Everything FOOD.

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 5051525354 92>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by mommehK

Had some AMAZING Ginger Chicken Pho last weekend...pretty sure the noodles kept reproducing...

Yum!!
Theres this cambodian noodle place close to my place and they do stuff similar to vietnam pho noodle soups, and theyre so good!
They give you loads of rice noodles as well and yep they definitely feel like theyre reproducing in the bowl hahah
And the leftover chicken they give you after boiling it to make the soup! Theyre so unbelievably addictive, its got some kind of flavoring and it tastes amazing!
nomnomnom
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 4:27am
All you religious people. No eating meat today cuz of Lent.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 4:53am
Originally posted by solocreep

But fish is OK for some reason.
The tough ones are Ash Wednesday (2 days ago) and Good Friday where it's no meat and fasting which is counted as 1 full meal and 2 lesser meals.  

Before we were married, while my wife and I were still in collage, we would be so hungry on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday that we would stay up past midnight so we could fry up some bologna and cheese sandwiches!
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 5:47am

this is the only time I'm glad I'm not religious. I'd go crazy without eating meat.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 6:17am
Yeah, I don't know how vegetarians do it.  
I was trying to explain vegetarians to my 9 year old daughter and she was appalled.  She said "What!?  No bacon!?"
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 12:15pm
yeah, not to mention all the essential nutrients they are missing out on. (steak)
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 12:38pm
tried making mocha coffee cake. a bit too bitter :\
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 1:22pm
bubbagooch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by MrMeaty

Yeah, I don't know how vegetarians do it.  
I was trying to explain vegetarians to my 9 year old daughter and she was appalled.  She said "What!?  No bacon!?"

This is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard.  I think my faith in mankind has been restored.  lol
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 4:30pm
Gotta raise em right, ya know!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 4:40am
Love mixing cereals. Honey nut Cheerios with regular Cheerios. Next time I'll mix it with the chocolate Cheerios.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 7:39pm
Haven't been able to get the BBQ out during this mini-vacation. Have made two trips up to the slopes which have occupied most of my time, and took the lady out for a belated vday dinner last night. Had onion rings for an appetizer, followed by Manhattan-style New York steak, crab cakes, a baked potato and green beans for an entree, and a liquored up root beer float for dessert. Quite delicious, but way too much food. Had most of my steak left over, so threw some of it in an omelet this morning, and finished off the rest this afternoon after getting home. I doubt I'll have much time to bbq tomorrow... but if the nice weather keeps up, I may have to force myself :)
LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by pyrotechnics

yeah, not to mention all the essential nutrients they are missing out on. (steak)

Im a complete carnivore and will NEVER be able to do anything even remotely like being a vegetarian but vegetarians can get all the essential nutrients without eating meat...
They can get protein from eggs and tofu and iron from things like spinach.
Humans are evolutionarily and physically not made to eat as much meat as regular modern people do...
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 3:09pm
You can definitely get all the essential nutrients if you eat the right foods, otherwise you'd see vegetarians getting sick all over the place.

I personally eat a vegetarian meal around 1-2 times per week but basically never cook them myself because there is a little vego shop down the road from my house that makes killer food!
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 3:22pm
Had peanut butter Cheerios this morning, not too bad but not as flavorful as I had hoped for.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 3:57pm
Some Oklahoma Joes sounds really good right now for dinner. If ya know what i'm talking about.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 4:27am
Bacon n eggs for breakfast. Can't go wrong.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 6:11am
^ Can never go wrong with bacon.

I just had a pretty good breakfast.  And the best part, it was healthy.

Oatmeal with strawberries, 2 eggs sunny side up, spinach, and turkey sausage.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 7:05am
Just ordered a bacon, egg and cheese on a plain bagel from our local deli
Maybe I will post a picture when I get it.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 8:45am
The gf and i made some crock pot chili last night. It was vegetarian, (sad face), but we used some TVP. Wasn't aware ya had to "hydrate" it before cooking it, so that part ended up a tad grainy. But otherwise the flavor was quite good, albeit mild. Added some really hot-ass salsa to the top of mine to get my spicy fix. :D
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 2:32pm
I had some homemade alfredo and split bean soup with breadsticks today. Tasted awesome :)
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 4:11pm
Y'all slackers need to start adding pics already....

