Everything FOOD.

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 104>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SnowBunny143 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SnowBunny143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 9:22am
I love eating and cooking food as much as I love going up to the mountain.
I know there are many out there like me!
You can post food pics, what you like to eat, what you eat before you go up to the mountain..etc. Or tell us the best dine ins/dives in your area so others know where to stop by for a bite during a visit!
Here's a picture of blueberry pancakes I made:

And some pasta:
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 9:28am
Yeah, now we're talking!  I make the best cheesecake ever...is a Coconut Creme Cheesecake with TWO crusts!
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 9:51am

Fooooood. Glorious fooooood! I have to take some pictures of the French toast we make every Sunday. It's AMAZING!
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 10:09am
Archie's in Reno has the bomb breakfast and fresh squeezed OJ. 
Freeman's Natural Hot Dogs is a rare healthy hot dog treat.
And for dinner, La Famiglia is one of the best Italian resteraunts I have ever eaten at anywhere.  Their lobster ravioli and terimisu are to die for!
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 10:16am
Those pancakes and pasta above look really good, nice photos. I love adding berries to pancakes and waffles, but blueberry is my favorite.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 10:30am
Nothing like skinned rat to start the day off right.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 10:31am
Originally posted by broys

Those pancakes and pasta above look really good, nice photos. I love adding berries to pancakes and waffles, but blueberry is my favorite.
Blueberries are my fav as well, but I like mixing bananas into my mix and mashing them all into the batter so you get the flavor in every bit of it.
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowBunny143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 11:10am
If anyone ever visits Portland, Oregon, You definitely need to stop by:
Screen Door, get the chicken and waffles.
Tasty and Sons
VooDoo Doughnuts, get the "dirty old bastard"
The Bread and Ink Cafe on Hawthorne. I heard they have the best blueberry waffles there. I have yet to try them though.

And if you visit Seattle,
You MUST go to Le Panier located in Pike Place Market for french pastries.
I always get their galettes, so yummy.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowBunny143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 11:34am
Maple Bacon Bar at VooDoo Doughnuts:

Fried Chicken and Waffle at Screen Door:

Fried Oyster Benedict at Screen Door:

Country Fried Steak at Screen Door:

Erin's Sweet Biscuits with Fresh Oregon Strawberries at Tasty n Sons (small dish)Sorry it's blurry!:

House Bacon Burger with beecher's cheddar at Tasty n Sons, sorry it's blurry!:

And Some Waffles I made with fresh strawberry compote:

And I swear I did not eat everything, teehee.
I don't understand why these pictures turned out so big, the others were normal...
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 11:57am
OMG, I think my stomach just had an orgasm from all these pictures!

LOOOVE eggs benedict but adding deep fried chicken on the same plate, that's just frickin' AMAZING!!!!!

EDIT:
FYI, the Ex or also known as the CNE (Toronto, Canadian Exhibition Place) is now selling deep fried coke, deep fried butter, and Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburgers!
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 11:57am
AH!  That reminds me.
BLT Burger at the Mirage Hotel here in Vegas has some really great burgers, but the best part is their milk shakes.  They have one that is made with toasted marchmellows...SO THICK AND YUM!

woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woohoo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 12:19pm
oh my this is the worst thread to look at when youre starving and still have hours left of work
WOOHOO
cucubing View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
ROME AGENT

Quote cucubing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 12:30pm
I am completely grossed out by this thread....
Could we stop posting discussing pics in a food thread..?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowBunny143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 12:31pm
LOL. Sorry if this thread got you hungry!
If it did, I do not advise you going to foodgawker.com ;)
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 6:27pm
The Stove In Mammoth is my favorite breakfast food ever
stevo05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote stevo05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2011 at 6:29pm
These pictures seem to be on par with Epic Meal Time haha. 
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 1:59am
Man...my one weakness in life.  More so than anything else, I truly emjoy a great meal and the efforts of a great chef.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 2:21am

greek gyros, the greatest things ever when your drunk in the greek islands!
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 4:15am
Here is a good one to start your morning!
Worst I had was wonderful.
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 4:18am
Please post tasty recipes, I love to cook, always looking for something new. Just made some chicken chili that tasted great. This recipe is kinda close to what I made
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/cha-chas-white-chicken-chili/detail.aspx

I was going to start a knew thread but this will do.

Worst I had was wonderful.
Allieng View Drop Down
TRU Staff.
TRU Staff.

Quote Allieng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 4:34am
I just had breakfast and now I am hungry again... Thanks everyone. If you're ever traveling through Minnesota, theirs a little town called Bayport. You need to stop at Not Justa Cafe. Uber good!! Everything they make is homemade.
watching-sunset View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote watching-sunset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 4:43am
Every Friday I cook Corporate lunch in our corp appartment)
Maybe you have some nice recepies for me to cook?
Push hard and you'll reach the top
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 4:44am
Those pics up top look like the stuff they make at Hash House A Go Go here in Vegas.  
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 5:01am
the maple bacon donut reminds me of tailgate season...waking up early and indecisive about breakfast or lunch so i go with both, the krispy kreme burger, absolutely amazing...ill post pics in one of the coming weekends
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 5:18am
bagels are a great carb boost for the day
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowBunny143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2011 at 3:27pm
I'll post some recipes up next week when I come back from California!
But for now, toodles.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 7:39am
"Sin City" Burger from Smash Burger has bacon, fried egg and onion strings allong with the regular toppings and smash sauce.  And the chili cheese fries as jalepenos, onions, tomatoes and chedder! 
It was the half pound burger and if I would have known the fries were gonna be that big I would not have gotten (or eaten!) both. 

