Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 6263646566 92>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by solocreep

DAMN v8 tomato juice is disgusting. 28 pack will be going back to Costco. no wonder that $h¡t was on sale.

That's why you buy the V8 Splash.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 5:33pm
Guacamole is so funny because I think they all taste the same. So I think it's funny when people talk about how certain guacamole is really good.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 6:35pm

DAMN v8 tomato juice is disgusting. 28 pack will be going back to Costco. no wonder that $h¡t was on sale.

lol kale smoothies are pretty bad too. i had to chug mine down
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 9:15pm
Kale usually tastes better in the winter. Less bitter when the weather's cold. I tried kale in smoothies, but i'd rather just eat it. Stir fried with garlic and onions.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 9:38pm
huh... I'm one of the only people I know who loves the taste of raw veggies in general, outside of just carrots/etc that many people eat raw.  raw kale... mmm.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by magichc

Guacamole is so funny because I think they all taste the same. So I think it's funny when people talk about how certain guacamole is really good.

Haha, I think the same too but I guess some people have way more sensitive taste buds or something.  
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 10:24am
I wonder what kind of taste nudes that requires because i can tell the difference between other things also but not guacamole either
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 11:15am

Fear is the Mind Killer
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 11:15am
just had 2 nice bowls of chow mein for lunch mince with toppings of eggs and chicken top off with a drizzle of sriracha / soy sauce. I'm entering into a food coma all over again since this past weekend.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 11:47am
I went camping for my bestfriends Bachelor Weekend and we made such good chili. Had to cook it for 6 hours and everyone has starving waiting for it to finish, but it was so worth the wait. People weren't too excited to sleep in one tent after everyone ate a whole bunch of chili.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by adeodadus

I totally need to one day try out all the different variations of sake.  There's just so many different types.  
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 12:36pm
^If you try to fit it all in one day, you will be one sloppily drunk angry midget. At least small people are easier to carry.
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by julius77

^If you try to fit it all in one day, you will be one sloppily drunk angry midget. At least small people are easier to carry.

Yeah _ sake is easy to drink and it doesn't hit you until you get up..Embarrassed
Lots of restaurants do sake tasting menus
Fear is the Mind Killer
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 1:43pm
mmm.... Sake....

The first time I drank Sake was with my Japaneese roomate and another buddy.  I was all, let's have another (not feeling a thing!), and my buddy says "hey, go grab the remote first."  So i get up from the table to go grab it, and promptly fell down.  It was crazy!  I didn't "feel" anything! 

Loves me some Sake...  I'm going to try to brew my own with some Koji that my sis got me.  We'll see how that turns out.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 5:59pm
I like sake better hot. goes down smother imo.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 10:07pm
Best ramen I've ever had called Totto Ramen. I know these things are all subjective and varies with each person. But if anyone ever visits NY, you must check it out, cuz you'll be blown away. Had to wait almost 45 mins in the rain for this and it was totally worth it.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 7:12am
^I prefer Neoguri Ramen. It's spicy and seafood flavor is ichiban in my book.
*edit* I just realized that Von is talking about actual ramen, not packaged ramen.  If we're talking about real ramen, I really like Ryowa Ramen in  Mountain View. They have Ramen with pork slices, corn, and a pat of butter melting in the broth. The best for cold day or a bad mood.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 9:27am

Doesn't that depends on which type of sake you drink?  I also like soju for the fruity flavors they have too.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Doesn't that depends on which type of sake you drink?  I also like soju for the fruity flavors they have too.

all sake is the same just matters on your preferable taste and serving it warm or cold , but soju is delicious if you try drinking it with hite beer mix with jinro brand soju.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by julius77

Kale usually tastes better in the winter. Less bitter when the weather's cold. I tried kale in smoothies, but i'd rather just eat it. Stir fried with garlic and onions.

U just need a good blender, then kale would taste good in smoothies. Like a Ninja or Vitamix type blender, it DOES matter btw
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 5:36am
Or you can try making kale chips. Bake them in the oven, sprinkle some seasoning, and you've got much tastier chips then the ones in bags.
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 5:39am
Ooooh kale chips sound delicious!!

And since it's rainy outside, we decided to have ourselves a little British high tea. So I made some fresh plain scones. They were amazing with my mom's homemade pumpkin orange marmalade!
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 10:46am
I need to pick up some ribs and put a rub on them tonight.
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Von44

Best ramen I've ever had called Totto Ramen. I know these things are all subjective and varies with each person. But if anyone ever visits NY, you must check it out, cuz you'll be blown away. Had to wait almost 45 mins in the rain for this and it was totally worth it.

http://menchankotei.com/   locations in NY

There are several ramen & Udon shops in Hawaii but this is one of the best..
Fear is the Mind Killer
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 11:49am
Going to go to ghiradelli square in SF in 10 min & have their ice cream sundae. Supposedly it's really good, I have no idea cuz I haven't been there before, it better be good
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 12:09pm
I just read an article about a teacher taking 5th graders to a beef slaughterhouse, scared all the kids, and got suspended or something. Doesn't the school have to give the ok for field trips? Why is the teacher getting in trouble and not the principal?
sideways99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 1:24pm
^ Depends on the school - I would think most schools have an admin staff that reviews field trip proposals.

