Game of Thrones

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 6>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aussnow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aussnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game of Thrones
    Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 4:01am
Does anyone follow the game of thrones TV show?

Does anyone else believe that the stark house emblem is the perfect Sticker for a snowboard?

Feel free to discuss the show here...
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 4:04am
Idk about the logo, but I do watch this show, and I think it is great.

I started reading the books after the season ended.  I was real surprised how closely the show followed the first book.  Even though I already knew everything that happened, I still couldn't put the book down.
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 4:21am
Originally posted by aussnow

Does anyone follow the game of thrones TV show?

Does anyone else believe that the stark house emblem is the perfect Sticker for a snowboard?

Feel free to discuss the show here...

It would make an awesome sticker, but without the text.  You should let us know if you ever figure out where to score some.
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 4:50am
well one could ask that person on the forums who offers to make die cuts to make them. i reckon it'd be a pretty good deal too.

also. the show is great. although i was hoping there would be a slightly different end to season 1 than there was. but i don't want to say anything so as not to spoil it for people who have not seen it and wander in here.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:03am
Originally posted by namsapalooza

well one could ask that person on the forums who offers to make die cuts to make them. i reckon it'd be a pretty good deal too.

also. the show is great. although i was hoping there would be a slightly different end to season 1 than there was. but i don't want to say anything so as not to spoil it for people who have not seen it and wander in here.

You were hoping for a different ending from the book, or just from how it ended in general?  Cause the season one was almost exactly the same as book one.  There were only a few differences, and none of them really mattered for the plot (like in the book, one character told another character a story, but in the show it was told by someone else).
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:10am
I was amazed how similar the show was to the book. Both are awesome!
WINTER IS COMING!
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woohoo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 5:30am
first season was super boring, but thats just me.  i never read the book which ive heard that more action is coming in the future seasons.

so that is a plus
WOOHOO
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Sintexo

You were hoping for a different ending from the book, or just from how it ended in general? Cause the season one was almost exactly the same as book one. There were only a few differences, and none of them really mattered for the plot (like in the book, one character told another character a story, but in the show it was told by someone else).

I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but you know in the very last scene of the season there were three little critters? Secretly I was hoping it would turn into one critter with three heads. Much more awesome. I have not read the books, so this is unrelated to anything that goes on in the literature.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 6:36am
At first I didn't like it (maybe because I was watching it while doing other things on the computer) but my friend keeps raving about it so I watched it again. It is an amazing series it's kinda weird that they killed off a lot of the major players so early in the season. Any word on when season 2 is coming?

The sticker is sick, would be better without the word stark on it tho..
jason.huenefeld View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jason.huenefeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 7:19am
i have to wait till it becomes available on netflix.. i have heard great things about it!  and that sticker is sweet. i agree lose the stark. 
col10frank View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote col10frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 7:48am
i'm not that big on it
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 7:55am
imdb says season 2 will start april 15, 2012. so presumably next spring. it'll be a long wait.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 8:02am
its a good series definetly a good one. although sparticuis is a better series imo
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 8:03am
I watched the series, and loved it.  I picked up the books and have started reading them, but I'm having a tough time finding time to plow through these page-heavy monsters!  Loving how true to the books the series was, though, and I hope it stays that way.
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 8:06am
great series to watch, didn't realize it was a book though. how many are there in the book series?
Xhaustin View Drop Down
Educator
Educator

Quote Xhaustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 8:10am
awesome series... It can only get better, from what I hear of the books
D_omega View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote D_omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 8:16am
The King Of The North! I cant wait for Season 2 to come out. The first season was killer.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 8:18am
Originally posted by kel

great series to watch, didn't realize it was a book though. how many are there in the book series?

Five published with two more to come.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 8:55am
And only the first book is called A Game of Thrones.  The series is called A Song of Ice and Fire.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 1:34pm
still got 2 episodes i have to finish up the season, such an awesome show
trosy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote trosy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 1:42pm
Hopefully, it doesn't take him another five years to write the next book.  I'm not sure if I can take that type of wait.

Originally posted by VermontRider

Originally posted by kel

RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 1:49pm

Love this show, got the box set of the books but haven't had time to read it yet. 

Tyrion imo was the best.

jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 2:23pm
pretty good series to watch, didnt bother to read teh book though. dont feel like reading at all after school ended 
gamelessx25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gamelessx25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 7:23pm
Haha, my best friend is trying to get me hooked on this show. I'm like.. I ain't watching it till it's all done... I hate waiting for new eps!

For those that wanted this as a sticker. Here's a 6 x 6 inch TGA file that you can download and send to odylrules(sp) for a die cut.

www.jackyin.net/random/Stark_GOT_Pic_No_Text.tga
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by gamelessx25

Haha, my best friend is trying to get me hooked on this show. I'm like.. I ain't watching it till it's all done... I hate waiting for new eps!

