park board

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jibhugger View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jibhugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: park board
    Posted: Nov/19/2011 at 7:40am
companies try to trick beginners into thinking a board is made for one purpose, and only that purpose. In reality, it all depends on your preferences. I rode an "all-mountain" board for 2 years and i loved it in the park.
hankookchamp View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote hankookchamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2011 at 9:01pm
softer and shorter
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2011 at 9:05pm
Nice, it's been a few days since this has been broken out...

(edit: this thread won't die because it's a sticky... well that answers that I guess.)
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2011 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by GnarShredder420

Its easy as shit bro

Step 1) Google search for "Never Summer Revolver"
Step 2) Buy it
Step 3) Shred Gnar like a champ

Revolver = wide.  what's if he doesn't have a 11.5+ boot?? Hmmmm?

U forgot to add the Never Summer Evo.. just incase he has 11 and smaller boots.   I got U though. Wink
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
dingledome420 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dingledome420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2011 at 10:27am
I was in the same hunt, after a long search i bought a skate banana. great board, little stiffer than some park boards but gives lots of pop. magne-traction is sick as well
slizel View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
The Olympic Dream

Quote slizel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2011 at 10:29am
If the sticker says park well then its a park board.
twelve View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote twelve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2011 at 5:49am
^ and if it says all mountain, don't you dare take that thing into the park! likewise with a pow board, don't even think about taking that thing all mountain!
Tybalt Capulet View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Tybalt Capulet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2011 at 10:40am

go twin tip capita!

shredBATALEON View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
signature goggle hair

Quote shredBATALEON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2011 at 10:42am
da hell wit dat son..... what you want is a bataleon disaster or airobic.
JustinMX195Y View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
sunapee feb 20th

Quote JustinMX195Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2011 at 10:44am
definitely read up on how soft the board is and if it's made specifically for park. shorter always help a bit, although i used a longer board for the first year of my park experience, but if the board is strictly for park only, go shorter
-195Y
JBburton 18 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JBburton 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2011 at 5:56pm
For the last time, soft and short does NOT mean park board. You can take almost any board anywhere.
shredBATALEON: (4:06 PM) dude jb your being such a dutch bag man
romerider13 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote romerider13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2011 at 4:52pm
Definitely go with the Rome Artifact Rocker. Really soft and great for jibs.
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2011 at 11:33pm
k2 www! crazy flex in that thing. my friend says he can see my board twisiting wen im riding
vanoot View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Just some urban rodeo fun

Quote vanoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2011 at 3:10am
Originally posted by JBburton 18

For the last time, soft and short does NOT mean park board. You can take almost any board anywhere.

Although I am in agreement with your posts on here, I must say this:
If the guy had to ask the question, then we can all assume he is a beginner or fairly new to snowboarding. Now, I have no doubt that an experienced rider can shred on a "non-typical" park board, but the OP obviously has no idea what his preference in a board is. With such a general question, you have to give him a generalized answer. And YES, I would say that the typical park board these days is a short, reverse camber, flexy board. That just seems to be what people are riding for whatever reason.

I would say that if you can't get out to demo's, just to read reviews and pick something within your budget that you like. In the end, its all about the rider. There isn't a board out there that is going to make you 100x better as soon as you strap in.
lij1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lij1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2011 at 11:15pm
i think the more important feature to have in a park board is a twin shape then anything
dizzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2011 at 8:17am
But what you do with a short and soft board on big kickers?
mollicap16 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2011 at 9:55am
Im thinking about getting a new board mainly for the park but also good to free ride on. Ive been snowboarding for 3 seasons now and im not looking to spend under 300 for a new board. Any suggestions?
Scotty68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scotty68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2011 at 3:45pm
@JBburton 18

to pull of them big kickers you would need speed would you not? so you would recommend him a slightly stiffer board for it and not a noodle. cause a noodle would give you less stability when speeding. sure you can do it but don't recommend it.

would you not want something that can absorb your landing on a rail? or would you rather have a stiff board to learn off of? you'd definitely whip out easier on a stiffer board.

