Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 21 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 398,180 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > I'm riding tomorrow, how bout you?

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedHigh Cascade-apalooza!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  12>

Poll Question: Who's goin' to HCSC next summer!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [40.00%]
1 [6.67%]
8 [53.33%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jc610 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Cascade-apalooza!
    Posted: May/09/2011 at 11:15am
As ctoma stated in my Is HCSC worth it- thread, let's round up a whole bunch-a TruSnow members and have a High Cascade-apalooza for NEXT summer! Who's goin' to HCSC NEXT summer?

C02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2011 at 11:39am
its kinda hard to tell a year from now...
gamelessx25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2011 at 11:42am
I'll start saving now, count me in as a maybe =D
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 5:19am
I'm counting on it.  

Obviously we are a year away but if we are really going to do this start thinking about which week to select.  Look at the sessions for this summer as a guideline.  This summer (again this is just a guideline for next summer) Session 1 (June 15-22) is full.  Session 5 (July 26 - August 2) has plenty of openings.  Session 6 (August 5 - 12) has limited availability.

I'm going to contact High Cascade to see if they offer any type of group discount.  If we get enough people to sign up maybe they will throw us a bone.

Edit:
I sent High Cascade an e-mail asking if they offer a group discount or incentive.  I'll post an update when I receive a reply.  They will probably want to know how many are in our "group", so if you're interested answer the poll at the top of this thread.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 6:50am
whats teh cost associted? it is going to be one of those living and lift pass session? depending on the price l might be intereested but will have to see about price and timing
C02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 7:40am
andrethegiant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 8:23am
august 5th thorugh 11th is way to go next year will be 3rd year in a row leeegooo
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 8:33am
^ andre, have you gone the same week the previous 2 years?  why do you like that particular week?  Besides the info on the High Cascade web site what else can you tell us about the camp?

Meagan from High Cascade sent me a reply.  Depending on how many people commit to going she said a discount can be offered.  She also said they will need a deposit by September 1, 2011 to book a group reservation for Summer 2012.  This will really separate the "maybes" from the "definitely yes" people.  

Also Meagan mentioned she can reserve a Chalet for just our group.  If the group size is around 30 or more, High Cascade can block that session off from the public.  

Give it some serious thought and post a reply if you are considering going next summer.  I'm ready to drop the deposit today.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 8:34am
I'm in and paid for for Session 1 adult camp.  Problem is I probably have a torn rotator cuff, had an MRI this morning and might be out for the summer.  We'll find out if I need surgery by the end of the week, but if not, I'll be there and just wear some armor LOL
-zakk

dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 8:38am
Good luck with the MRI Zakk. I hope everything ends up all right and you are ready to shred by Session 1!

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 8:50am
Originally posted by dougfagel

Good luck with the MRI Zakk. I hope everything ends up all right and you are ready to shred by Session 1!

me too!  know how many cans I had to collect and recycle to get that coin!?  LOL

Appreciate the good vibes for my busted wing!
-zakk

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 8:52am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ andre, have you gone the same week the previous 2 years?  why do you like that particular week?  Besides the info on the High Cascade web site what else can you tell us about the camp?

Meagan from High Cascade sent me a reply.  Depending on how many people commit to going she said a discount can be offered.  She also said they will need a deposit by September 1, 2011 to book a group reservation for Summer 2012.  This will really separate the "maybes" from the "definitely yes" people.  

Also Meagan mentioned she can reserve a Chalet for just our group.  If the group size is around 30 or more, High Cascade can block that session off from the public.  

Give it some serious thought and post a reply if you are considering going next summer.  I'm ready to drop the deposit today.

I've decided next year the wife is going with me as well.  If I'm out all summer, I'm already in for next year, so that would be good and bad.

I could do the deposit by Sept for both of us, so lemme know if this goes off. 
-zakk

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 9:56am
^ Stay tuned to this thread for updates.

I'm definitely in whether we have 5 people or 50.

