Game of Thrones

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game of Thrones
    Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 10:36am
Originally posted by haiv143

I had a feeling she'll get her dragon to kill the slave master. She was so obsessed with her dragons in the last season and there's no way she'll let it go. I like the ending of ep3 though. Thoroughly socked that Jamie's hand got chopped off. Epic!
Jaime's hand getting chopped was so farking insane....
I love this show cause everything is so unpredictable.....They just kill people off left and right
I haven't watched epi 4 yet, but heard Jaime wears his hand around his neck or sumthing? haha

PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 10:38am
The end dragon scene with the unsullied was pretty bad ass. Probably the only reason I have HBO is for GOT, this series is seriously the best I've ever seen. 

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 11:10am
I have all the episodes but still haven't gotten around to watching it yet....everyone keeps yelling at me for not watching it yet too.  LOL  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I have all the episodes but still haven't gotten around to watching it yet....everyone keeps yelling at me for not watching it yet too.  LOL  

Probably should clear a few hours of your free time for when you decide to. After 2 episodes you'll be hooked and won't stop until there is no more episodes. Same thing has happened to every one I know anyway.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 12:21pm
Just like other sequels, they all have a book and a nice storyline to it. Too bad I hate reading or else I would have bought and read the books for this show
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by diviesti

Probably should clear a few hours of your free time for when you decide to. After 2 episodes you'll be hooked and won't stop until there is no more episodes. Same thing has happened to every one I know anyway.
Aside from the awesome storyline, the T&A helps also....haha
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 12:57pm
last episode was killer, things are really starting to pick up now. i knew daenerys wasnt going to part with her dragon but didnt expect it to go down like that. epic.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 8:38am
Originally posted by madsnake

last episode was killer, things are really starting to pick up now. i knew daenerys wasnt going to part with her dragon but didnt expect it to go down like that. epic.

Agreed.. I was in the same boat.. as soon as she started speaking the language i knew shit was about to hit the fan for the head Slaver.  Is it Sunday yet?
MOAR powderz plz!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 9:09am
So, I keep hearing about this show.  I tried watching an episode (came in the middle of one) a while back, but had no idea what was going on.
My sister got me the entire first season for my BDay, so i'm pretty excited to get started.

Edit: One of my buddies read the books, so he kind of gave me the low down on what it was all about.  (not just a show i mean)
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 9:53am
Apparently the Throne of Swords replica is available to buy for a cool $30,000

haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 11:32am
Originally posted by jjfreak

I had a feeling she'll get her dragon to kill the slave master. She was so obsessed with her dragons in the last season and there's no way she'll let it go. I like the ending of ep3 though. Thoroughly socked that Jamie's hand got chopped off. Epic!
Jaime's hand getting chopped was so farking insane....
I love this show cause everything is so unpredictable.....They just kill people off left and right
I haven't watched epi 4 yet, but heard Jaime wears his hand around his neck or sumthing? haha

Yup, he's weaing his hand. That ending got me wanting to get by the week as fast as I could. I'm still in awe it happened. Super stoked for ep. 5
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

So, I keep hearing about this show.  I tried watching an episode (came in the middle of one) a while back, but had no idea what was going on.
My sister got me the entire first season for my BDay, so i'm pretty excited to get started.