I had a gigantic burrito Saturday in Silverton. Chicken & rice and it had a savory green chile sauce on top with chunks of chicken in it. The chips were homemade too. All served up with a spiked Wassail....got it all at Montanya Rum Distillery.

solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 3:54pm
Pot luck at work. Any (good) suggestions?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 6:04am

That all depends on how dedicated you are to the potluck! Our office does them quite frequently. Regular appearances are made by:
1. crock pot lil smokies/bbq sauce
2. chips
3. salsa (Im bringin salsa to the potluck at the end of this week.. just buying it though as everything's out of season)
3. potato/pasta salad
4. Chili (pretty easy to toss this stuff in a crock pot as well. cook it the day before, then basque in its deliciousness the next day).
5. meat/cheese platter.
6. soda
7. any variety of semi-simple dishes. if ya have a fave recipe that can be split into smaller portions, go for it :)

solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 9:45am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

That all depends on how dedicated you are to the potluck! Our office does them quite frequently. Regular appearances are made by:1. crock pot lil smokies/bbq sauce2. chips3. salsa (Im bringin salsa to the potluck at the end of this week.. just buying it though as everything's out of season)3. potato/pasta salad4. Chili (pretty easy to toss this stuff in a crock pot as well. cook it the day before, then basque in its deliciousness the next day).5. meat/cheese platter.6. soda7. any variety of semi-simple dishes. if ya have a fave recipe that can be split into smaller portions, go for it :)

Lil smokies sounds good. Not much effort.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 10:00am

That all depends on how dedicated you are to the potluck! Our office does them quite frequently. Regular appearances are made by:
1. crock pot lil smokies/bbq sauce
2. chips
3. salsa (Im bringin salsa to the potluck at the end of this week.. just buying it though as everything's out of season)
3. potato/pasta salad
4. Chili (pretty easy to toss this stuff in a crock pot as well. cook it the day before, then basque in its deliciousness the next day).
5. meat/cheese platter.
6. soda
7. any variety of semi-simple dishes. if ya have a fave recipe that can be split into smaller portions, go for it :)

All great suggestions.

I think the easiest route would be chips and salsa. Chips and dip.  A lot of stores sell 7-layer dip.  And you can buy a few bags of good quality chips.  Maybe even buy some fresh salsa from a Mexican store/restaurant.

Also hummus is good.  You can find hummus at most stores.

Meat and cheese platter is always great.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by chillwill

That all depends on how dedicated you are to the potluck! Our office does them quite frequently. Regular appearances are made by:1. crock pot lil smokies/bbq sauce2. chips3. salsa (Im bringin salsa to the potluck at the end of this week.. just buying it though as everything's out of season)3. potato/pasta salad4. Chili (pretty easy to toss this stuff in a crock pot as well. cook it the day before, then basque in its deliciousness the next day).5. meat/cheese platter.6. soda7. any variety of semi-simple dishes. if ya have a fave recipe that can be split into smaller portions, go for it :)
All great suggestions. I think the easiest route would be chips and salsa. Chips and dip.  A lot of stores sell 7-layer dip.  And you can buy a few bags of good quality chips.  Maybe even buy some fresh salsa from a Mexican store/restaurant. Also hummus is good.  You can find hummus at most stores.Meat and cheese platter is always great.

There's already a bunch of people bringing snack food, I wanted to bring some type of main course food.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2013 at 5:35pm
Aaargh! No meat today. It's difficult the 1st few weeks, then its easier to remember.
LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 2:57am
This is a really simple way of making a meal..
Mix rice, fried egg, soy sauce and some sesame oil together..
Chuck a bit of grated cheese in too if you want
Visually it doesnt exactly look amazingly appetising but it tastes surprisingly good
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 10:03am
Originally posted by chillwill

All great suggestions.