Good luck with your shoulder, hope it's nothing serious.  You are booked for Session 1 this summer, correct?  If you are able to go please post a review.  Even with as much reading as I've been doing on the HC web site I still don't know what to expect.  

Also wondering if I'm going to be the oldest camper (mid-40's).
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 10:00am
Last year they had someone in their 60's and I've ridden the halfpipe at Sierra at Tahoe with a 50-something grandma and he grandson.  do what you do and enjoy the ride.  
-zakk

robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 10:58am
That's awesome. I have kinda shyed away from HCSC cause I thought it was all teenagers. Think I might have to jump on board next summer.
SunFish View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 7:47pm
ctoma--you've got about 20 yrs to go before you become the oldest camper. http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47248
If you're planning a large group that will close the session to the public, you may want to consider session 5. It is a new session this year, and session 1 and 6 have a lot of people who come back every year. Session 5 won't have that repeat following yet. That could easily become the ''Sierra Session''.
''Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional''..............          +18/-12 degrees goofy . Burton Hero 152 and Triad EST,    Burton Dominant 146 and P1.1
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2011 at 4:09am
^ Sounds good, thanks SunFish.

I'm working on getting some friends I ride with to go next summer as well as whoever signs up from TruSnow  Since I have never attended any of the (insert name)-palooza's in the past I think it would be a hella fun to meet some of the TruSnow community out there on Mt. Hood.

This will be your 4th time at HC, correct?  Any tips or info you can pass along?
SunFish View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2011 at 12:45pm
the website and what I've written here in forums pretty well sums it up. You're gonna love it. It's addictive. People whine in their beer for months after their session ends just because it's another year till the next one. I don't plan to stop going till I'm so old or decrepit that a doctor won't sign my consent. Just because you have a group of 30, don't plan on everybody riding together. They will be split up in coaching groups of about 4-6 people per coach. It's a learning experience, not just a Chinese firedrill group get together and go riding.  My only problem is deciding which of the many boards I want to demo. And pack light cause you're gonna come home with more stuff than you went with, and you don't want to go over the weight limit. And the weather can be from freezing one day to riding in a T-shirt another day, all in the same week, so don't think you can just take a hoodie and be good. I did that my first year, about froze to death one day and had to buy a jacket. If you do need or want to buy anything, if you can hold off a couple days till the Staff Sale, you can get some great bargains. I got the jacket for $40, new, $160 jacket. If you like to skate, take your board. They don't have demo skateboards but they do have a street course and bowls.
''Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional''..............          +18/-12 degrees goofy . Burton Hero 152 and Triad EST,    Burton Dominant 146 and P1.1
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2011 at 3:11am
Thanks SunFish.  I have a few questions, please bear with me.

When you go do you demo different boards each day?  Or do you ride your board a lot so you can progress on your deck?

Good tip on the clothing, I'll have to remember that next summer.  Basically, it sounds like you need to be prepared for all types of weather.  Layers, pack layers.

When you say pack light because you're going to come home with more stuff then you went with, what kind of stuff do you get from HC?  Clothing, gear?

Where do you stay when you're there, in a chalet?  Blossom Chalet, Greg House Chalet, Big and Little Bear Chalet, Park Place Chalet, etc.?  How many people to a room?
gamelessx25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2011 at 5:37am
@ ctoma, can you get the group discount info tiers to aid the "maybe's" and even the "No thanks" people.

E.G. A group of 30 people the discount is 30% off of the $2000 per individual, that's enough of a incentive for some to sign up from maybe to yes =).

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2011 at 5:44am
Originally posted by gamelessx25

@ ctoma, can you get the group discount info tiers to aid the "maybe's" and even the "No thanks" people.

E.G. A group of 30 people the discount is 30% off of the $2000 per individual, that's enough of a incentive for some to sign up from maybe to yes =).

