Local

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: fantasy football 2011-12
    Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 10:56am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Originally posted by Sintexo

Originally posted by wpiass

does anyone think it is poss to participate in a FF league without having to devote >1hr/wk to it?  just curious if i really have time for it or not.

Not if you actually want to be competitive at it.  Plus if you are already planning on spending less than an hour doing the research you may start off badly and lose interest quickly.  It can be done I suppose,  but if you aren't paying attention you are bound to play players are are hurt and don't perform well, or even play in some cases.

Haha this is kinda what I'm worried about.  Although I plan on def spending more than an hour, I've never played FF before, but I've always wanted to.  I'm not dumb enough to play players when they're injured, or when they have a bye week, etc.  I'm putting in the effort to do research, keep up with trades during this ridiculous week, and that whole deal.  I'm just new to the whole drafting strategies, and I'm worried that my team will suck haha.

Everyone has a first time, it really isn't that hard as long as you pay attention to your players who are either hurt or playing terrible and get replacements.  The thing is you can't wait 6 weeks to see if your OK receiver is going to get better, try and find that guy that is breaking out instead.
You really dont need to invest a lot of time, but you need to keep track of your players and make sure they are healthy.
If lucky, you are gonna be playing the same line up every week except on their bye weeks.
I hate people that dont even check their team and just leave bye-week players in their line up for that week.
That shiet messes up the whole league.
The only research to do once the league starts is to check out who in the FA list is starting to play like monsters.
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by jjfreak

does anyone think it is poss to participate in a FF league without having to devote >1hr/wk to it?  just curious if i really have time for it or not.

Not if you actually want to be competitive at it.  Plus if you are already planning on spending less than an hour doing the research you may start off badly and lose interest quickly.  It can be done I suppose,  but if you aren't paying attention you are bound to play players are are hurt and don't perform well, or even play in some cases.

Haha this is kinda what I'm worried about.  Although I plan on def spending more than an hour, I've never played FF before, but I've always wanted to.  I'm not dumb enough to play players when they're injured, or when they have a bye week, etc.  I'm putting in the effort to do research, keep up with trades during this ridiculous week, and that whole deal.  I'm just new to the whole drafting strategies, and I'm worried that my team will suck haha.

Everyone has a first time, it really isn't that hard as long as you pay attention to your players who are either hurt or playing terrible and get replacements.  The thing is you can't wait 6 weeks to see if your OK receiver is going to get better, try and find that guy that is breaking out instead.
You really dont need to invest a lot of time, but you need to keep track of your players and make sure they are healthy.
If lucky, you are gonna be playing the same line up every week except on their bye weeks.
I hate people that dont even check their team and just leave bye-week players in their line up for that week.
That shiet messes up the whole league.
The only research to do once the league starts is to check out who in the FA list is starting to play like monsters.

one problem with free leagues is people tend to forget or give up or not care, then it just becomes a circus
WOOHOO
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2011 at 1:01pm
im good any weekday as long as i know a head of time
WOOHOO
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 3:23am
Originally posted by woohoo123

im good any weekday as long as i know a head of time
Same here, any week day works for me.
Since we probably have some people from the west coast, I think 10pmish EST would be good for everyone.
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 5:05am
Toughest part about the fantasy draft is when guys hold out.  Chris Johnson, Frank Gore and Desean Jackson are all risky picks right now.  Then again, if they are still held out when your draft happens, you could get them in a later round.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 6:21am
Chris Johnson isnt a risky pick....He will still go top 5 regardless....
Never really liked Gore...dude never plays a full 16 game season....
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 8:19am
I tentatively changed the draft to wednesday aug 17 10pm EST so we could at least secure a weeknight slot just in case they all got occupied before we decided on a specific date.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 8:29am

Gore is a BEAST!  He single handedly helped me win two championships.  I think he did have one year in between those two that I didn't have him and he didn't do that great.

Also on the draft, you really want the draft 2 weeks before the final preseason game???  Someone is defintely getting screwed on that when their star player goes down in pre season game 3-4.

I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 8:38am
Thanks for the support guys, I guaranty I will be there all season.  Just make it a bigger league.  Why do we only want 10 people anyway?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 8:41am
Originally posted by BudAshes

Thanks for the support guys, I guaranty I will be there all season.  Just make it a bigger league.  Why do we only want 10 people anyway?

Basically because half our 16 team league last year stopped playing after week 5.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 8:43am
Originally posted by BudAshes

I don't think we'll need a bigger league anyway.  We have yet to here back from a few of the people in the league.

