Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3940414243 104>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 8:14pm
Made some bacon-chicken alfredo pizza tonight with the GF (well.. she had a veggie-alfredo pizza, shes a vegetarian). We were in a pinch; generally we make our own dough, but just got some pillsbury shit out of the tube today. I wouldn't recommend it.. but otherwise the pizza was really good! and i'm also really happy to be able to eat like.. real food again! lol
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2012 at 10:19pm
^ Damn that pizza sounds bomb.. I'm currently snacking on an orange creme bar, nothing like ice cream when you cant sleep haha.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 12:56pm
^^I ate pizza, too! I ordered Domino's Hawaiian pineapple and ham pizza with cheese breadsticks. :)
ShredDatPow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredDatPow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 1:15pm
Nothing goes better while watching a football game like hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill with some baked beans.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2012 at 2:27pm
My mom is cooking up some homemade bun bo hue noodles.  Shocked
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 4:23am
Homemade granola, vanilla yogurt, strawberries and grapes.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 4:05am

Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by woodhomie1996

That sushi looks good. Is it homemade? I've tried making sushi before but it always falls apart. :(
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 4:53am
No not homemade, just got take out.
My mom makes some awesome sushi but she hasn't done it in a while.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 4:42pm
I couldnt go on in this world without mexican food-just ate a delicious chile relleno
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 7:50am
Originally posted by timpiper

I couldnt go on in this world without mexican food-just ate a delicious chile relleno

The lady friend and i made some chili rellenos a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately it was like 2 days before my wisdom tooth surgery, so i never finished the leftovers! <cries>. But i totally hear you! I think Mexican cuisine is my absolute favorite. Got a couple taco trucks in town for the Round Up (along with a bunch of other stands of various backgrounds). Hit up a taco truck last night n got a chicken taco.. simple, but realllly good! I'ma hit em up again tonight cuz they will have added tongue to the options. Never had it, so i figure ill try :).

Also had some mouthwatering brisket yesterday evening. Same folks that occupied a booth next to our house last year are back :). They received RAVE reviews around town last year, but by the time i made it over there they were out! Fortunately they still had some smoked brats.. I served em up a couple shots of whiskey so they gave me food for free :D. Can't we just bring back the barter system for good?!
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 7:57am
SnowboardinRox. - When making sushi it's all in the rice. There are several good recipes online but you need to follow them very closely. Sushi rice requires a lot of sugar and rice vinegar in it. Also if it is falling apart you may want to get a sushi press instead of a bamboo roller.   It's what we use and it works great. The sushi comes out in square pieces instead of round though.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 7:58am
Made some chicken-chili earlier this week, and it turned out kind of bland.  That is, until the wife asked if I had put red pepper flakes in, and my answer was No!  OMG, how could I have forgotten that most important part?  So I ended up putting some flakes in my bowl, and BINGO that did the trick!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 4:42pm
Let pizza cool down before you bite into it. I burnt the roof of my mouth. Again. I swear, I do this bout twice a year. You think I'd learn by now. Smh.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2012 at 6:36am
Pizza, with just a little garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2012 at 7:32am
I think everyone falls victim to that on occasion, solo. I mean, really.. who can really hold off those two extra minutes when uber delicious pizza is right there in front of em :D.
I hit up the taco truck again yesterday as planned and ordered a tongue taco.. The texture was slightly different, but it was a pretty damn good meal! There's still a few other stands i wanna hit up before the week ends. Gotta remember to keep cash on my person!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 5:21pm
been trying to eat mostly natural fruit/veggie/grain/nuts/beans as the jist of my diet for some time now. i recently decided to try to go to an almost completely whole foods plant-based diet, so i'm not buying dairy or meat until further notice. reason is just for health, nothing to do with eating animals. i think the only animal products i'm going to keep eating are local seafood and venison. i also don't plan to be overly strict about it, like if i'm at a family dinner and we're eating meat or something, i'm not going to oppose it.

made a huge salad a few days ago to last the whole week, and it turned out super tasty. kale, arugula, spinach, carrot, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, red/yellow/green peppers, and green onion.
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 6:50pm
  I have been gradually working my way to something similar^  since last Oct.  I'm basically to that pt really.  I have been going w/ Amish raised chicken.  Really, really low dairy.. just a little good quality cheese here and there (def not a lot).  Organic soy milk.  I feel a ton better!!! Just in general, I feel better.  I have more energy, I sleep better, I'm not tired in the morning, I never feel like  'Oh man.. I shouldn't have eaten that..."
  I have 'leaned-up' and dropped 15-20lbs.  And my allergies are not as bad at all (which seems to have been the happy side effect of me cutting wheat and gluten foods/ products from my diet).
Good foods make you feel good... pretty simple really.  HAHA

