Everything FOOD.

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 6768697071 104>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Online
  Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everything FOOD.
    Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 1:07am
In Mallorca on holiday. Fresh, locally grown, fruit and veg. here is so cheap and so much nicer than the shitty chemically ripened-enroute stuff we get in on supermarkets back home. For 10 days i shall eat like a king!
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 6:37am
Cheerios just aren't the same without slices of banana in it. It's like a quesadilla without any cheese.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 7:15am
I just washed some sugar snap peas and put them in a sandwich bag. My snack during class, raw, so good for you!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 10:57am
Slicing up some yummy mango, so good when it's ripe and inside is all nice and orange.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 12:58pm
I usually don't like leftovers, but I always love Leftover Chinese food, maybe cuz I like Chinese food so much
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 1:10pm
Awhhh...going to make filipino spaghetti tonight, sauce is yummy but so heavy in digesting, I might have to cut down on the tomatoes and banana sauce.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by julius77

Cheerios just aren't the same without slices of banana in it. It's like a quesadilla without any cheese.

I would totally disagree. Cheerios are good with just milk, bananas is extra that makes it taste better. Its like quesadilla with cheese & chicken/jalapeños.

Cheerios = quesadilla, milk = cheese, banana = chicken/jalapeños
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by magichc

I would totally disagree. Cheerios are good with just milk, bananas is extra that makes it taste better. Its like quesadilla with cheese & chicken/jalapeños.

u can throw that equation out the window if you're talking about honey nut or chocolate cheerios.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 6:18pm
I dig plain cheerios, just milk. Sushi for lunch, so addicted to sushi, it's dangerous for the wallet...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 11:00pm
Ended up throwing back 40 wings last night cuz it was 25c wings night at a bar in whistler. I just couldn't say no.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 11:20am
Hmm...a weeks worth of posts seems to be missing from this thread.... Shocked
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Online
  Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 1:59pm
Blueberry's are just amazing!! Give me a blow full of fresh ripe fruit any day!
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by solocreep

u can throw that equation out the window if you're talking about honey nut or chocolate cheerios.

I just made that example up because I was trying to show that you can't have a quesadilla without cheese or it wouldn't be a quesadilla. You can eat Cheerios w/o bananas and you would still have Cheerios cereal :-)
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2013 at 6:00pm
Had 4 pcs of popeyes before coming to work and also packed another 2 pcs, fries, and biscuits for later. I have a feeling my stomach is gonna hate me for this.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2013 at 9:51pm
I prefer munching on KFC. Popeyes gives me a stomach ache every time. Maybe it's because I always order the cajun chicken.

Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2013 at 12:27pm
I prefer Church's > Popeyes > KFC
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 5:25pm
Hell yeah! Church's is the best of the three. But unfortunately, there's only one location in Toronto and I'm moving farther away from it.

Tonight dinner is chicken enchiladas.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 10:16pm
its so hot here. i just drank 3 smoothies. strawberry banana= <3
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 3:04pm
I haven't eaten enough church's or Popeyes to know my preference of fried chicken. Plus I haven't eaten KFC in the longest time, probably because I learned fried anything isn't healthy at all :-)
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2013 at 11:24am
Just had a Portuguese steak sandwich w/serra cheese, a side of thin-cut fries and black olives.
Quiver: GNU Park Pickle 156
Stance: 15/-9, 24"
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2013 at 1:19pm
My bro used to work at KFC and he vowed never to eat there again after seeing how the conditions are back there.  He said the floor was covered in a thick slippery green goo substance that you had to wear special boots otherwise you would slip all over the place.  LOL  
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2013 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

My bro used to work at KFC and he vowed never to eat there again after seeing how the conditions are back there.  He said the floor was covered in a thick slippery green goo substance that you had to wear special boots otherwise you would slip all over the place.  LOL  

I worked at kfc before. it was nothing like that at our store.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2013 at 10:14pm
I love sweet potatoes. Just steamed till they're soft. So comforting.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 11:10am

I think this was before the food grade came out so maybe that's why.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I think this was before the food grade came out so maybe that's why.

possibly. but our store was always clean. passed all the inspections, etc.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 12:26pm
Best thing to do is not eat KFC, Popeye's or Church's fried chicken.

I love sweet potatoes. Just steamed till they're soft. So comforting.