My buddy worked at a slaughterhouse while in college and has quite a few interesting stories from those days.  It didn't alter his eating habits, he eats more meat than anyone I know.
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 9:34pm
im sure visiting a slaughter house would make me somewhat vegetarian.. all the hanging carcasses
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 9:15am
Seeing a slaughterhouse would affect a kid more than an adult considering most kids never even seen a living thing be slaughtered before.  Changing is ultimately up to the person, I know some people who turned vegan after watching those Peta videos and some who don't.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 11:46am
i feel bad for the way some animals are treated before being killed to eat but it will still never alter my views on what i eat. consuming life to sustain life is the way it is. even plants are living organisms and vegitarians eat those. also what is the easiest way to make beef jerkey with very limited equipment as well?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 11:53am
Forgot I had brought back a black and white cookie from LaGuardia. Pretty good, but damn 390 cal!!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 2:22pm

Forgot I had brought back a black and white cookie from LaGuardia. Pretty good, but damn 390 cal!!

390 calories for just one cookie?  Shocked  For something like that, I would eat it slowly to savor the taste then.  LOL
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 9:54pm
for 390 calories that cookie better have some ice cream on top!
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

That's why you buy the V8 Splash.  LOL

Bloody Mary is almost the same thing as V8, I think it's ok. I actually like Bloody Mary a lot. Obviously depends on how someone makes it though
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 6:17am
Originally posted by anna.chan18

for 390 calories that cookie better have some ice cream on top!
Thats nothing. Black and white cookie had nothing against the 520 cal chocolate chip cookie!!! Didn't realize it till after I inhaled it.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 8:24am
Originally posted by cds4288

i feel bad for the way some animals are treated before being killed to eat but it will still never alter my views on what i eat. consuming life to sustain life is the way it is. even plants are living organisms and vegitarians eat those. also what is the easiest way to make beef jerkey with very limited equipment as well?
the health effects of said meat is what might get you to change your mind.  I wouldn't be so quick to say you will never change your views, and that goes for anything in life in general.  a whole lot of people are catching on, and public science is finally starting to slowly admit it.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 9:06am

Thats nothing. Black and white cookie had nothing against the 520 cal chocolate chip cookie!!! Didn't realize it till after I inhaled it.

Please show us a picture of the said cookie, I'm quite interested in what it looks like.  LOL
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 9:39am
I just had a grilled cheese sandwich at Hog Island in SF. Probably the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had before. Sooooooo good!!
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 3:27pm
Several years ago I started eating only dark chocolate. Then 60% cacao, then 70, then 80 then 90.

Now Im up to 100% cacao bakers chocolate.  I love it.  I've been eating it every day.

bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 8:18pm
today's earlier lunch is having a bitch fit with my stomach decided to have some carnitas deep fried tacos & salsa n chips cooled down with 24 oz of fresh whipped orange bang ended the tonight's dinner with bacon wrapped spuds served with a maple beans on top.
personalgame View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote personalgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 8:32pm
Because this will secure your advantage if you want to get a return when there is something surprising occurred in the procedure of dealing Diablo 3 silver. While a fraud website will ask you exchange money straiht more about Diablo 3 Gold at http://www.vipdiablo3gold.com/

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 10:08pm
Can't believe I'm saying this....but I'm about to start a juicing reboot. Goodbye and fond farewells foodie thread. LOL
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 10:16pm
Just had some Parmesan truffle fries, pretty good. I wasn't head over heels like everyone else was. I already forgot the name of the place we ate at, in Napa Valley 
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 10:29pm
good on ya kelly, good luck with that.  don't forget to stick with the good eatin' or you lose the results, haha.

had crab for the first time in YEARS last night.  girlfriend's family got a bunch of dungies from a friend and we had a feast.. kept it classic with nothin' but crab and hot butter.  I ate two whole crab.  all I can really say is that I don't know why I was so weird about eating shellfish for so long.  didn't really want to eat shrimp or crab.. not that I didn't like it, I was just weird.  shit, I was weird about going on boats for a long time after a weird (to put it extremely simply) experience when I was 12 on the open ocean.  now it's flipped 100%...... can't get enough.. but that runs in the family, so it only makes sense.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 12:46pm
i have been eating a lot of indian food lately (because that is all they have in walking distance from me) and was wondering why they put a billion pounds of spices and stuff in all of the food all the time. i didnt think it was supposed to be in everything they make.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 1:13pm
Mom marinated a butt load of chicken wings so we're pretty much going to be eating nothing but chicken for awhile.  LOL  
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by chillwill

Several years ago I started eating only dark chocolate. Then 60% cacao, then 70, then 80 then 90.

Now Im up to 100% cacao bakers chocolate.  I love it.  I've been eating it every day.

I've had about 65-85% before and it was good, but for some reason I had 60% at ghirardelli and it was really bitter. Didn't necessarily like it :-/
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 10:58am
Eww, I can't eat bitter chocolates, it takes the pleasure out of eating it to begin with.  LOL  
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 4:33pm
Been eating alot of Pappa Murphy's lately cause it's summer and the kid's sleepovers are always at my house.  So tonight I just needed one large cheese and one large pepperoni.  I had a coupon for $2 off any 2 item and the pepperoni was on special for $8, which is $1 less then the cheese!  So I got the pep and bacon and a pep on special, but since it's take n bake, after I got home I took all the pep off the second and put it on the the pep and bacon so it's double pep plus bacon!  Oh, and since the pep was regular menu price, I was finally able to sue my coupon for free cookie dough with a pizza at regular price!

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 4:54pm
finally done with 4th of july leftovers. bbq ribs and chicken were tasty. we kinda went over board with food
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 92>