Everything FOOD.

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 4950515253 97>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 1:50pm
Had me some deer steak, tasting the 'wild' side, compliment of my friend's 12 point buck.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 3:15pm
Had slow cooked pork with crackle with a side salad of shredded cabbage, lime, chili, peas and reggiano was delicious! 
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 3:36pm
Leftover fish warmed in the microwave. Sniff sniff... Eww..
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by haiv143

Had me some deer steak, tasting the 'wild' side, compliment of my friend's 12 point buck.

Ive had some pretty good venison before.  Ive also had some that was very gamey tasting.  My favorite is deer jerky.  I like it better than beef jerky.

Originally posted by solocreep

Leftover fish warmed in the microwave. Sniff sniff...Eww..

I don't use a microwave to begin with, but leftover microwaved fish sounds terrible. LOL

I just got done eating bbq ribs, baked beans and potato salad.  Was pretty good. 

snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 7:21pm
^I've never tried venison but I've heard that it's really good. Where can you buy venison?
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 7:23pm
Just had a PotLuck at work. Accounting ladies can cook. Some on the best Padthai and Enchiladas I have ever tried.

She put thick crispy chips on top of the Enchiladas and covered it with melted cheese. SOO GOOD.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

^I've never tried venison but I've heard that it's really good. Where can you buy venison?

Not sure if they sell venison meat online or not.  I do know they sell venison jerky online.

Obviously stores don't sell venison.  Every time I have eaten it, it was from the person who caught it.
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2013 at 5:52am
I just had 4 slices of pizza for breakfast..student life!
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2013 at 6:53am
Starbucks: iced soy vanilla latte
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2013 at 10:04am
Microwaved burrito. Still cold in the middle. Eww.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2013 at 12:05pm

everydays a cheat day for me
wonder if anyone even likes cherry dr pepper
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2013 at 2:04pm

This always happens to me at Sonic with my Sonic burger. one of the reason why i stop going there. on another note, I had Pho this morning for breakfast.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2013 at 3:19pm
Forgot to snap a picture but I had a delicious chicken sandwhich. Pretzel bun, lettuce, tomato, avocado and bacon.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 11:21am
Originally posted by woodhomie1996

Forgot to snap a picture but I had a delicious chicken sandwhich. Pretzel bun, lettuce, tomato, avocado and bacon.

Chicken, av and bacon is a classic combo!!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by chillwill

Originally posted by haiv143

Ive had some pretty good venison before.  Ive also had some that was very gamey tasting.  My favorite is deer jerky.  I like it better than beef jerky.

Deer jerky is one of my favorite snacks of all time! Unfortunately I'm not a hunter, so the little bit i get is generally from friends willing to share.

Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

Stores are generally not allowed to sell wild game (in this case venison), as it is not USDA inspected. If you DO find venison in a store, it's likely farm raised, and likely won't render the same flavors/textures. If it's your only option and you do find it, it's worth a go. THere's a number of online retailers that sell venison jerky (again, farm raised). So if you've really got a fix, there are resources.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 11:44am
I think Mac and Cheese is to white people like Rice is to Asians.

Had Mac n Cheese with hot dogs, pepperoni and Dat'l Do It's Chipotle sauce.  

On a side note, I tried Pappa Murphy's take and bake pizza for the first time.  Is absolutely the best take out pizza I have ever had.  In fact, it might be the best pizza period...better then sammy's wood fired and CPK.   
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 6:39pm
Speaking of Pappa Murphy's, had a coupon for their large heart pepperoni and smores desert pizza for $9:

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 7:03pm
That smores pizza looks ridiculous! How was it?
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 7:15pm
Is that coupon still available and is it online? That looks to bomb. I'm a sucker for s'mores..
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 7:20pm
The coupon was in the book I got from their store last week when I picked up pizza...it was SO BOMB!  Plus we had chocolate fondu last night and didn't finish, so we had melted chocolate to dip the smores pizza in.  OMG!

Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by MrMeaty

The coupon was in the book I got from their store last week when I picked up pizza...it was SO BOMB!  Plus we had chocolate fondu last night and didn't finish, so we had melted chocolate to dip the smores pizza in.  OMG!

Oh man! That sounds great. I melted chocolate and bought a chocolate fountain. Bomb s'mores are made with a lot of MELTED chocolate. Hard chocolate doesn't do it for me. But anyway I'll try to look online for a deal like that. I'll post it here if I find anything similar.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 9:00am
Anyone have any special Superbowl feasts/treats? I made a pretty decent 7-layer dip, and the gf made some vegetarian pigs in a blanket. Slightly different taste than your standard hot dogs, but edible.

I'm kinda surprised you'd never tried Papa Murphy's before, Meaty. They've been around forever! And their pizza is pretty good, though i find sometimes the "regular" meat pizzas (cowboy, supreme, etc) don't taste a whole lot different than one another. The chicken pesto pizza is quite good, and stands out from the rest of the menu :) .
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Anyone have any special Superbowl feasts/treats? I made a pretty decent 7-layer dip, and the gf made some vegetarian pigs in a blanket. Slightly different taste than your standard hot dogs, but edible.I'm kinda surprised you'd never tried Papa Murphy's before, Meaty. They've been around forever! And their pizza is pretty good, though i find sometimes the "regular" meat pizzas (cowboy, supreme, etc) don't taste a whole lot different than one another. The chicken pesto pizza is quite good, and stands out from the rest of the menu :) .

Bbq and sushi bake for the game yesterday.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 11:08am
Had some AMAZING Ginger Chicken Pho last weekend...pretty sure the noodles kept reproducing...

Can't forget the steamed Edamame & Sushi roll with it!

julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 6:29am
I ate a whole medium pizza last night. I got to stop smoking weed before I eat.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 6:38am
^^^ lol you'd probably save so much money if you stopped doing that.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 7:21am

Originally posted by j_lucky84

Anyone have any special Superbowl feasts/treats?

Bbq and sushi bake for the game yesterday.

Are those two separate items? Either way it sounds good :D we've had some stellar warm weather over the past week or so. I've been real tempted to bust the grill out and cook up some steaks. It's rainy today though so it prolly won't be happening. (we'll see B-) ).

Work is providing lunch for us today. It's nothin special, just hot dogs and fixinz. But I never turn down a free lunch :D
Later in the month they're doin pulled pork.. DEFINITELY comin in for that :D
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 7:22am
Originally posted by julius77

I ate a whole medium pizza last night. I got to stop smoking weed before I eat.

I used to be able to eat sooooooooo much food when I smoked.  I would literally eat a giant meal, including desserts, usually ice cream and chocolate.  Then, not even an hour later, I would be eating a sandwich and some chips.  Terrible. LOL  When I was in college years ago, I gained like 30 pounds.  I would eat fast food 2 or 3 times a day and a bunch of other junk food.  I haven't smoked for a while.  That's probably one of the reasons I was able to get my weight back down, haha.

On another note, I just had a pretty good breakfast.  Ham, bacon (yes, 2 types of pig lol), 2 eggs sunny side up, hash brown potatoes, and some broccoli.  Pretty good.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 4:43pm
my teeth hurt for some random reason.
can only eat soup Dead so tired of clam chowder
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 5:03pm
Tired of soup here too -- had Wendy's for lunch and I plowed through it like it was going to get taken away.