I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by MikeD13559

I have been gradually working my way to something similar^  since last Oct.  I'm basically to that pt really.  I have been going w/ Amish raised chicken.  Really, really low dairy.. just a little good quality cheese here and there (def not a lot).  Organic soy milk.  I feel a ton better!!! Just in general, I feel better.  I have more energy, I sleep better, I'm not tired in the morning, I never feel like  'Oh man.. I shouldn't have eaten that..."  I have 'leaned-up' and dropped 15-20lbs.  And my allergies are not as bad at all (which seems to have been the happy side effect of me cutting wheat and gluten foods/ products from my diet).Good foods make you feel good... pretty simple really.  HAHA

Yeah, eating heathly food does make you feel better. Whenever I eat salad instead of tacos, pizza, fast food, etc., I feel less heavy. And healthy food keeps your body in better condition :)
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 9:28am
Originally posted by spenser

made a huge salad a few days ago to last the whole week, and it turned out super tasty. kale, arugula, spinach, carrot, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, red/yellow/green peppers, and green onion.

Kale is like one of the best foods you can possibly eat.  Super nutrient dense.

http://livingmaxwell.com/andi-scores-what-are-they

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2012 at 10:14pm
precisely why it is a key ingredient to my supersalad!

made my second batch today.  tore the leaves into smaller pieces this time, instead of running them through the machine... keepin' it leafy.  and apparently they're selling locally grown bean sprouts at safeway now, so i tried those out.. super good just on their own.

going to start soaking my own beans soon, and i think i might start making my own almond milk too.  god damned hippies!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2012 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by spenser

precisely why it is a key ingredient to my supersalad!
made my second batch today.  tore the leaves into smaller pieces this time, instead of running them through the machine... keepin' it leafy.  and apparently they're selling locally grown bean sprouts at safeway now, so i tried those out.. super good just on their own.
going to start soaking my own beans soon, and i think i might start making my own almond milk too.  god damned hippies!

I've never tried kale before, but I do eat bean sprouts. I usually put some in my salad along with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, carrots, beans, dressing, and croutons.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 2:59am
I've been substituting quinoa into my meals instead of rice every now and then. Tastes okay but I can't seem to cook it right it's always mushy
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 5:44am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

I've been substituting quinoa into my meals instead of rice every now and then. Tastes okay but I can't seem to cook it right it's always mushy

My wife loves quinoa, I absolutely hate it.  We have tried it several times and I just can't get past the taste and mushy texture.  We never eat white rice (no nutritional value) and occasionally eat brown rice.  Probably eat whole wheat couscous more than any other similar rice-like item.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 5:51am

I started using quinoa instead of rice because it has way more protein.  You guys are definitely overcooking it if it's mushy.  When it's done it should actually have the same kind of texture as couscous if it's cooked right.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 8:30am
Whole wheat, turkey, cheddar, hummus, lettuce and tomato
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 8:48am
I've been fortunate enough not to have had "bad" quinoa... yet. I first tried it as it was in a salad at the buffet across the street from work. Really enjoyed it, and now the lady cooks it up for me fairly regularly. Can't stand couscous though; I know the texture is CLOSE, but it's off just enough to make me ill. I think it's cuz it reminds me of tapioca as a kid. <gag>
Vk14 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Vk14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 9:35am
Unfortunately I don't have all those good foods to make salads out of, so to eat healthy for right now I need to eat eggs, chicken (grilled), oatmeal, and fruits... it's really repetitive, I should get some of that other stuff:)
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 11:00am
Mike: we need to have a GF convo sometime soon hon...please. :)

Spens: what is this supersalad that you speak of? Did I miss a post?

Quinoa -- I've had it made into a curry "salad" that included raisins, apples, onions, almonds...from EarthFare. Holy snot that was some GOOD STUFF but they don't keep it in their fresh food deli consistently, so I've not been able to get it the last few times I went.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 4:50pm
Hot and spicy spam is heeella spicy. It's marinated in tobasco and the taste is a little overpowering but if you like spam and tobasco, I highly recommend.
Funinc158 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Funinc158 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 6:22pm
Been eating healthy lately. I've cut out most of my junk food, only allow myself a tiny bit each day. I'm soon gonna cut it all out.

