Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 6465666768 112>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Jul/12/2013 at 8:30pm
I just made a smoothie/juice: tomatoe, pluot, kale, mango, grapefruit juice, aloe, iced tea, beets, orange, carrots, & raspberry lemonade juice
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 9:16am
sounds like a lot of food... how did the combo taste?
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 9:56am
Split chilaquiles with my wife for breakfast. It's a nice morning.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by bootleg

you be surprise on how tender the meat is if the cook prep it correctly, just hearing the word tongue & head will discourage you from trying it but in my opinion it's one taste to acquired and texture wise it's soft & chewy.I use to go to this little taco joint in Ontario for free food it's located in one of the plaza near King Taco on Mountain Ave. called Taqueria y Restaurante La Victoria they're open 24 hours I think..they got the best cabezas and agua de pina drinks but stop going because my friend quit her job there =(

Funny, I thought King Taco was the only mexican place in that plaza but I guess not, but I heard King Taco was good too.  Shocked  I thought everyone goes to the Alberto's for 24/7 grub.  LOL  Well, you had free food for awhile, bastard.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 12:48pm
cuz of this thread im craving tacos.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 7:31pm
I really think the new grill has increased my grilling skills tremendously!  Even heat throughout the grill really makes a difference.  

Steaks and corn on the cob in the husks tonight.
Got the corn for $1 each from the Target down the street which just opened it's full grocery section.  They have meats too.  Picked up some sirloins rolled with spinach which were decent, and some marinated beef skewers which were awesome.    
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
Local
Local

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by MrMeaty

I really think the new grill has increased my grilling skills tremendously!  Even heat throughout the grill really makes a difference.  
Steaks and corn on the cob in the husks tonight.
Got the corn for $1 each from the Target down the street which just opened it's full grocery section.  They have meats too.  Picked up some sirloins rolled with spinach which were decent, and some marinated beef skewers which were awesome.    

King taco is the way to go!!! nom nom nom
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by rurchan

I just made a smoothie/juice: tomatoe, pluot, kale, mango, grapefruit juice, aloe, iced tea, beets, orange, carrots, & raspberry lemonade juice
You put iced tea in your smoothie? I understand the fruits and veggies but iced tea?
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2013 at 8:51am
Speaking of iced tea, I loves me some Thai iced tea.  Who knew it was so simple to make!  LOL
magichc View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by julius77

What is a chilaquiles? It's definitely not an Asian dish or I'm going to feel really bad for myself for not knowing it :p
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2013 at 6:24pm
finally got my fix of pizza.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2013 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Funny, I thought King Taco was the only mexican place in that plaza but I guess not, but I heard King Taco was good too. Shocked I thought everyone goes to the Alberto's for 24/7 grub. LOL Well, you had free food for awhile, bastard.

Albertos has a great menu ,King taco is good but I think a lot foodies over hyped the place and exaggerated a little much about their food experience. and yes AMY free food for 2 months you jelly? ,now i need to find a place down here that serves good de pina.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2013 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by anna.chan18

sounds like a lot of food... how did the combo taste?

I liked it, 2 other girls liked it also. So we drank that and watched a movie.

Originally posted by Von44

You put iced tea in your smoothie? I understand the fruits and veggies but iced tea?

I just randomly decided to put the ice tea in just to see if it would make the taste bad and it seemed like it was ok. Lemon flavored ice tea, the one in a 2L plastic bottle, I think Lipton
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2013 at 10:12pm
Had me some awesome west coast fish and chips. The 1pc halibut combo was massive! I was thinking about ordering two cuz they're usually small pcs (at least out here on the east coast) but I guess the west coast does it big. 
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 8:25am
Originally posted by magichc

What is a chilaquiles? It's definitely not an Asian dish or I'm going to feel really bad for myself for not knowing it :p
This is how you can find answers to your questions. It is not an asian dish.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by bootleg

Albertos has a great menu ,King taco is good but I think a lot foodies over hyped the place and exaggerated a little much about their food experience. and yes AMY free food for 2 months you jelly? ,now i need to find a place down here that serves good de pina.

Haha, not really because never really was a fan of mexican food.  I heard that Mexican right at the Mountain and 60 on ramp that's always remodeling their exterior is really good too especially if you like spicy jalapeno because they have the spiciest ones ever.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 3:53pm
Twinkies are back and have less calories. (cuz their smaller)
Local
Local

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by solocreep

GOD help us all.. AMMUUURICAAA!!!!
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 8:39pm

Had me some awesome west coast fish and chips. The 1pc halibut combo was massive! I was thinking about ordering two cuz they're usually small pcs (at least out here on the east coast) but I guess the west coast does it big. 

