Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Osama Bin Laden DEAD-
    Posted: May/02/2011 at 6:12am
Originally posted by irish-boarder

body dumped at sea?! sounds a bit mentally challenged

They dumped the body at sea because they didn't want to piss muslims off, because it is their tradition to bury the body within 24 hours.  They said they also didn't want the burial site to become a "shrine."

And to be honest, if it wasn't him, I'm sure he's gonna come out with a dated video in the near future.
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 6:15am
Small victory, but one none the less, still going to be an endless war against terrorism though, but a step forward at least!
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 6:20am
yeah l dont know kind of hard to take this away. he conviently died without us noticing while a normal president would be boasting about it long time ago.
Magulley View Drop Down
Local
Local
Nananananana!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 6:26am
I'm glad that old bastard got shot in the face. I think us taking him out face to face was much better than a drone hitting him with a hellfire. I hope he was sh!tting his pants as our boys kicked his door in.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure Obama just secured his second term.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 6:31am
Yeaah!
To your side note, I was also wondering how this would affect his chances at re-election.  It can only help things I would think.
bmorse View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 6:33am
Just glad he's gone. It's no over, but this is huge for America. Like everyone has already said, we just can't let our guard down.
Chef Pollo D View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 6:37am
Don't you think if this was a government ploy or faked that al Qaeda or even bin Laden himself will post a response video to refute the claims?  Why give Americans a boost in morale?  I'm speaking kind of early but we'll know if it's fake or not because something of this magnitude won't be kept quiet on either side.  If anything we should be more worried about retaliations.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Scorer099

Am i the only one that has a bit of skepticism in all of this? I am not a person who believes in conspiracy's by any means, but some of the details like "buried at sea" seem a bit odd so to speak. Also, to me the timing seems a bit... convenient, for Obama. He is taking credit for this and i'm not so sure he deserves it. It wouldn't be the first time the government has lied about something.

Now with all that said, if he really is dead that is great as it provides some closure for America and goes to show the USA will not back down.

lol. yes, this is a matter of convenience. the ol 'buried at sea' trick... they're really pulling one over on us all. are you stupid?  i mean, bc the gubbament has lied previously.. therefore, what exactly? jesus. 
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 7:01am
Originally posted by rye

yeah l dont know kind of hard to take this away. he conviently died without us noticing while a normal president would be boasting about it long time ago.
WTF are you talking about?

Died without us noticing?  ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX all pre-empted their programming to bring the news that he died earlier that day. 

How long ago did you want the president boasting about it, since the news was less than 24hrs old.  Did you want him to Tweet while the helicopters were in the air?

Oh yeah, what's the difference between a normal and abnormal president?

Get a clue...
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 7:01am
^It is not like they could parade him around the streets. Anything like that or discgrazing islamic death procedures would basically ignite the world. Al Queda would destroy pakistan if anything went wrong.

Burial at sea-understandable
We will see photos of the body.
I will believe that it is true unless there are future videos released from bin laden himself.

bigbouldersucks
Magulley View Drop Down
Local
Local
Nananananana!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 7:26am
I don't have cable or watch tv much. I didn't even have a clue what was going on until I started getting texts from guys I was in the Marines with. I scrambled around and luckily found the live feed of the speech on cnn.com

Conspiricists and skeptics can all go fuck off for all i care. I'm taking this as a win. My friends and I went through so much bullshit because of this asshole. I want to see photos of the body too. I'm glad he's crab food. ClapClapClapClap

Sorry didn't take the time to filter my thoughts. Let's see how the forum does it for me haha.

EDIT: I guess the profanity filter went down with Osama. Hopefully I didn't hurt anyone's feelings haha.

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 7:37am
^ Thank you for your service to the country.  I'm sure many Americans feel the same.

There was a former Army sniper on one of the talk radio stations this morning who was saying the Armed Forces did not dump the body at sea.  His reasoning is if they did dump bin Laden's body in the ocean some crazy terrorists would start searching for the body.  Regardless of the odds of actually finding the body the military cannot risk having the terrorists finding it.  He went on to say he doesn't think the military actually got rid of the body, it's a story to pacify the Muslims, although if the military did get rid of the body you better believe no one is going to find it.  Interesting stuff.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 8:31am
Originally posted by 360faceplant

Originally posted by rye

Died without us noticing?  ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX all pre-empted their programming to bring the news that he died earlier that day. 