Had a nice salad today with some shrooms, alfa alfa sprouts, cucumbers along with a mozzarella and tomato sandwich.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 8:49pm
Im coming to the conclusion that food is my biggest vice-had jack's spicy chicken combo from jack n the box at 5:30 this morning again while unloading the truck at work
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 5:20am
Made quinoa made with chicken broth, onions and carrots and it was super bitter, not really sure what happened.

This morning I had
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 10:20am
Lunch
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2012 at 8:35pm
Are they over cooked chips? ^^
If only Queensland had snow...
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 4:08am
On a meat eating spree.

Tuesday had Galbi at a nice Korean restaurant.
Wednesday had spicy pork ribs and marinated steak at another Korean restuarant
Today going to have steak and hash browns at Ruth Chris.
Friday most likely bulgogi at inlaws
Saturday going to have a big variety of live clams cooked on a grill. Then tendon soup? (Korean food again)
Sunday going to a big Japanese mall in NJ. probably gonna get some donkatsu and ramen!

haha.. nice to have a schedule set to eating. (no wonder I'm fat and out of shape.)
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 5:41am
Slow cooked some ribs last night. 2.5 hours well worth it. Meat was tender and juicy. Mmmm.
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just before descending into the Waipio Valley Hawai'i

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 6:03am
^ Big fan of slow cooked ribs.... mind if i ask your technique?

Personally I slow smoke mine.  Homemade memphis style rub with a baste of Cider vinegar, coke, and olive oil.  I try to run the smoker at about 240-260deg and i let it run for about 5 hours.  Typically they fall off the bone and are stellar.

I've also used the oven method where you slow roast them over a pan of water (holds moisture) for 2-3 hours.  Just as juicy and tender, but they lose that umph from the smoke.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 6:30am
They are potato, blue potato and sweet potato chips
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 8:23am
Good lookin burger, woodhomie :). And i like multi-colored potato chips :).

Has anyone seen the team-colored tortilla chips at the store? Here in pendleton, OR i've only seen the Beaver-colored ones; I'm sure there've gotta be duck ones around somewhere. Find me some WSU ones and im on it! :D
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Good lookin burger, woodhomie :). And i like multi-colored potato chips :). Has anyone seen the team-colored tortilla chips at the store? Here in pendleton, OR i've only seen the Beaver-colored ones; I'm sure there've gotta be duck ones around somewhere. Find me some WSU ones and im on it! :D

I haven't seen team-colored tortilla chips in stores in California. The only colored ones I've seen are blue corn tortilla chips.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by mommehK

Spens: what is this supersalad that you speak of? Did I miss a post?
two posts a few posts up.  just a mash of a bunch of different veggies, basically
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2012 at 8:40pm
added Piada to my list of favorite places to eat just behind Chipotle. They make perfect pasta and have tasty basil pesto.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 4:07am
cowboy ribeye was great!!!! too bad they don't have the hash browns any more.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 5:53am
@ shift4200. I don't have any technique down yet. I rarely slow cook ribs cuz it takes so long. I just follow random recipes on the internet. To be honest I'm not that great a cook. Sometimes my food is bland, sometimes too salty, but every now and then I'll get it juuust right.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 9:04am
Originally posted by solocreep

@ shift4200. I don't have any technique down yet. I rarely slow cook ribs cuz it takes so long. I just follow random recipes on the internet. To be honest I'm not that great a cook. Sometimes my food is bland, sometimes too salty, but every now and then I'll get it juuust right.

Hey man, that's cool. Least ya keep trying. Hell, i've effed up a box of mac n cheese in my time... but I'm still at it! Whenever im trying something new i try to keep track of everything i do/use, so if it turns out good, i can use it later. I have a little trapper keeper starting to pile up with my own lil creations :).
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 5:56am
One thing I got down is breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, etc. It's rare I screw that up.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by solocreep

One thing I got down is breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, etc. It's rare I screw that up.

Lol same here. I can't ever cook lunch or dinner but I can always cook breakfast. I can make waffles, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, eggs, bagels, and donuts.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2012 at 2:29pm
Breakfast is one of my fave things to cook, and I was able to cook some this morning :). Made fried eggs (need a new pan for that though, the ones we got are sticky as hell :( ), and more or less "hash" browns, including some sauteed poblanos, red bell pepper, onion, serranos, and some various seasonings, and finally topped off with queso fresco; also fried up a couple canadian bacon pieces. Not terribly ornate, but it was tasty n filling.
Gf's making some shepherds pie for dinner... though.. since she's a vegetarian.. its a bit bastardized lol
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 104>