Everything FOOD.

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 5556575859 104>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Another day of salmon and spinach for me, but also had some short ribs, carrots and potato as well. Trying out the no carb diet.

You know you missed the no-carb train with the potato, right? LOL Depending on the size of the potato you probably had about 20-60 carbs.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 9:29am
I did the no carb thing for a while.  I lost like 10 pounds the first week.  I was very strict with it.  Only meats, cheese, eggs etc.  I'm sure my heart didn't appreciate it, but i was young at the time.

Now I do more sort of a South Beach diet.  Meat/protein, some beans and lots of vegetables.  Basically no sugar, wheat or processed foods.

Works well for me.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 12:14pm
Haha, no worries I didn't even eat a fifth of a potato.  Mostly just carrot and spinach.  Being asian, it's so hard to say no to rice!  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 5:44pm
I cannot give up my starches...period!

Eating a bowl of pasta now even LOL I did it up healthy style though...extra lean ground beef, added fresh onion, zucchini, & mushroom...farfalle pasta & a tomato basil sauce. Nom!
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by mommehK

I cannot give up my starches...period!

Eating a bowl of pasta now even LOL I did it up healthy style though...extra lean ground beef, added fresh onion, zucchini, & mushroom...farfalle pasta & a tomato basil sauce. Nom!

A life without starch is indeed a life not worth living...
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 5:59pm
We literally had fresh goat. Drove to a farm, bought a goat, slaughtered it, bring the edible remains home and made hot pot out of one of the thighs. Sold half of it to friends and freezer the rest. You can literally taste "wild" flavor from them. Pretty strong.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 6:33pm
I tried goat before. It's not bad. It helped that I didn't know what it was.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 7:00pm
Goat is one meat I haven't tried.  I have eaten emu, buffalo, Rocky Mountain oysters, elk, quail, alligator, rattlesnake and ostrich (might have missed one or two).
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 11:38am
Originally posted by sideways99

Goat is one meat I haven't tried.  I have eaten emu, buffalo, Rocky Mountain oysters, elk, quail, alligator, rattlesnake and ostrich (might have missed one or two).
You missed Deer. I'm sure if you had Elk and Buffalo before you should have tried deer. I wanna try Wild Boar.

Fun fact: If you have had calamari in a restaurant before you may have eaten pig's annus rectum before. LINK
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 11:42am
And what's wrong with eating pig rectum?  Prepared correctly it is delightful.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 12:08pm
I love strawberry Fanta. Close second is cream soda.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 4:31pm
Asian and no rice does not go in the same sentence. I'm Asian and I LOVE my carbs: rice, all noodles: ramen, soba, spaghetti, bread, pasta ...
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 4:54pm
mmmm....delicious carbs! :D

sidways - the only thing on your carnivore list I've not had would be RMO, Emu, & Ostrich (have had ostrich eggs tho). I have had kangaroo, deer, ox, and squirrel as well.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by sideways99

And what's wrong with eating pig rectum?  Prepared correctly it is delightful.
Not saying anything wrong with it but you may have paid for an over-priced rectum.LOL It's like tripe. Looks good, tastes good, but it's part of the intestine.
bubbagooch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Asian and no rice does not go in the same sentence. I'm Asian and I LOVE my carbs: rice, all noodles: ramen, soba, spaghetti, bread, pasta ...

Not only Asians love carbs.  I'm 100% not Asian and I love carbs, rice included.  I've recently come to the conclusion that my favorite food is buttered sourdough toast.  I love that stuff with all my heart.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 11:09pm
I'll add some of the more obscure meats I've hit: I've had most of the stuff above minus ostrich and rattlesnake???

- Lamb neck gland, pigeon liver, goose liver (fois gras), pig snout crisps, pretty much all of a cow and pig... donkey, wild boar, fish eyes, prawn heads, sea urchin, actually pretty much all seafood to be honest. I could seriously go on and on, I'm way into food...
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 8:30am
A local favorite restaurant of mine has a sort of daily/weekly special. This week's dessert was a bacon maple whoopie pie. Ordered a couple for the clients visiting the office (had one myself, too, of course). Frackin delish!

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 12:37pm
I used to be in love with sourdough and butter, but after I found out there is pretty much no nutritional value, I downgraded from loving it to liking it a lot :-)
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 1:24pm

I used to be in love with sourdough and butter, but after I found out there is pretty much no nutritional value, I downgraded from loving it to liking it a lot :-)

anything super delicious usually doesnt have that much nutritional value.. like bacon!
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 2:56pm
I've been eating much healthier lately.

