Everything FOOD.

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 5960616263 108>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: May/27/2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by haiv143

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Holy crap, that is a lot of meat!  How much does that usually run a person for since everyone keeps saying they're pricey?  
Brazilian steak dinner runs about $75 a person. Might be cheaper for lunch.the gf and me finally got all day to ourselves because of Memorial day. We went to get us some Korean!Kim Chi PancakeLove kim chi side dishes!Figured I try something new. It's a cold noodle dish. The spicy sauce does not taste spicy but so delicious!

its usually about 30 -40 per person in LA, the fancy ones can be about 50, 75 seems really pricey
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 12:26am
Thankfully my gf took me out for my bday dinner so I didn't have to pay a thing but it was in the $50 per person range. Still very steep but worth a try.

Love Korean food and the amount of sides you get! but I find there's no room on the table for my porkbone soup when it shows up. Literally juggling dishes to create space. Lol
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 6:26am
final week and I can't think about food right now, need to study. Eating just wastes my time :-(
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 7:31am

There's also another kind of Korean cold noodle that doesn't have the red sauce. They use wasabe (or a mustard sauce) and vinegar instead. I think it's better than the one with the red sauce.

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 10:49am
Wow, you guys spend so much money on just eating!  Shocked

When it comes to Korean food, my fav is hot tofu soup.  I could care less for all the side dishes.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 10:52am
Originally posted by lightning80

There's also another kind of Korean cold noodle that doesn't have the red sauce. They use wasabe (or a mustard sauce) and vinegar instead. I think it's better than the one with the red sauce.

I think it's called neng myun. usually served with half a boiled egg and shredded cucumber/radishes/apples slices?
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 11:36am
I love Kimchee Pancakes but the little shops I go to don't have them, so I make them at home.  My favorite, though, is either kimchee chige (kimchee soup) and ja jang myun (brown bean paste noodles)  

On another note, I finally picked up that Huntington grill from Lowes.  Last one in stock.  Put it together last night and did a burn in plus seasoned the grates.  It's a little smaller then my old grill but it's SUPER nice.  All the burners fire right up with one click and it gets real hot real quick.  Will grill some burgers and dogs tonight just to get use to it but hope to try some steak or ribs on it this weekend!
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Von44

Gf is taking me to some Brazilian style meat buffet tonight. I'll try to post some pics later. Apparently they walk around with giant skewers of meat all night. 
We have a fugo de chow and a texas de brazil here.  Absolutly love it, but we only go on birthdays when we get a 2 for 1 cause it's about $45 per person.  
Got a "fathers eat free" on fathers day so might go again for that.

so...much...meat...
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by MrMeaty

Gf is taking me to some Brazilian style meat buffet tonight. I'll try to post some pics later. Apparently they walk around with giant skewers of meat all night. 
We have a fugo de chow and a texas de brazil here.  Absolutly love it, but we only go on birthdays when we get a 2 for 1 cause it's about $45 per person.  
Got a "fathers eat free" on fathers day so might go again for that.

so...much...meat...

Funny you mentioned that.  I just drove by the Fugo De Chow this morning.  On Flamingo and Howard Hughes.

Looks really good (checked out the website), but it definitely seems like a special occasion type place to eat $$$.

Perfect for someone on a low carb diet lol.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by anna.chan18

its usually about 30 -40 per person in LA, the fancy ones can be about 50, 75 seems really pricey

I think it's because I usually go on Fridays/Saturdays when they have the Fillet Mignon special. I mean, who wouldn't pay to eat a filet mignon buffet? With Groupon, it's about $35 a person.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 3:39pm
I need to watch out for that if it goes on Groupon. I need to search and see if there is one around my area. I would pay for AYCE filet mignon, that sounds crazy good
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 6:05pm
beans were part of the dinner. only a matter of time before I start farting.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 11:34am
Made some mini fajitomelettes for breakfast this morning. Had some leftover pepper/mushrooms from making fajitas a couple nights ago, so tossed those, along with some cheese and ham, and then topped it off with some chipotle hot sauce and a guac/sour cream mix.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 1:59pm
Why couldn't the dive bar close to me that my friends go to have food. It's would definitely keep us there longer :-)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 2:47pm
they should park a food truck outside it!!! keeps ppl there ALL night and GREAT business
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by anna.chan18

they should park a food truck outside it!!! keeps ppl there ALL night and GREAT business

food trucks are awesome. some are nasty but we have an "off the grid" close here on Tuesdays and its always crowded.especially the senior sisig truck. never tried it cuz the line is too long, but it's on my to do list.
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 5:48pm
Had some amazing pork and rice from a Korean place in town. Was really impressed with the quality for a college type place
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 6:37pm
Here are some variations to a dish called Loco Moco

