Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote skyfooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biking
    Posted: Aug/12/2011 at 1:56am
This thread is fir all bikers out there. Mainly for road biking but also mountain biking and trick biking? What kind of bike do you have? Where do you ride? How much did your bike cost?
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2011 at 3:26am
Don't know a lot about bikes, but my friend (who does know bikes) recently helped me buy a used Gary Fisher off craiglist for $150.
He told me they make pretty good bikes.
It's a hybrid. Wheels are a bit fatter than road bikes, but its really light.
Started riding in parks and around the neighborhood for exercise....nothing crazy or long distance
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2011 at 3:27am
i have a giant road bike and i just got done restoring an old tandem bike. 1971 huffy! mettalic purple and lime green! looks awesome
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2011 at 3:32am
aussnow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote aussnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2011 at 4:19am
I have an avanti Quantum 1.0 bought it for $1300 australian
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2011 at 5:08am
Originally posted by spenser

there is a biking thread, doodz.

Yeah, problem with that is it's the mtn biking thread.
OP should of made this the "road biking" thread, not the trick biking, mtn biking, biking thread.

Do we really need so many specific bike threads?
Probably not, should of just had one bicycle thread in the first place. Am I kinda excited about this thread? Yeah, a little bit. I don't mtn bike anymore and have gotten pretty big into road biking, was kinda hoping for this thread to happen, but didn't want to start it, as in the end I realize how pointless it is to have all these specific bicycle threads.
But at the same time...is it pointless? With some of the threads out there that are on page 100+ why knock down this one?
Meh...I don't really care either way, I just woke up and have some cleaning to do. I will say, again, I would love to see this be the road biking only thread though....if you want mtn biking, click on the link spencer provided above.....

Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2011 at 6:22am
Annnyways, with all that being said, I gots a few bikes Big smile

As mentioned many times before, I live in central Ohio, so not much use for a Mtn. bike.
A few years ago I picked up my prize and joy, a 2006 Specialized Allez Sport. Since then I have converted all brakes, derailleurs and bottom bracket to shimano 105. Replaced my crank arms to ultegra along with taking it from a triple ring up front, to a double, rims to a set of mavic aksium race's and rocking a 6 year old pair of crank brothers egg beater pedals.
 As for price on that...man I dunno, there was a period of my life when my ex threw me out that I would go to the bar for a few hours, and my local bike shop is right next to the bar..hmmmm....hahha. Bought the bike new for about 1100, the wheel set was around 350, ultegra cranks were 200, and all the 105 cost me about 200 as well. I probably have spent close to 600 or so over the years on tires....so total price? A lot. more than I should have, but totally worth it.

Yeah, I know, rocking the mtn. bike pedals on a road bike...that's just how I roll...Ermm
About 4 years ago I repainted the frame and wheels. Will post pictures of it later, my camera crapped out on me...there is a picture of it hiding in the "what do you drive" thread...

Also have a steel fixie, have no idea what kind of frame, bought it from a friend already stripped down, but it's fun as hell, along with a Fuji Carbon Concept Team issue racer..but it has a crack in the frame Cry an all steel trek tourer, and a motobecane le champion...but that one is stripped down and in the middle of the paint process....

will try to get some pictures up tonight, or tomorrow, as soon as I can figure out my phone..

timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2011 at 5:28pm
mtn biking and road biking are extremely different in regards to riding styles and terrain so there should be two seperate threads if the mtn biking thread is gonna remain so specific
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote skyfooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2011 at 12:09am
I went on a 36 mile bike ride the other day just on a regular montano bike and I gelt good.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2011 at 12:08pm
Finally got my phone figured out a little bit, so got some new pictures. Still got to get my other 2 frames built, but got these for now...

steel fixie, still not sure of frame...

my favorite, the 2006 allez with custom paint and many upgrades...

close up of paint...

the fuji carbon team edition...with the crack in the frame Cry Thinking about slapping a seat and pedals back on it for a ride tonight though. I mean...the frame is already cracked, can't mess it up any more at this point...

And two of my steel trek touring bike. Probably the classiest bike in my line up to date. Smile

panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 5:17am

i recently bought a jamis sputnik, i have it set up as a single speed right now, i'm pretty stoked about it, it's a great bike, and i thought 1 gear would be trouble after mountain biking and road biking for years, but it's actually a lot of fun.
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote skyfooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 6:09am
I was looking at carbon finer bikes online the other day and he are all over a thousand dollars.
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 11:51am
Originally posted by skyfooze

I was looking at carbon finer bikes online the other day and he are all over a thousand dollars.