My body is becoming much more demanding.

The last 3 days for lunch I've had a salad.  I even went out to lunch today and ordered a chicken salad.

Believe me, I would rather say screw it and just order a bacon cheeseburger and fries and have ice cream for desert.  But I know after I ate it I would feel terrible.

It sucks getting older. LOL

I even went to the grocery store and for snacks I got walnuts, figs, raisins and mixed nuts.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 8:02am
^I've been doing the same as well. Eating a lot of salads and cutting out the greasy foods. Now I don't crave junkfoods at all. But once a month I'll let myself have that burger I've been craving or w/e.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by julius77

I love strawberry Fanta. Close second is cream soda.

You need to try peach Fanta, now that is the best!  Too bad it's only in Japan.  Cry

I just ate a cinnamon pretzel, and it was big~  LOL
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 5:19pm
Pineapple Fanta is pretty freaking good too.

Hey angry did you know it's National Pretzel Day? LOL

So WHY does the Sonic here in town have to fail so often? I dammit love Sonic and was SO HAPPY there was one here! But pretty much every time I go I get cold tots, and tonight they screwed up my burger by slapping two slabs of tomato on it. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm ALLERGIC!   They read the order back correctly, the carhop read it correctly, the receipt read correctly, but the line prep dorks fubared it up. Pissed.Off.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 7:34pm
the fact that you are allergic to tomatoes is a whole different story that is completely unnatural.  food allergies don't just happen, they are created.  stuff like that used to not exist, and it's not a mystery anymore.

watch this if you care about your health.  basically everyone I have seen posting in this thread could use a dose of food truth.  this one in particular touches on the full scope of GMO related issues, including food allergies.  the part about allergies starts around 16:20 if you just want to skip to that, but it all makes more sense if you watch the whole thing.  you probably see this kind of thing enough with Jessica's facebook posts, but it just matters.

snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 12:05pm
my grandma makes the best pecan pie Smile
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 5:24pm
I've been having pie craving for some time now. Just didn't know which to get. Pecan pies at the grocery stores arnt that great. I'll just go for the generic cherry pie LOL
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 5:49pm
Thanks spenser -- I didn't develop a tomato allergy until after I was pregnant with my daughter (19 yrs ago). I was originally told it'd take me eating a whole tomato to send me to the ER. About 5 years back I tried eating a tiny slice (the "butt" slice off the bottom) of homegrown tomato from my father-in-law....it was two bites...I broke out in red splotchy welts across my face and neck in about 2 minutes & went screaming for Benadryl and my hubby's epi pen. Never again to say the least. The smell of raw tomatoes even makes my stomach churn now.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 6:18pm
I overcooked my spaghetti :-( I think it over cooked cuz I didn't rinse it with cold water this time so it just cooked while sitting there after I drained it
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 6:41pm
On the road and ate Mexican food twice today.  Lunch was great. 2 carne asada tacos with guacamole.  10 freakin dollars.  A rip off, but they were good.

For dinner 2 crunchy tacos...from a fast food Mexican place.  Also good, but only 5 bucks.

Hopefully tomorrow I will find a good Chinese restaurant.
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 8:45pm
ran 6 miles, ate carne asada sausage sandwich, went climbing finished it off with some KFC beast
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 12:04am

Thanks spenser -- I didn't develop a tomato allergy until after I was pregnant with my daughter (19 yrs ago). I was originally told it'd take me eating a whole tomato to send me to the ER. About 5 years back I tried eating a tiny slice (the "butt" slice off the bottom) of homegrown tomato from my father-in-law....it was two bites...I broke out in red splotchy welts across my face and neck in about 2 minutes & went screaming for Benadryl and my hubby's epi pen. Never again to say the least. The smell of raw tomatoes even makes my stomach churn now.
your allergy's timing seems about right for the start of the GMO takeover in the US.  the science of it is new to a lot of people (and hidden very well by megacorporationdevils), and I can understand that it could be hard to believe, but the GMO issue really is as big a deal as people like Jessica or I might make it seem.  the allergy concept was one of the most interesting things to me.... you would never guess that was the case, but when you learn the science of it, it makes a lot of sense, and in the end I actually find it pretty simple.  being allergic to regular vegetables and plant foods is just totally unnatural... as the chef states in the documentary, no one had those allergies 20-30 years ago.  all signs point to GMOs for cases like that, especially when you hear about how it's cured.