I'll see what I can do.  My impression from Meagan's reply is she doesn't want to commit to a discount until we have a headcount.  Well, we can probably get a better headcount if we knew how much of a discount they can give.  I'll follow up with her and post the reply when I receive it.
SunFish View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2011 at 10:28am
You CAN demo a different board, boots, bindings every day if you want, or you can keep the same stuff all week if you like it. Or you can take your own board. Just whatever is your personal preference. If you try a board and dont like it, go get another one. You're gonna come home with more clothing for sure. Shirts and hats especially. Sometimes jackets or pants. I got bindings one year, others have taken boards home, usually somebody gets a Ipod-style stereo system (the big kind), etc. And you will no doubt buy stuff at the staff sale too. If you get something big and want to ship it home, there is a postoffice too.  Chalets, just depends on which ones are assigned to what group each time. I have stayed in Little Bear, Park Place, and Patterson. They separate houses by age, and for youth camp also by gender. Adult campers are usually all in one or 2 houses, depending on how many people there are. Usually 2 to 4 per room (separated by gender).
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 8:41pm

Also wondering if I'm going to be the oldest camper (mid-40's).

I had talked with someone on the lift at my local mountain who was in his 60's and said he has gone to HCSC and Windell's for years now. He threw down in the park too.
andrethegiant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 9:28pm
i like session 6 because its warmest and the people. last year it was jp joe sexton jeremy jones and keegan. this years its the whole video grass crew. so sick
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2011 at 4:50am

This is something I too am very interested in........

jc610 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 9:50am
I was just wondering if it would make any difference if the group was a mix of adult and youth campers for booking a group? Like does there have to be a certain amount of adult campers and youth campers seperately since they're in seperate housing sections, I think?
jc610 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 9:51am
And also, do the math people, if there's a possible discount of 30% off per person, that's around $600 off making the cost drop from $2000 to $1400! That's a hell of a lot of less dough you have to pay to get in!
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 10:01am
Is it just me, or does the logo look like a marshmellow rubbing one out?!? Embarrassed
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 10:05am
Originally posted by carebear

Is it just me, or does the logo look like a marshmellow rubbing one out?!? Embarrassed

well that explains the huge smile on his face
be talkin to ya
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2011 at 4:11pm
I am on the fence about going. I surely want to increase my park skills but $2K plus transport is a bit pricey for 1 week.
Danny1Boy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2011 at 4:44pm
I live in Sandy and when i cant shred at meadows i get a summer pass to timberline. Hell yea il be goin!
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
New 2012 setup for outerwear

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2011 at 6:56am
how much would the discount be around
11 Dc lauri pro tone, 11 Rome s90 bindings

Check out www.wonsnow.com
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2011 at 8:01am
^ We do not know.  Doug Fagel is taking over the negotiations with HCSC.  
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2011 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by zakk

I'm in and paid for for Session 1 adult camp.  Problem is I probably have a torn rotator cuff, had an MRI this morning and might be out for the summer.  We'll find out if I need surgery by the end of the week, but if not, I'll be there and just wear some armor LOL

Zakk hope your injury is improving and you made it to HCSC. If so, please give us an update on HCSC.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 7:37am
Originally posted by snowmen

Zakk hope your injury is improving and you made it to HCSC. If so, please give us an update on HCSC.

Grade II AC joint separation, held together all camp.  My computer went down so I'm doing the blog updates this week.

In short: best summer vacation ever.  I'm going next year, session 1.  50 new best friends and I did a clinic on Dance Party night on how to shotgun beers, 6 coaches participated.  Cobra Dogs all get jalapenos, onions, cobra sauce and bacon.  When in doubt, a $2 Rainer will cure your soreness.  Huckleberry shakes are best after 3 am.  Sauna's make good places to dry gear. 

I think that's it. 
-zakk

dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 7:41am
Zakk, I am stoked you had a good time at HCSC! Wish I was there!

We will be working out a deal with HCSC for next summer. I will let you guys know the details once it is all set up. Expect details this fall.

- Missing Govy!!
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 7:51am
Originally posted by dougfagel

Zakk, I am stoked you had a good time at HCSC! Wish I was there!

We will be working out a deal with HCSC for next summer. I will let you guys know the details once it is all set up. Expect details this fall.

- Missing Govy!!