So?  A season pass to your mountain could run you a thousand bucks and you get more than a couple months out of a bike.  You gotta pay to play, man.  Or you could just buy used.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by fishkur

Or you could just buy used.

Agreed that if you want that level of bike, a grand isn't a ton of money new. I also, personally, would never buy a carbon framed bike used.
I have a hard enough time wanting to buy a used full carbon front fork. Only way I would buy used is if I knew the person really well that I was buying the bike off of. For instance, my fuji carbon bike has a crack in the frame, but unless you knew it was there, you would be hard pressed to actually find it. You don't want to drop that kind of cash unless it comes with a warranty.

As to the comment above about how much a single speed bike turned out to be fun...totally agree. I was hesitant about getting a fixie, but am in love now. Never will give up my geared bikes, as I like gears better...but they are a blast to ride.

Went on a 48 mile ride last night. Sore as hell. Felt good to get those miles in, but really feeling it today. We had a few people cramp up during the ride...that was fun Ermm but overall was a great time.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by panther

i recently bought a jamis sputnik, i have it set up as a single speed right now, i'm pretty stoked about it, it's a great bike, and i thought 1 gear would be trouble after mountain biking and road biking for years, but it's actually a lot of fun.

Oh, and jamis makes some amazing bikes. Really wish I had one in my lineup.

Question man...you planning on keeping those bull bars that length..or you going to shorten them? I know everyone has their own style, and comfort level...but damn those things look long from here!
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by batmanwest

Originally posted by panther

Oh, and jamis makes some amazing bikes. Really wish I had one in my lineup.

Question man...you planning on keeping those bull bars that length..or you going to shorten them? I know everyone has their own style, and comfort level...but damn those things look long from here!

yeah, i've definitely thought about it.  the bars and the long fork steerer look a little goofy, i might cut them down.  i bought the bike off a guy on craigslist, and he had custom stuff on it, so i'm kind of just riding it to see how i want to chop it down a little.  
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 6:41pm
yeah, from the look of it, and this is my judgement from just a picture on the webs, but looks like about 3 to 4 inches off those bar ends would work nice. Also judging from how the frame looks....looks to be a 54? and from how high you have the seat post up, you are what...around 5'8"?
From how long those bull bars are, and frame stretch, and everything you have going on there, for you to reach all the way to the end of those bars would be crazy. Almost boarder line aero bars! Just wrap your hand around the strait part of the bar end, just after the curve, mark where the bar comes out of your hand, and cut it off at that point.

Also..any thought of getting a "flip flop" hub for that thing?
Spenser W. View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by fishkur

So?  A season pass to your mountain could run you a thousand bucks and you get more than a couple months out of a bike.  You gotta pay to play, man.  Or you could just buy used.

Season pass where I ride is $250.  And a lot of nice road bikes are SEVERAL thousand.  Like you could buy a car instead.

+1 on buying used though.  I just ride an old hand-me-down Motobecane from the late 70s.  It weighs like a million pounds, but hey, that just means its a better workout right?
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 8:45pm
^^+1 internets for all that^^

if you don't want to spend over a grand, stay out of the carbon world. If you are just a casual rider, or don't race, stay away from carbon..there really is no reason to blow the money. Yeah, I have one, but I'm a bike snob, and got a wicked deal on it

now titanium....that is a different story LOL god I wish i had the money to blow on some colnago titanium...so pretty.

but really though, if you want something light, for a great price, look into some higher end aluminum frames, used, and then source all the parts you can used as well. Might take a month or two of daily web trolling, but the hundreds you can save to get a really sick, decked out bike is worth it.
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2011 at 10:35pm
i found an old school khs steel road bike awhile back, a great fixer upper rides like a dream
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 4:48am

yeah, from the look of it, and this is my judgement from just a picture on the webs, but looks like about 3 to 4 inches off those bar ends would work nice. Also judging from how the frame looks....looks to be a 54? and from how high you have the seat post up, you are what...around 5'8"?
From how long those bull bars are, and frame stretch, and everything you have going on there, for you to reach all the way to the end of those bars would be crazy. Almost boarder line aero bars! Just wrap your hand around the strait part of the bar end, just after the curve, mark where the bar comes out of your hand, and cut it off at that point.

