1 Staff | 31 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 398,817 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedSASS Global Travel Hookup for TruSnow Members!!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: SASS Global Travel Hookup for TruSnow Members!!
    Posted: Jun/17/2011 at 10:45am

SASS Global Travel is hooking up all active TruSnow Members with a $100.00 discount on their summer Snowboard Trip to Argentina!!

This is the best way to get a guided trip to ride Big Mountain Powder during the months of July through September!!

SASS Global Travel has been running a guided and coached backcountry & freeride operation for skiers and snowboarders in Bariloche, Argentina for 7 years now.  There you’ll find a collection of some of the most seasoned pro big-mountain and freeride skiers and snowboarders waiting to take you out for some of the most epic powder lines you’ll ever ride while teaching you avalanche safety and safe backcountry travel practices.  If jumping is more your steeze, SGT’s coaching staff have the sidecountry mapped out like a skatepark, with countless spots to build step-ups, gap, hip and tree jib jumps, all with powder landings, for those looking to land their first backflip or get that double cork on film for sponsors.

SGT made a big move this year to slopeside lodging, putting the crew only 200 yards from the lifts.  As well, the city of Bariloche offers a more diverse cultural experience than most South American resort towns can claim, with a huge lakes region to explore along with thumping clubs and some amazing restaurants with the region’s amazing beef, pastas, and fish.  SASS Global Travel Argentina runs six week-long sessions from July 23rd-Sept. 3rd, with programs for high schoolers, 7 different college courses for university students, and adult sessions, along with a Roxy Women’s Session at the end of August.  Hit up sassglobaltravel.com/argentina for the full details.

Check out the video Teaser on Vimeo!!

To get your hookup send me a PM for your $100.00 discount coupon code!! - Doug

See the event in our the TruSnow Meet Up Area of the site.

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2011 at 10:58am
This looks awesome.  I wanted to plan a trip to SA after graduation with a few friends, but we never got around to it/some couldn't afford it.  Can't do it this year, but is definitely something to consider for the summer after I finish grad school, before I start work.
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2011 at 11:00am
For those that can't make it happen this summer, put it in the books for next summer and we will plan on setting up a Hookup for 2012!!
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2011 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Sintexo

This looks awesome.  I wanted to plan a trip to SA after graduation with a few friends, but we never got around to it/some couldn't afford it.  Can't do it this year, but is definitely something to consider for the summer after I finish grad school, before I start work.

seriously. this looks like one of the sickest vacations ever. and $2k for a week, although quite a bit of money, isn't absolutely out of the question.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2011 at 11:32am
I would love to go to this.  Maybe next summer...I think I will have the appropriate funds for this by then.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
Spenser W. View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2011 at 3:09pm
damn, I have a 2-3 week break between the end of my internship and the start of school in mid august.  this would fit SO perfectly, muahahahaha.  two grand though, not sure if i can swing it.  sweet deal on saving a hundred bucks though!
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2011 at 3:21pm
thats soooo awesome, but im with the others right now with not this year, i am bookmarking this for future reference
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2011 at 3:40pm
does it include (for this summer) powder, or ash?.....Shocked

j/k cool deal though

mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2011 at 4:21pm
wow $2000 for 1 week and it doesnt include flight?

i've booked my own trip to Ushuaia for Aug and it should only cost me $2500 total for 10 days.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2011 at 9:26am
Originally posted by mech9t5

i've booked my own trip to Ushuaia for Aug and it should only cost me $2500 total for 10 days.
Thanks, I was looking all over their site to see if air was included.  Also saw their Japan program in Haikeido. 
For those in school, the college program looks intersting but only if I could write off the air and boarding for two  weeks with my tax returns...
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2011 at 10:29am
this would have been alot hotter if they had this promo before june. now the airplane tix price are on the rise already that the 100$ discount basically offsets each other if not more
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2011 at 11:03am
Originally posted by STRICK-9

Thanks, I was looking all over their site to see if air was included.  Also saw their Japan program in Haikeido. 
For those in school, the college program looks intersting but only if I could write off the air and boarding for two  weeks with my tax returns...

The quoted prices on the site do not indicate they include airfare.  but I could be wrong.  Maybe doug could clarify...

i doubt you could write this off for tax purposes.

You should check the regional thread as there was someone who is also organizing trips to bariloche too.  they were $2500 (approx) for 1 week including airfare.  they were going through epicsnowcompany.com who would help you book a flight from where ever you are coming from.   Without a flight, it was something like $1000 for a week.