just cause you did it doesn't mean it was right or everyone should learn it the harder way. there is preferences when you board. once you're a "pro" at it then any board will do. but there will be a better option to use still.
BurtonIsMyName View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote BurtonIsMyName Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2012 at 12:24pm
I would definitely lean towards a nice, flexy board. But that is if you are into jibbing and rails. If you are more into big airs, maybe something a little stiffer would fit your preference.
Local
Local

Quote JBburton 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2012 at 12:26pm
Why does this shit keep on getting brought back up with the same exact response.
KinkRider View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote KinkRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 9:40am
09 Ride Kink all the way!!! Light,good flex and amazing pop!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 9:46am
park board
Originally posted by KinkRider

09 Ride Kink all the way!!! Light,good flex and amazing pop!

Looking to get a new snowboard
Originally posted by KinkRider

Ride Kink!!!!! Light,good flex and amazing pop

You're not going to post this in every "Help me pick out a board" thread, are you?
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 10:27am
FWIW. if you need to even ask "how do i choose a park board?" or "what board for park" I'm thinking you should just stay out of the park until you learn more about yourself as a snowboarder.
Riders that usually ask these questions are 99.9% absolute noobs and couldn't tell you their preferences if their lives depended on it.

Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
coreyvuong View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote coreyvuong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 3:18pm
If i was 165 lbs and 5'9 with size 11 boots if i wanted a sierra stunt would it be better i got the 155? or the 153mw for park
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by coreyvuong

If i was 165 lbs and 5'9 with size 11 boots if i wanted a sierra stunt would it be better i got the 155? or the 153mw for park

153w for sure
scuba32steve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote scuba32steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 10:42am
you want a shorter board so it is easier to get rotations around and burton and ride boards are pretty good park boards
kschnapp View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kschnapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:29pm
burton custom is a beast board. get it u can get good deals on it and it is good for everything u can ask a board to do
kschnapp View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kschnapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:29pm
burton custom is a beast board. get it. u can get good deals on it and it is good for everything u can ask a board to do
jdude1357114 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote jdude1357114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2012 at 6:39am
I have a burton hero, it is really flexy and fun to play around with. You can literally butter around the mountain the whole time. It is reverse camber but it gets a lot of pop, almost like a cambered board. It rides equally switch and regular. Great park board you should really check it out.
ChuckJohns View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Dreams await..

Quote ChuckJohns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2012 at 3:52am
iv riden many boards including burton hero, pbj, flow, era, but my favorite had to be the capita horoscope. It was a perfect park board. Nice flex, great pop, easy to butter and press and still great on the jumps. I would recommend it to any park rider.
sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2012 at 1:04pm
you may want to rethink buying an all out park specific board unless you plan to spend 95% of your time there.   my hero is fun but charging on hard pack requires a mouthpiece & impact shorts
turbo-x View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote turbo-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 6:01am
My choice's are never summer revolver or Evo. Danny kass c2btx. Or park pickle. I got the Danny kass because I found it 50% off hard to bet that deal. All sweet park all mountian boards.
ak4u
ShredThePeak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredThePeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 6:09am
I have a burton hero for rails the thing flexes like a MOFO, but I just ordered a Ride Kink on Thursday. after 3 years of researching boards I figured that it suits my style and preferences the best. Flat Camber, Medium flex, park oriented, handles jumps and rails, doesn't have a "channel", and was cheap.
c_riley10 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote c_riley10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 9:08pm
any board with a decent amount of flex, when youre looking for a board online, in the description it should give you a rating of 1 to 10 on its flex. mine is 5 and i love it. also youll want some boots with flex or it will kill your feet and ive heard dc park boots arent very good
koyota93 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koyota93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by twelve

^ and if it says all mountain, don't you dare take that thing into the park! likewise with a pow board, don't even think about taking that thing all mountain!

F that. Burton Fish makes a great park board. Wink

Local
Local

Quote JBburton 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2012 at 8:51am
Originally posted by koyota93

This
turbo-x View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote turbo-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 7:17pm
I agree I own the super park boots and the ones with the pump like the old rebooks and both sucked. I love my vans matlock can ride all day and my feet never hurt great padding.
ak4u
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2012 at 8:47pm
JBburton: I dont know about you but I dont have the funds to have a pow, park, and all mountain board sitting at my house.
The one board I have manages pretty well in all those categories when Im in the mood.
Local
Local

Quote JBburton 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 8:30am
Originally posted by humblerooster

JBburton: I dont know about you but I dont have the funds to have a pow, park, and all mountain board sitting at my house.
The one board I have manages pretty well in all those categories when Im in the mood.

