Everything FOOD.

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 99>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Lux

Surprised no one's mention seafood...

I'm a big seafood person and I absolutely love fish dishes. I always try to experiment with different herbs, oils, and spices to find the perfect taste. With seafood, they've got a strong aroma and flavour, so I add in stronger herbs like dill, garlic, and green onions with a touch of black pepper and sprinkle with lime. Goes great with pastas and light cheese dishes! While I also like spicy foods, I find fish plates are difficult to cook hot without spoiling the seafood taste and aroma. Maybe somebody here might have recipe.

Seafood eaters, I know you're out there! :)

Dude I here ya, I love seafood its my second favorite type of food right under Italian. Used to be my favorite. Love some spicy food too. Google anything with keywords Louisiana and Cajun to find some awesome seafood recipes.
Here is one of my favorite things, haven't actually tried this recipe:
http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/louisiana_seafood_gumbo.htm
its hard to find roux mix in some placesCry
Worst I had was wonderful.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 4:56am
Just made a huge batch Katsu Curry......nothing like Japanese Curry on a cold day....
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 8:30am
It's a scotch egg morning around these neck of the woods.

And lux and everyone else talkin seafood. I hear ya on that. By far, hands down my favorite type of food. Unfortunately it's kinda hard to get anything fresh in Ohio. Weirdly, I can get really fresh sushi here, but when it comes to standards of cooked seafood, sub par at best Cry
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 8:41am
Had those eggs in a scottish bar in San Antonio once just to try.  Sure was interesting!  

And with fish, I need to get one of those grill trays cause it always falls apart on my grill.  I've grilled fish on a wooden cedar plank before too but I prefer direct heat.  

Oh, and my buddies party last night was a complete bust in the food department...they all went out to dinner first so all they had was finger sandwitches, shrimp cocktail and fruit kabobs... Confused
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 8:41am
can l ask why the egg is brown? l never had scotch egg before so l'm not sure if thats how its suppose to be?

seafood si good but its hard to find a good place with fresh lobster
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 9:04am
Originally posted by ktown

can l ask why the egg is brown? l never had scotch egg before so l'm not sure if thats how its suppose to be?

You may. Wink

It is brown because it is wrapped in ground sausage. You make a scotch egg like this...

Hard boil egg. De shell egg. Wrap egg in ground sausage (we used spicy this time). Coat egg with sausage with raw, beaten egg. Dredge in bread crumbs. Deep fry for 5 minutes at 375.

You can use a lot of different sauces, this time we used a garlic ranch sauce, with diced, home grown chive.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 9:11am
oh ok. l will give it a try too then maybe next sunday. the ground sausage though, is it raw before you coat it onto the egg?
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 9:14am
mmm just hade me a beefy 5 layer burrito at taco bel LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 9:51am

oh ok. l will give it a try too then maybe next sunday. the ground sausage though, is it raw before you coat it onto the egg?

Yeah, that way you can shape it around the egg.

here is a pretty basic recipe, but will help out understanding the cooking/prep process better.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/scotch-eggs/detail.aspx

and when they said use 2 lbs of ground sausage for 4 eggs...that is a total crock of shit. We use 1 lbs for 6 eggs.

I love the things, but are definitely not something you make all the time, for so many reasons. There is a pub in town that makes KILLER scotch eggs. Not sure what they do different from me, but what ever it is, hot damn they should keep it up.

fark...I'm hungry now...LOL
SnowBunny143 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowBunny143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by batmanwest

Yeah, that way you can shape it around the egg. here is a pretty basic recipe, but will help out understanding the cooking/prep process better. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/scotch-eggs/detail.aspxand when they said use 2 lbs of ground sausage for 4 eggs...that is a total crock of shit. We use 1 lbs for 6 eggs. I love the things, but are definitely not something you make all the time, for so many reasons. There is a pub in town that makes KILLER scotch eggs. Not sure what they do different from me, but what ever it is, hot damn they should keep it up. fark...I'm hungry now...LOL

Scotch eggs sound really good right now. OMG. *drools*
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2011 at 8:39pm
eggs benedict.. mhhmmm
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2011 at 1:47am
Man oh man those Scotch Eggs look appealing....will definitely try to make here next weekend.
Well, the Katsu Curry was fantastic and the best part about it is I can make Katsu-don witht he left over Pork cutlets.  Nothing like a little soy sauce, Mirin and Sake to warm you up!
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 10:14am
Proper Preportions.
9oz filet and 12oz lobster tail.