mostly unrelated to your specific post, every time I come into this thread, it's quite hard for me not to say anything along those same lines.  I leave frustrated most of the time, but the tomato allergy struck me hard enough that I couldn't help it, hah.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 1:52am
Baked sweet potatoes for dinner. Topped with butter, coleslaw, sour cream, and bacon. Delicious!!
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 11:18am
I live in the dorms and kept hearing talking outside, went to go look and see why there was a bunch of people just hanging out with food. I found out there was free food!! blueberry pancakes, strawberries, bananas, oj, apple juice. It was nice :-)
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 1:57pm

I overcooked my spaghetti :-( I think it over cooked cuz I didn't rinse it with cold water this time so it just cooked while sitting there after I drained it

I love overcooked spaghetti though, it's all nice and soft otherwise it would feel all raw to me.  LOL  
fat_theo View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fat_theo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 2:14pm
Oh, I can't do overcooked Pasta. I much prefer it aldente. Otherwise it just starts to disintegrate on me. However, undercooked pasta sheets in lasagna is a big turn-off.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 4:31pm
Had spaghetti from jolibee. Kinda sweet. But not bad.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 7:25pm
Dim Sum in the morning and Korean food at night. Top it off with Jackfruit and Globe grapes before bed. I'm full
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 6:21am
Made some turkey tacos for dinner last night. Really hate how ground turkey looks when it cooks. Gray  matter is just not appetizing. So i seasoned the @($* out of it til it turned a color that warranted consumption, and rather enjoyed myself :)
Got some pork ribs in the fridge that i've been wanting to grill up for the last couple days. Unfortunately I was too busy to get that accomplished over the weekend, and it's way too windy today to even try to get that going. Maybe I;ll throw im in a crockpot for tuesday.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 7:19pm
tonights din cooked some bagged ramen noodles with eggs and diced ham,some roasted garlic,green onion top off with some rice crackers for crunch,added too much sriracha in it,tummy is now satisfied.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 9:52pm
Cuties from Costco are soooo good. I know u can get them anywhere but I love them enough to get Costco size :-) so easy to take on the go and easy to eat/peel
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by bootleg

tonights din cooked some bagged ramen noodles with eggs and diced ham,some roasted garlic,green onion top off with some rice crackers for crunch,added too much sriracha in it,tummy is now satisfied.
Amen! I save it for days like those cold lazy days in the winter. Hits the spot! If available, I add sliced beef or shredded pork to the mix.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 11:15pm

Basic brekky but a tasty one. 3 egg white, 1 whole egg, white onion, kale and a teaspoon of tandoori paste
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 5:35pm
Good lookin fritatta-like thing, mj :)

I made suntea, for the first time ever! Sure.. it's really not much of a feat, but it's something i've been meaning to do for the past 2-3 summers and never got around to, and finally did. It hasn't been terribly sunny out until today, so it sat outside since Tuesday afternoon.. turned out good! :D pretty stoked!
Got some country style "ribs" on the grill right now, gonna eat like a boss tonight :D
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 5:47pm
Not sure what I was thinking... Just had a craving for KFC for lunch, have not in ages, so went for it. Currently sitting back at my desk full of regret.................
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 7:19pm
I love Korean side dishes with Bulgogi!

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Got some pork ribs in the fridge that i've been wanting to grill up for the last couple days. Unfortunately I was too busy to get that accomplished over the weekend, and it's way too windy today to even try to get that going. Maybe I;ll throw im in a crockpot for tuesday.

Hey hon, you can't leave meat in the fridge for that long...!!!! Hope you meant Tuesday as in the day-after-you-posted-on-Monday.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 9:36pm
How many ppl like eggs on top of bread, instead of bread and eggs separate? But the eggs have to be a little runny :-)
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 11:54pm

How many ppl like eggs on top of bread, instead of bread and eggs separate? But the eggs have to be a little runny :-)

I've never had eggs on the side?? Is this an american thing? I thought it was just stock standard for eggs on top of the toast
fat_theo View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fat_theo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 2:29am
I'm all for eggs on toast, and yes the yolk has to be runny. Then all the goodness is soaked up on the bread. In fact I've got an idea for breakfast....
p.s I'm from outside the US so could be a cultural thing
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 8:32am

Originally posted by j_lucky84

Hey hon, you can't leave meat in the fridge for that long...!!!! Hope you meant Tuesday as in the day-after-you-posted-on-Monday.

1. yes i did, but
2. That didnt end up happening. Grilled em up yesterday :). OM NOM!

Indian tacos for lunch today! I'll take a pic and revise my post when I pile that thing together. Stay tuned!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 104>