Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TankdonSnow View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OZWI Epic Tours

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sierra Boards are Crap - Apparently
    Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 11:55pm
Hey Community - long time no post - I want to share with you someone's thoughts on a Sierra Snowboard. As some of you may know I am (was) a re-seller of Sierra boards in OZ and up until the change to TruSnow had a good thing going. We have sold about 50 Sierra boards and had none returned and never any negative feedback. I have ridden all the models except the V-Spot and thrashed them as much as possibly and never broken them.

We have only one Sierra board left a 147cm Stunt. Until yesterday it was sold. The text below is what I got back after the supposed buyer made the purchase. This came after them emailing me asking about payment details - ENJOY!

"Hi unfortunately i will have to cancel this order as i have been informed that sierra snowboards are extremely bad board. I dont think u should be trying to sell it on ebay for that amount of money its not right.

All the best - freshtrx

NB: the board is for sale for $300 with free shipping

I would encourage any of you to log on to www.ebay.com.au go to the Community Link enter the user id "freshtrx" and leave them your thoughts on Sierra Snowboards - they have got their information wrong and need to be set straight by the power of good and the power of this community (how could 308,000 people be wrong to shop here).

NB: we are not interested in the sale - just interested in your thoughts and helping this poor person understand the quality of Sierra Snowboards.

Best Board for the price I have ridden.
Find the snow, keep the flow - Epic Days 4ever
sheepz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 12:24am
wow thats realy shit to hear, did they say where they got the info that they were bad??

sierra boards are rewrapped burtons aren't they?
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 1:04am
i haven't ridden burtons before but mine seems to work just fine...
Instructor
Instructor
OZWI Epic Tours

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 1:40am
Originally posted by sheepz

wow thats realy shit to hear, did they say where they got the info that they were bad??

sierra boards are rewrapped burtons aren't they?

Not all were based on Burtons ... not sure where they got there info from - think it was just a bogus comment to not pay for the board
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 1:42am
the 2011 models are based on burtons and made by them.  long story short they are burton boards.  the stunt is a blunt, the reverse crew is a 2008 (?) custom shape with 2011 process construction, the bluebird was supposed to be a cambered malolo but came out with the taper of a guru (5mm instead of 20mm) etc.

the 2010 sierrascope was a 2010 capita horrorscope shape with indoor construction.

anyway, i'm pretty sure everyone is/will be referring to the burton ones.
Instructor
Instructor
OZWI Epic Tours

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 1:48am
Originally posted by spenser

the 2011 models are based on burtons and made by them.  long story short they are burton boards.  the stunt is a blunt, the reverse crew is a 2008 (?) custom shape with 2011 process construction, the bluebird was supposed to be a cambered malolo but came out with the taper of a guru (5mm instead of 20mm) etc.

the 2010 sierrascope was a 2010 capita horrorscope shape with indoor construction.

anyway, i'm pretty sure everyone is/will be referring to the burton ones.

I was referring to them all ... favourite is the Team Board for me.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 1:50am
having not ridden any, my favorite would probably be the sierrascope.. considering the indoor FK was probably my favorite all-around board to date, and i love the way the shape of the horrorscope is cut.  i also don't like v-rocker, so the reverse crew is out.

i don't know much about the 2009 and previous models as far as what they "really" are.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 2:04am
Unbelievable...I will def leave a comment.  Love both my crew and Rev Crew
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 2:24am
Is this thread an Alka Summoning spell?

Caring that someone doesnt like sierra boards is like caring that someone disliked your favourite youtube video.
m00m
Instructor
Instructor
OZWI Epic Tours

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 2:33am
Originally posted by ippollite

Is this thread an Alka Summoning spell?

Caring that someone doesnt like sierra boards is like caring that someone disliked your favourite youtube video.

WOW - an expert member with little positive to add ... thanks for the supportClap Product deserves credit, so it is not about a care factor for me ... never posted a youtube video, so not sure what the feels like ... must be upsettingTongue
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 2:34am
i can't wait to see what he says.

i was drunk during every post in this thread including this one.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 3:03am
WOW - an expert member with little positive to add ... thanks for the support Product deserves credit, so it is not about a care factor for me ... never posted a youtube video, so not sure what the feels like ... must be upsetting

I just think internet harassment campaigns are a bit silly. Who cares what ONE GUY thinks? Isnt he entitled to his opinion or must he be stalked and harassed off the internet because he decided (however he arrived at that decision), that sierra boards arent that good.

I PERSONALLY think sierra boards are great value for money, i think theyre also a great buy for international customers if only because the price and warranty on them are fantastic.

But that doesn't mean they're for everyone or that everyone has to like them or that everyone has to share my opinion on them; thats just nuts.

