Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Points Before 2009-
    Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 11:40am
Hi there!

I'm embarrassed to say, but I've been a member since April 2008 and I JUST discovered the member point system Embarrassed  Great idea btw! Clap

When I checked my point stats tho, it says I only have 4 pts from Purchased Products, but if you look at my Order Stats, I have about $400 (40pts) worth starting from April 2008.

Do those 2008 orders count? Just wondering if I can get those points added in Smile

Thanks and keep up the great community!

Peace
Just4Qyx

rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 11:46am
no.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 11:47am
l ebelive before 10/1 point it was like it was like 100/3 points l know for a fact it was different before, but the ratio l'm not sure. but thats probably why.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 11:49am
The point system was revamped so I think the old points were void up to a certain time but the point to cash ratio now is much higher than before although I think they should raise it even more.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 11:55am
doh. Ouch

that's alot of points i lost then... Cry

so i guess they don't have a way of grandfathering in & converting the old orders into the new point system huh?

no worries i guess- since i wasn't even aware of the points anyway.  Figured i'd at least ask Smile

Thanks for the replies!

Peace
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 12:01pm
Well, you do get 2 points for daily log in now and more points for purchases.  You can also get a freebie like 70 points for filling out your profile page.
Wilz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:00pm
yeah with the current point system, i don't think 40 points is that much. Else, just buy something and u'll be all set =P
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:06pm
i need more points asap
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:08pm
There's no pt system...what are you talking about?
Did you google it?
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:21pm
I just noticed, you just won a Sierra Stunt from the giveaway on the 28th!  Lucky bastard.
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:30pm
don't feel too bad...i was a member for well over a year before i found out about the point system OR the daily giveaway!  Confused
be talkin to ya
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by scuddera

i need more points asap

You need to find a new site.
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I just noticed, you just won a Sierra Stunt from the giveaway on the 28th!  Lucky bastard.

You actually remembered I won from the 28th?! wow. Tongue

yeah, i couldn't believe my luck Shocked Only the 2nd time trying for it too.

I'm not a freestyle or park rider, so Donald was the MAN Star and swapped the stunt for a reverse crew instead Big smile.   I've been wanting to try a rocker to compare to my Custom '08.

Now I gotta decide whether to drop $$ on new bindings Confused
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Just4Qyx

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I'm not a freestyle or park rider, so Donald was the MAN Star and swapped the stunt for a reverse crew instead Big smile.   I've been wanting to try a rocker to compare to my Custom '08.

I'll decide for you...yes.  Actually, you'll drop $$$, not just $$.  For $$, you'll get used LTD bindings.
Did you google it?
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 1:59pm
l didnt know ts deleted older points from their old system either. l guess its good to know in the future. hopefully my sept purchase will bring me enough to the next level and get a free goggles
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 2:09pm

What, there are points?!?  Wink

MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 2:12pm
sorry points aren't retroactive... yer s.o.l. sorry hombre
MOAR powderz plz!
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by jenni

l didnt know ts deleted older points from their old system either. l guess its good to know in the future. hopefully my sept purchase will bring me enough to the next level and get a free goggles

There weren't "points" for anything before!

The points system when introduced(the downturn of the sierra community) inherited points from forum posts. Giveaways prior to that were fun and random in nature and didn't bring in 900% hussy traffic spikes at 3pm.

People USED to come here to spend money, enjoy the community and find great deals.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by rzero

The points system when introduced(the downturn of the sierra community) inherited points from forum posts. Giveaways prior to that were fun and random in nature and didn't bring in 900% hussy traffic spikes at 3pm.

People USED to come here to spend money, enjoy the community and find great deals.

I still enjoy the community somewhat or what's left of it...but mindless point zombies are not fun.

I dunno why I come here...I'm not spending money here nor do I find any great deals.  I guess TruSnow > work
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 7:44am

Ahh, thanks for the clarification @rzero.  has the community really gone as bad as you say?  I guess it's true that I haven't found as many "amazing" deals as I used to on SS, but I thought at least the community would have not changed as much...
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 8:37am
^ Nope community has gone down.  Tons of point zombies that post without reading.  You should take a look at my waxing thread and see how many people just post for points and not add any value to the community.