Edit: One of my buddies read the books, so he kind of gave me the low down on what it was all about.  (not just a show i mean)
Heard the book is good, but so hard to keep track of the characters (since there are so many)
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 11:54am
This is a type of show that u have to start from the beginning. If u watch it in the middle, it is not a surprise that u will be totally lost. I would definitely recommend ppl watch the whole show, especially from the beginning, aka 1 season
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:52am
I've been watching since episode 1 and I still have no idea what's going on. Hahaha!!
It seems like winter has been coming since the first season. The Winter Walkers were the only reason I started watching the show.... and I'm STILL waiting for them to make a decent cameo. At least the dragon queen is worth watching.
I break balls.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:59am
She's the Mother of Dragons.. I could definitely handle being the Father of Dragons...
MOAR powderz plz!
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 7:06am
C4. You should read the wiki articles on the series. It may be a spoiler for you but itll help clarify whos who and their reltionship to other characters. The dvd box also has a nice little family tree to connect everyone. I had trouble figuring out who was who because a lot if names were similar. I used subtitles for a bit also to try and decipher what name was being stated. It might help you understand whats going on in the series.
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 7:21am
The names really are confusing. I know most of the main characters and I've tried looking up who's who and what their family tree makeup is, but the graphs I've seen didn't have pictures of the character (only their names). Subtitles is a good idea too. Lots of times I have a hard time understanding what is said. 
I break balls.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 8:41am
I use subtitles and it helps a lot. I feel as if this season they are just trying to put even more story lines than before. Way too much quantity and not enough quality.. It's like the storytelling has taken a back seat to the attempt of epic ness and grandeur in every scene.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 9:46am
Probably because they split the third book into two seasons, so they have twice as many episodes to fit the same amount of story.

But honestly, the way they are doing it is the style the books were written.  I'm a little worried about how they do books 4 and 5, seeing as they are not in chronological order.  That is, book 4 only deals with half of the characters over a certain time frame, then the first two-thirds of book 5 deal with the other half over the same time period, while the last third of the book the time frames meet again and they discuss all of the characters again.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 11:02am
Ya, the names are confusing cuz there are so many characters to keep track of, I couldn't tell u 4 names, but I recognize their face and role in the show. Winter walkers are awesome, I do wish they are shown more
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 11:20am

I think they're gonna build the story up and in the last season, all the major parties will collide at war....that would be pretty awesome....

Is the book finished?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 11:34am
No he has yet to finish the 6th or 7th books.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Ya, the names are confusing cuz there are so many characters to keep track of, I couldn't tell u 4 names, but I recognize their face and role in the show. Winter walkers are awesome, I do wish they are shown more

There are even have giants! I'd like to see them in action. And what's up with the old guy and his 100s of daughter? killing his baby boys and all. did I miss something?
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 10:21pm
  it was explained in the last season but he gives up his sons to the white walkers so they leave him and his daughters/wives alone.  
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 6:34am
^^^ Glad that dude's dead now. Hopefully next in line is King Joffrey. Little twerp.
I break balls.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 6:35am
Originally posted by C4

^^^ Glad that dude's dead now. Hopefully next in line is King Joffrey. Little twerp.

i want him to get torched by a dragon
MOAR powderz plz!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 1:40pm

I think their faces all look the same so I think I'll have trouble figuring out who is who just by looking at their faces.  LOL
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 3:49pm
That's cuz ur azn and all white ppl look the same to you, haha :p just like how white ppl think all azns look the same :-(
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 4:51pm
^  Haha, I guess so.  LOL  But even out of costume, they still all look alike too.  LOL
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 9:21pm
I'm surprised how fast the younger characters grew between each season. It feels as if the series grow with you.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 9:19am
Well it does make sense to cast people to play the right age for the character unlike how other shows have like 30 year old playing high school students.  LOL
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by MTpow

Originally posted by C4

i want him to get torched by a dragon
That would be a good idea. I think one of the Stark kids should collect his head and put it on display like he did to their father. THAT would be even better.
I break balls.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 5:23pm

Well it does make sense to cast people to play the right age for the character unlike how other shows have like 30 year old playing high school students.  LOL
Lol, good point. but most of the shows are still like that. I guess finding talented young actors are really hard.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 6:26pm

Lol, good point. but most of the shows are still like that. I guess finding talented young actors are really hard.

wait, so they're using different actors for the same character just so it looks like the character is aging as the show goes on?? I definitely didn't know that, I thought they were the same actors?
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 7:02pm

wait, so they're using different actors for the same character just so it looks like the character is aging as the show goes on?? I definitely didn't know that, I thought they were the same actors?