And PERSONALLY speaking, it actually damages the reputation of this website by starting a witch hunt about it to 'educate' [harass] the unbeliever. It suggests that we dont have a clue what we're talking about, we're all sierra fanboys/girls, and this forum cant muster enough objectivity to recognise that sierra boards are just 6 boards with no more objective claim over your cash than any other 6 boards.

Lets try and keep things in perspective. If someone starts slagging off a burton board and suggesting its a bit expensive we dont all start spamming the offenders ebay profile or facebook reminding them that burton have boards in all price ranges and even their top line gear is comparable to the prices of other A+ line boards (mervyn/NS/k2). So why is this different? Most of us on these forums like the company and like the brand. We wouldnt be posting here if we didnt. So yeah, most of us will be a little biased about sierra products, but lets not get carried away here. No need to start a campaign because someone on the internet doesnt like them, thats just silly.

ETA: Also slightly drunk
m00m
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 3:28am
Originally posted by ippollite

WOW - an expert member with little positive to add ... thanks for the support Product deserves credit, so it is not about a care factor for me ... never posted a youtube video, so not sure what the feels like ... must be upsetting

I just think internet harassment campaigns are a bit silly. Who cares what ONE GUY thinks? Isnt he entitled to his opinion or must he be stalked and harassed off the internet because he decided (however he arrived at that decision), that sierra boards arent that good.

I PERSONALLY think sierra boards are great value for money, i think theyre also a great buy for international customers if only because the price and warranty on them are fantastic.

But that doesn't mean they're for everyone or that everyone has to like them or that everyone has to share my opinion on them; thats just nuts.

And PERSONALLY speaking, it actually damages the reputation of this website by starting a witch hunt about it to 'educate' [harass] the unbeliever. It suggests that we dont have a clue what we're talking about, we're all sierra fanboys/girls, and this forum cant muster enough objectivity to recognise that sierra boards are just 6 boards with no more objective claim over your cash than any other 6 boards.

Lets try and keep things in perspective. If someone starts slagging off a burton board and suggesting its a bit expensive we dont all start spamming the offenders ebay profile or facebook reminding them that burton have boards in all price ranges and even their top line gear is comparable to the prices of other A+ line boards (mervyn/NS/k2). So why is this different? Most of us on these forums like the company and like the brand. We wouldnt be posting here if we didnt. So yeah, most of us will be a little biased about sierra products, but lets not get carried away here. No need to start a campaign because someone on the internet doesnt like them, thats just silly.

ETA: Also slightly drunk

Don't think anything else can, and should be said on this. Damn good point, well said, and plus 1 and stuff.....
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 4:09am
Heard only good things about Sierra boards for its price.
Dont know where that dude is getting his info, but his loss.
No point in tracking him down and hounding him over this...
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 4:21am
Every company is going to make a bad board now and then, it's just what happens.  Look at the X-Box 360 for crying out loud.  It could even be a competitor trying to make TruSnow look bad, I wouldn't worry about it.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 4:27am
correct me if l'm wrong. but in order to leave a message on ebay, you'll have to make an actual purchase?there has been a few threads about the board being easy to break the top sheet. perhaps thats what he means.

also: purchased product-->3391 (TankdonSnow) thats alot of snowboard. 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 4:42am
Who cares?  So 1 order out of 50 was cancelled because someone thinks the board is crap.  Hardly sounds like an organized smear campaign to me.

Maybe I need to start drunk posting like Spenser and Ippy...
gamelessx25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 4:50am
This person sounds like he/she is just scamming ebay/paypal policy for a new FREE board at the cost to the seller. You can check their history and see if they've done this kind of thing before. Not much you can do when people start doing crap like this for selfish gain.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 5:00am
Originally posted by ctoma

Maybe I need to start drunk posting like Spenser and Ippy...

Where is the "Like" button...
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 5:11am
Yea thats bogus, i just bought a sierra stunt and was very impressed with the quality of the board i cant wait to ride it
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 5:23am
Originally posted by krisshono

Yea thats bogus, i just bought a sierra stunt and was very impressed with the quality of the board i cant wait to ride it

if you just bought it and havent ridden it yet, how can you be impressed by the quality of it? LOL found that realyl funny
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 5:27am
i think you can petition to ebay to get bogus comments removed, especially if they didn't buy anything.
Grinch View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 5:35am
Sierra boards are mad extremely well and also ride really good. I have never heard any negative feedback myself. Maybe that guy was just saying to be mean just for fun.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 6:12am
OK, but has anyone checked to determine whether perhaps this is a FAKE Sierra board freshtrx was talking about ????  Seems like a plausible explanation. 

See what I did there . . . .

-b
get bent
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 6:19am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Every company is going to make a bad board now and then, it's just what happens.  Look at the X-Box 360 for crying out loud.  It could even be a competitor trying to make TruSnow look bad, I wouldn't worry about it.

Exactly.  Nothing and no one is 100% all of the time.  Even the best manufacturing processes have a hiccup now and again. 