Also, DCC, my yahoo account seemed to have been hacked last week, so I'm trying to shy away from actually using that email, considering it was almost all spam anyway.  And I can't reply to the message from work because yahoo fantasy is blocked, so like CO said, just make sure you don't drop someone who is in here every day and hasn't responded to that message haha.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 10:29am

Gore is a BEAST!  He single handedly helped me win two championships.  I think he did have one year in between those two that I didn't have him and he didn't do that great.

Also on the draft, you really want the draft 2 weeks before the final preseason game???  Someone is defintely getting screwed on that when their star player goes down in pre season game 3-4.

Well, lat year, my friend that had Gore got screwed cause he stopped playing after week 11 or 12 or sumthing.
Thats when our fantasy league went into playoffs....pwned....haha
Well, everyone who plays fantasy football has their likes and dislikes of players....
For me, I never pick up Brees, Gore, and some others
Not saying they are not good, just saying I don't want them on my team....haha
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 10:56am

Well, lat year, my friend that had Gore got screwed cause he stopped playing after week 11 or 12 or sumthing.
Thats when our fantasy league went into playoffs....pwned....haha
Well, everyone who plays fantasy football has their likes and dislikes of players....
For me, I never pick up Brees, Gore, and some others
Not saying they are not good, just saying I don't want them on my team....haha

LOL funny, I had Brees and Gore the year I won my $950 championship, both of them very crutial to my teams success Big smile
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 12:02pm
yea frank gore has been a ff monster for some time now, just been injured time to time

so august 17th draft date for now?  that sounds good with me

i usually play 12 team leagues but in this case 10 would be good considering its inevitable some will stop playing mid season
WOOHOO
benjiradio View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 12:08pm
I'm looking to get into a 3rd league if anyone has an opening.  If not I'll probably join a public one before too long.  Oh and I don't quit......ever
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 12:28pm

Doin some mock drafts and must say I'm suprised at some of these player rankings. Should be interesting come draft day.

DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2011 at 2:02pm
i'll most likely just make it a 12 team league and let budashes and whoever else wanted in first before it filled up.  just waiting to see if one of the teams doesn't respond.  from my count just now, 8 teams have either responded in the league or in this thread ever since the time i asked for everyone to respond.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2011 at 4:05am
If they haven't confirmed their teams within a week...chances are they won't play every week.....get rid of em' now before its too late.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2011 at 4:09am
^Yep, agree with STRICK.
Maybe give the till Monday and kick them out if they havent responded in the League or this Thread.
They probably wont be active.
After kicking out people and other joining, if we need more room, then we can consider making it 12.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2011 at 8:27am
I'm definitely still interested if a spot opens up.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2011 at 9:01am
Anyone else think a certain receiver on a new team goes much earlier than expected?
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2011 at 10:56am
Originally posted by diviesti

Doin some mock drafts and must say I'm suprised at some of these player rankings. Should be interesting come draft day.

mock draft is interesting, but i find that every year place where players drafted is always different than where id put them
WOOHOO
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2011 at 11:16am
Do you guys feel there are fewer pay fantasy leagues this year?  Seems like everyone was afraid to pay with the lockout.
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2011 at 11:24am
Originally posted by carebear

Do you guys feel there are fewer pay fantasy leagues this year?  Seems like everyone was afraid to pay with the lockout.

what the hell does that have to do with anything?!?  sorry, but gotta call stupid post on ya
be talkin to ya
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2011 at 3:21pm

Originally posted by carebear

what the hell does that have to do with anything?!?  sorry, but gotta call stupid post on ya
+1 for wpiass, carebears post doenst make much sense...my only answer is they havent been created yet? haha, i mean the lockout just ended and who would have a pay league if they were unsure of a season even occurring till last week haha
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 3:07am
Well, I've had two drafts this yr and both times my internet quit on me.  Talk about insanely bad luck...........
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 5:27am
I am going to try to get all of the Eagles players that I can this year in fantasy football so if they do good than I will have to do good.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 5:47am
Originally posted by skyfooze

I am going to try to get all of the Eagles players that I can this year in fantasy football so if they do good than I will have to do good.

That sounds like a horrible strategy.  Two players on the other hand will prob do pretty well.

Anyone else think a certain receiver on a new team goes much earlier than expected?

And yea, I do have a feeling he's going to go much earlier than he previously was.  Probably upped the stock of one of his new teammates too.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 7:07am

Not sure if you are joking but you have to remember, even if they score 5 TD in a game, it doesn't mean the 3 players you have made any of them.  Plus if the entire team has a bad/low scoring week, your fantasy week is probably dead before half your roster has even played yet.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 9:03am

Not sure if you are joking but you have to remember, even if they score 5 TD in a game, it doesn't mean the 3 players you have made any of them.  Plus if the entire team has a bad/low scoring week, your fantasy week is probably dead before half your roster has even played yet.