Updated weekly!
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 8:56am
Originally posted by hana24

I still enjoy the community somewhat or what's left of it...but mindless point zombies are not fun.

I dunno why I come here...I'm not spending money here nor do I find any great deals.  I guess TruSnow > work

you may not find any great deals on this site per say, but you sure do get referred to other ones that have sales going haha. l mainly use this site to pm other sites that are a bit less reputable. although soemtiems lt hink they delay the pm purposely so that they run out or the price gets readjusted
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 8:58am
^ I already know of other sites since I'm not buying from here...it must mean I'm buying elsewhere...

Updated weekly!
Marumm View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
caw

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 8:58am
I've noticed a lot more shrill '"don't post, use the search" posts which aren't exactly justified given the poor state of the search functionality.  As far as general demeanor, it does seem like things have gone a bit downhill since the changeover which can't be wholly blamed on points.  The Sierra people seemed a bit more invested in cultivating an engaged community, but I don't get the same vibe from the House.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Marumm

I've noticed a lot more shrill '"don't post, use the search" posts which aren't exactly justified given the poor state of the search functionality.  As far as general demeanor, it does seem like things have gone a bit downhill since the changeover which can't be wholly blamed on points.  The Sierra people seemed a bit more invested in cultivating an engaged community, but I don't get the same vibe from the House.

Come on...most of these ppl are told to search when the damn topic is on the first page and there are multiples of it.  They're told to search when a. the topic has been posted in like an hour before and b. when the same damn topic pops up 3 or 4 times a day.

Like what music do you listen to?  what car do you drive? what wax do you use? 

Updated weekly!
ma3lstrom13 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 9:17am

Come on...most of these ppl are told to search when the damn topic is on the first page and there are multiples of it.  They're told to search when a. the topic has been posted in like an hour before and b. when the same damn topic pops up 3 or 4 times a day.

There is truth in that. A lot of those threads have been around for a long time. I think the most repeated threads should be put up as stickies. That way it won't get pushed back to the 5th or 6th page.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 9:43am
Originally posted by ma3lstrom13

There is truth in that. A lot of those threads have been around for a long time. I think the most repeated threads should be put up as stickies. That way it won't get pushed back to the 5th or 6th page.

Everybody should just bump or ttt their thread each day.

And to Marumm...I don't see people refer to use the search field.  shtook the search field.  It's shtooking broken.
Did you google it?
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 9:44am

^ Nope community has gone down.  Tons of point zombies that post without reading.  You should take a look at my waxing thread and see how many people just post for points and not add any value to the community.

well, the fix for that would be to better enforce the no spamming policy I read on the stickies that's also prominently displayed on the points homepage.  that would at least help the "point zombie" situation IMO.

From an e-commerce perspective, however, if TS play their cards right with the pure amount of traffic & page views they are getting (whether from pts or giveaways), they can potentially monetize those numbers so that they can organically grow as a business & afford better prices and deeper discounts in the future to increase their volume.

IOW, hopefully prices will improve as business improves, with the big caveat that they keep the community happy.  Community seems to be their business model right now, not competitive pricing.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 9:48am

well, the fix for that would be to better enforce the no spamming policy I read on the stickies that's also prominently displayed on the points homepage.  that would at least help the "point zombie" situation IMO.

From an e-commerce perspective, however, if TS play their cards right with the pure amount of traffic & page views they are getting (whether from pts or giveaways), they can potentially monetize those numbers so that they can organically grow as a business & afford better prices and deeper discounts in the future to increase their volume.

IOW, hopefully prices will improve as business improves, with the big caveat that they keep the community happy.  Community seems to be their business model right now, not competitive pricing.

Could you explain that?  How does that bring in profits?  Have you seen the number of members that are active each day?  And then the spike at 3pm?  Also, you must have not read the post about referrals to other sites.
Did you google it?
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 9:49am
oh, and now that TS has all these "point zombies" logging in and posting, if they adjust their point ratios to start better rewarding those that actually purchase something from the website, they can start picking up some business, especially during the winter season.
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 9:54am
Originally posted by RideTimeless

Could you explain that?  How does that bring in profits?  Have you seen the number of members that are active each day?  And then the spike at 3pm?  Also, you must have not read the post about referrals to other sites.