Also..any thought of getting a "flip flop" hub for that thing?

close.  it's a 55, i'm about 5'10", and i ride the seat a little low just because i do a lot of stop and go around town.  i most ride the straight part of the bar, like a mountain bike or hybrid, and reach out to the top of the bars for braking, thats about it.  i might cut them right where that first bend is, probably about 3 inches, but we'll see.  every time i look at the bike, i think it looks like they should be chopped, but then i get on a ride, and its not uncomfortable, so i guess i don't worry about it too much.

it does have a flip flop hub, right now i just have it with a freewheel on it.  it came with a 20t surly cog on the fixed gear side, which is to slow.  he gave me the original 16t cog, i just haven't put it on yet, but i am planning to one of these days when i have a bit more time.
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 5:15am

Even though I do ride both road and mtn bike, I really think there needs to be two separate threads.  I have an old Fuji Road bike that cost around $1k new, and have slowly improved the components of it over the year (when the old ones aren't working right or I have found a few extra $$ burning a hole in my pocket).

I ride with a friend that has a bike worth over $5k. His is pretty and probably feels and shifts better than mine does, mine still gets me from point A to point B just fine and usually in around the same time frame as him.  If you get the worth out of a used free or $100 bike, that's awesome.  If you get the worth out of your $5k bike, good for you.  If you enjoy doing what you love, why not spend money on it.

I am loving this thread.  I haven't biked in a while (about 3-4 weeks) since I'm training for a run and really focusing on that right now.  I'm hoping to get back in the saddle after my big run, by the end of the month...
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote skyfooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2011 at 3:59am
My dad got a carbon fiber Cervelo for about a thousand dollars used. Which is I pretty good deal.
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2011 at 5:12am
Just saw the tail end of an accident involving a bicycle and a vehicle... Thankfully a garbage truck was blocking my view of the actual accident.  I am not sure what happened, but it appeared as if the bicycle was going along when a car pulled out of a side street to look if the road was clear (side street did have a stop sign) and hit the biker.  I'm not sure if he was traveling the correct way (with the flow of cars) or not.... The biker appeared to be okay.
What surprised me is that there was someone with a fairly nice bike with NO HELMET!!!!  Please be smart when riding your bike.  Be aware of your surroundings and wear proper equipment to ensure you're as safe as you can be.  Wear a helmet and turn on lights especially when biking at night.
This has me a little freaked out because this is my normal time and route into work... It could've just as easily been me. Ouch 
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2012 at 5:46am
Anyone been out riding lately?
I have been on my mountain bike on the trails and road bike inside on a trainer.  I got some great new tires for Christmas, but haven't put them on my bike as of yet, waiting for the weather become more consistent for me to be on the road.  I don't want to wear them prematurely on the trainer.
I am hoping to get out on my road bike this weekend with my husband (may have some child care over the weekend, gotta capitalize on it).  I also have Monday off due to President's Day.  I am hoping to get an hour ride in with my youngest kid in a trailer.  She is getting heavy, so I'm going to plan as F.L.A.T. a ride as possible.  It is going to be difficult to haul 40+ extra lbs up a hill.
I am training for the Seattle to Portland bike ride (mid July), which will be 204 miles from race start to finish over the course of two days (about 1/4 of the riders finish within a day).  For us, it'll be about 102+ miles of riding the first day and 110+ miles of riding on the second day.  I am so looking forward to it, as it's something I've wanted to do for a long time.  I just hope it's as memorable as I'm hoping.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2012 at 11:25am
I ride a schwinn fixed gear it's a old junker that i converted,got it back during 10 from craigslist for 50 bucks..now it's sitting alone in the garage
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2012 at 11:46am
i seriously don't understand the biking without a helmet thing, its like really? asphalt is soft or something.. guess i missed the memo 
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2012 at 12:23pm
I ride an entry level GT aggressor mtn. bike. Something to hit the dirt trails at Golden Gate Park and any easy dirt trails. I'd like to finally hit up N* or Kirkwood and check out their mtn. biking terrain. Maybe rent a downhill mtn. bikeShocked
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2012 at 12:45pm
If anyone out there has a tri bike there trying to get rid of PM me. Im doing my first half ironman this summer and I still need a bike. Im really not looking to spend that much tops would be about 700. Im a f you have anything or any guideness it would be much appreciated. Thanks
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2012 at 12:52pm
I am riding in my first duathalon in early April.  I am just going to use my road bike.  I think it's crazy going all out on a different type of bike.  I will be putting caged pedals on my bike.  Currently I have clipless pedals and I don't want to switch shoes...
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2012 at 12:50pm
Got a 20 mile+ bike ride in today with my husband... All in all a good ride.
I did, however, have a close encounter with a vehicle.  There was a right and left bike lane stripe as there was bike parking on the right side of the bike lane (traffic on the left).  Anyway, I was riding on the right side of the bike lane, basically on the right stripe, when a car came past me with his wheel over the left bike stripe  I'm not sure if he didn't see me or if he was trying to be a jerk. 