The team that drafts all the players on their favorite team is almost always the team in last place. It is funny watching on draft day but it's never good for the league.
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 10:11am
I have had a team where majority of the team was packers, won the league...
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 10:12am
Originally posted by broys

The team that drafts all the players on their favorite team is almost always the team in last place. It is funny watching on draft day but it's never good for the league.

then again its always fun to have an "andre" in your league
jwb1987 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 2:32pm
This year is gonna be interesting. Lots of trades all happening at the same time. One im pissed about is The Bears trading Greg Olsen for a 3rd round pick from Carolina. Little dissapointed with that
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2011 at 4:04pm
"The League" season 3 coming out in Sept!!!
Cant wait!!!
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2011 at 2:51am
Freak:  what's the league...please elaborate?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2011 at 3:35am
Originally posted by STRICK-9

An awesome TV show, about fantasy football.

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2011 at 4:29am
Originally posted by Commissar

I have had a team where majority of the team was packers, won the league...

I'm willing to bet you didn't draft all those players though?  Especially since if that was your strategy you would have lost Grant, what like the second game of the season?
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2011 at 4:36am

STRICK, if you ahvent watched "The League" you gotta go dl it.....
show is maddd good...hahaha
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2011 at 7:22am
Any teams got kicked out of the SS/TS league yet? I'll be glad to fill the spot. I played last year and was active..even though my team sucked...
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2011 at 7:28am

STRICK, if you ahvent watched "The League" you gotta go dl it.....
show is maddd good...hahaha

http://www.hulu.com/watch/263147/the-league-resolution

awesome clip in regards to the NFL lockout ending from "The League" if you havent already seen it...cant wait for the new season to start haha
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 2:10am
thnx zabisket....will watch
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 6:24am
I'm putting together another league.  anyone looking for a Yahoo teams? 
-zakk

DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 7:49am
Commissar and woohoo, what's ur team name?  you two have been active in the thread so I want to check you two off, the teams that have checked in are:

DCC (DCC)
Strict-9 (Boardstiff)
Diviesti (Ron Mexico)
Sintexo (Sintexo)
Ctoma (SlappaHo Warriors)
jjfreak (jjfreak)
Commissar
woohoo

j5cain and mortoni is in the league but hasn't checked in yet.

Gonna give them till the end of today.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 7:58am

Missed me DCC

Duffmans Destroyers (CoMtnRider)
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 8:05am
Originally posted by zakk

I'm putting together another league.  anyone looking for a Yahoo teams? 

me
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 8:11am
Originally posted by DCC

Commissar and woohoo, what's ur team name?  you two have been active in the thread so I want to check you two off, the teams that have checked in are:

DCC (DCC)
Strict-9 (Boardstiff)
Diviesti (Ron Mexico)
Sintexo (Sintexo)
jjfreak (jjfreak)
Commissar
woohoo

j5cain and mortoni is in the league but hasn't checked in yet.

Gonna give them till the end of today.
Good. If they havent responded in the league nor the thread yet, they probably wont be active.
We gonna keep the scoring default to yahoo scoring system?
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 8:26am
my bad, so here are the checked in teams:

DCC (DCC)
Strick-9 (Boardstiff)
Diviesti (Ron Mexico)
Sintexo (Sintexo)
jjfreak (jjfreak)
CoMtnRider (Duffman Destroyers)

Teams not checked in or I don't know ur username/team name:
Mortoni
woohoo123 or Commisar (Donkey)??
j5cain

we'll decide league settings and stuff once we get the teams finalized.

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 8:36am
Originally posted by DCC

Teams not checked in or I don't know ur username/team name:
Mortoni
j5cain

Thus proving my instincts correct haha.  These were the two teams I had in mind when I mentioned people not being active.
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 11:44am
woops im team donkey
WOOHOO
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 8:08pm
DCC (DCC)
Strick-9 (Boardstiff)
Diviesti (Ron Mexico)
Sintexo (Sintexo)
jjfreak (jjfreak)
CoMtnRider (Duffman Destroyers)
woohoo123 (Donkey)

i'm gonna kick Mortoni and j5cain, funny how j5cain is the one who started this thread.  sorry you two but i gave everyone about a week to respond.  that shows ur lack of commitment.  budashes and broys, come and join.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 43>