Everything FOOD.

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 108>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 3:18pm
I watched the game basically by myself. Kids were in the playroom with their toys and the wife took a nap. My 5yr old daughter came to watch the halftime show then went back to play. So I just got a Papa John's pizza and honey chipotle wings.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by JoeyGlazer

Attended a Super Bowl party that had a taco bar for dinner.  Had so many apps before the taco bar opened I didn't even have a single taco.  The hosts had chili con queso, guacamole, some sort of sausage dip, buffalo chicken dip, veggies, cheese and crackers as apps. 

That sounds amazing! Never crossed my mind to do mexican for a SB party. Gonna have to try that next year.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 2:36pm
Wow, sausage dip and buffalo chicken dip sound great! Yeah, I would be full by the time the taco bar opened. I googled the dips, and dang they look good.
JoeyGlazer View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 1:42pm
Attended a Super Bowl party that had a taco bar for dinner.  Had so many apps before the taco bar opened I didn't even have a single taco.  The hosts had chili con queso, guacamole, some sort of sausage dip, buffalo chicken dip, veggies, cheese and crackers as apps. 
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 1:23pm
Had pizza, steak, chips and dip, and beer for our Superbowl dinner. Food was good, game was fun, but the commercials were pretty boring. All the ladies watching were disappointed.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 1:09pm
I made two homemade burritos to work. I'm a happy camper.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 12:58pm
Heated some frozen pizza. Gotta start eating them after I stocked up when they went on sale last week.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 6:22pm
Had some pulled pork sandwiches and buffalo wings. So stuffed.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2015 at 12:51pm
I'm in the mood for some really good pizza tonight
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2015 at 7:31am
^
In Ventura it is Cuernavaca...best traditional Mexican food I have had in California.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

^ Yup, that's where the real food is, the little hole in the wall.  

Then I will have to give it a try and report back with my findings.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 10:28am
^ Yup, that's where the real food is, the little hole in the wall.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 10:12am
^ Yup, if they're ghetto and dingy looking, and can still survive..that means the food has to be good and ppl go for the food, not the ambiance.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 10:01am
^ lol I find those are the best ones. The more ghetto and dingy looking, the better the food.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 9:35am
There's a super high rated Sushi place 30 seconds from where I live, but it looks so ghetto. I've never gone inside. Supposedly its nice on the inside (stated on the reviews).
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 6:38am
I need to find a fancy Chinese buffet in the northern VA area. Golden Corral is pretty nice.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

Originally posted by anna.chan18

damn what kind of chinese buffet has lobster and peking duck?

Every time I go there's only noodles, rice and orange chicken. Lobster is fancy!

I was skeptical at first but it's hands down one of the best buffets in the city.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 12:48pm
We must have arrived at Grimaldi's at an odd hour or something. There was no line..we thought we might have gone to the wrong place or something..haha
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by lightning80

My wife still talks about the pizza she had in Brooklyn 9 years ago @ Grimaldi's..and she usually doesn't even like pizza. My favorite in NYC is Carnegie Deli. Every time I go back to Dallas, I HAVE to go eat Spring Creek BBQ and Papasitos Cantina. Can't get that Texas BBQ and Tex-Mex anywhere else.

One time, when we went on vacation with my entire family (parents, sister's family, brother's family, and my family) to San Antonio and Houston, about 5 years ago or so and my brother was in charge of planning the trip. It was a disaster. Just about every meal, we were just driving and stopping at whatever we see on the side of the road. After the 1st couple days, I could take it any more and started to plan out the meals. The wait time to eat dramatically increased after that LOL
Grimaldi's is good, but not worth the wait.
I actually like my pizza with cheap shredded mozarella instead of the fresh mozarella....haha
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 12:11pm
I went on the bus tour when I visited San Francisco. We ended up using that bus as our transportation, instead of renting a car. Besides the fact that San Fran was FREEZING, it was fun. We went in early November. Man did we pack the wrong clothes.

