Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 19>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fairlydecent View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Good times, mang.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fairlydecent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DUBSTEP!!!!
    Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 8:51pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5WxZNIpszs

Here you go, my friend. The filthiest dubstep I know of.
KidFlippy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote KidFlippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 5:14am
I am absolutely loving that We Own the Sky. So dirty. Here's another one I've grown kinda fond of. It's a little on the lighter side, but fun.

biz_NASTY View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote biz_NASTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 5:32am
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 6:00am
lets just settle this all now, skrillex isn't dubstep!

anyway another one from datsik, loving the big l sample too!

oh yeah and a SICK remix of an already awesome song..

jc610 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jc610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 6:22am
^^^SKRILLEX IS DEFINITELY DUBSTEP!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 6:25am
to the uneducated person it may seem so, but its just heavy electro, go listen to a few proper dubstep songs and you'll notice a massive difference. skrillex is the closest thing to dubstep without actually being dubstep
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 8:01am
Bassnectar.

/thread.
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BudAshes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 8:05am
Originally posted by woodyy05

to the uneducated person it may seem so, but its just heavy electro, go listen to a few proper dubstep songs and you'll notice a massive difference. skrillex is the closest thing to dubstep without actually being dubstep

I blame the public school system. 
KidFlippy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote KidFlippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 9:11am

Some of his stuff is dubstep (or at least a hybrid of it). Hell it even says so on his website. Pulled this little tidbit off his bio (bolded for emphasis): 

"Following its release on Beatport, the 9-song EP dominated the charts on the site, with the title track claiming the site's #1 slot (the first time a dubstep track has ever done so), 8 songs breaking into the top 10, and multiple tracks claiming the #1 slots on several of the site’s subgenre charts, including Dubstep, Electro House, Progressive House."

jc610 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jc610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 9:40am
SKRILLEX IS DUBSTEP!!! RAWRR!!!
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 9:44am
Originally posted by KidFlippy

Some of his stuff is dubstep (or at least a hybrid of it). Hell it even says so on his website. Pulled this little tidbit off his bio (bolded for emphasis): 

"Following its release on Beatport, the 9-song EP dominated the charts on the site, with the title track claiming the site's #1 slot (the first time a dubstep track has ever done so), 8 songs breaking into the top 10, and multiple tracks claiming the #1 slots on several of the site’s subgenre charts, including Dubstep, Electro House, Progressive House."

How about you just buy a metronome and add a bunch of digital filters to it...boom, dubstep!  LOLWinkLOL
letterandnumber View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote letterandnumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 9:55am
Skrillex is trendy dubstep. It will be cool to not like Skrillex soon enough.
KidFlippy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote KidFlippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by caswellmax

this is a great site good new music

http://www.jollygoodjams.com/
I missed this link earlier and I am so glad I went back and reread this forum because I love it. It is great for finding new stuff and I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Chris Webby will be the next big time white rapper. That dude has some talent.
beunknown View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote beunknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 12:34pm
Borgore is pretty amazing. Not sure if they are technical dubstep? They are pretty sick though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5WxZNIpszs&feature=autofb
Magnus_NZ View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Magnus_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 12:35pm
Mt Eden, Skrillex, Bassnector, Nero, Zeds Dead, Skism, Doctor P, Jakwob, Rusko, Chase and Status, Chasing Shadows, Bar9, Flux Pavillion, Sub Focas, Tek-one, Skream, Benga, Excision, Datsik, Doorly, Caspa, Cragga ad Pendulum, that should get you started
steezmastaflex View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote steezmastaflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 12:40pm
if you look up UFK dubstep on youtube they got a ton of wicked sick stuff on there.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
New 2012 setup for outerwear

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2011 at 2:51pm
im getting some really good songs. and i agree that skrillex isnt dubstep. its really close though
11 Dc lauri pro tone, 11 Rome s90 bindings

Check out www.wonsnow.com
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 11:50am
BUMP!!! lets keep this thread going

luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 12:03pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qIKLLE7Nkk
2 best things in life snowboarding at granite peak and DUBSTEP!!!!!!!!!!!

bonkfisher5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Stepchild Chi Borg

Quote bonkfisher5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by luv2shred

Why?

No offence but its kind of pointless.
After all you are on a snowboarding forum, did you expect it to be successful?
Crushing the whistler bike park! Check it out! http://www.pinkbike.com/video/215809/
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 12:18pm
Noo i just wanted some songs

beunknown View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote beunknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2011 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by bonkfisher5

Why?

No offence but its kind of pointless.
After all you are on a snowboarding forum, did you expect it to be successful?