I've been on two boards the last 2-3 years, and they've done the job for me.  Quivers do make a difference, but like many people, I am not an endless bank account.  Last time I had 3 plus snowboards was like 4 years ago.  Ever since then, been doing just fine with what I got.  I'm sure I would do perfect with one as well, but its always fun to have something that feels and rides a bit different.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2012 at 10:42pm
Depends on your skill level which board would be good for the park. I personally am nothing special on the board so a nice soft reverse camber has helped me with my jibbing and pressing. Lots more fun than a stiff Burton twin I used to ride
Bonitis View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Bonitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2012 at 12:40pm
i have a Hero too, like it alot. Was thinking of selling it to get a never summer evo or arbor west mark. any opinions?
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 7:11am
I got the Ride Kink to replace my Burton Hero and the slime walls on the Kink make the board so much more forgiving and it can take a beating on rails and jibs.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by JBburton 18

Originally posted by koyota93

This

That! Was! Awesome! Dude rips. I'm getting a fish for park riding. It's clearly the only choice
mho223 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mho223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 6:44am
I generally go with a soft flex board, and its should be centered with a rocker
Local
Local

Quote JBburton 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2012 at 10:26am
why do people insist on reviving long dead threads with useless posts?  especially when they are just flat out wrong.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2012 at 11:39am
No idea, do people just look for the oldest post that they can find and post something completely ridiculous or something?
ajsnowboards View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ajsnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:06pm
If you want a board that can do any park feature from big air jumps,small jumps, and all kinds of jibs get the dc ply. just look who its backed by torstein horgmo who is arguably one of the best all around riders in the sport today.
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by ajsnowboards

If you want a board that can do any park feature from big air jumps,small jumps, and all kinds of jibs get the dc ply. just look who its backed by torstein horgmo who is arguably one of the best all around riders in the sport today.

+1 on this. Spent the 2nd half of my season with this board and loved everything i did with it. park, a little pow, groomers..great board!
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
nieve5552 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote nieve5552 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 1:44pm
Soft flex (soft torso and medium hard tail and nose would be good too), reverse camber, twintip and extruded base. Extruded bases are easier to fix AND are stronger than sintered bases so would be good for park. A lot of park specific boards come in extruded bases (which are also cheaper and sintered) so would be good to choose from those!
Local
Local

Quote JBburton 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by nieve5552

Soft flex (soft torso and medium hard tail and nose would be good too), reverse camber, twintip and extruded base. Extruded bases are easier to fix AND are stronger than sintered bases so would be good for park. A lot of park specific boards come in extruded bases (which are also cheaper and sintered) so would be good to choose from those!

Okay, bare with me.  It's this simple type of ignorance that just drives me absolutely CRAZY and puts me on these early morning rants.  First things first, there is NO SUCH THING as a PARK SPECIFIC board.  Remove that word (words) from your vocabulary.  You can take almost anything anywhere, and have a blast at the sime time.  Second, I know tons of people that prefer something firm, cambered, and sintered for park riding.  You can take the same shit to the stairset rails or the backcountry too.  DOESN'T MATTER.  If you blame the gear for why you can't do what you are trying to do, you should find something else to do.  It just shows laziness and an attempt to take the easy way out of everything.  Plus, you are missing out on the experimentation of trying new things in new places, which allows for variation making life exciting and ever changing.  Your loss.

Nothing is more annoying than ignorance and "advice" which covers the same overused and plain wrong generalization that everybody seems to be attatched to.  Think outside the box people.  The guys that are legends did not copy what someone else did.  They learned from other people's successes and failures and turned it into something that resembles a new distinct style/approach that is exclusive to that person.  As a result, they stand out from everyone else in the crowd.  Try these things.  They not only will make you better at what you do, but will also make life more exciting. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>