Where did u have this? If I saw a 1 pc halibut combo, I definitely wouldn't have got it cuz I would think its a super small dish
magichc View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 8:53pm

And America wonders why we are so fat as a society. They celebrate when this fattening food comes out and eat lots of it without exercising. Then they celebrate when a weight loss pill comes out :p
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 3:38am

And America wonders why we are so fat as a society. They celebrate when this fattening food comes out and eat lots of it without exercising. Then they celebrate when a weight loss pill comes out :p

yeah, one of these days some one might OD off junk food
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 6:46am
^I thought that was called a heart attack.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 7:48am
^ It has already happened, many times daily.  We are a nation that is destined to lead the world in deaths related to obesity and poor eating habits. 

This dude is a prime example:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/heart-attack-grill-pitchman-dies-heart-attack-article-1.1261955
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 9:37am
Haha, isn't he like the 3rd spokesperson of heart attack grill that died so far?  LOL
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2013 at 9:57am
Yeah, I don't think you're supposed to eat there everyday. Maybe grab a salad or go on a juice cleanse for a week every now and then.
magichc View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 6:54pm

^I thought that was called a heart attack.

Haha, you're right. A heart attack is an OD of crap being put into your body. That heart attack grill owner has to be the most ironic story. And people still go there right? I'm assuming that place is still open. It just shows how stupid people are, ignorant
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 8:43pm
people OD on junkfood all the time, it's just not in the same way people OD on drugs, where it's a short time period and more instantaneous. it's also not as simple as fat/calorie consumption = fat gain.  it's just as much the chemicals in processed food that contribute to poor health and poor shape as it is the fat/calorie/sugar content.  most people do not think about that stuff, though.  your body gains fat for many reasons, some of which have nothing to do with the typical idea that if you eat fatty foods, you get fat.

I know people who generally have always had similar body types and family history, who exercise as much or more than me, who struggle with keeping extra fat off, simply because of WHAT they eat.  we could eat the same amount of calories, exercise the same, etc etc etc, but if one person eats good stuff and the other eats processed crap full of chemicals and literal poisons, they are going to suffer.  period.
magichc View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 7:13am
Originally posted by spenser

people OD on junkfood all the time, it's just not in the same way people OD on drugs, where it's a short time period and more instantaneous. it's also not as simple as fat/calorie consumption = fat gain.  it's just as much the chemicals in processed food that contribute to poor health and poor shape as it is the fat/calorie/sugar content.  most people do not think about that stuff, though.  your body gains fat for many reasons, some of which have nothing to do with the typical idea that if you eat fatty foods, you get fat.

I know people who generally have always had similar body types and family history, who exercise as much or more than me, who struggle with keeping extra fat off, simply because of WHAT they eat.  we could eat the same amount of calories, exercise the same, etc etc etc, but if one person eats good stuff and the other eats processed crap full of chemicals and literal poisons, they are going to suffer.  period.

Spot on. It's just so hard to get people who have weight problems to exercise more calories than they consume, in general. I think that's the hardest thing, because even if they eat a little healthier, they are not necessarily going to lose weight unless they exercise. Is that correct? I'm sure there's more to it, there always is when it comes to the human body
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 7:39am
there are varying opinions on this, but from my understanding, what I believe is that it's not as simple as calories in VS calories out, although it does work that way in a lot of cases.  I mean, yeah if you eat crappy food and burn more calories than you take in, you're probably not going to gain extra weight, at least until you're getting older and your body can't process it well enough anymore.. but people who have diets primarily consisting of chemical-laden processed foods (so most of america and much of the world) who are overweight are usually holding on to extra fat, not only because of eating too much, but because of specifically what they are eating.  if a person like that were to transform their diet to purely healthy foods (which includes removing chemicals/toxins and also getting fat/sugar/etc content to "proper" levels), they would tend to lose weight just by getting clean, so to speak.  but a lot of it is still calories in VS out VS exercise, of course.  you wouldn't eliminate all your excess baggage by "going clean" alone.

the way to look at it is like it all has to work together.  clean diet, generally proper calorie intake per person, enough exercise, knowing how timing affects what your body does with the food, enough sleep, etc.

speaking of this, my uncle just started to change his diet, moving away from processed food, most wheat, etc, and without adding exercise or even trying to cut calories, he has already shed a noticeable amount of weight.  he will still hang on to some unless he adds in exercise/etc, but I'm just sayin....
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 8:41am