Lol there is so much unrelated to snowboarding on the forums. Maybe because people who are interested in dubstep want to expand their horizons and find more band that maybe haven't made it big yet?
Anyone on here make dubstep? Write now I a trying to make a dubstep song out of the sounds a car makes. It has proven to be extremely fun but really hard!
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Magnus_NZ

Mt Eden, Skrillex, Bassnector, Nero, Zeds Dead, Skism, Doctor P, Jakwob, Rusko, Chase and Status, Chasing Shadows, Bar9, Flux Pavillion, Sub Focas, Tek-one, Skream, Benga, Excision, Datsik, Doorly, Caspa, Cragga ad Pendulum, that should get you started

have you heard tek-one's remix of sleep with one i open by bring me the horizon? pretty crazy stuff

luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 5:35am
i dont like screamo so why bother listen to the song. just saying

MtMansfield View Drop Down
Local
Local
up at holiday valley

Quote MtMansfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 5:10pm

I don't understand this post... you dont like screamo, so why bother listen to the song.. just saying?? I'm confused do explain
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by MtMansfield

I don't understand this post... you dont like screamo, so why bother listen to the song.. just saying?? I'm confused do explain

haha yeah, i'll second that!
KidFlippy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote KidFlippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 6:37am

Originally posted by MtMansfield

haha yeah, i'll second that!
Dude, you might not like screamo, but if you like dubstep you should definitely listen to that song. It is so dirty.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 3:58pm
okk i will.

luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 4:08pm
diggin it but i wish their was none of the lyrics

ABrad25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Play hard or look good

Quote ABrad25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 4:14pm
I love dup step its one of the things i listen to when i ride 

woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 5:18pm
Haha luv2shred. I knew you'd like it when you heard it. It's so damn filthy. Definitely agree with you about the lyrics though. But the sample bit before it drops like 2.40ish is so sick
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 5:36pm
what happened to listening good music?  people still make it, you know.

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 5:40pm
i have about half as many brain cells and will to live compared to before i looked in this thread and listened to the links.
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 5:45pm
blue foundation eyes on fire (Zeds Dead Remix)
is a good one
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by spenser

what happened to listening good music?  people still make it, you know.

you need to embrace the bass.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 6:24pm
its just a different taste i guess. i personally enjoy the music Spenser puts on his boarding videos. i figure he'd be more apt to listening songs on this list: http://www.fm949sd.com/chill/Story.aspx?ID=1062450

funny enough though cause massive attack is mentioned earlier and they play it a lot on big sonic chill. granted its not remixed.

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 6:30pm
yeah, to each his own, and i don't actually care.  but dubstep in general is pretty much the only genre i don't get.  i don't like my fair share of music but i get that other people do.  but dub?  let's just say i literally could not think of a single person i personally know who is into dubstep where it has nothing to do with drugs, or at least being a big partier.

i just can't wait for the dub trend to die is all.  but to be fair, it has a stigma to it for me because i hate all these little piece of shit kids here who try to act "hard" and do the whole big truck party time girls-are-objects drugsnalchohol douche routine.  and they do it all to dubstep.
milkwhips View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Skirmish Paintball-Invasion of Normandy

Quote milkwhips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 6:33pm
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 6:35pm
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2011 at 7:39pm

wow, holding a fair bit of hate there spenser!

but no, in all seriousness i can kinda see where you're coming from. there's plenty of people i know out there that are exactly like you described.

i personally just like some of the tunes these guys can do on the cdj's and mixers, its pretty awesome being in a room with a sub and letting it reverberate around the whole room, but each to his own i guess.

and i actually fall into that category of people that like it and don't do drugs.. atleast not in the way you're describing it though, but now you know of someone
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2011 at 4:24pm
hahahah me to. i dont fall in that category. i just like it because its sick.

Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2011 at 7:45pm
don't know how to place an audio here! but that's something I did. BE NICE! Wink

http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=301043&T=341
PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME… THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! -------- GEAR: Palmer Timeless 164, Nitro Haze 156, Burton T6 164, Ride Machete 161W (LE), Burton P1.1, Burton C60, Union Force SL, K2 DB T1 (boots)
bonkfisher5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Stepchild Chi Borg

Quote bonkfisher5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2011 at 8:00pm
I still have yet to get sick of skrillex

Try: I am skrillex- Skrillex
Crushing the whistler bike park! Check it out! http://www.pinkbike.com/video/215809/
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2011 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Dice

don't know how to place an audio here! but that's something I did. BE NICE!

you should have a look at a website called soundcloud - http://soundcloud.com

heaps of sick artists are up there and it's super easy for people to listen to your mixes.. that website you posted needed all these plugins and stuff

and another few songs for you skrillex fans -
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 2:45pm
yea ive heard cinema a while ago by him. its not that new. but i listen to it everytime i come on here or do my homework.

EMHM00 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote EMHM00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 3:07pm

Oh my gawd this is frickin gold dude. Dub is the dreggs of the sewage of music.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 3:31pm
^^^^ what are you talking about.

Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 3:33pm

i have about half as many brain cells and will to live compared to before i looked in this thread and listened to the links.

I know it means nothing in the grand scheme of anything, but reading a couple of your posts in this thread has given you some more street cred in my book.  Pretty funny.  And that video that EMH just quoted was effin' hilarious. Clap
http://thench.com/garage/
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 3:48pm
ha agree.

RensNL View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote RensNL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 4:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>