My husband was in front of me, so I yelled at him to get on the sidewalk.  I thought he was swerving to try to scare hit my husband.... The car was pulling in front of me and ended up turning into a driveway between us.

Anyway, scary few seconds that definitely put a bad point on the bike ride.
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2012 at 1:12pm
I had a mountain bike for a while but traded it in for a nice fixed gear bike and loving it so far! Anyone else out there have fixed gear?
Nick View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2012 at 11:07pm
Actually JUST picked up my first road bike today. Big smile It's an '87 Panasonic DX3000. Steel frame, yeah, but the thing is freaking LIGHT compared to any other bikes I've ridden or the ones my friends have. Starting training to eventually do a trip from here (Lodi, CA) to Santa Cruz.
I'm here for the point, not the points.
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Nick

Actually JUST picked up my first road bike today. Big smile It's an '87 Panasonic DX3000. Steel frame, yeah, but the thing is freaking LIGHT compared to any other bikes I've ridden or the ones my friends have. Starting training to eventually do a trip from here (Lodi, CA) to Santa Cruz.

Hella cool! I'm building a steel '82 Pana Sport. Once I get through hell week (midterms) I'll be posting some photos. Thumbs Up
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2012 at 7:37pm
So I promised some pictures:

I guess you can consider this a starting point.

Stock parts from 1982.

It'll take some time before I master these bad boys. Sorry about some sideways pictures, I'm fighting w/imgur's editing software.Tongue

Primer

Two coats in. A little preview of the finish. 

So that's really where I am now. Accent painting is coming, mostly blacks, some pinks. Black bars tape and saddle. Pink brake line covers and gum wall tire to make it my own. 

I'm excited!
Nick View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2012 at 10:01pm
Lookin' good shooey! Thumbs Up Been really thinking about painting mine, but all the accents on it have randomly worked. Even down to the lock I just bought for it. Didn't even realize it until after I put it on, haha.

Got a picture of mine! Big smile

Ol' '87 Panasonic DX3000. Got new handlebar wraps, lock, and a hand-me-down saddle from a friend. Want to get a different one, but this one's working fine right now. Had to replace the front tire since it had a huge hole down to the tube when I got it, but it's been a good pickup since. Got it for $170, and threw $40 into it fixing it all up and it's all good to ride now. Nice and light too. Definitely not a carbon, but still weighs just a few lbs over 20 lbs.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2012 at 7:44am
Gorgeous bike! The cable covers are an awesome accent too. Were the DX's chromoly? They have to be. 

I have no idea how much my setup weighs, all I know is that the crankset weighs almost as much as the frame. LOL I've been riding my Huffy "resistance bike" so I'm not too worries about it being too heavy. Bike was free! I have less than $100 into it, including new parts, prep and paint. Pretty excited to have such a cool project!

EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2012 at 8:25am
Nice bikes Shooey and Nick!  I would love to get my bike powder coated, but I doubt this frame is going to last.  My husband and friend are talking about upgrading me to a nicer bike (what this means is beyond me, but once they start talking....).  I am not interested in spending the money right now, but we'll see.
Mine has served me well this long.
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2012 at 8:28am
Oh and I got pink cables for my mtn bike... Shooey, they look a lot like yours, but they appear as if they're woven.  I am pretty stoked to get those on there.  These were such a frivilous purchase, but so fun to outfit a bike.LOL 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2012 at 9:52am
Matchsies! 