I rode and hung out with Chris while I was up there, lots of Truckee was there actually :)

I'd be down for two sessions :)
-zakk

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 7:51am

Grade II AC joint separation, held together all camp.  My computer went down so I'm doing the blog updates this week.

In short: best summer vacation ever.  I'm going next year, session 1.  50 new best friends and I did a clinic on Dance Party night on how to shotgun beers, 6 coaches participated.  Cobra Dogs all get jalapenos, onions, cobra sauce and bacon.  When in doubt, a $2 Rainer will cure your soreness.  Huckleberry shakes are best after 3 am.  Sauna's make good places to dry gear. 

I think that's it. 

"best summer vacation ever", I think that says it all, looking forward to going next summer.  Do you have any video/photos from your week?

Hopefully TS and HCSC will work out a good deal for us for Session 1 (again, Meagan recommended Session 1 since some kids are still in school at that time).
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 7:54am

I think that's it. 

"best summer vacation ever", I think that says it all, looking forward to going next summer.  Do you have any video/photos from your week?

Hopefully TS and HCSC will work out a good deal for us for Session 1 (again, Meagan recommended Session 1 since some kids are still in school at that time).

yeah, session 1 is where it is at.  about 1/2 were returning campers and they all do Sesh 1.  Sooo much snow.  There were 60 or so adult campers thrown down in the Kicker Bus.  Beer kickball was also a blast. 

I have some photos and that was the one disappointment of the week, i paid the $75 for the photog session and wasn't really impressed with the guy assigned to us.  my roomies had an awesome photog session, our guy seemed out to lunch two of my big airs he was chopping it up with another photog.  Not sure I'd do that again. 

-zakk

kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 9:19am
I'm down! I can probably have 2 other people come with me. I was thinking of doing Woodward @ Copper for the indoor foam pits they have but with a possible group discount, I could change it to HCSC. Let us know what you work out Doug.

My computer went down so I'm doing the blog updates this week. 

Can't wait to see it. Glad the knee held up for camp... we're never 100% anymore. Price of playing hard!
Its not fun unless its sketchy
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by kirium81

I'm down! I can probably have 2 other people come with me. I was thinking of doing Woodward @ Copper for the indoor foam pits they have but with a possible group discount, I could change it to HCSC. Let us know what you work out Doug.

My computer went down so I'm doing the blog updates this week. 

Can't wait to see it. Glad the knee held up for camp... we're never 100% anymore. Price of playing hard!

High Cascade has a tramp/ramp foam pit along with a tramp and 3 different skate parks.  Seriously, if you're bored at HCSC, you're dead or have Chionophobia 
-zakk

kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 12:33pm

Seriously, if you're bored at HCSC, you're dead or have Chionophobia 

The fact that this phobia exists just breaks my heart.

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 12:37pm

Or makes you wish it was pandemic so you had fresh pow lines for weeks.
-zakk

kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 12:55pm

Or makes you wish it was pandemic so you had fresh pow lines for weeks.

its selfish... but brilliant. me likes how you roll!
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 2:46pm
Sounds like great times at HCSC, I am definitely debating whether to go ...
SunFish View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2011 at 7:43am
Originally posted by snowmen

Sounds like great times at HCSC, I am definitely debating whether to go ...
Once you go, you will wonder why you ever debated. You will be hooked for life.
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2011 at 8:06am
Is there a membership fee?
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2011 at 8:20am

A membership fee for what?
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2011 at 8:21am

Not that I'm aware of.  It's a week-long snowboard camp, you pay for 1 week of lodging, meals, lift tix, coaching, etc.  They have 3 sessions for adults, go to the web site and bone up on it:

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2011 at 1:21pm

Not that I'm aware of.  It's a week-long snowboard camp, you pay for 1 week of lodging, meals, lift tix, coaching, etc.  They have 3 sessions for adults, go to the web site and bone up on it:

Absolutely everything that wasn't an adult beverage was taken care of by HCSC down to designated driver Lisa to get you home for dinner via a moving dance party.  they have the adult camp down to an art and oh how beautiful it is. 
-zakk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>