How long ago did you want the president boasting about it, since the news was less than 24hrs old.  Did you want him to Tweet while the helicopters were in the air?

Get a clue...

why you flamming him for. it takes like few days to get the body back from there. and at least 24hr to confirm his identity so hes right. Their news came out just last night from the news channel which means they would have killed him days ahead at least already.

l think he means a normal president would be boasting already to build his rep for the election.. l think
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 8:35am
finally!  ... but I'm waiting for photos too!
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
Magulley View Drop Down
Local
Local
Nananananana!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 8:43am
Originally posted by winn

Originally posted by 360faceplant

Originally posted by rye

Get a clue...

why you flamming him for. it takes like few days to get the body back from there. and at least 24hr to confirm his identity so hes right. Their news came out just last night from the news channel which means they would have killed him days ahead at least already.

l think he means a normal president would be boasting already to build his rep for the election.. l think
I think you might want to reread the timeline of events. He was not killed days ago. He was killed on Sunday. They did not bring his body back to the states. He was identified on site by one of his wives and by using other means.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 8:44am
orly, my bad l thought they bought him back. so my coworkers said...
youngun92 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 8:57am
wheres the body though? i heard they gave him a sea burial. 
Magulley View Drop Down
Local
Local
Nananananana!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:11am
Originally posted by youngun92

wheres the body though? i heard they gave him a sea burial. 
You just answered your own question. If you were wondering they did it in the Arabian Sea.
Mummbles33 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:19am
I think Bin Laden death is going to weigh heavily for Obama's reelection.
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:29am
Originally posted by giftedhands

Am i the only one that has a bit of skepticism in all of this? I am not a person who believes in conspiracy's by any means, but some of the details like "buried at sea" seem a bit odd so to speak. Also, to me the timing seems a bit... convenient, for Obama. He is taking credit for this and i'm not so sure he deserves it. It wouldn't be the first time the government has lied about something.

Now with all that said, if he really is dead that is great as it provides some closure for America and goes to show the USA will not back down.

lol. yes, this is a matter of convenience. the ol 'buried at sea' trick... they're really pulling one over on us all. are you stupid?  i mean, bc the gubbament has lied previously.. therefore, what exactly? jesus. 

Nyle, go fuck* yourself. Why don't you actually provide your opinion for once and or refute my slight thought with some sort of logic.

Politicians and governments bend the truths all the damn time. Politicians skew and fabricate things all the time to spin things in their favor, it's a fact. I'm sorry, but i'm not fully buying the "we killed bin Laden and dumped his body at sea" story. IMO, if bin Laden was killed he would be brought back to the states asap.
Remember when Obama was "against the war" prior to being elected and he gained support from citizens. He then "Officially" ended the war, but left thousands upon thousands of troops over there, but still gained support from citizens. Now he wants to take credit for Osama's death and rally America in hopes of support for his re-election next year.
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
javabean View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:29am
not to sound unpatriotic, but did anyone else find it funny that people were rushing to the white house to rejoice
Marumm View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
caw

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:34am
Nobody said this was the end of Al Quaeda, or terrorism in general.  "Killing innocents" is a tactic, a concept, not a physical foe that can be defeated so long as political differences exist in this world.  Bin Laden getting whacked is a good thing and anyone who tries to spin this is an a-hole.  For years, this was the effing holy grail to conservatives and Republicans, but because it actually happened under a Democratic president, the accomplishment is getting minimized.

As far as retaliation is concerned: if Al Quaeda was motivated to attack something, they would do it regardless if Bin Laden was alive or dead.  "Lol don't kill Hitler, you'll piss off the Nazis" doesn't make a lot of sense, and neither does this.