Quail egg on poke

Poached Egg on "Wyagu beef pattie"

Quail egg sunny on tenderloin

Two eggs easy over rice/beef short rib

Fear is the Mind Killer
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 9:35pm
^^^ Did you say Loco Moco? Those words are music to my ears! By far my fave Hawaiian dish but never thought to sub the beef patty for poke. Btw, where did you get these dishes?
return2heaven View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 6:37am
Wow those Loco Moco variations look downright awesome
magichc View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 8:31am
wow, the quail egg on poke looks really good, but I'm sure the poached egg on wyagu beef had to taste delicious. That's some fine quality meat right there and eggs always makes the dish taste better :-)
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 10:19am
Is it just me or does those dishes look small?  I was never a fan of dining in a place that charges you an arm and a leg for a tiny dish.  LOL
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 10:48am
Approve Yes the quail LMs are bite size.

The poke LM was from Pineapple room : they had a pre fix course called loco moco, so I had to order it.  The other quail LM was from Azure's pre fix menu. 

Egg does make everything taste better Big smile _ There a place called whole ox with dry aged beef, quartered potatoes and easy over on top. 

But yeah _ at one point the thought of = damn this is some expensive loco moco = bubbled a little.

My other favorite variation is = Bi Bim Bap w/ prime bogulgi and 2 poached eggs..
Fear is the Mind Killer
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 2:52pm
Reminder for Father's day

Hokus < ="/modules/menudetail.cfm?oid=OT_02212006121311228678&instance=" method="post" style="padding:0; margin:0;"> See Our Other Menus

Father's Day Brunch, Sunday June 16
10:00am  –  2:00pm 
SALADS AND APPETIZERS 
On Ice: 
Fresh Chilled Lobster
Oysters
Shrimp
Clams
Ahi Poke 
Tako Poke 
Smoked Salmon 
Traditional Condiments 
Made-to-Order Sushi: 
Ahi 
Ebi Unagi 
Hamachi 
California Rolls
Ahi Sashimi 
Hamachi Sashimi
Lomi Salmon 
Spicy Ahi 
Salad Bar: 
Romaine Hearts Nalo Greens 
Watercress and Tofu Salad
Serrano Ham, Melons & Pineapple
Chilled Asparagus
Buffalo Mozzarella with Sliced Vine RipeTomato 
Assorted Breads 
Domestic  and  Imported  Cheeses 
BUFFET  MAIN  COURSES 
Butter Poached King Crab Legs 
Clarified Butter and Lemon 
Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura 
Traditional Dipping Sauce 
Hoku’s  Eggs  Benedict 
Cheddar Cheese Biscuit, Smoked Salmon and Béarnaise Sauce 
Miso Butterfish
Short Rib Hash 
French Toast with Fresh Berries
Roasted Garlic Chicken 
Wok Fried Garlic Vegetables 
Stir Fry Shellfish 
Chorizo, Chili Garlic Sauce 
MADE TO ORDER 
Made To Order Omelets 
Forest Mushrooms, Maui Onion, Ham, Bacon
White Cheddar Cheese, Tomatoes, Green Onion, Spinach 
Made to Order Ahi Poke Musubi 
CARVING STATION 
Roast Prime Rib of Beef 
Red Wine Reduction, Horseradish Cream
Roasted New Zealand Rack of Lamb 
Herb Jus, Mint Jelly
DESSERT  BUFFET 
Apple   Pie 
Chocolate   Layer   Cake Fresh    Fruit    Tarts 
Chocolate    Caramel    Tarts Irish    Whiskey    Walnut    Pie 
Almond   Float   with   Honey   Dew   &   Cantaloupe 
Cheesecake    Brownies Rocky   Road   Bars 
Black   Forest   Cake Assorted   Cookies 
Kahala    Bread    Pudding Chocolate     Fountain 

Fear is the Mind Killer
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 6:18pm

Is it just me or does those dishes look small? I was never a fan of dining in a place that charges you an arm and a leg for a tiny dish.
they look small and delicious but highly doubt the average foodie would pay alot to eat such a proportionate amount,sometimes it's quality over quantity but hey you get what you pay for in taste buds.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by bootleg

Is it just me or does those dishes look small? I was never a fan of dining in a place that charges you an arm and a leg for a tiny dish.
they look small and delicious but highly doubt the average foodie would pay alot to eat such a proportionate amount,sometimes it's quality over quantity but hey you get what you pay for in taste buds.
I'm no fan either of the fancy stuff cuz in the end... It's still just beef, poke, egg and rice. But I'm a sucker for LM and they do look like its worth a try.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2013 at 2:01am
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2013 at 9:46am
That's a yummy menu but thinking of the crowds on father's day is no bueno.  LOL  