Where did u have this? If I saw a 1 pc halibut combo, I definitely wouldn't have got it cuz I would think its a super small dish
It was on Vancouver island in Nanaimo, BC. Place is called Trollers fish and chips. I originally ordered a two pc and they looked at me like i was crazy. Then I saw some ppl get there combos and realized there's no way I can finish it. Portions are massive!
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 10:20am

Haha, you're right. A heart attack is an OD of crap being put into your body. That heart attack grill owner has to be the most ironic story. And people still go there right? I'm assuming that place is still open. It just shows how stupid people are, ignorant

Yeah, they're still open and have multiple locations now.  I thought most tourist go there for the waitress cosplaying as nurses.  LOL
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 6:00pm
breakfast for lunch and dinner = breakfast all day. F yeah!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 4:16pm
bought a seedless watermelon. opened it up... and there were seeds. some jerk mixed them up.
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 1:42am
Toast, bacon and fried egg for breakfast..heavenly!
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 9:02am

bought a seedless watermelon. opened it up... and there were seeds. some jerk mixed them up.

I still avoid eating the white seeds even though they're safe to eat.  LOL
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 11:25am
Although I regularly eat seedless watermelon and grapes, it kind of creeps me out. Isn't the whole point of fruit (from the plant's perspective) to grow seeds that will continue the plant species alive in the world? How do these plants continue producing new plants without seeds? Seems really unnatural. 
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 11:55am

Although I regularly eat seedless watermelon and grapes, it kind of creeps me out. Isn't the whole point of fruit (from the plant's perspective) to grow seeds that will continue the plant species alive in the world? How do these plants continue producing new plants without seeds? Seems really unnatural. 

just enjoy it. I have an idea what goes into hot dogs, spam, etc. who cares.it frickin good.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 12:31pm
We had a big family dinner at a Mexican restaurant around midnight. Once the parents gave the kids money to pay for the food and go back to the hotel room to sleep, all the kids stayed and ordered margaritas and dosritas :-) haha, the server just laughed
magichc View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 1:23pm
Buying more money for a seedless watermelon and then getting one full of seeds is so annoying. Not only its the issue about the seeds, but also the fact that you spent more money for seedless and didnt get what you paid for. It's like paying extra money for organic goods and finding out its not organic
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 7:12pm
had sushi for lunch. California Rolls all the way Smile
Local
Local

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 7:23pm
cali roll FTW... gonna make some ahi tuna in a bit.. nom nom nom
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 11:54pm

cali roll FTW... gonna make some ahi tuna in a bit.. nom nom nom

FYI: California rolls is so America. It is not considered sushi in any way according to the Japanese. That's like saying Panda Express is true Chinese food
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 7:00am
burnt by the cheese off my hot pocket. ouch.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 2:41pm
Making some Korean soldier stew from unused leftovers on the camping trip.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 4:38pm
My girlfriend went culinary crazy tonight, she made grilled swordfish with tomato-basil salsa, sauteed mushrooms with garlic, crab cake (not homemade, from a local seafood shop), brussel sprouts pan fried in bacon fat with crumbled bacon, fresh avocado and baby nectarine garnish.  It was pretty f'ing wonderful.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 5:35pm
I just ate at Hula Hut in Austin, Tx. Omg, the food is soooo good. I got a chicken enchilada which I thought the sauce reminded me of Alfredo sauce. A lot of people in our group of 13 got Tuna tacos. I was thoroughly very very amazed how tender and well it was seared. Definitely would come again if I lived around the area
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 5:38am
wanna go to buffalo wild wings and try their hottest sauce. I think it'll be hell but I think I can handle it.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 7:27am

I just ate at Hula Hut in Austin, Tx. Omg, the food is soooo good. I got a chicken enchilada which I thought the sauce reminded me of Alfredo sauce. A lot of people in our group of 13 got Tuna tacos. I was thoroughly very very amazed how tender and well it was seared. Definitely would come again if I lived around the area

Do yourself a favor and eat at Salt Lick while you're in Austin (the Driftwood location is the original). BBQ has never been THIS good...Star
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 8:01am
It's 10am, and I'm already thinking about indian buffet for lunch. Lentils, delicious lentils and basmati rice on the brain.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 9:17am

wanna go to buffalo wild wings and try their hottest sauce. I think it'll be hell but I think I can handle it.

If you can eat spicy then their hottest sauce isn't that tough to eat, but I can't eat spicy so I would stick to honey bbq.  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 112>