Also lolling at the conspiracy theorists.  Some people are just prone to believe conspiracy, and no amount of proof is sufficient to satisfy them, long form or otherwise.  That's not to say that you should take everything the gubmint says at face value, but maybe reaching for fanciful explanations when simple ones exist isn't the best approach.
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:36am
I think its funny how obama took any credit for it, he had nothing to do with it.
Dsturs View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:37am
Where else should they have rushed? Those people were in dc, many were tourists. They couldn't go to the pentagon since it's not in a tourist friendly area. Seems like a logical choice to me.
bigbouldersucks
andrethegiant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:39am
cant wait for them to bomb washington so we die!
IAFFbuckeye View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:41am
I think the utmost respect and credit should go to the special forces detachments on this mission. They were the ones with boots on the ground and actually getting the job done. A big thank you goes out to all those guys under the umbrella of JSOC and what they have accomplished.
Common sense is not that common
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:42am
It's a good symbolic victory that we finally got him, but it doesn't justify the insane amount of money and lives we've spent in the Middle East.
andrethegiant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:47am
and they tested dna from his others killed using their brain tissues to connect them
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:49am
it will certainly rally all of the 'flag wavers' around him & increase his waning popularity.
Magulley View Drop Down
Local
Local
Nananananana!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 9:49am
Originally posted by krisshono

I think its funny how obama took any credit for it, he had nothing to do with it.
What do you mean he had nothing to do with it?

He ultimately was the one who had to make the decision to start the operation. It's not exactly legal for us to send military forces and aircraft into another country (don't get me started on Pakistan's two-faced involvement).

I'm not saying I like Obama but he is the Commander in Chief of our military so anything that happens is his call.

If you all don't think he had anything to do with it then who does?
LegalBoarding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Magulley

What do you mean he had nothing to do with it?

He ultimately was the one who had to make the decision to start the operation. It's not exactly legal for us to send military forces and aircraft into another country (don't get me started on Pakistan's two-faced involvement).

I'm not saying I like Obama but he is the Commander in Chief of our military so anything that happens is his call.

If you all don't think he had anything to do with it then who does?

Yea he ultimately authorized the action. But at the end of the day he will be taking credit for all the hard work that the CIA, and the special forces did, simply because he is the Commander and Chief. 

Anyway, Glad Osama is gone. Now to see pics of his body would top off the short-term Euphoria for this New Yorker.  

giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:10am

Nyle, go fuck* yourself. Why don't you actually provide your opinion for once and or refute my slight thought with some sort of logic.

Politicians and governments bend the truths all the damn time. Politicians skew and fabricate things all the time to spin things in their favor, it's a fact. I'm sorry, but i'm not fully buying the "we killed bin Laden and dumped his body at sea" story. IMO, if bin Laden was killed he would be brought back to the states asap.
Remember when Obama was "against the war" prior to being elected and he gained support from citizens. He then "Officially" ended the war, but left thousands upon thousands of troops over there, but still gained support from citizens. Now he wants to take credit for Osama's death and rally America in hopes of support for his re-election next year.

LOL what an idiot. Don't use the word logic. You have no idea what that means. the statement 'politicians bend truths all the time' bears what amount of weight on this particular circumstance? Obama being against the war pre-election has nothing to do with the price of tea in china. People who study logic, refer to that as ignoratio elenchi, or in terms you can actually understand, an irrelevant conclusion. Never mind the body's been confirmed at the scene by one of his wives, never mind that his face was determined a match by CIA facial recognition software, never mind that if this story was false, all OBL would have to do is release a dated tape, never mind that his DNA was confirmed as a positive match.. politicians spin stuff all the time, therefore we can logically deduce that this story is false. Moron.
return2heaven View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:14am
Marumm View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
caw

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:18am

Agreed.  Except for instructing Leon Panetta to make this the CIA's top priority, fostering stronger ties with Pakistan to make a ground operation like this possible, and quickly making the decision to execute the operation based on the uncertain information at the time, he didn't have anything to do with it.

Now high gas prices, that he's directly responsible for. 
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Marumm

Agreed.  Except for instructing Leon Panetta to make this the CIA's top priority, fostering stronger ties with Pakistan to make a ground operation like this possible, and quickly making the decision to execute the operation based on the uncertain information at the time, he didn't have anything to do with it.