Time to grill up some burgers for lunch!  Pita bread, cheese, beef, cheese, beef, salmon, boiled spinach, egg, ketchup, pita bread.  LOL
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2013 at 2:04pm
had some korean ramen with kimchi for lunch. i love eating it with a cracked egg on top
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2013 at 5:58pm
I'm currently eating plain Fage Greek yogurt and cranberry juice. Love it!! 
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2013 at 6:33pm
bbq with some adult punch and jello shots= a damn good time.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2013 at 9:47am
Grilling up some tilapia and burgers for lunch and probably the same thing for dinner too.  LOL
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2013 at 8:33pm

Grilling up some tilapia and burgers for lunch and probably the same thing for dinner too.  LOL

I love the whole meat and seafood combo. especially steak n shrimp.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 2:02am
Went to a burger festival yesterday where majority of burger joints in the city setup their signature burgers in a slider version. $30 entry fee for all you can eat sliders. Ridiculous long lineups at certain booths. I threw back 10 sliders just to make it worth it even though I hit the wall at around 4.

Of the ones I tasted, it's a tie between Gangster burgers - fried egg kimchi burger and Kitch - fried pork belly burger. Nom nom nom. Really looking forward to next years event. Best of all it was just a min walk from my place.

adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 2:34pm

Went to a burger festival yesterday where majority of burger joints in the city setup their signature burgers in a slider version. $30 entry fee for all you can eat sliders. Ridiculous long lineups at certain booths. I threw back 10 sliders just to make it worth it even though I hit the wall at around 4.

Of the ones I tasted, it's a tie between Gangster burgers - fried egg kimchi burger and Kitch - fried pork belly burger. Nom nom nom. Really looking forward to next years event. Best of all it was just a min walk from my place.

Clap Awesomeness

This one sounds good too :SpiritHouse Canadian prime chuck, mustard-grilled patty, charred red-onion relish, pickle, cheddar, and SpiritHouse special “spread.”

This one too : This End Up

Grilled ground chuck, seared hickory-smoked pork belly, tomato and apple chutney, white cheddar, umami mayo, and arugula.

Fear is the Mind Killer
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 6:31pm
I just baked a bunch of chickens and I thought it wasn't cooked enough but when I cut into it, a bunch of juice came out nicely cooked. Dang, I just lost juice, oh well. It was still good :-)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 8:03pm
the best part of baked chicken is the skin
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 9:37pm
Had some bbq prime ribs and chicken with potato salad and fish and chips for dinner.  
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2013 at 2:57am

Had some bbq prime ribs and chicken with potato salad and fish and chips for dinner.  

Wow, that's a lot of food for an Angry Midget.  I'm guessing 4' 2", 316 lbs.

Had a fantastic chicken piccata the other night. 
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2013 at 10:20am
You know it!  Also had freshly brewed thai ice tea too.  I love going over to my cousin's house for dinner.  LOL
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2013 at 10:49am
Still getting used to the new grill.  propane burns hotter then natural gas, but my second batch of burgers turned out real nice!  left some really good grill marks on the meat.  
and the corn in the husks were AWESOME!  

hope to work up to steak and ribs this weekend.  
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 2:46pm
steak and (freshly caught) crab tonight. Mmm Hmmm.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 2:54pm
I need to expand my cooking repertoire.

Anyone have a favorite website to find some new recipes?
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote dlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

I need to expand my cooking repertoire.

Anyone have a favorite website to find some new recipes?

My favorite recipe website is http://www.foodwishes.com.  Chef John has really awesome and simple recipes for all occasions.  His humor is entertaining too.  I've mostly done the party recipes (Clam Casino Dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Bacon Ranch Chicken Skewers) and they're always a hit.
magichc View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 12:00pm
Just had free strawberry cheesecake from work and $1 iced coffee grande. Lunch break was nice today
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 3:54pm
as for cooking repertoire, I ask people from different cultures what they like. everyone's different so it's pretty much hit or miss.
coreysnowdogg View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote coreysnowdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 6:30pm
FOOOOODDDDDDDD
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 7:56pm
^ Insightful post, corey.  Please stop.

Had a fantastic Pla Jiew (first time I tried it) today.  It's fried red snapper topped with shredded pork, shrimp, mushroom, ginger and onion.

Photo from the restaurant's web site:

Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 8:22am
Had all you can eat sushi at Sake 2 Me and got a few comp dishes on the house as well like a sushi taco and a birthday green tea and moon pie dish with assorted jelly dips.  
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 11:29am
yup, pizza again. I think I missed a week but im pretty sure I eat pizza once a week
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 108>