Can't decide what to fix for dinner tonight -- stuff I bought from World Market online is finally starting to come in.
LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 1:11am

Honeycomb on pancakes!
Omnomnom

nomnomnom
Sorry bees.. your house just tastes too good
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 10:26am
Pizza and pierogies after a good day of snowboarding.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 6:21pm
A local sammich/beer/pizza/coffee shop made some gumbo for a bluegrass thing theyre doin this weekend.. I say that's gonna make some good post-snowboarding food! Otherwise if have to go to the store n get shit for tacos!
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 6:41pm
I went to Calamity Jane's this week. Its near Mt Hood in Oregon. They have the best burger I have ever had. Its called the Bonanza Burger. So take a normal burger then add 2 eggs, Bacon, Ham!!, and their super secret sauce. WOW. I don't know if I can eat any other burger now. If youre Oregon, stop by!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 2:38pm
My mate and I split a family feast from KFC last night when we were drunk and I swear I can still feel it in my throat
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 6:22pm
Time for girl scout cookies...got my caramel delights (samoas) and my thanks a lots. 

Sold over 100 boxes...80 of them I have to hand out at work tomorrow...people won't get off my case till I bring them in...damn cookie fiends...
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 7:09am
Made some stellar fajitas last night :D . Had been craving em for a few days, but hadn't been able to make it to the store to get the ingreds. Didn't get to cooking em til like 10, so the 11 pm dinner certainly had me hungry!
Brought some leftovers for lunch today.

Also was able to throw together a bit of a coordinated weekly food menu, so grocery shopping for the week was CONSIDERABLY cheaper than i expected it to be. EFF YEA!
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 5:56pm
If you live anywhere near a Kroger, City Market, or King Soupers, you HAVE to get their Chicken Tortilla Soup out of the deli....soooooooooooooo gooooooooood!!!!!! /drool
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 6:10pm
Kind of turned off from Chinese food right now. I've eaten nothing but Chinese leftovers for 3 days. I do like the curry foods the most, though.
sandman88 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Baldy

Quote sandman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 8:07pm
anyone had diddy riese from westwood? best cookies ever and only 1 buck for three, if you are ever in LA get some!
mao mao View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mao mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 5:15am
Such delicious Eggs Benedict 
mao mao View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mao mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 5:18am
Street Taco's at work!  One time I ate 8 of these...
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 7:25pm
Brazilian food is pretty good. Tastes better when served by a cute waitress.
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 7:31pm
i dont have a pic or anything, but def try a philly cheese steak with vodka sauce....

your welcome lol
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 1:47am
Originally posted by xxbeachbum0804xx

i dont have a pic or anything, but def try a philly cheese steak with vodka sauce....

your welcome lol

and where would one pick up such a tasty treat?
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 8:43am
today at work we had a new vendor for lunch and i was pretty upset... somethinig called Chef Will the Palate. it was expensive and EVERYTHING was bland and pretty flavorless. rice=no flavor, carrots-hard/some flavor, and chicken= didn't taste like any of the THREE names in the title- honey lemon chipotle..? i think i will eat out next time they come.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 9:32am

Originally posted by xxbeachbum0804xx

your welcome lol

and where would one pick up such a tasty treat?

Sounds like somethin youre gonna have to make for yourself! I'm still living off the chicken fajita leftovers from Monday (given, yesterday's dinner was pizza, courtesy a visit to my parents' place). My coworkers likely won't enjoy my presence this afternoon lol.
artzygrrl View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote artzygrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 10:46am
I had some leftover venison burger but reading this thread, I'm hungry again
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 12:54pm
That heart shaped pizza looks good, but I probably wouldn't share it. She can get her own damn pizza and cook it herself.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by cds4288

today at work we had a new vendor for lunch and i was pretty upset... somethinig called Chef Will the Palate. it was expensive and EVERYTHING was bland and pretty flavorless. rice=no flavor, carrots-hard/some flavor, and chicken= didn't taste like any of the THREE names in the title- honey lemon chipotle..? i think i will eat out next time they come.

That sounds dreadful. I'm assuming it's the first time you've tried it? Don't blame ya for not wanting to try it again, unless maybe it's on someone else's dime.
I try to visit new places when i can. Can't expect to be pleased with each and every one, but it still sucks to spend money on something which doesn't satisfy ya.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 97>