0 Staff | 6 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 391,797 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2011/2012 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 82>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2011/2012 Season!
    Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 9:49am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ I couldn't agree with you more, if a team takes Pryor they are essentially throwing away a draft pick.  Pryor wasn't even a good college QB, why would anyone think he can be a NFL QB?

He doesn't have to be a QB, he's still a pretty damn good athlete that knows how to play football, but like all the other "Slash" QBs it's a risk to hope he'll be your franchise QB someday.

It's going to be interesting though, because now with Vick/Vince Young/Cam Newton/Tebow and possibly Pryor, there's a good amount of QBs who aren't your typical pocket passers in the NFL. If somebody figures out how to make a good option-type offense work in the NFL it could be interesting.
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by broys

Originally posted by ctoma

^ I couldn't agree with you more, if a team takes Pryor they are essentially throwing away a draft pick.  Pryor wasn't even a good college QB, why would anyone think he can be a NFL QB?

He doesn't have to be a QB, he's still a pretty damn good athlete that knows how to play football, but like all the other "Slash" QBs it's a risk to hope he'll be your franchise QB someday.

It's going to be interesting though, because now with Vick/Vince Young/Cam Newton/Tebow and possibly Pryor, there's a good amount of QBs who aren't your typical pocket passers in the NFL. If somebody figures out how to make a good option-type offense work in the NFL it could be interesting.

conversely, think about how many college stars turned to be duds as QBs in the NFL.  matt leinert ring a bell?  or just ask any niners fan about their stance on QBs  Wink
be talkin to ya
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 11:48pm
Pryor will be a bust....but on another note, I can;t wait to see my Bucs' new D-Line of Bowers, Price, Claiborne and McCoy
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2011 at 3:10am
I don't see Prior as a QB at the next level.  An average WR at best.  Newton has a shot, but I think his upside will ber very similar to Michael Vick's.

On the 49ers front, I still have no idea what is going on with their QB position.  Alex Smith is running practices, and yet is a free agent.  Jim Harbaugh gave him a playbook and Crabtree is already running his mouth.

Another great year for football by the bay Confused
-zakk

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2011 at 3:21am
Originally posted by STRICK-9

Pryor will be a bust....but on another note, I can;t wait to see my Bucs' new D-Line of Bowers, Price, Claiborne and McCoy

Nice D-Line.  

I can't wait to see the Lions D-Line of Suh, Vanden Bosch, Fairley and Avril.  There's a lot of anger and intensity in that group.  Some QBs are gonna get crushed!
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2011 at 4:26am
I can't handle an entire season without football, so if it gets bad enough where we have to live with an 8-game season, I'm fine with it.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2011 at 4:45am

Totally agree.  The Bucs are my NFC team and I am very happy with how they have built up this squad the last few seasons.  Freeman definitely seems like the real thing too so that helps.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Weymaro View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2011 at 2:40pm
is there going to be a season next year? oh well, go broncos!
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2011 at 3:11pm
I think Pryor has been pretty much a bust where he is at. He has some good plays, mostly running the ball. He will not make a good NFL QB. All that hype and controversy, he wont do well.
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2011 at 6:32am
Has there been any progress on this years football season? Haven't heard anything about the NFL in a long time.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 9:13am
Sounds like there has been some progress at the owners talks today.  Apparently there is going to be a major announcement around 4PM today.  I think the world will all hear a major POP as the people in charge finally pull their heads out of their asses and get a deal done.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 9:28am

Proposed CBA Details

Details of a proposed collective bargaining agreement being pitched to NFL owners Tuesday, according to sources:

• Players get 48 percent of "all revenue," without extra $1-billion-plus off top that previously had been requested by owners.

• Players' share will never dip below 46.5 percent, under new formula being negotiated.

• Teams required to spend minimum 90-93 percent of the salary cap.

• Rookie wage scale part of deal but still being "tweaked."

• 18-game regular season designated only as negotiable item and at no point is mandated in deal.

• New 16-game Thursday night TV package beginning in 2012.