Most successful e-commerce sites live profitably on just 1-3% conversion.  So the idea is to first bring the traffic, then convert that traffic.  If the spike happens at the 3pm Giveaway, then take advantage of that time slot and monetize it.  Get some conversions, advertise promotions, etc.

I did read the post about referrals to other sites, but i'm not sure how that plays into helping TS? 
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 9:57am

Most successful e-commerce sites live profitably on just 1-3% conversion.  So the idea is to first bring the traffic, then convert that traffic.  If the spike happens at the 3pm Giveaway, then take advantage of that time slot and monetize it.  Get some conversions, advertise promotions, etc.

I did read the post about referrals to other sites, but i'm not sure how that plays into helping TS? 

It doesn't that's my pt.

oh, and now that TS has all these "point zombies" logging in and posting, if they adjust their point ratios to start better rewarding those that actually purchase something from the website, they can start picking up some business, especially during the winter season.

They are the ones that set up the point system...and it was "overhauled" shortly after the buyout.  So, if you have some suggestions, read this first then let the staff know of your opinion:
http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40206
Did you google it?
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 10:04am

It doesn't that's my pt.
[/QUOTE]

Well, my point is that it's obvious TS prices aren't as "competitive" as it used to be with SS.  So of course people will be finding deals elsewhere.  But they are doing a great job bringing people to the site, and for every 100 "zombies" they may get 1 "productive" community member and that's worth it.  So build the community, enforce spamming rules, etc.

My next point was that TS could start using their traffic wisely to start promotions and convert some sales, which will hopefully mean better pricing & discounts in the future. 
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 10:06am

Haha  nah, I went to check who has been winning on the giveaway page and was like hey I recognize that name!  LOL  That's sure lucky!
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 10:08am

They are the ones that set up the point system...and it was "overhauled" shortly after the buyout.  So, if you have some suggestions, read this first then let the staff know of your opinion:

Nice, thanks for the link.  I agree, this thread has definitely gotten off topic, just a bit Tongue
So probably best to just read that massive thread and then write my opinion there.

Peace

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 10:37am

Nice, thanks for the link.  I agree, this thread has definitely gotten off topic, just a bit Tongue
So probably best to just read that massive thread and then write my opinion there.

Peace

bah!  We're all just here to just shtook around.  Keeps life light and fun...Carry on, happy friday!
Did you google it?
Wilz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2011 at 6:20pm
haha i think its more interesting this thread went off topic.

i can't see how much longer this thread can go just talking about points..

that's like all the other threads talking about which bindings to get. and you get about 200 pages of people saying 360, force, cartels. and not only that.. new threads of those keep coming up! and exactly the same suggestions again!

ah that's my whine on the "side" topic.

btw congrats on the board, i got a RC but i wanted a stunt, and didn't know you can op to change.. haha i just thought.. oh free board.. ok..
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Wilz

haha i think its more interesting this thread went off topic.

i can't see how much longer this thread can go just talking about points..

that's like all the other threads talking about which bindings to get. and you get about 200 pages of people saying 360, force, cartels. and not only that.. new threads of those keep coming up! and exactly the same suggestions again!

ah that's my whine on the "side" topic.

btw congrats on the board, i got a RC but i wanted a stunt, and didn't know you can op to change.. haha i just thought.. oh free board.. ok..

hehe, the exact opposite of me Tongue  Yeah, I wasn't sure I could swap either until I contacted Donald directly, and it's completely up to his sole discretion whether he will swap it or not, so it's definitely NOT a "sure-thing" Smile  Donald made me beg LOL but eventually he was cool about it and swapped it for me Big smile

Wilz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2011 at 2:15pm
good work. perhaps i should have contacted him aswell.

actually i've had good exp with donald. he renewed my free tshirt coupon after 1yr.. it was a long shot, but he did it no problems.. bit unfortunate that he's leaving TruSnow thou..
Just4Qyx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 6:20am
what? Donald is leaving? Shocked wow, I didn't know that.  Did he make some announcement or just word thru the vine? I wonder why he's leaving.

well, from the giveaway live stream Doug seems to be cool too.
Wilz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 2:14pm
haha yeah so is Beth..yeah doug announced it in the forum thread. link below. pretty much TruSnow is moving locations, and donald and beth decided not to join them.

http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46781

Post Reply Post Reply