Haha no, they're the same actors going through growth spurts.  We're just saying how other shows cast much older people to play young kids.  
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 6:01am
Tyrion gets Sansa Stark and Cersei's being sent off with Lord Baelish Loras. HAHA mark up another win for the small one!!  Wonder how this will play out if it actually does...

annndd the flaming sword fight was pretty awesome too.

edit: fixed for accuracy
MOAR powderz plz!
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 6:59am
^^^ Hahahaha! The little guy has quite the life. Although I thought him settling down with his hussy girlfriend was a good change of pace.

What was the deal with the guy that died in the sword fight? Whole bunch of witchery going on.
I break balls.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 7:19am

Tyrion gets Sansa Stark and Cersei's being sent off with Lord Baelish.. HAHA mark up another win for the small one!!  Wonder how this will play out if it actually does...

I thought he told Cersei she had to marry Loras (that relationship will have a lot of sex...)?  Either way I'm pretty sure its different from the book.  I think in the book he told her she was marrying a Tyrell brother they didn't bother to write into the show.

The flaming sword fight was definitely pretty sweet.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Sintexo

Tyrion gets Sansa Stark and Cersei's being sent off with Lord Baelish.. HAHA mark up another win for the small one!!  Wonder how this will play out if it actually does...

I thought he told Cersei she had to marry Loras (that relationship will have a lot of sex...)?  Either way I'm pretty sure its different from the book.  I think in the book he told her she was marrying a Tyrell brother they didn't bother to write into the show.

The flaming sword fight was definitely pretty sweet.

Ah.. just went back and re-read.. you are correct.  I was clearly confused but this pairing is equally interesting.. considering Loras is more interested in doods.  Sansa will probably leave with Baelish now for sure.
MOAR powderz plz!
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 8:41am
I've heard that they were splitting the third book into two seasons, however at the rate theyre going, I'm led to believe that this season will be most of book 3, and next season will probably be the end of 3 and some of 4/5, depending on how they deal with the way that Martin split those books up.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 1:17pm
I was gonna say, that's weird if the actors kept changing, that's be so tedious for the cast and confusing for the public. A different actor playing the king every season, haha
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 4:35am
^ Yeah, I'm having trouble following names too. Too many characters with strange names featured in a few minutes in each episode. It's easy to know what they look like and do but I can not remember all of their names. aside from that John Snow got laid! lol
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 9:55pm
Haha, all u remember is that John Snow got laid? That's funny, what about all the other characters getting laid :-)
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 10:55pm

Haha, all u remember is that John Snow got laid? That's funny, what about all the other characters getting laid :-)
Yes but it was a momentous occasion for John Snow. We are all celebrating for him. 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 12:08pm
Haha, do u have game of throne parties? After this week, I'm getting a bunch of classmates together to have a Gof party cuz we all stayed away from this season so far
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 7:38pm
^^ Do you guys play GoT games while you're at it? Like the one where if a person die you take a drink. Sex = a beer, and etc? Those are fun even though I'm a horrible drinker.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 8:57pm
nope, I can't say I've done that before. It actually doesn't sound fun to me, haha. Sorry
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2013 at 2:47pm
These episodes are burning through the 3rd book pretty fast, figured the season would end on something approaching pretty fast but not looking like it. 
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2013 at 4:43am
I've only seen up to the 6th youtube clip. This is very interesting if you're new to GoT. It depicts the history and interesting facts about the show. LINK

Anyone watched the latest episode? Climbing the wall of ice?
Did everyone die after the ice avalanche? seems like only a few survived?

GAAHHHUUUHHHH! the Theon torturing scene. lol
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2013 at 5:49am
Originally posted by diviesti

These episodes are burning through the 3rd book pretty fast, figured the season would end on something approaching pretty fast but not looking like it. 

That's what I originally thought as well, but I think that might end up happening in episode 9.  Assuming we're talking about the same thing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>