• Owners still will get some expense credits that will allow funding for new stadiums.

• Retirees to benefit from improved health care, pension benefits as revenue projected to double to $18 million by 2016.

-- ESPN's Chris Mortensen

Originally posted by ESPN.com

Among the details NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is revealing to owners Tuesday at the owners' meeting in Rosemont, Ill., is that in the next proposed agreement players will receive a 48 percent share of "all revenue," without the $1-billion-plus credit off the top that had been a point of contention in earlier negotiations, according to sources familiar with the presentation.

Under the new formula being negotiated, players will receive 48 percent of all revenue and will never dip below a 46.5 percent take of the money, sources said. 

In the previous collective bargaining agreement, players received approximately 60 percent of "total revenue" but that did not include $1 billion that was designated as an expense credit off the top of the $9 billion revenue model. Owners initially were seeking another $1 billion in credit only to reduce that amount substantially before exercising the lockout on March 13.

Ultimately, the two sides have decided to simplify the formula, which will eliminate some tedious accounting audits of the credit the players have allowed in the previous deal. NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith has stated that players were actually receiving around 53 percent of all revenues instead of the much advertised 60 percent.

Owners still will get some expense credits that will allow funding for new stadium construction, sources said.

A rookie wage scale will be part of the new deal but is still being "tweaked," and the much-discussed 18-game regular season will be designated only as a negotiable item with the players and at no point is mandated in a potential agreement. A new 16-game Thursday night TV package beginning in 2012 will be the source of new revenue.

As revenues are projected to possibly double by 2016 to $18 billion annually, retired players will benefit from improved health and pension funding that is expected to increase significantly.

Players believe they can justify a 48 percent take because of the projected revenue growth, as well as built-in mechanisms that require teams to spend a minimum of 90-93 percent of the salary cap, sources said. The mandatory minimum spending increase is an element that concerns lower-revenue clubs, sources say.

A league source told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that there will not be a vote on a new collective bargaining agreement Tuesday.

"This is strictly informational. There is nothing to vote on," the source told ESPN.

The negotiating teams for the owners and players, led by Goodell and Smith, are expected to return to the table most likely Wednesday and Thursday at an undisclosed site, hoping to build off the momentum of three strong weeks of talks under the supervision of a court-appointed mediator, U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan.

A source told ESPN.com's John Clayton that talks are scheduled to resume Wednesday in Boston.

Cautious expectations on the two sides reaching an agreement in principle are varied, ranging from one-to-three weeks with the hopes of beginning a new league year (free agency, etc.) by mid-July.

If and when there an agreement is reached, all players with four or more years of experience are expected to be unrestricted free agents, according to sources familiar with the talks. Certain tags will be retained but that still is being discussed.

Players are willing to commit to at least a 10-year labor agreement if the sides can agree on the terms, sources told Clayton. The first preseason game, at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, is scheduled for Aug. 7.

Any breakdown in talks could result in the loss of preseason games and threaten the opening of the regular season.

"This is the season to get a deal," Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said before entering the conference room where representatives from all 32 teams were being updated by Goodell and his negotiating committee. "I think the logic that you're pushing on both sides is saying why get a deal Oct. 1, or whenever, when you could have had July 7, or whatever."

Tuesday marks Day 98 of the lockout, the NFL's first work stoppage since 1987 and the longest in NFL history.

diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 9:30am

Can't wait for this deal to get done, I need free agency to fill a void in me thats been missing for far to long. My prediction is 28-29th is D-Day.