I have not gone with them before and have no experience with them but just thought I would mention it.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2011 at 6:51am
You have to consider how much Backcountry courses are to take...they are expensive!  On top of that you are getting a guide for seven days...considering that 2k seems reasonable.
SASSGlobalTravel View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2011 at 5:31am
SGT offers the best backcountry ski and snowboarding program in the Patagonia of Argentina. We have slope side lodging 100 yards from the gondola, Pool and all the amenities, plus daily guiding with the top guides and pros in the world, Including two meals per day, and all lift passes for $1895 for tru snow members!. SGT can also offer discounted airfare from the US and Canada better than any other pricing that you can find on the internet. Thanks for your interest! Let us know if we can be of any help!   
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2011 at 6:43am
As an addition to our previous post here are some more specifics:

SGT caters to rider progression. We strive to understand your goals while being with us. Whether that’s learning new tricks from some of the best pros in the world, or pushing your big mountain riding to the next level,   Chris Coulter, Skylar Holgate, Andrew Burns, Michelle Parker and Garrett Russell are on point with everything from building backcountry kickers and teaching any trick in the book. They all excel in big mountain riding and these guys are some of the most respected backcountry riders in the industry. Want to learn anything about backcountry riding or push your limits, these are the guys to do it and it doesn't get much better. Great photo and video opportunities available with our media staff as well
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2011 at 7:04am
Cool thanks for the hookup Doug and SASS!
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2011 at 7:12am
wow this sounds like an incredible deal. I cant go this summer but ill fit this in my schedule next summer for sure
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2011 at 10:06am
damn id love to go, but whod pay for the other $2k
WOOHOO
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 2:30pm
would love to head down there for a week. funds arnt gonna allow it this summer tho.

i bet the bc booter sessions go off.  would be nice to have people who know how to build a proper cheese wedge in the bc. i guess learning cork 5's will have to wait till next season
Camber Is The New Rocker.
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 2:34pm
how about a better discount if you can organize a larger group?
be talkin to ya
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 2:42pm
That still seems pretty pricey, even with the $100 off.
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 3:25pm
For what you get from the program and the guiding, it is a really good price.

We will keep thing going for those that want to get in on it next summer or maybe for one of the winter trips!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by SASSGlobalTravel

As an addition to our previous post here are some more specifics:

SGT caters to rider progression. We strive to understand your goals while being with us. Whether that’s learning new tricks from some of the best pros in the world, or pushing your big mountain riding to the next level,   Chris Coulter, Skylar Holgate, Andrew Burns, Michelle Parker and Garrett Russell are on point with everything from building backcountry kickers and teaching any trick in the book. They all excel in big mountain riding and these guys are some of the most respected backcountry riders in the industry. Want to learn anything about backcountry riding or push your limits, these are the guys to do it and it doesn't get much better. Great photo and video opportunities available with our media staff as well

How much is airfare approximately?
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 12:05pm
^Flights to Bariloche are approx $1300 to $1500.  Not sure about their "specials" with the local operators because you can get the local leg of the flight from BA to Bariloche for almost half the price if you are local.  Approx $250 compard to about $400 to $450 for booking outside.

Also, as a comparison, here is another tour operator

Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 12:44pm
Wanted to reply to all of the above....

Group discounts are totally available, please contact me, sessions are filling fast, and we may have limited availability, depending on the size of the group.

We have blocks of discounted airfare along with the best schedules. Those are going quickly as we are only able to secure a specific number from different airlines and from different major departure cities. We have the best prices no doubt, ranging from 1400 -1700 approx.

Booters, our booter crew is the best, we'll teach you how to build em, hit em and film em..... just ask Andrew Burns or Chris Coulter....our coaches

pricey, yes everything is pricey, but the value we provide is the best by far, you cant book a trip on your own like this, guarantee it..

bob@sassglobaltravel.com
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 12:46pm
How far in advance can you reserve a spot?  Also any early bird discounting for reserving?

I know I can't do this this summer, but next summer maybe.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
Bartleby Badger View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 11:43pm
Might be interested in the end of July I think I might have a free week from work, but gotta check how much flights from England will be. Do you offer extra discounts to animals with paws and a stripey snout?  LOL
Is badger, is not problem
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 6:46am
^^hana24: usually we release our dates and prices in mid-February, definitely do early season discounts!

^bartleby: hit me up with an e-mail (bob@sassglobaltravel.com) and we can see what we can get you for flights for sessions 1 or 2. where in the UK would you be flying from? and are you going to be shredding with your dog haha?
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 7:32am
I need to save up some $
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 8:21am
SASS - I don't think Badgers have pet dogs.

Wink
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 8:06pm

Wanted to reply to all of the above....

Group discounts are totally available, please contact me, sessions are filling fast, and we may have limited availability, depending on the size of the group.

We have blocks of discounted airfare along with the best schedules. Those are going quickly as we are only able to secure a specific number from different airlines and from different major departure cities. We have the best prices no doubt, ranging from 1400 -1700 approx.

