Everything FOOD.

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 5253545556 104>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Online Status: Offline
  Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 4:29pm
Not supposed to eat meat today, but I did. And it was goooood.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 4:56pm
Attempted to make some nachos.  Usually pretty easy and straight forward. Chips, then put a bunch of cheese and other ingredients that are good. 

But this time they didn't turn out good.  The cheese didn't melt right for some reason. Maybe I didn't have the oven hot enough when I put them in. 

Oh well.  I poured on a bunch of hot sauce and salsa and ate them anyway. haha
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 5:27pm
LOL chillwill, your salsa mighthave been too cold and didn't heat up right.. cheese hence didn't melt., maybe next time leave it out for room temp?
I want more food by at the same time i'm feeling so tired.. wanna nap. think i will for 5 mins

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 9:23am
Alligator actually tastes a little more like chewy saltier chicken...LOL

Reminds me that there's a BBQ place in town that serves Fried Gator Po'Boys...need to try that out eventually.

Picked up some Banana Caramel Pancake mix from World Market and finally made them this morning...holy hallelujah those were GOOD! I think I'll cut up chunks of fresh banana to add next time.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 10:26am
Never tried alligator but crocodile isn't all that yummy either?
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 12:45pm
can you get venison in california?
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 1:00pm
Ive had an alligator po boy. It was juicier than chicken and with the right herbs and spices tasted great.
Frog legs on the other hand had a chewy texture to them. Id rather eat roosters feet from a dim sum restaurant.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 1:09pm
I've never had frogs legs.  Would be willing to try it though.

I have had alligator.  I liked it.  Like chicken, but the meat didn't seem as dense as chicken, in my opinion.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by chillwill

I've never had frogs legs.  Would be willing to try it though.

Had fresh frog legs last summer on our float trip. Caught a few at night and cooked right away. It was delicious! funny fact I found that if you skin the legs and pour salt on it, it will start twitching. Pretty cool.
quangaroo21 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote quangaroo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 5:19pm
Craving some really good bbq ribs. Wanna go to texas to have some Rudys bbq and their creamed corn. SOOO GOOOD!
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 6:40pm
had some free chineese to go food. chop suy fried rice and orange chicken never tasted better
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 4:52am
Nothing but junk food last night. Paying for it this morning
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 5:22am
Nothing but BBQ at Moe's Original BBQ in Vail last night, still taste it this morning.  We ordered a shitload of pulled pork, smoked turkey and ribs plus a bunch of sides and ate like there's no tomorrow.  Still had some left over to take home.  Good stuff.
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 5:48am
Retards can't even take the 5 seconds to post a pic of the "food"
How stupid has this thread become... Every other post is "Oh i ate some chicken it was great!"
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 6:51am
Originally posted by kikko

How stupid has this thread become... Every other post is "Oh i ate some chicken it was great!"

Although I agree that pictures are nice,  This isn't the "Post Pics of Your Food" thread.  It is the "Everything Food" thread.

If you refer to the first post of this thread: http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48397&PID=1078314#1078314

"You can post food pics, what you like to eat, what you eat before you go up to the mountain..etc. Or tell us the best dine ins/dives in your area so others know where to stop by for a bite during a visit!"

If this was the post pics of food thread, believe me, the mods would be marking all picture-less posts as Spam.

By the way, I just ate a giant salad. I've been using oatmeal as one of the toppings.  I'm full and it was very healthy.  Life is good.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 1:06pm

1. What chillwill said above
2. Your post didn't mention "anything food" aside from quoting what other people said (you may need to edit your post or get spammed)
3. YOU didn't post any pictures now did you?
4. Some of us know too well that TruSnow sucks at uploading pictures. At times it won't load at all

Here's what I had today, Banh Mi from our local cafe. I can't upload a picture of it but here's a LINK to what it looks like.
bubbagooch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 2:32pm

I have tried many times to post pictures, but even when the photo is the correct file type and size it will not let me.  Due to this inconvenience, I make due with words.  However, I can post pictures if I link a URL.  I love food... especially pizza.   And here's a picture, I hope this makes you happy.  
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 4:52pm
I've had fried frog legs before -- it's kinda like a chicken/fishy hybrid thing...don't know how else to describe it. I didn't particularly care for it honestly.