When I went to Austria, Poland, Solvakia, Czech, and one more country I forgot. We were on a Korean tour. The food SUCKED. But after the tour ended my sister's family and mine stayed an extra day at Austria. We went to a tiny restaurant about 20 minutes from the airport. They had the BEST food. We took pictures with the chef, bought sauce to take home, and drank. It was the best food during the 10 day trip.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 11:50am
My wife still talks about the pizza she had in Brooklyn 9 years ago @ Grimaldi's..and she usually doesn't even like pizza. My favorite in NYC is Carnegie Deli. Every time I go back to Dallas, I HAVE to go eat Spring Creek BBQ and Papasitos Cantina. Can't get that Texas BBQ and Tex-Mex anywhere else.

One time, when we went on vacation with my entire family (parents, sister's family, brother's family, and my family) to San Antonio and Houston, about 5 years ago or so and my brother was in charge of planning the trip. It was a disaster. Just about every meal, we were just driving and stopping at whatever we see on the side of the road. After the 1st couple days, I could take it any more and started to plan out the meals. The wait time to eat dramatically increased after that LOL
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 11:26am
^I went to Thailand for 2 weeks few years back. Did first week with a tour and second week without a tour.
They took us to some nice and fancy restaurants during the tour but the best food was the street foods and hole-in-the-wall restaurants we went to without the tour. Picking out our own seafood to have it prepared was prty good too.
I think biggest part of traveling to other states or country is definitely trying their food.

I will never forget the PHO I had in ATL.......so much better than the crap they have in NY.....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 10:43am
^ joining the tour was cheaper than renting a car and booking hotels by ourselves. That's the only tour I have joined, ever. I feel that tasting the local food should also be part of any tour, or vacation. So I usually included meals as destinations in my travel itinerary. Eating at McDonalds because we don't know where to go, is not an option. Although we do plan to eat at McDonalds, or other fast food type places, on road trips to save time.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 10:32am
The buffets my family goes to serves lobster, king crab, oysters, freshly made sushi too.  The only downside about the lobster is the line because you can only grab one at a time.  

Asian people are not fond of changes, that's why they all do the same thing in conformity.  LOL  

L80: Why are you on a tour group when you're from the US?  LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 9:53am
Haha..about asian ppl not wanting to try foreign food..it's so true. Years ago, we went on a 4 day bus tour around the east coast: Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore, etc. The tour was ran by Chinese ppl, and I guess the target customer base was also Chinese. The tour was done mostly in Chinese with some English for the benefit of the couple of non-Chinese on board. So, going to Philadelphia to see Liberty Bell, I wanted to eat some authentic Philly cheese steak. And where did they take us to eat? Some Chinese restaurant in a old strip mall. I was so glad I had picked up a couple of philly cheese steaks from a food truck that was set up by the Liberty Bell...man... So I stayed on the bus and ate my authentic philly food in Philly..not some imitation Chinese food..in Philly... But, I guess, because their customers are Chinese, and they don't want try anything else, they have to stop at Chinese restaurants...
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 9:34am
lobster is pretty cheap at the moment - maybe they bought em in bulk a long time ago and froze them
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2015 at 7:31am
I'm not sure I'd trust cheap chinese buffets with lobster.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by anna.chan18

Every time I go there's only noodles, rice and orange chicken. Lobster is fancy!
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 3:29pm
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 3:28pm
Went to a Chinese buffet with some relatives this past weekend. Surprised it was actually good and they gave out lobster and peking duck. I just wish I had a bigger appetite like when I was younger.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 1:59pm
JoeyGlazer- oops didn't catch that till you put it in bold either!