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 9:37am
All I know is those 16 Thurs night games are really going to piss off Fantasy Football owners, especially later in the season when guys are questionable LOL
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 10:08am
i like thursday night games, gives fantasy football that x factor
WOOHOO
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 10:42am
I hope they settle this shiet soon so we get a full 16 game season....
Gonna be mentally challenged if the season only has 8 games....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 11:36am
looks like they got this agreement worked out..I need my fantasy
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 10:09pm
i just wish the niners would drop alex smith D;
talented group if not for him...

otherwise, not hyped up about it yet, i'll need to see the draft first
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 10:56pm
Well, I still think they need a rookie wage scale...which will push the salary floor more to vets.  That way guys like JeMarcus Russell and probably Cam "I'm the Greatest" Newton can't ruin franchises for years.
watching-sunset View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 12:36am
Who will go to Euro Championship on 2012 to Poland-Ukraine))
Push hard and you'll reach the top
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 3:24am
Originally posted by jstgermain

looks like they got this agreement worked out..I need my fantasy
Thumbs Up
Not sure what I would do without my fantasy football.....hahaha
My friends and I are like the guys from "The League"
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 4:56am

Well, I still think they need a rookie wage scale...which will push the salary floor more to vets.  That way guys like JeMarcus Russell and probably Cam "I'm the Greatest" Newton can't ruin franchises for years.

It's definitely part of the agreement.  They realize paying guys that much money is a recipe for disaster.  The thing most people don't realize could change a bunch of teams is the 4 year unrestricted thing for free agents.  Once the agreement go in you are going to see a TON of movement this year.  Teams will look totally different by the start of the season.
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 11:35am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

It's definitely part of the agreement.  They realize paying guys that much money is a recipe for disaster.  The thing most people don't realize could change a bunch of teams is the 4 year unrestricted thing for free agents.  Once the agreement go in you are going to see a TON of movement this year.  Teams will look totally different by the start of the season.
love how they get paid the big bucks when they have never proved themselves out on the pro floor....all speculation and when they bust guess who pays the bills?
DharmaBum View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 11:49am
the only justification I can see for them getting paid as much as they do is the potential for life changing or ending injuries and the inability of them to get health insurance + the cost of health care.
get your fix @ www.Actionsportstoday.com
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 3:15pm
Pryor grew up about 25 miles away from me, so it would be cool to see him do well.  I dont think he will though.  He should of went to Penn State.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 1:44am
Really like the thought of 16 Thursday Night games...I personally love watching football on Thursday Nights and don't care one bit how it impacts fantasy football.  Heck, my teams are set right before the start of every game anyway.  That is why you are called an owner/manager.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 4:43am

Really like the thought of 16 Thursday Night games...I personally love watching football on Thursday Nights and don't care one bit how it impacts fantasy football.  Heck, my teams are set right before the start of every game anyway.  That is why you are called an owner/manager.

I do like the Thurs games too, except when my team is playing a tough opponent coming off another really tough opponent.  You can really tell some of the guys are still feeling that Sunday game Thursday.
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 6:43am
I really dislike the Thursday night games! Football is Sunday and one game on Monday. That is IT! I have the NFL network so I am not missing the game, just doesnt have the excitement of a sunday or monday game.
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 7:06am
Im ready to see rogers get in and F*** some s*** again this year. I wasnt really a pro football fan but the run to the super bowl was epic

1 more thing

Bears still suck
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Commissar

I really dislike the Thursday night games! Football is Sunday and one game on Monday. That is IT! I have the NFL network so I am not missing the game, just doesnt have the excitement of a sunday or monday game.

I think the advantage is most people get to see a game they normally wouldn't during the week.  There are only what, 6 games shown each week out of the 12-16 games that are played?  This gives people an opportunity to see a game they may really be interested in which wouldn't normally be broadcasted during the 11/2Pm time slots that are on Sunday afternoon.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 8:08am

I do like the Thurs games too, except when my team is playing a tough opponent coming off another really tough opponent.  You can really tell some of the guys are still feeling that Sunday game Thursday.