My cable were old Dia Compe lines that were laying in the corner of my buddy's shop. Steal! 

Braided cord should be nice, reinforced centers? I want to see pictures once you install them!

Nick View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2012 at 10:40am
Originally posted by LittleShooey

Gorgeous bike! The cable covers are an awesome accent too. Were the DX's chromoly? They have to be. 

I have no idea how much my setup weighs, all I know is that the crankset weighs almost as much as the frame. LOL I've been riding my Huffy "resistance bike" so I'm not too worries about it being too heavy. Bike was free! I have less than $100 into it, including new parts, prep and paint. Pretty excited to have such a cool project!

All stock actually! Pretty awesome. Only things that aren't stock are the rear cassette (from 12 to 10 speed.. Changed somewhere along the past 25 years, lol), tires/tubes, and the handlebar wraps. And yeah, they were.

Haha, yeah, if you're going from something heavier it hardly ever matters. I'm coming from a MTB, so this thing feels like a FEATHER.

Free?? Nice! Quite a bit still on the frame too. Definitely an awesome pickup. Find it on CL or what?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2012 at 1:01pm
I just noticed the aero hoods. My poor bike looks like it has alien antennae with how much slack you have to have in the brake lines.LOL

Free fully stocked! Freecycle, man. It's like feeding and suckling off the good karma train. 

It was fully intact, with original everything, including rubber. The biggest issue was sticky shifters. Before we tore it down, my braver-than-me partner test-rode it the 11 miles around a local loop (easy-moderate inclines). So yeah, great find for fa-ree.
Nick View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2012 at 5:25pm
Oh wow, that's insane! I signed up for freecycle to check it out. Haven't gotten into a few of the groups yet, but I'm definitely checking it out.

Just came across something that made me kinda sad though. Found a 2010 Schwinn Fastback Elite for $500. Has Shimano Tiagra shifters, carbon forks and seat post, and barely any miles.... Hate being so broke. >.<
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2012 at 7:07am
Originally posted by LittleShooey

Matchsies! 

My cable were old Dia Compe lines that were laying in the corner of my buddy's shop. Steal! 

Braided cord should be nice, reinforced centers? I want to see pictures once you install them!

Nice... I will post it when I get them on my bike, but I think it'll be at least the end of spring before they're installed.  I don't want to put new cables on my bike during the winter riding season.
Just like the new tires for my road bike.  I'm not putting those on until I'm done with the trainer riding.  My back tire has been worn square to all the trainer miles I've put on it.  LOL

Nick View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2012 at 10:19pm
So you guys think I should jump on that deal I found on CL? Think I found a way to work out to get the extra cash, haha. Don't think the person who's selling it really knows how much it's actually worth...

>.<

(Listing has pictures, but they're reeeeally small, lol)
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 9:57am
Do it! You can probably talk them down too. I love craigslist. 

If things don't work out there's always a market to flip it. 

Also, Epic, I have never used a trainer (I love CA) but it sucks to hear about the square tire. Time to get a spare wheel and "trainer tire" to save your good roadies?
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 10:02am
with such nice weather today, i decided to get my steed out and ride a few km down to my fave kiosk in the middle of the woods....

the first 10km sucked!
the beer was good....
the return 10km were better, but still sucked....

my legs and my butt obviously arent used to being back in the saddle again....
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 10:34am

So you guys think I should jump on that deal I found on CL? Think I found a way to work out to get the extra cash, haha. Don't think the person who's selling it really knows how much it's actually worth...

>.<

(Listing has pictures, but they're reeeeally small, lol)

What year is it? You have a direct link to the CL ad? I promise not to poach it :)
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 10:38am

What year is it? You have a direct link to the CL ad? I promise not to poach it :)

Just for reference:

Just came across something that made me kinda sad though. Found a 2010 Schwinn Fastback Elite for $500. Has Shimano Tiagra shifters, carbon forks and seat post, and barely any miles.... Hate being so broke. >.<
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by EpicFAIL

I'm not putting those on until I'm done with the trainer riding.  My back tire has been worn square to all the trainer miles I've put on it.  LOL

What trainer do you use?
Ever think about making the switch over to a roller style trainer? I hardly get any wear when using a roller compared to a traditional trainer. On a side note, a tire I have found hold up to the wear of training is the Specialized Armadillo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>