AMY- I was just talking with my coworker about how good pho in Vietnam would be. lol I guess not always the case.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 12:26pm
I think it is also a thing of what you're used to eating too because I'm used to eating Vietnamese food here but when I went to Vietnam, you would think their food would be mind blowing delicious but it was crap.  However when my relatives came over, they were used to food over there that our Vietnamese food didn't appeal to them until after eating it a few times then they realized their food in Vietnam sucked ass.  They thought it was good when they lived there because it was what they knew until they tried something better.  LOL

Haha, I read over it but didn't catch it until you put it in bold.  The drawback of skim reading.  LOL 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 11:42am
Started eating fruits for breakfast instead of dense food. Taking the healthy route people keep talking about.
Local
Local

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 11:40am

Did the tourists return to the buffet several times?  That may not be a true indication of whether they enjoyed it or not, although I might be wong.

Okay, so no one got my pun?  Talking about Asian tourists eating Asian food and I said "I might be wong."?  No one gets my humor...
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 11:01am
lol, my mom would try stuff, but ultimately didn't like most of other country food. But she did end up liking Thai food and Pho. (Mom's Korean)
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2015 at 10:57am
Feeding asian tourists are the worst, they refuse to try anything foreign but not because they tried it and didn't like it but because they refuse to even try it.  LOL  

I have relatives that just came over from Vietnam and they refused to try anything that's foreign for about 2 months based on it being foreign that they cannot eat it without even trying it.  Until one day we cut up a burger for them to try then they were like ZOMG it's so good and ate 2-3 burgers each.  LOL  
Nickaledoe View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nickaledoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 3:15pm
Love asian food wish I got to go!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by VTBear

There were too many of them to know if they went for seconds or not.
Older Korean tourists always want their Korean food. Doesn't matter which country you are in. Most of the time the food doesn't suit them. Too salty, too fatty, too creamy, and so on.

I would avoid American Food buffets if I went to China. No reason to travel if you're cooped up in your own culture and nothing else. My 2 cents.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 2:08pm
There were too many of them to know if they went for seconds or not.

Older Korean tourists always want their Korean food. Doesn't matter which country you are in. Most of the time the food doesn't suit them. Too salty, too fatty, too creamy, and so on.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 1:31pm

Did the tourists return to the buffet several times?  That may not be a true indication of whether they enjoyed it or not, although I might be wong.

Chinese Tourists in a chinese buffet... Very adventurous
Local
Local

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 11:03am
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 10:48am
Chinese buffet today. There were two buses full of Chinese tourists that came in while I was there. I wonder if they thought of the food. Food was cheap and bad to me.
Local
Local

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 9:56am
Chicken noodle soup and a chicken Phillysteak-style sandwich.  Good stuff.

Our off-site bossman is in the office this week and we have a team lunch tomorrow, always hate those things.  Everyone is overly-fake-nice to each other and there's a lot of fake laughter (cue the old sitcom laugh track).  It's going to be painful, I may have to order a couple beers to get through it.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 9:30am
Spinach salad and lasagna for lunch today. I'm kinda pumped!!
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 7:13am
Chick-Fil-A is delicious.  It's by far my favorite fast food chicken sandwich.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2015 at 6:18am
Also had Korean pastries. One that had chocolate pudding filling and another that had some kind of yellow cream filling. 
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2015 at 9:03am
This evening I'll be eating Chik Fil A. lol
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2015 at 9:47am
And this afternoon, I'll be smoking a tri-tip, a whole chicken and some bacon wrapped jalapeño peppers stuffed with cheddar cheese.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2015 at 9:46am
Breakfast burrito this morning - cheese, eggs, hash browns, avocado, turkey and hot sauce.  delicious!
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2015 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

Safeway used to have awesome $2 breakfast sandwiches. A lot of meat for $2. Now it's $3 and less meat...

Yea I've been going to Safeway instead now. Much better sandwiches compare to fresh pond now. There's a lady that used to work there that always hooked it up, but she retired and the noobs suck, super skimpy.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 12 CAPiTA Space Metal Fantasy 147 / 13 Union Rosa / 12 Burton Cartel Restricted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 108>