I don't really like Thurs games for a couple reasons. First, I don't have NFL Network so I can't watch the game. Second, like you said it changes the game week routine, and can significantly give one team an advantage because of the short week. I like having most of the games Sunday, with the one special Monday night game.
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 10:38am
Originally posted by broys

I don't really like Thurs games for a couple reasons. First, I don't have NFL Network so I can't watch the game. Second, like you said it changes the game week routine, and can significantly give one team an advantage because of the short week. I like having most of the games Sunday, with the one special Monday night game.

this is true, but just having the thought of hitting up happy hour after work and watching a game that night is great.  sunday is the best for games, but having it spread out is great, more days to enjoy
WOOHOO
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 11:33am
I'm all for Thursday night games because it is another day with NFL football.  I do agree that it messes up the routine, though.  I don't really ever want my G-men playing on Thursday, I just like to watch other teams duke it out.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 11:48am

That's true, but it's great if we can have football 3 times a week....haha
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 1:10pm
I like thursday game because there are nothing else to watch. Rumors said they should reach an agreement within 3 weeks.
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by KellyBoy

I like thursday game because there are nothing else to watch. Rumors said they should reach an agreement within 3 weeks.

Where is that rumor coming from?  Something credible like ESPN or just something your buddy told you?
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 10:53pm
ya im not worried at all-they'll play a full season
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 2:13am
i think we only have a few more weeks before the lockout ends.
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 2:53am
Those guys are greedy
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2011 at 4:17am

I hope you're right, but I haven't been hearing that rumor at all.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2011 at 4:35am
Originally posted by carebear

Where is that rumor coming from?  Something credible like ESPN or just something your buddy told you?

It's actually been all over all the sites.  Basically once the judges said "If you leave the decision up to us, both sides are going to hate the results" the ownders and players got back to serious bargaining.  There is already a pretty good outline in place for some of the changes they want so now there is some fine tuning to do.  Honestly I think the owners were just seeing how the courts played out, and once they realized they wouldn't get all their demands handed to them they realized they could be losing out big time and got their asses to work.

Free Agency will be absolute madness if they make all 4 year players unrestricted free agents.  For those who don't realize how that works, before, even if a player had no contract at all, clubs would have to compensate the players previous team with draft picks if the player had under 6 years of service in the NFL.  Now, if the plan stays as proposed, if you have 4 years and no contract, you are totally free and clear to go to the highest bidder, and there are TONS of really good players that are in this boat right now.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2011 at 9:08pm
its actually been really nice having an offseason where espn is actually forced to talk about other sports instead of talking about meaningless crap that happens in a normal nfl offseason
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2011 at 4:01am
Welp, thank god for NFL network....hahaha
The list of TOP 100 players of 2011 they got on right now is pretty interesting...
Can't believe Rodgers is only rank 11...I thought he would be top 5 area...
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 10:37am
Looking like a deal is getting pretty close, "Should have the framework for a deal complete by end of Friday."- Adam Shefter  I can't wait for them to reach an agreement, we will have a solid 1-2 weeks of Free Agency directly followed by training camp. Smile
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 11:27am
^ Well, they need to make a deal before it goes backt o court cause the judge specifically said, if it comes back to the court, it's not gonna be pretty for both sides.....haha
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 12:35pm
WTF is this about Favre possibly coming back... Give it up old man, remember what happened to yourself last season. You are too old and fragile!

If he decides to come back it better be as a QB coach or similar, not a player!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Commissar

WTF is this about Favre possibly coming back... Give it up old man, remember what happened to yourself last season. You are too old and fragile!

If he decides to come back it better be as a QB coach or similar, not a player!

Nooooo, make it stop!!!!  If he holds another press conference so he can cry I am personally going to Gillooly his knee.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 12:56pm
I've been purposely ignoring this whole situation because it's ridiculous. But it looks like it'll be over soon. The sooner, the better. Do you think any of the players really missed OTAs and other team workouts? I'm sure they've been loving the time off.
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 1:11pm
does anyone think nhamdi is worth the price tag
WOOHOO
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by dking

I've been purposely ignoring this whole situation because it's ridiculous. But it looks like it'll be over soon. The sooner, the better. Do you think any of the players really missed OTAs and other team workouts? I'm sure they've been loving the time off.

Agreed, the lockout has only really hurt teams with new Head Coach's and the rookies. More than half of the rooks don't even have a playbook for there teams yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 82>