Season 1 is done btw, so you can watch it now. No point for waiting until the show is done since they are still casting people for season 2.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gamelessx25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 7:36pm
Yah, but I'd be waiting for S2 episodes !
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2011 at 9:39pm
my dad told me this show kicks ass
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 3:44am
Originally posted by woohoo123

first season was super boring, but thats just me.  i never read the book which ive heard that more action is coming in the future seasons.

so that is a plus
That's the first time I've heard that.  I really liked the first season, and it definitely does seem like the storyline is still building up.  The blonde girl who has the dragons is kind of hot, but her body is sort of oddly shaped.  I still appreciate the nudity, though.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 3:57am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

so that is a plus
That's the first time I've heard that.

definitely the first time ive heard anyone say that...dont know if you will like much more of the show if you didnt like the first season though...still blows my you found it boring, i could understand if you didnt like it but dont see how you could find it boring haha
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 4:08am

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 4:19am
Haha vermont those were pretty sweet.

I dunno if you can embed college humor or not, but my roommate showed me this one.
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 11:36am
Originally posted by jenni

pretty good series to watch, didnt bother to read teh book though. dont feel like reading at all after school ended 

you're missing out.  the books provide a LOT of little details that make the show even more interesting.  There's a lot of back story that ends up having to take a back seat to the primary storylines that are just as fascinating.
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 11:53am

Yah, but I'd be waiting for S2 episodes !

Well if your waiting for the series to be done done, don't bother since the books aren't even done yet and HBO said as long as there are books they will keep on continuing the show.

jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 1:10pm
I have watched a couple of eps of this series. Theres always so much nudity! gotta love it, lol
Killing.. gore.. only thing its missing is fast cars and some explosions.

The storyline is suppose to be really good, but I've got ADD and just can't follow along =p
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2011 at 9:50pm
wow 7 books total.. that would be an awesome series. The production value is amazing, the budget seems massive.  How the hell does HBO do it with all these amazing shows?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 3:52am
^I actually had no idea that there were books, but that's great news.  I was guessing it would be 2-3 seasons tops, but I'm all for 7+ seasons.  I love that show.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 4:21am
well the ratings still have to be high enough in order for HBO to want to renew the show. so the material it's based on is not the only thing that's going to affect how long the show will be on. be sure to keep watching and HBO will gladly renew :)
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 10:52am
finally finished the first season...awesome.. cant wait to pick up the books soon to keep me busy between filming seasons
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woohoo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 12:30pm
is the leader of that tribe the same guy who is playing conan?
WOOHOO
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 1:54pm

Yes, Jason Momoa who played Drogo will be the next conan as well.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gamelessx25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 10:15pm
Hmm, you guys are making me want to watch this series with so much hype. Question... Is it better than Angel / Buffy?
DanShredder View Drop Down
Local
Local
my new goggles and helmet from Sierra

Quote DanShredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2011 at 10:30pm

Hmm, you guys are making me want to watch this series with so much hype. Question... Is it better than Angel / Buffy?

personally I'd say that it totally blows angel/buffy out of the water. Game of Thrones is already position number 4 on imdb.com for best tv show.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2011 at 6:00am
^Nothing is better than Buffy the Vampire Slayer with the possible exception of Ally McBeal, but Game of Thrones is still worth watching.
jeremy86 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jeremy86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2011 at 6:10am
Its definitely one of the top 3 shows in my list. The only downside is now I gotta wait for another 8 months for season 2...

Kinda itching to wanna read the book, but at the same time don't want any spoiler...
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2011 at 6:10am
Originally posted by RedLego

Yes, Jason Momoa who played Drogo will be the next conan as well.

hahah when i first read that question i was thinking conan o'brien hahahaha, but yea as redlego said he is the same guy...good choice for it, just dont think i have any interest in seeing the new one in theathers
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2011 at 9:50am
Originally posted by jeremy86

Its definitely one of the top 3 shows in my list. The only downside is now I gotta wait for another 8 months for season 2...

Kinda itching to wanna read the book, but at the same time don't want any spoiler...

I think you should read the books if your into the series. I bought the set, the show does follow the book but the book is way more detailed.

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2011 at 9:53am
Originally posted by RedLego

Originally posted by jeremy86

I think you should read the books if your into the series. I bought the set, the show does follow the book but the book is way more detailed.

Agreed.  I'm just about done with the second book.  Shit gets intense!  The book adds a lot more backstory, and gives certain characters much more depth.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gamelessx25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2011 at 1:36pm
Are the book series all completed? Or is it like Harry Potter where she's completing them years apart?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2011 at 1:40pm

Are the book series all completed? Or is it like Harry Potter where she's completing them years apart?

So I guess on top of google, reading the thread is out of the question as well?

Originally posted by VermontRider

Originally posted by kel

And the author is a he by the way.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gamelessx25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2011 at 6:31am
It's be a boring ass world if everyone just goggled everything they didn't know and had no conversations =), count me out lol and the points is a bonus!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>