I think the easiest route would be chips and salsa. Chips and dip.  A lot of stores sell 7-layer dip.  And you can buy a few bags of good quality chips.  Maybe even buy some fresh salsa from a Mexican store/restaurant.

Also hummus is good.  You can find hummus at most stores.

Meat and cheese platter is always great.

That's exactly what i did for the work "potluck" we had yesterday. It got absolutely devoured! Work provided pulled pork and chopped beef for sammiches, and asked the employees to bring sides and whatnot. We live half a block from a Mexican food restaurant, so I just walked over there the night before and bought 48 oz of it. Ate a little of it myself before bringing it in, cuz I am addicted to chips n salsa lol.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 10:18am
Hooray, pot luck canceled cuz not enough contributed. I guess I get to save my lil smokies.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 10:39am
Pot lucks are disgusting, you don't know how clean/dirty someone's kitchen is and you don't know how clean/dirty they are when preparing the food.  I avoid pot lucks as if they are the plague.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 1:03pm
Potlucks are great, u just need to know who u're doing it with and make them clean it themselves
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 4:45am
Never thought how dirty a lot luck could be. My coworkers seem like they take care of themselves. But if there was one nasty person, is ask,. Which one did so n so bring.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 8:27am

Never thought how dirty a lot luck could be. My coworkers seem like they take care of themselves. But if there was one nasty person, is ask,. Which one did so n so bring.
I read this over a few times and it did not make sense.. I could not figure out what you're trying to say. maybe consider an edit? lol

when ever there's food at work.. its all for oneself.. there are some who go for seconds and thirds where there are many who have not even got a first helping.
its disgusting and inconsiderate.. but i've learned to not expect any sorta consideration when it comes to food in this workplace.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 10:07am
Originally posted by jhoang6

I read this over a few times and it did not make sense.. I could not figure out what you're trying to say. maybe consider an edit? lol
when ever there's food at work.. its all for oneself.. there are some who go for seconds and thirds where there are many who have not even got a first helping.
its disgusting and inconsiderate.. but i've learned to not expect any sorta consideration when it comes to food in this workplace.

Half my posts only make sense to me cuz I'm half asleep when I post that early.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 11:20am

Hooray, pot luck canceled cuz not enough contributed. I guess I get to save my lil smokies.

Haha, glad my suggestion almost came in handy for ya! Others are right in that potlucks have the potential to be really unsanitary. I generally only eat shit that's still over heat, or store-packaged. Won't go near some no-bake cheesecake that slimy Sally from HR brought in lol
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 6:42pm
Made Pho at home tonight....dayum son it was goooooooooooooooooooood!!!!

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 6:11pm
Told Monday to F-OFF by throwing down on a t-bone & beer tonight.

nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 7:19pm
oooh is that a lambic beer i see?

i just made dinner:

baked salmon with diced tomatoes and zuccini. i rubbed in some salt and olive oil and red wine vinegar and baked for 30min on 350F. 

then i added some spinach with sesame oil and lemon pepper. in hindsight i shouldve baked the spinach or heated it up. it was definitely not synced with the rest of the meal.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by pyrotechnics

like what, protein?  how about all the vegetables, grains, nuts, and other plant foods that have just as much if not more?  or iron?  more iron in 100 calories of spinach than in a full sirloin steak.  I could go on.  huge misconceptions coming from a misunderstanding of plant foods, but in america with the standard diet pushed by the food industry that doesn't actually care about your health, it's not surprising.  you get a more diverse array of nutrients within plant foods.  just about one of the only ones that's hard to get, which is mostly found in meat, is B6 or B12, I always forget which.

but ultimately, to each his own.  your diet is a choice and is based on what you believe in.  I would just strongly suggest everyone learn the truths about food, NOT from what the food industry tells you.  one classic example that is finally being accepted is that they have always told us dairy is good.. drink your milk every day; it's good for your bones - but that is the exact opposite of what happens in your body.  but I digress...
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 1:44pm
B12. Its the one they hold over your head forever and ever and ever. 