Now high gas prices, that he's directly responsible for. 

well he is the commander in chief and actually makes the final decision on the mission...so i think it's hard to say he's got nothing to do with it...even funnier to say he's directly responsible for an entire global market, as opposed to a single kill order.
be talkin to ya
ColaLover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:27am
I heard Obama warned a lot of the countries about Bin Ladens death.
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:29am
good riddens
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:31am
They are claiming a 100% DNA match for OBL...though pics of a dead OBL would be nice!
TheLuckster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:41am
True^. Its been 10 years since 9/11 about time he got owned.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 10:44am
go Panetta!  When you need something done right, have a Santa Clara University grad take care of it!
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 11:05am
man im looking forward to south park putting osama in homosexual hell with chris and saddam
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 11:07am

LOL what an idiot. Don't use the word logic. You have no idea what that means. the statement 'politicians bend truths all the time' bears what amount of weight on this particular circumstance? Obama being against the war pre-election has nothing to do with the price of tea in china. People who study logic, refer to that as ignoratio elenchi, or in terms you can actually understand, an irrelevant conclusion. Never mind the body's been confirmed at the scene by one of his wives, never mind that his face was determined a match by CIA facial recognition software, never mind that if this story was false, all OBL would have to do is release a dated tape, never mind that his DNA was confirmed as a positive match.. politicians spin stuff all the time, therefore we can logically deduce that this story is false. Moron.

1st: I never said i didn't believe the story, but i said i was a bit skeptic after reading the initial story last night. I did not know about all the confirmations of identity that have come thru in the last 12 hours or so. Where my skepticism came in was the initial story that it was essentially "we killed him, DNA tested, and buried his body at sea". Just seemed all bit strange to me.

2nd: You can still go fuck* yourself.
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 11:34am

these circumstances are going to spawn conspiracy theories for the end of time no doubt.

steezmastaflex View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 11:50am
yeah its great we got him...but openly, publicly freaking out just makes us look even more ignorant to the rest of the world...now the terrorists are gonna be even more pissed off and the amount of suicide bombings are gonna jump
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 12:28pm
I wondered about the celebrating and those who are going to the extreme to show how happy they are.  Then I looked back and remember seeing people celebrating in the streets after two of our tallest buildings collapsed and killed many people.  The sad part is, killing will never stop.  As long as two people hate each other, there will always be war.  I'm kind of torn in what I should be doing.  What it boils down too is people died because of him and people are still going to die although he has been terminated.  Its never going to stop.  That is kinda depressing.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by bdanross

man im looking forward to south park putting osama in homosexual hell with chris and saddam

yeah, I'm sure Matt and Trey will get an episode of this done quickly.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 12:38pm
It definitely brings some closure to the people who lost their loves one on 911. A major terrorist leader dead is good.

Originally posted by Borsa

I wondered about the celebrating and those who are going to the extreme to show how happy they are.  Then I looked back and remember seeing people celebrating in the streets after two of our tallest buildings collapsed and killed many people.  The sad part is, killing will never stop.  As long as two people hate each other, there will always be war.  I'm kind of torn in what I should be doing.  What it boils down too is people died because of him and people are still going to die although he has been terminated.  Its never going to stop.  That is kinda depressing.

Damn people were celebrating when the twin towers collapsed!? Youtubing now.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 12:53pm
When I heard it on the radio this morning I thought it was a joke.

IMO, I don't think its gonna make a difference now that he's dead. He's inspired millions to try and outdo his terrorist ways. And I feel a bullet to the head, he got away with much less than what he deserved.
Magulley View Drop Down
Local
Local
Nananananana!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 12:58pm
Tactically it won't really make much of a difference.  There are so many branches and cells of al Qaeda that basically function as independent units. 

What it will do is reinvigorate our troops and everyone else involved in the war on terror. To see that everything we go through is for something, that we haven't given up on our promises and that the fighting still has a purpose.
NewCastle4 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 1:10pm
This is literally everywhere. Theres a lot of concern that there may be a threat towards us
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>