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 10:17am
Oh christ Meaty.....

That.Looks.Amazing.

Oh shit, just saw the "butter warmer" in the corner of the pic. Thanks for posting this while I'm dronk. LOL
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 10:20am
HELLA!
I fly to reno every couple months and my office alots me a certain amount daily for meals. 
That day I had toast and coffee for breakfast (free) and Mcdonald's dollar menu for lunch so I'd have enough to cover that for dinner!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 10:27am
Originally posted by MrMeaty

HELLA!so I'd have enough to cover that for dinner!

I hate you.

You are (un)Officially my arch nemesis on the boards. 
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 10:50am

HELLA!
I fly to reno every couple months and my office alots me a certain amount daily for meals. 
That day I had toast and coffee for breakfast (free) and Mcdonald's dollar menu for lunch so I'd have enough to cover that for dinner!

i think the mere mention of mcdonald's in a food thread is nearly grounds for spamming! Wink
be talkin to ya
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 11:10am

HELLA!

FYI - one of the best steaks I've ever had in my life was at the Harrah's Reno steakhouse Chateaubriand...I probably spelled that wrong so you Frenchies can keep me honest there.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 12:04pm
carebear:  The steakhouse at harrah's is where that steak and lobster was from.

WINNING!

and batmanwest, I accept your challenge and will be sure to post more pics of my epic meals in this thread...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 12:12pm

and batmanwest, I accept your challenge and will be sure to post more pics of my epic meals in this thread...

Bring it. LOL

Cannot wait till the next time I go for sushi. Memory card:cleared out. Big smile
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by AyChan87

eggs benedict.. mhhmmm
i prefer eggs florentine since I'm not a fan of ham.
Luke4 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Luke4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 1:27pm
Mmmmmmmmmmm food
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 3:08pm
Dinner of champs tonight, spaghetti!!  With almonds for dessert.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 5:03pm

korean food Smile
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 5:08pm
whats that? pork bone rice? or is that ribs? 
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 5:12pm
yeah its ribs, to be honest, looks better than they tasted. l dont like the way they make their food spicy, leaves an after taste 
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2011 at 8:59pm
i have a potpie in the microwave right now, SOB takes ten mins to cook and im hungry now!
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2011 at 11:24am

You may. Wink

It is brown because it is wrapped in ground sausage. You make a scotch egg like this...

Hard boil egg. De shell egg. Wrap egg in ground sausage (we used spicy this time). Coat egg with sausage with raw, beaten egg. Dredge in bread crumbs. Deep fry for 5 minutes at 375.

You can use a lot of different sauces, this time we used a garlic ranch sauce, with diced, home grown chive.

Holy God that sounds good. I've never had one before, but I might try making it. Is there a certain ground sausage used or is it up to the discretion of the cook? Are there any brands/types you would recommend?
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2011 at 11:39am
It's up to the cook julius77, I just use whatever is fresh that day in our local market. Just as long as it's ground sausage, that's all that matters. I would say to pick a leaner type, as you already are deep frying the things...but it's up to you.
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2011 at 2:15pm
Tuna steak on top of green beans n rice and sprinkled with cheese.  I have a bad feeling that I just digested radioactive particles from Japan, or nasty petrochemicals from mainland China.   Shit tasted good though.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2011 at 2:59pm
peach flavored jello brains with cherry "blood" sauce.
Can any zombie resist?

ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2011 at 3:22pm
its not really that close to Halloween yet... dont tell me you make these on a casual terms haha
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2011 at 3:27pm

its not really that close to Halloween yet... dont tell me you make these on a casual terms haha

Oooh, I think that means some good recipies with grapes and jello coming.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowBunny143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2011 at 5:31pm

I made this chocolate mocha cheesecake with chocolate drizzle for the first time over the weekend. The graham cracker crust has pecans and lots of butter. YUM.
Except I had to wait a day for the cheesecake to set, it was a lot of waiting._.