There's a restaurant in Asheville that has a "gator bites" appetizer that comes with a nice creole-based dip....yuuuuummy yum yum!
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 5:20pm
^ Smaller frog legs prepared with lots of garlic are quite good.  My experience with larger frog legs are they tend to be rubbery and not tasty.

LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 8:02pm
I love Korean instant noodles! Theyve got such a big range of flavours etc :D I could literally live off them if they were actually good for your health..
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 4:43am
Originally posted by haiv143

1. What chillwill said above
2. Your post didn't mention "anything food" aside from quoting what other people said (you may need to edit your post or get spammed)
3. YOU didn't post any pictures now did you?
4. Some of us know too well that TruSnow sucks at uploading pictures. At times it won't load at all

Here's what I had today, Banh Mi from our local cafe. I can't upload a picture of it but here's a LINK to what it looks like.
LOL!  And KIKO gets a SPAM count cause his post actually had NOTHING to do with food!   Even though I do agree that I prefer the pics, but I've been slacking on my snaps as well ever since I left FaceBook.  

anyway...

Got Freddy's Steakburgers yesterday http://www.freddysusa.com/ for the fam.  Burgers are about the same as Steak and Shake and about the same price, but their frozen custard is AMAZING.  You can mix anything in with it, so I picked up a quart of chocolate with fresh strawberries mixed in for $6 for the whole fam to share.  You gotta give it a shot.  
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 5:18am
Honey nut Cheerios and toast for breakfast. And a rockstar to help wash it down. Need it for the time change.
ShredDatPow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredDatPow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 7:37am
That bagel with apple cream cheese really hit the spot, I was so hungry.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 9:45am
I know this is gonna be rather locale-specific... But some buddies and I are making a trip to White Pass this weekend to do some boarding. We'll be renting a cabin so we'll have acess to a kitchen to save some money on grub. But does anyone know of any decent places (or "MUST haves") in Packwood?
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 2:00pm

Some liquid that went down this week

Rogue was at the top _ just a bit heavy

Fear is the Mind Killer
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 5:24pm
I just got my factory made patties!! hot dang I'm excited to bake one up this evening to have a snack DELUXED what what.. =D
I'd snap a picture and show you all but i don't have something to snap the picture, and 2ndly I don't have  anywhere to upload the pic too... TS doesn't work in that way.yum yum Yellow goodness
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 7:20pm
It's our anniversary night and my gf got too lazy to dress up and go out so we settled on eating at Apple Bee's. For some damn reason I thought my dish came with pasta but it came out with rice. Totally ruined my appetite...and I was craving pasta since last week!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 6:45pm
Twinkies are coming back. Too bad if u paid $100 for one.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Twinkies aren't even that good. Can't believe people would pay $100 for them.

Ate a Chipotle Burrito Bowl for lunch today :)
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

Twinkies are average at best. When did this idiocy occur?
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 5:46am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

Twinkies are average at best. When did this idiocy occur?

When Hostess went bankrupt, there was a national craze to sweep up every twinkie left on store shelves. I imagined some other company would eventually buy the rights to it.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 6:22am
I eat oatmeal wit craisins, raisins and banana's every morning..  I live a boring life :(
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 7:05am
I packed a lunch for today, but rushed out of the house before I could eat breakfast. Got hungry while sitting in traffic and now I have to buy a lunch. Clap Noggin not really workin for me today.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 7:41am
Originally posted by adeodadus

Some liquid that went down this week

Rogue was at the top _ just a bit heavy

I really enjoy the Hazelnut Brown Nectar :). It's been on tap at a number of joints around town (living in Oregon has its perks :D ). Never had Moylan's Kilt Lifter, but Pike Brewing Company in Seattle also makes a beer of that name :)

