1 Staff | 11 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 391,770 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2011/2012 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 82>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2011/2012 Season!
    Posted: Apr/12/2011 at 12:09pm

I'm already jonesin' for some FB!  Dang baseball season makes me long for it that much more.  We can only HOPE this whole dispute gets settled before the season draws near.

mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2011 at 12:10pm
True. Tebow might turn out to be the best QB ever. Only time will tell. You never know.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2011 at 12:24pm
I was talking more about trading away a 1st round pick for a CB he could have gotten in the second round anyways and then trading the dude away 2 years later, trading Peyton Hillis for basically nothing, picking Slowshown Moreno instead of getting Orakpo, the list goes ON AND ON AND ON.  God I hate that man.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2011 at 11:18pm
A few things that will always disappoint a fan regarding the draft:

The Raiders will select the least talented in the 1st Rnd.
Det will always take a WR
Buffalo will always take a RB
and

Denver will leave you scratching your head.
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 1:20am
I saw that ting on how Tom Brady was drafted in like the sixth round the other day. That is just crazy and I really doubt that that kind of thing will happen again.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 2:20am
Tom Brady, Class of 1999, University of Michigan (otherwise known as Quarterback U)

Brady was selected with pick #199, a compensatory pick, in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft. According to Michael Holley's book Patriot Reign, the Patriots were considering Brady and Tim Rattay, both of whom had received positive reviews from then-quarterbacks coach Dick Rehbein. Ultimately, the Patriots front office chose Brady. 
Jaybez View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 10:49am
When is the judge supposed to make a ruling on the CB agreement? Has there been any update with substance lately?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 10:57am
Brady has been the product of opportunity and good coaching.  I'm sure there have been a few guys that rode the pine behind a subpar QB who could have been stars had they been given the opportunity.  We'll never know.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 11:32am

randy moss to the jets!? what!?

KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 7:56am
I read that the other day. I think Jets are going to take the super bowl this year. I rather see Moss go back to Patriots. 
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 9:02am

It's tough to get excited about a season that might not happen.

Jaybez View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 9:04am
Moss is starting to get old. I don't think the patriots would take him back, even for a bargain.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Jaybez

Moss is starting to get old. I don't think the patriots would take him back, even for a bargain.

Moss HAS BEEN old..he's not just getting old. The Patriots dumped him at just the right time.
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Moss HAS BEEN old..he's not just getting old. The Patriots dumped him at just the right time.

I agree, when moss was in his prime, very few can actually stop him. I 'm pretty sure he still got a few good catches in him but he just seems to lack the motivation. 

NewCastle4 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 12:08pm
Hopefully the lions will finally do well this year. At the end of last season things were looking good
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Yea they did that just about perfectly, and he still wants to come back and join them. I think that's about the only team he could have an impact with, he's still a freak of nature, that TD catch on Revis was unreal.
Hittnthebz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 9:13pm
I'm ready....can't wait to get slaughtered in Fantsy again this year.LOL
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 11:20pm
Just watched the ESPN Draft Day Special it there is a lot of talent in this draft; however, only 10 picks or so look to be very impressive.
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2011 at 1:56am
Colts did ok last year but I hope they can win it all or lose to the Eagles. Yeah Right. But Payton Manning is in my opinion the best QB ever. Maybe Brett Favre was better.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2011 at 8:00am
One week until round 1.  With no agreement in sight I don't think there will be near as many trades as usually this year.
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2011 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

One week until round 1.  With no agreement in sight I don't think there will be near as many trades as usually this year.

They can only trade draft picks this year, normally your right they do trade a lot but not this year...
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2011 at 5:19pm
Moss going to the jets... Guess I need to start watching espn more again. I am so out of the loop, now that it is all baseball and basketball, two sports I could give a crap about.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2011 at 1:54am
can't wait for the draft.....been looking at projections and a few sites....the first round may be the hardest to predict in years....from picks 11 on it's anyones guess what a team will take.
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2011 at 8:24am
I can't wait for fantasy football, but I'm not optimistic that there will even be a season.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2011 at 8:02am
Judge lifted the lockout...looks like football will be played on time...unless the greedy owners win the appeal...
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2011 at 9:01am

Hopefully they will come out today and uphold the ruling and trades with players can start happening before the draft.  We could really use another 2nd rounder for Orton.

Spenser W. View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2011 at 9:03am
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2011 at 9:05am

Hopefully they will come out today and uphold the ruling and trades with players can start happening before the draft.  We could really use another 2nd rounder for Orton.

So you think Tebow is the starter?  The 49ers could probably use Orton over lame-o Alex.
IAFFbuckeye View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2011 at 9:40am
What do you guys think of Cam Newtons chances of making in the NFL. For some reason I think he will be a huge bust like Jamarcus Russell was. Newton came from a really simple system at Auburn and I think he will thrown to the wolves when he has to try and read and NFL secondary.
Common sense is not that common
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2011 at 10:29am
Originally posted by CO_champagne

So you think Tebow is the starter?  The 49ers could probably use Orton over lame-o Alex.