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2011 at 5:56pm

zombie themed birthday!

And that cheesecake looks DELICIOUS!  
I've never made cheesecake from scratch before...
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 6:36am
I was just wondering how many people in THIS thread are also in the "Get in better shape" thread!  LOL! 

Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 6:40am

I was just wondering how many people in THIS thread are also in the "Get in better shape" thread!  LOL! 

Nope. Count me out. hahaha. Also interested in seeing how may are/aren't

I'm not fat by any means, but defiantly a few pounds over weight. My problem isn't really food, when I do eat unhealthy and such, I usually keep the portions down. I also ride my bike a ton and try to stay on my feet and active.

My problem? Beer.
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 7:54am

l'm on it, but not talking much as l'm not an active gym guy. my body has been getting more shape though. round that is
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 8:49am
round is deffinatly a shape!

My issue is that the recommended weight limits on my snowbaords are lower then what I'm currently at because I was counting on shedding a few lbs before next snow season.

...and I'm not there yet!
agent- View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote agent- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:01am
I always try to get protein bars to take with me while on the mountain. After a long day of riding, I love getting SubWay!
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:10am
Originally posted by agent-

I always try to get protein bars to take with me while on the mountain. After a long day of riding, I love getting SubWay!

have you tried the cliff bar max builder bars?  those have tons of protein and are really good too.
be talkin to ya
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:18am
Originally posted by wpiass

Originally posted by agent-

have you tried the cliff bar max builder bars?  those have tons of protein and are really good too.

Those are good, but every flavor tastes the same...well, I guess the chocolate mint is different, but the others are all the same.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:22am

Nope. Count me out. hahaha. Also interested in seeing how may are/aren't

I'm not fat by any means, but defiantly a few pounds over weight. My problem isn't really food, when I do eat unhealthy and such, I usually keep the portions down. I also ride my bike a ton and try to stay on my feet and active.

My problem? Beer.

I go the gym everyday so I can eat the foods that I love LOL 

I seriously love food too much...that's why I can never clean up my diet enough.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
Magicweed3 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote Magicweed3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:27am
Neither can I. If you love to eat, you need to learn to love the gym.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:31am
Alright...alright...lets get this thread back on track!

moar fooooood!!

One year anniversary dinner.

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 10:22am

Alright...alright...lets get this thread back on track!

WOW!  That sushi looks off the hook! 

OK, ok, ok...back on track. 
These arent' from today, but my office's annual potluck is coming up next month and last year I made bacon wrapped cream cheese filled grilled jalapenos. 

Here is the before:

and here is the after:

And here is how my wife cooks popcorn in the microwave!

EDIT:  Happy Birthday!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 10:34am
Daaaaaamn that popcorn looks delish!

Their sushi IS off "the hook"
Really well priced and fresher than many places I have been to on the coasts. Hell of a deal for Ohio.

Best sushi of my life though was at a place called "Soya" in Virginia Beach. If anyone is in the area, and you dig on some raw fish, do yourself a favor and check it out.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SnowBunny143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 3:25pm

Daaaaaamn that popcorn looks delish!Their sushi IS off "the hook" Really well priced and fresher than many places I have been to on the coasts. Hell of a deal for Ohio. Best sushi of my life though was at a place called "Soya" in Virginia Beach. If anyone is in the area, and you dig on some raw fish, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Nice pun! hahaha.

I'm going to have myself a snack.
AFTER I RUN ._.
curb View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote curb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2011 at 9:55pm
the mocha cheesecake looks good, hands down. how long did it take you to make it?
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2011 at 7:14am

Proper Preportions.
9oz filet and 12oz lobster tail.

That is the same practice i have!  Who needs a big breakfast or lunch when a 26 oz boned in blackened rib-eye will do.  That dish looks amazing.....so tempted to to find the right place tonight for dinner!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 99>