Booters, our booter crew is the best, we'll teach you how to build em, hit em and film em..... just ask Andrew Burns or Chris Coulter....our coaches

pricey, yes everything is pricey, but the value we provide is the best by far, you cant book a trip on your own like this, guarantee it..

bob@sassglobaltravel.com

How many do you need to get a group discount?  I want to talk to my friends about this.
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 10:20pm
doesn't look like airfare is included
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 10:53pm
bummer air fare might be deal killer
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2011 at 2:11am
Originally posted by AyChan87

bummer air fare might be deal killer

apparently they say that this is when they get cheap airfare tickets. but l guess you'll have to pm them to get additional information
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2011 at 3:21am
yes, if you'd like to get a quote for the airfare, send me an e-mail at bob@sassglobaltravel.com. We have some set discounted rates we're working with but prices in August are starting to come down so better to have me check the latest quote for wherever you are flying out of. thanks guys!
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2011 at 3:44am
Looks like great riding but the airfare is pretty expensive.
Bartleby Badger View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2011 at 5:29am

^^hana24: usually we release our dates and prices in mid-February, definitely do early season discounts!

^bartleby: hit me up with an e-mail (bob@sassglobaltravel.com) and we can see what we can get you for flights for sessions 1 or 2. where in the UK would you be flying from? and are you going to be shredding with your dog haha?

Unfortunately am now working all July Cry Gonna have to wait and see what August looks like to see if I can get out to Argentina
Is badger, is not problem
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2011 at 11:19pm
Ladies,

Don't forget the ROXY Women's session, ride with ROXY women's pro team, "Women in the Industry" seminar, "Chicas Only" slopestyle contest and much more.......

http://www.sassglobaltravel.com/argentina/roxy

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150509245022020

bob@sassglobaltravel.com for details.
darwinla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2011 at 11:39am
how much do the prices of sessions fluctuate over the years?

ie...

2010 prices vs 2011 prices vs (potential) 2012 and 2013 prices

do they go up each year?

just curious about how things were in previous years and what not.
great site and the program looks awesome. hopefully i can save enough money to head to south america
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2011 at 7:35am
Originally posted by darwinla

how much do the prices of sessions fluctuate over the years?

ie...

2010 prices vs 2011 prices vs (potential) 2012 and 2013 prices

do they go up each year?

just curious about how things were in previous years and what not.
great site and the program looks awesome. hopefully i can save enough money to head to south america

i would imagine it would be cheap this year as Bariloche was affected a lot by the recent volcano.  I'd expect it to go up next year to recover the lost business from this year.

I've been monitoring the situation and they are still cancelling flights in Argentina (all flights grounded in BA a few days ago).  I'm lucky I booked Ushuaia instead of Bariloche but I'm still concerned if I can even get there due to the flight situation.  And when I get there, will I be able to get back?
minduka View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2011 at 9:14am
I would love to go, but the price seems a little to steep for me.

Going for the rockies this year
Xhaustin View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2011 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by STRICK-9

The quoted prices on the site do not indicate they include airfare.  but I could be wrong.  Maybe doug could clarify...

i doubt you could write this off for tax purposes.

You should check the regional thread as there was someone who is also organizing trips to bariloche too.  they were $2500 (approx) for 1 week including airfare.  they were going through epicsnowcompany.com who would help you book a flight from where ever you are coming from.   Without a flight, it was something like $1000 for a week.

I have not gone with them before and have no experience with them but just thought I would mention it.
Thanks for the mentioning! have fun in Ushuaia dude!

but ya, the SASS crew is cool, most everyone in argentina is haha and they cook a mean asado!
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Xhaustin

Thanks for the mentioning! have fun in Ushuaia dude!

but ya, the SASS crew is cool, most everyone in argentina is haha and they cook a mean asado!

I would love to try an authentic AR asado!  

I'm still a bit worried as domestic flights were cancelled at the beginning of this month... glad I am going in mid aug.
Xhaustin View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 8:42pm
yea, i think il end up goin in august also
watchdog View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2011 at 8:31pm

How much would it be coming from Australia and is it possible?

humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2011 at 8:47pm
if you cover the airfare 

shouldn't matter where your coming from

1-Week: $1995
2-Week: $3890
3-Week: $5785
4-Week: $7680
5-Week: $9575
6-Week: $11,470

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2011 at 9:32pm
this or coc or windells.. hmmm
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2011 at 3:56am
Not a tough choice really, powder or park? The last 2 sessions are the best for the storm window that comes through. It will some of the best big mountain riding you can do, we will push your abilities, no matter how good you are.......contact me, we are filling up. bob@sassglobaltravel.com
Xhaustin View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2011 at 12:53pm
Checkout epic snow company... $2500 for a week with flight, transportation, lodging, lift, guides,...everything!...get the real Argentine experience.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2011 at 8:01am
First Argentina video!!

Shot yesterday!!

http://vimeo.com/26627687
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>