Orton is good but he will never be a franchise guy.  They might as well play Tebow and figure out if he has the ability to be an NFL QB, so we know this time next year if we need to get another QB or not, instead of still wondering if Tebow will do something.

As for Cam, I think he will be servicable, but I don't see him taking a team to the SB.  However, if he really dedicates himself and WANTS to be the top QB in the league the sky is the limit with his atheletic ability.
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2011 at 11:25am

Glad the Niners finally got smart and bagged an awesome pass rusher instead of another QB that needs to spend time jiving with the rest of the offense!

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 4:54am
So, anyone else getting the feeling we are getting a shortened season at the minimum?  I swear the owners and players are both idiots.  If they let the courts decide this thing we could see a league like baseball where you can buy the best team, and some teams will pay half the league minimum to save cash.  If that happens I'm done being a football fan.  The best part about the NFL is for the most part, in any given year a team that was terrible the season before can become a contender.
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 5:07am
packers are ready to get down and make it rain all over again. aaron rogers improves every year and will be golden provided he doesnt land anymore concussions
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 5:19am

So, anyone else getting the feeling we are getting a shortened season at the minimum?  I swear the owners and players are both idiots.  If they let the courts decide this thing we could see a league like baseball where you can buy the best team, and some teams will pay half the league minimum to save cash.  If that happens I'm done being a football fan.  The best part about the NFL is for the most part, in any given year a team that was terrible the season before can become a contender.
Dude, no worries. You need to forget the NFL and watch college football. The salaries are way lower. The best players only make around 180k a year.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 5:21am
Originally posted by mrrorydigital

Dude, no worries. You need to forget the NFL and watch college football. The salaries are way lower. The best players only make around 180k a year.

LOL I love this comment! LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 5:37am
Yeah I know. I'm an Auburn guy and I have a sense of humor about it. The weather is already too damn hot. I'm ready for the fall and football season. Plus the Braves are sucking which makes the summer even worse.
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 10:04am
why i hear nfl season might only be 8 games
WOOHOO
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 10:30am
What's the deal about the secondary draft?  Maybe Prior should go for it because there is absolutely no point to stay at Ohio State anymore.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 11:37am
Originally posted by woohoo123

why i hear nfl season might only be 8 games
Because everything's getting delayed fromt he lock out....
8 games is retarded.....but worse comes to worse, I'll take 8 games over none.....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 11:47am

What's the deal about the secondary draft?  Maybe Prior should go for it because there is absolutely no point to stay at Ohio State anymore.

But who would draft him?  I'm sure some team will draft him although he hasn't demonstrated NFL-caliber skills.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 11:59am

There is a supplimentary draft every year, you just don't hear about it very often.

Also, the draft position you take someone is the position you give up in next years draft I believe.  So if the Broncos draft someone in the 5th round of the supplimentary draft they lose next year's 5th.  There could be other weird rules with it but I'm pretty sure that is the jist of it.
JandJBlks2k View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 12:17pm
possibly only 8 games next year? that might be good for my team! so most likely that will be 6 games alone inside the division and just 2 outside..THIS MIGHT BE THE YEAR for the 49ers! yay! i'm sure millions of aspiring teams think this way.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 12:30pm
If it goes to 8 games I will not buy a single piece of NFL merchandise the entire season.  I'm not going to say I wont watch a game or two here and there, but I definitely won't be into it like normal.  I have already boycotted NFL.com.  I know it's a small thing to do but there are other sites that have the information I need and it's my way of showing them I don't support their greed.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 1:15pm
An 8 game season is silly, you lose all significant comparisons for stats against all-time totals, and you get a champion that will always have an asterisk by it's name.  The NFL regular season is probably the most important and significant out of any pro sports too, so it'd suck to only have 8 games, and fantasy football would take a big hit.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 3:48pm
8 games is still better than zero games.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 1:19am
Pryor in the supplemental draft....probably a 4th or 5th round pick for someone.  Sorry, but this is Jesuckus Russel the II.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 2:59am
^ I couldn't agree with you more, if a team takes Pryor they are essentially throwing away a draft pick.  Pryor wasn't even a good college QB, why would anyone think he can be a NFL QB?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 6:27am
Man, the more I think about an 8 game season the more I get pissed.  How many teams have started out super strong only to fade at the end?  I can think of one right off the top of my head with a 6-0 start and a 2-8 finish only 2 years ago.  An 8 game season would be sham, plain and simple.
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 7:08am
Im not even a hard core pro football fan, I prefer college way more. but this 8 game season is nonsense. I guess I kinda understand what there doing but the question is why now.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 7:13am
Originally posted by scuddera

Im not even a hard core pro football fan, I prefer college way more. but this 8 game season is nonsense. I guess I kinda understand what there doing but the question is why now.

Exactly, the "why" is about money. 

Is any fan really going to be THAT excited your team won an 8 game season??? I know I wouldn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 82>