-zakk

grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 6:24am
Sounds like this dude just wanted to get out of the sale, and felt the need to make up a lame excuse.
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 6:33am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Sounds like this dude just wanted to get out of the sale, and felt the need to make up a lame excuse.

+1 thats most likely the reason. but even if he says that. hes still obliged to live with it. so l guess report it to ebay first and sell to the next highest bidder
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 6:48am
Originally posted by rye

Originally posted by krisshono

if you just bought it and havent ridden it yet, how can you be impressed by the quality of it? LOL found that realyl funny
Kinda true, but then again, I can go to Target and tell that the skateboards there are not as good a quality as a pro deck from a skateshop whithout having ridden a target brand board...
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
Wilz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 7:33am
hmm my rev crew is great.. so i can't say i know what that guy is talking about..

but yeah i think it's his loss anyway. no point annoying someone who doesn't like the brand, prob make them more negative about the brand.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 8:10am
This is silly.  Help "this poor person" understand that Sierra boards are quality.  Whatever we say at this point will have little to no effect on freshtrx opinion - apparently.
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 8:44am
This guy has a right to his opinion and shouldn't be harassed by this community because of it. If he wants to debate his opinion then he could post here but we shouldn't be stalking him. Just let it go.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 9:01am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

OK, but has anyone checked to determine whether perhaps this is a FAKE Sierra board freshtrx was talking about ????  Seems like a plausible explanation. 

See what I did there . . . .

-b

well he hasn't traded it with anything like a sock...

but seriously, that's just dumb to go harass someone on a different site for having a different opinion about a board.  harassing them is going to have the opposite effect of changing their opinion.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 9:01am
This thread is crap - Apparently  (no wait, it's crap)

He just didn't want to pay...... get over it. 
started by flossers making floss for flossers
Backside10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 9:09am
freshtrx needs to do his research before opening his mouth. sierra boards are a good value for the money.
Nitro Rook 156, Burton Cartels
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 9:14am
freshtrx...
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 9:22am
well ive heard the top sheet is cheap, but that doesn't really matter

for the price of sierra boards they are awesome
WOOHOO
Borsa View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 12:40pm
I bet that guy couldn't pay for the board and made that crap up so that he wouldn't have to buy it.  You should leave him negative feedback for falsely bidding on an item.  He probly found this website and just bought it from the site.  There are a lot of people out there.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by TankdonSnow

I dont think u should be trying to sell it on ebay for that amount of money

OK, so if not for that amount of money, what price would he accept?
cruiserbear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 12:56pm
I didn't even know thre was a Sierra Snowboard reseller in Australia. When did that first start?
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 1:05pm
Different people like different boards. Because everyone has different height, weight, riding style, preference, ability, bindings, wax, and even snow...everyone's ride is going to feel different. My personal experience with my Sierra Reverse Crew has been awsome. It's well-made and rides great. Better than my Burton Operator in most conditions in the Tahoe area. But, I still prefer my old Head iForce when I'm in icy SoCal. A different person with all 3 of the same boards may have totally different opinions. To each their own. But the buyer should have done the research before bidding, not after.
dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 1:20pm
Out of hundreds or even thousand boards sold as Sierra Boards, I am sure people where able to break or have a board in the batch that did not hold up. 

That is why we have the warranty policy for the Sierra Boards that where bought on this site.

Some people do have things happen to their equipment that causes it to fail such as first day out on a Sierra Crew and landing on the tail like a pogo stick causing it to break, Dana.

Either way we are not going to win over the hearts of everyone one but the fact is the products are quality, produced by reputable brands; Capita, Burton and Flow.
NedHead2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grandpa Morstoel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 2:10pm
Burtons suck? Is what you should have asked that person.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 2:21pm
viral marketing to defend Sierra - I'm in!
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 4:17pm
in conclusion crack kills brain cells children so stay away

honestly everyone is entitled to there opinion you cant win everyone over. O well fug um more the marrier for others
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 4:52pm
I have a sierra board and I love it!! idk how people think its a bad board. it was prob some dumb lil kid
slikesfood View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 6:04pm
Too bad for him, Ill be buying my first board soon.

Most likely a sierra board =)
bmorse View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 6:37pm
Haven't ridden my Stunt yet, but after having a few carpet sessions on it, I don't see any issues with it. Read all the positive reviews on all the Sierra boards and will answer all questions. Sierra boards are quality.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 8:25pm
I guess what I don't understand is why you are selling them for $300 anyway when you can get them on this site for $250.  I understand free shipping, but is shipping really that expensive to where you are shipping to?
Kenmanh View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 9:43pm
^ $300 is still cheaper after you factor in shipping to Australia.
Instructor
Instructor
OZWI Epic Tours

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Kenmanh

^ $300 is still cheaper after you factor in shipping to Australia.
Thanks champ - spot on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>