Allieng View Drop Down
TRU Staff.
TRU Staff.

Quote Allieng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 7:46am
Looks like a heart attach waiting to happen!!!
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 7:56am

look what l got for breakfast. couldn't finish 1/2 of it
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 8:04am
Everything looks so good!!! One thing I don't understand is why are the portions so massive if majority of people can't finish them? I don't think it's meant to be shared. Maybe to attract customers.
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 8:20am
dang i wish my gf liked to cook, just looking at this thread is making me hungry, in birch run michigan there is this restaurant called tony's and they give you ridiculous amounts of food, they put a pound of bacon on their blt's, im pretty sure they have been on the travel channel or food network or something like that 
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by MrMeaty

"Sin City" Burger from Smash Burger has bacon, fried egg and onion strings allong with the regular toppings and smash sauce.  And the chili cheese fries as jalepenos, onions, tomatoes and chedder! 
It was the half pound burger and if I would have known the fries were gonna be that big I would not have gotten (or eaten!) both. 

I'm 40% sure i'm going to get this for dinner now.
snowydays14 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
A photo I took on the fourth of July

Quote snowydays14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 1:09pm
Holy crap, talk about food! I see major heart attack waiting to happen, but I'd still eat that anyway! LOL Tongue Thanks for the pics, they made me hungry!!
Give me snow!!!!
Forgot10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Forgot10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 2:49pm
i wish someone would cook those foods at my college!
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 2:59pm
^^trust me you dont, you'll look like a pig when you go home 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 3:04pm
A small breakfast and nothing but salad for dinner allong with regular excesise allows me to eat WHATEVER I WANT for lunch!

Like the 10lbs pizza challenge at graziano's!

coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 3:20pm
^^l wouldnt mind trying that out, from the pictures it doesnt look that big, considering l can eat a xl myself easily. although, its fishy they dont put how much it is if you dont finish it. 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 6:31pm
It's WAY bigger then it looks...and each slice is super thick!  Our car club did 5 challenges in one night...a couple of us finished our halves but not one finished the entire pie :(  

OH, and if you don't finish it, it's $43.80.  It's on their menu... the 24" Graziano's Monster:

jwb1987 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jwb1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 6:49pm
This just became my favorite post. You look at it and get hungry lmao!
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 8:58pm
god damn some of these pictures are drool inducing, and i just had lunch
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2011 at 9:14pm
gotta pick me up some pancakes, but only place l know is mcd, guess l gotta go there then 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 10:33am
Local Plate from Aloha Kitchen:
Teriaki Chicken, Teriaki Beef, 2 Spam Masubi, Mac Salad and Rice.

panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 11:25am
i definitely get pumped about a double double animal style at in n out after a hard day of riding...
simsfsr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Serenity

Quote simsfsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 11:25am
Man, here I am eating my lunch at my desk and I decide to log on to TruSnow and I see this....
My lunch just tasted like cardboard.....

Thanks guys.

Gonna have to stop by a burger joint after work now to get my fix.....
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 11:36am
i love me some spam masubi.  anyone else here try any other food challenges?  I went to Orochon in LA where they have a super spicy ramen.  I was too scared to try it though.
snowydays14 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
A photo I took on the fourth of July

Quote snowydays14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 11:37am
Originally posted by simsfsr

Man, here I am eating my lunch at my desk and I decide to log on to TruSnow and I see this....
My lunch just tasted like cardboard.....

Thanks guys.

Gonna have to stop by a burger joint after work now to get my fix.....

If you have a Five Guys where you are, I'd highly recommend going there. Or if you are ever in a state that has one. Simply the best burgers ever. And their small sizes are HUGE!!
Give me snow!!!!
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 11:44am
If you have a Five Guys where you are, I'd highly recommend going there. Or if you are ever in a state that has one. Simply the best burgers ever. And their small sizes are HUGE!![/QUOTE]

epic fail Five Guys sucks and there small size arent huge. yea there fry sizes are big and decent but nothing to brag about. there burgers are small, over priced, and arent anything special. your better off going to burger king i think
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 11:48am
haha, a little bit of exaggeration on the burger king bit, but i tend to agree.  their burgers are good, and you get a lot of fries, but there are a few places i like more than five guys.  i wish their buns were greasier and toasted, that would make it a lot better.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 12:07pm
5 guys is definitely above Burger King status, but I'd take In N Out over them anyday. If only they had bacon...
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2011 at 12:22pm
i've been in cali for about 1.5 weeks and for some strange reason i haven't found the time to get In N Out yet. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 104>