre makes it sound more legit).  The perks of the job include all of the popcorn I can eat as well as free movies, the downside is... well, being a jizz mopper in an adult movie theatre.  Pays the bills.

sorry to hear that..

Ya I used to wear suits each day, now that I dont.. I miss it. I used to get huge discounts on nice suits.. so maybe thats why. All slim fit, looked good ALL DAY LONG ahaha
LegalBoarding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 9:42am
Oh man, clearly i've been out of the loop for far too long. I need to visit more often and catch up on the latest news. I guess that means I should say, "I'm tired of missing out on the big news in peoples' lives." 

Also sorry to hear that, Ctoma. 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 9:46am
^ Sorry about the funeral or my occupation?  You must scroll up a few posts to see the entire story, MathiasM quoted me before I completed it.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 9:49am
^Dude, I almost pissed myself at work. And yes, I think the top half of the uniform and jeans would be just fine. I am only on the fryers and drive through. Nobody can see my pants anyways, but not wearing pants and working the fryer is such a bad idea. I know from experience.
BTW ctoma- I never eat the popcorn.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 9:49am

How my life has changed... I was once an elite mopper and called upon to mop the highest of high events.  I once belonged to the International Moppers Union and was sent all over the world to mop volleyball courts, basketball courts and wrestling mats. 

Knicks coach Pat Riley saw Starks slip, knew I was responsible and saw to it that I never mopped an NBA game again.  
I'm tired of over paid nut wipes taking away our right to collective bargaining.  If ctoma's union would have been stonger, he would have been protected from the guys at the top.  That's what happens when you have a weak union folks, Pat Riley poos on you.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 9:59am

Originally posted by MathiasM

Heres some pricing for adult passes here.

Brighton  $949
Canyons $1449
Powder Mountain $795
Park City w/ fast tracks $1252, $850 for non fast tracks
Snowbird w/ unlimited tram and chailifts $1,199, chairs only $1099
Snowbasin $1149

Killington's season pass (unlimited) is $1349... at least you guys get pow days even during bad years.  imagine shelling out $1349 to ride ice... yeah
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 10:09am
Ahahahahah I just got to read the rest of your downward spiral from the big leagues of mopping. Man they should make a movie about you.. a washed up adult theatre mopper..
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 10:26am
Wow sounds like it pays pretty well.. maybe I should give up looking for an office job and look towards mopping, who knew it was so promising!
half sarcastic half serious.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 10:29am
I'm tired of the moments where you missed the opportunity to say something and after the moment has passed then the thought crosses your mind but it's too late to say it by then.  
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 10:35am
Sprints Network. For months the service has been terrible in Chicago because of all the upgrades they're doing on the 4g lte towers. After having my Evo Lte for 4 months now, last night was first time 4g popped up on my phone, but that was by work. Got home and noticed 4g was gone.  I read 80% of the network should be up. Go figure I live in the spot the network isn't upgraded yet. 
benjammin149 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 10:38am
Tell me about it... Mt. Hood Meadows is up to $89 this year! Getting to be a bit out of my reach...
whitetiger View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 1:02pm
I'm tired of the wind. Already had 3 different particles land in my eye.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 2:35pm
Im tired of the random Rain then Sun then Heavy Rain in the matter of 10 mins. I take out my umbrella, it stops. I put it away, RAIN!

Rain = 1
Me = 0
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I'm tired of the moments where you missed the opportunity to say something and after the moment has passed then the thought crosses your mind but it's too late to say it by then.
Why not say it anyway? Whenever that happens to me, I just lay it out cold and if somebody doesn't like it, then who gives a shit? Maybe it's just me, but I hate harbouring "what-if" thoughts, so I just do it to know for sure what did happen. Is it about a boy? Parents?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 78>