0 Staff | 11 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 393,099 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedWho's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2011/2012 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 79808182>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2011/2012 Season!
    Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

^Does he really already know the system?  A&M's head coach is bringing his college system to the NFL and it's going to work?  Unlikely.  His approach may be the same, but they're both going to have to learn a better system.

I haven't watch TAMU play in recent years, but decades ago, they ran a 3-back wishbone option offense. Since Miami likes to be on the forefront of new playing styles (aka Wildcat), maybe they'll bring the wishbone to the NFL? LOL
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Pretty crazy first round so far.

Tannehill's girlfriend is smoking hot.

Yea she's pretty cute, but damn those are some big feet.

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 10:26am
^ Skinny bony legs, too.  She needs a few cheezburgers.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 10:28am
As far as the niners drafting Jenkins, I don't know much about him. All I know is Trent Baalke's track record so far. He's been solid. Aldon Smith turned out to be a beast, jury is,still out on kaepernick, hunter and culliver played solid, etc.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 4:19pm
Why must the Lions take a WR every year. What a terrible draft pick.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 6:37pm
^- totally agree. when are they going to shore up that defense. You cant keep trying to play catch up with the score. At least get a RB if youre going to stack the offense. Best was shaky last year. at least they can eat up clock time and rest their defense that way.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 7:25pm
Lamichael James?! Oh heck yeah. Niners are gonna be sweet on Madden. In the nfl too.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by solocreep

As far as the niners drafting Jenkins, I don't know much about him. All I know is Trent Baalke's track record so far. He's been solid. Aldon Smith turned out to be a beast, jury is,still out on kaepernick, hunter and culliver played solid, etc.

news sources/sfgate says he was a decent pick for what we had...otherwise i'm content with the pick.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 6:24am
Rams taking a chance on Jenkins.  He is super talented, but looks like Pacman pt. 2.  Fisher can be a pretty tough coach, so it will be interesting to see if he can keep him in line.  
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 7:08am

Lamichael James?! Oh heck yeah. Niners are gonna be sweet on Madden. In the nfl too.

yea but how many running backs do you need? gore, jacobs, and james? You cant run the ball that much and still maintain balance. I thought they wouldve picked a guard up first.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by nautika96

^- totally agree. when are they going to shore up that defense. You cant keep trying to play catch up with the score. At least get a RB if youre going to stack the offense. Best was shaky last year. at least they can eat up clock time and rest their defense that way.

They still have LeShoure if he recovers from his injury from last year, but I completely agree on the D, their problem last year wasn't scoring points it was giving them up.

Niners going pure offense so far, LaMichael James is too small to really be Gore's successor but he could be a nice quick 3rd down back.
TheLuckster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 1:00pm
Redskins gave away way to many picks for RG3....
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by TheLuckster

They got tired of not having a franchise QB.  Honestly, I think they made the trade that they had to.  I think RG3 will be pretty good, and if they continue to build the team around him, can make the Redskins relevant again.

The Giants winning the SB gave all NFC East teams hope.  The Cowboys were one game from taking the conference spot over the Giants, the Eagles were real close too, and the Redskins beat the Giants both times.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 2:07pm
^^^ Yeah, I don't think Redskins gave up to many picks on RG3. Theluckster doesn't get that he is pretty much a #1 pick going at #2. And yes, they did need a solid QB which they could build around. So definitely the right move to try and land him.

Anyways, I'm liking who the Bears drafted for the most part. We're gonna be a beast of a team this upcoming season. I seriously can't wait!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 3:05pm
The bears were super solid last year even, until their RB went down. If he's back to 100%, it might very well take Detroit back out of the playoffs. Totally agree the Lions need some defensive players a lot more than offensive.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 4:15pm
Yeah, niners have a crowded backfield and a bunch of WRs. Only means players are gonna get cut.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 8:15pm
when is this draft stuff gonna end? i can understand watching and caring about the first round but come on people!!!!
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by broys

Originally posted by nautika96

They still have LeShoure if he recovers from his injury from last year, but I completely agree on the D, their problem last year wasn't scoring points it was giving them up.