Man, i did a whole year of being vegan. Its so freaking hard that when im at the gates and st peter asks me what i accomplished with the gift of life, thats coming out front and center. 

Was also a vegetarian from 16 to 31. Gave up because i realised id just spent an entire year eating fish stock anyway in my zaru soba that i LIVED ON every lunch time from the convenience store. Its fairly easy to be veggie so long as you live in a country with cheese. One of the first shocks i had switching back was how dirty fish tastes, how fatty and greasy chicken is and how salty my mcdonalds is. I dont notice any of it anymore. But the memory remains strong as ever. I still prefer vegetarian food in truth. Its nice to have a fry up or a macdonalds, and its great for diet purposes to have tuna sashimi/sushi in the supermarket (yay! after only 6 years here i finally started to eat fish (i wouldnt go as far as to say 'enjoy' or 'like' it though). other than that though, meat isnt that amazing. In fact if its a sauce based food, often the sheer fact it has meat in it is enough for people to completely slack off in thinking about the viscosity and texture of their food. Veggie curries KILL for flavor and texture. Every mouthful is a different experience! Meat ones are just a sauce and a few lumps of shitty chicken on a bone. Pure shit food. Dont get me wrong, im sure YOUR curry house makes the greatest meat curries known to man with all kinds of variations, its jus on the whole its often been somewhat disappointing ordering a meat dish.   

Id sooner eat allioli to be honest. Cook yer pasta, Get some olive oil chopped garlic and chilli, toast it up, then smother the cooked pasta. finally chick in some veggies and cheese - et voila! DELICIOUS pasta salad! I spent 10 years eating that stuff almost exclusively and i never once got tired of it. Its also wayyyyy cheap to make! 

PS. Plenty of iron in chocolate as well. Well, if you eat as much as i do. Were it not for that, i dare say id have been anemic. Other than that my veggie life was fine. I felt a shtook load healthier than i do now to be honest. :) 

m00m
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 4:15pm
Sitting at my work desk dreaming of 5 guys....................

B12 is important, but really only if you develop a deficiency, which is pretty common actually. You can get b12 from eggs and dairy if vego, plants do not make it.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Migoo

You do mean 5 Guys Burgers and Fries, right?
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 6:17pm
Had a hankering for Five Guys yesterday....gonna throw down on some in a few weeks when I'm back in NC! Closest one to here is 3 1/2hrs away. Boo.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 3:26am
Originally posted by sideways99

You do mean 5 Guys Burgers and Fries, right?

I hope he means he's dreaming of 5 Guys Burgers and Fries but if he isn't... well, I guess there's nothing wrong with it.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 4:38am
Originally posted by ctoma

Originally posted by sideways99

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;"></span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">You do mean 5 Guys Burgers and Fries, right?</span>

I hope he means he's dreaming of 5 Guys Burgers and Fries but if he isn't... well, I guess there's nothing wrong with it.

I just say this and it is hilarious!!!

Just starting my morning with Dunkin Donuts coffee
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 4:49am
^ Just starting your morning with Dunkin' Donuts coffee and Snowboarder Magazine, good start to the day, eh?
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 6:08am
Why did I open this thread?  It made me so hungry.

I have been minimizing calories this year, and haven't found to many go-to foods or recipes that are low cal, but still have some sort of meat/protein to make me feel nourished as an active person.  Any thoughts on GOOD websites for this?  Or is it just hit and miss.
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 2:11pm
just went to applebees with my grandfather (old people love that place)...it was disgusting, as usual.  I got the "bourbon steak" and although the meat was tender and cooked perfectly, the sauce tasted like it was part dirty dishwater.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 92>