I need to get some food prepped to bring to the weekend boarding trip, but I dunno what i want! I dont wanna eat sammiches for 2 straight days. Got a buncha breakfast shiz to make some hash with (pork and beef chorizo, queso enchilado, shredded potatoes, eggs, bell peppers).. im hungry just thinkin about it!
Though we only have two compact cars to travel in with 6 people, gear, and food... I dont think there's gonna be space for everything... shite
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Blur510

I eat oatmeal wit craisins, raisins and banana's every morning..  I live a boring life :(

I started eating oatmeal about a year ago.  I used to hate it.  Now I like it.

I eat mine with a banana.  I was adding honey, but I stopped because of the high sugar content.  I keep forgetting to buy some Stevia for a sweetener.  I've never tried it before.

Today for breakfast I had mustard greens, brown rice, turkey sausage, and an egg sunny side up.  Haha, weird breakfast, I know.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 11:55am
Grilled cheese for lunch. Mmmm.
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 1:56pm

Grilled cheese for lunch. Mmmm.

nomm grilled cheese truck
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by chillwill

Originally posted by Blur510

I started eating oatmeal about a year ago.  I used to hate it.  Now I like it.

I eat mine with a banana.  I was adding honey, but I stopped because of the high sugar content.  I keep forgetting to buy some Stevia for a sweetener.  I've never tried it before.

Today for breakfast I had mustard greens, brown rice, turkey sausage, and an egg sunny side up.  Haha, weird breakfast, I know.

that soesn't sound weird, it actually sounds good, if u think that is weird, I eat 1 slice of wheat bread 2 slices of turkey ham and a hard boiled egg for lunch maybe 4 out of the the working days. Sometimes I have mayo with my sandwhich.. haha
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 5:49pm
just went to casey for a huge burger, not bad not bad 
bubbagooch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 1:44pm
I've been eating a lot of fried egg sandwiches on sourdough lately.  They consist of 3 eggs fried, onion slices and my grandpa's secret sauce (mayo, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce).  I go light on the mayo because I think it's gross, but it's just not right without it.  I love the Worcestershire sauce and ketchup so those end up being the bulk of the sauce.  I recommend trying it because it's delicious.  
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 2:41pm
I love Panera Bread and Corner Bakery. I can't decide which one I like better, especially since I study at both places quite often. Their food is equally good so far. I love the atmosphere/employee happiness at Corner Bakery more than Panera, but Panera is a lot closer to me. I love Panera's greek salad, cream of chicken & wild rice. I get it almost everytime I study at Panera. Wild rice is starting to catch on to me :-)
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 4:07pm
Home made pizza. Sausage and mushrooms. Mmmm.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 6:41pm
Still eating left over tuna salad and crackers from yesterday for lent. That shiz is good! Anyone got a good recipe? I'd like to change it up for Friday :)
We added celery to the mix for the crunchiness.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 10:24pm
Hollowed out strawberries, dipped in chocolate, and used as shot glasses. "F" yeah.
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 3:55am

Hollowed out strawberries, dipped in chocolate, and used as shot glasses. "F" yeah.

Did you buy these or make them yourself? Also, how big are those strawberries? Do you have to find the biggest ones you can?
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 4:25am
It's st.paddys day today..food gets replaced with alcoholic drink!
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 5:21am
Yep, all the bars and pubs will be serving green beer.  And corned beef and cabbage.  Luckily for me I love corned beef and cabbage.

They can keep the green beer and give me regular beer instead.  And I'll need some spicy mustard for the corned beef.  Delicious.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 8:35pm
Lion king roll is Booomb. I highly recommend it.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 8:59pm
hey solo I saw something about that on FB...how'd they turn out???
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 5:49am
Friends made some beef stew for St. Patty's day and added Guiness to the pot. I'm not a big fan of Guiness but it tasted pretty damn good! Then had my green KilKenny to wash it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 104>