Niners going pure offense so far, LaMichael James is too small to really be Gore's successor but he could be a nice quick 3rd down back.

doesn't matter how small someone is, just how much power they can generate to break away. something Gore was, and probably still is, dangerously underestimated for...if james has that thigh/knee/calf strength, he'll just run out there like a freaking hurricane and blow past the huddle
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2012 at 6:21am
size doesnt necessarily correlate to power. darren sproles is is 5'7" 195lbs. some say he's barely 5'6". but the guy can squat with the best of them. Gore is still the everything back, jacobs looks like the goal line (but he hasnt been his old self) and it looks like james will be a change of pace. but itll be tough to spread the carries. getting a lineman instead wouldve helped the run game as well and they coulve helped both the passing and run game.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2012 at 9:15am
Niners picked up faster players cuz alex smith has trouble sustaining drives. Jenkins and James are a scoring threat every time they have the ball. the offense was the weak link last year. arguably still is. But its has improved.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2012 at 1:42pm
A little confused by the Cousins pick by Washington.  I understand the need to have a quality backup, and I guess the thought is that they can try to develop him and flip him for a draft pick or two next year when they need to recoup some of what they gave up for RGIII.  But won't other teams know this and just lowball them?  Wait, why I am trying to make sense of anything the Skins do?
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2012 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Geez

A little confused by the Cousins pick by Washington.  I understand the need to have a quality backup, and I guess the thought is that they can try to develop him and flip him for a draft pick or two next year when they need to recoup some of what they gave up for RGIII.  But won't other teams know this and just lowball them?  Wait, why I am trying to make sense of anything the Skins do?

That's what I think. a lot of back ups end up starting for other teams. Cassell, Kolb, etc.
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2012 at 10:06pm

Niners picked up faster players cuz alex smith has trouble sustaining drives. Jenkins and James are a scoring threat every time they have the ball. the offense was the weak link last year. arguably still is. But its has improved.

he could toss it in the air and the niners have a PRETTY good shot at catching it...despite that, i'd rather they still play the tight ball-game...alex is clutch but im not sure if he's competent...yet. we'll see how it goes pre-season if he can consistently land a few good drives
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2012 at 4:18am
Originally posted by TheLuckster

I agree.  I think he's overhyped, but a lot of people are convinced that he's going to be great.  I guess only time will tell, but the Redskins are a perennial mess, so he has an uphill battle.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2012 at 7:18am

They picked up Cousins in the 4th round because he was ranked to have been picked up earlier. I remember at one time, he was thought to be a 1st round possibility. So, picking up a 1st rounder in the 4th round is a value pick. He'll never play for the Redskins because RG3 will get all the reps in practice (and he needs it as a rookie). Cousins will be traded before long for teams that still need a QB to develop.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2012 at 1:06pm
I thought cam newton was over rated cuz of the gimick offense he team in college but so far I've been wrong about him. I think rg3 is a better prospect but only time will tell.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2012 at 7:34pm
I understand the rationale, and Cousins was good value their, but they gave up so many picks for RGIII, you would think they could have moved that pick to recoup or at least pick some supporting cast.  Now they have two rookie QBs, and a lot of overpaid WRs.  Plus, assuming they do trade Cousins what can they get for a QB that never gets on the field? Kolb, Feeley, and Schaub all showed flashes when they got on the field before they got 2nd Round picks in return.  Seems like the Skins are just expecting Cousins will get a chance either through injury or RGIII struggles.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2012 at 9:24pm
Why does it feel like the chiefs never draft marquee, future star players?? Such a bummer
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2012 at 4:29am
Originally posted by timpiper

Why does it feel like the chiefs never draft marquee, future star players?? Such a bummer

Dwayne Bowe, Eric Berry, jamaal charles aren't stars???
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2012 at 5:49am

I don't want to speak for someone else, but he might mean that in the last 4-5 drafts they have used 1st round picks on DTs that have not panned out (well, Poe is not a bust... yet).  But Dorsey and Tyson Jackson have not done much.
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2012 at 5:53am

Not to mention Larry Johnson, Tony Gonzalez, Derrick Thomas and Christian Okoye.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2012 at 4:25pm
Matt Leinart your newest Raider. its a usc reunion. Pryor probably now the #3 QB.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2012 at 5:55pm

Matt Leinart your newest Raider. its a usc reunion. Pryor probably now the #3 QB.

Leinart was a cutie if I remember correctly.   Heart  Although I doubt even having him will save the Raiders.  Cry
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 6:16am
If any one watched blue mountain state, Leinart reminds me of the alex moran character. The talented back up qb, that just wants to party. Lol.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 7:05am
Vilma is out for the year Re: Bounty scandal.  We have been hearing his name prominently featured for the past few weeks, so it's not that surprising.  I am amazed that with the labor agreement last year, the players did not push for a different appeal system.  Not that I think Vilma or the other players should win an appeal, but if they disagree with the punishment handed down by Roger Goodell, they need to appeal to... Roger Goodell?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 7:22am

If any one watched blue mountain state, Leinart reminds me of the alex moran character. The talented back up qb, that just wants to party. Lol.

LOL I had never made the connection before but it totally makes sense! He's gotta fill his time doing SOMETHING whilst being ineligible for bowl games! haha
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 8:05am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

LOL I had never made the connection before but it totally makes sense! He's gotta fill his time doing SOMETHING whilst being ineligible for bowl games! haha

Not a bad idea tho. Hold a clipboard and collect millions? Why not?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Leinart was a cutie if I remember correctly.   Heart  Although I doubt even having him will save the Raiders.  Cry

umm..i don't think leinart can save ANY team. he's good enough to be a backup, and that's all he's good for. i'd still like to see pryor to get a chance to play more because i think he has more potential than leinart. but then, it's the raiders. what they do never make sense...
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 8:18am

Vilma is out for the year Re: Bounty scandal.  We have been hearing his name prominently featured for the past few weeks, so it's not that surprising.  I am amazed that with the labor agreement last year, the players did not push for a different appeal system.  Not that I think Vilma or the other players should win an appeal, but if they disagree with the punishment handed down by Roger Goodell, they need to appeal to... Roger Goodell?

And Vilma apparently found out about his suspension on SportsCenter. That's some good comissionering there Goodell. Another funny aspect is that the Super Bowl is being played in New Orleans this year while their franchise is reeling. 3 other guys got hit with 3-6 game suspensions as well. Hopefully that's the end of this whole bounty thing.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 10:08am
Holy crap, just read this online:

Twelve-time NFL Pro Bowl linebacker Junior Seau is dead, according to multiple reports.

Seau, 43, reportedly was found dead at his home in Oceanside, Calif.

San Diego television stations say police are investigating a shooting at the home.

Sources tell the North County Times in southern California that Seau was found by a housekeeper with a gunshot wound to the chest. Oceanside mayor Jim Wood learned of the death from police, the newspaper reported.

Seau played in the NFL from 1990-2009.

derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 10:13am
i read it a few min ago as well....

but it was his gf that found him with a shot to the head......

Originally posted by LATimes

Former USC and San Diego Chargers football star Junior Seau was found dead Wednesday by his girlfriend in the bedroom of his beachside home of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Few details were immediately available. TV footage showed police swarming the Oceanside home in North San Diego County and people comforting each other.

Oceanside police didn't have any immediate comment about what was happening at Seau's home but are expected to provide details soon.

Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 10:18am
the saints are just getting absolutely pounded- goodell is so hateable.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 10:30am

the saints are just getting absolutely pounded- goodell is so hateable.

They deserved it. I think it's only New Orleans fans who hate Goodell and think he has a vendetta against them lol, anyone else with half a brain can see why Goodell did what he did.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 10:57am
I'm reading another article post stating Junior Seau had a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his chest,such a great loss RIP Seau.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 11:08am
so many diff stories..found by girlfriend vs. found by housekeeper...shot in head vs. shot in chest...c'mon reporters...
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 11:51am
^^^ Seau story definitely sad, hate to hear that about a HOF'er.  And shot through the heart ????  Sounds like he made a sacrifice so his brain could get studied, though, I wonder if he left a note in that regard. 

-b
get bent
ghostsnstuff View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Not to mention Larry Johnson, Tony Gonzalez, Derrick Thomas and Christian Okoye.

Christian Okoye!  Someone's been playing Tecmo Superbowl on NES
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 2:32pm
Tecmo Bowl!!! I loved that game!!!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 4:01pm
It's really a shame about Seau.  He was a great player who obviously was dealing with some issues post-football career.  Very sad.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2012 at 4:04pm
Damn. Seau was one my favorite players when I was a kid. He and LT is the reason I played LB. RIP. Next time im in SD, ill be sure to eat at his restaurant again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 79808182>