My girlfriend makes mashed sweet potatoes that are excellent.  I don't know what spices/seasoning she uses but they are damned good.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by sideways99

Its ok once in a while but to eat it religiously will def give send you to your grave much quicker!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Von44

Originally posted by sideways99

Its ok once in a while but to eat it religiously will def give send you to your grave much quicker!

I guess I can shave a year off my life cuz I worked and ate there for a year. haed to pass up free food.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 1:33pm
food trucks are expensive. not sure why I find myself at. off the grid so often.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 8:11am
^ it's the new thing now, to either ear at a food truck or own one because its cheaper than getting a building, and obviously mobile. They're sooo good too though
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 12:48pm
I think it's just the thrill of finding the truck that people want to show it off on their instagram or whatevers rather than purely for the food.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 4:07pm
If I don't know exactly where the food truck is, I'll just go somewhere else. People have too much time on their hands to go hunt for the food truck more than once a week
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2013 at 12:17pm
I just saw my bro's new diet and it's looks nasty.  He has to pretty much cut out everything from his diet now because it's bad for his psoriasis.  His diet is pretty much nothing but greek yogurt, lettuce, onion, ong choy with no dressing or spices so it's pretty nasty tasting.  LOL  But he did lose a lot of weight than when he was on a no carb diet.  
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2013 at 7:53pm
ong choy is good, but without any dressing or spices has to be hard to get use to.

I just got a Large Americano at Coffee Bean and they put it in an X-Large cup cuz they ran out of large cups. I think the barista said he added a little more in mine. Just looking at it, I don't think I'll be sleeping for the next 3 days, haha
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2013 at 8:33pm
fried some spam. now the whole house smells like it. mmmm
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2013 at 12:08pm
Yeah his food selection is even worse than a vegan now.  LOL  

Didn't you turned on the air vent when you fried that spam?  LOL
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2013 at 3:03pm
Man, I don't think I've eaten spam in over a decade... Not sure whether that's a good or bad thing.

Maybe I should grab a tin and find out today
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2013 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Migoo

Man, I don't think I've eaten spam in over a decade... Not sure whether that's a good or bad thing.
Maybe I should grab a tin and find out today

you can have bad food in moderation. and I always turn the fan on when Icook. some foods just linger when you cook em
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 12:04pm
Time to go eat pho in Canoga park area. I can't wait, I'm so hungry!!
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 12:09pm
Time to grill some marinated flank steak for fajitas.  Fresh homemade guac and all the fixings, along with some cold Negra Modelos.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 12:49pm
The only reason to avoid any type of food like the plague would be if you were allergic otherwise I would agree it's fine to eat non healthy stuff once in awhile.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2013 at 1:07am

Spam is the prime example of "the better it tastes, the worst it is for you". It's literally a bunch of crap meats put together, but it tastes good. I personally don't think it's that great, maybe because I can't get over what it's made out of
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 2:13pm

Spam is the prime example of "the better it tastes, the worst it is for you". It's literally a bunch of crap meats put together, but it tastes good. I personally don't think it's that great, maybe because I can't get over what it's made out of

Add a sugar glaze to that and it's super good but super bad!!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Muse25

sugar glaze on spam? sounds like a super heart attack.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2013 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by Muse25

sugar glaze on spam? sounds like a super heart attack.

So is a lucifer burger. A bacon cheeseburger with a glazed donut as a bun= bomb.com
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2013 at 1:32pm
I'm a huge fan of boiling crab in LA. I'm going to SD and was going to eat at BC there, but after reading the reviews on yelp, they literally talked me into going to Crab Hut instead. That's when you really need to reconsider what you are doing wrong. 3/5 stars from 300 reviews. Not good in my opinion
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 7:25am

I'm a huge fan of boiling crab in LA. I'm going to SD and was going to eat at BC there, but after reading the reviews on yelp, they literally talked me into going to Crab Hut instead. That's when you really need to reconsider what you are doing wrong. 3/5 stars from 300 reviews. Not good in my opinion

I still think the best place to eat crab us at home. especially if you catch it yourself
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 7:31am

I still think the best place to eat crab us at home. especially if you catch it yourself
Yeah but you don't get all that spice and msg sauce. That stuff is like crack, you just get hooked!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 11:09am
We had a boiling crab wanna be near our house but they didn't do a real good job at it so it was no surprise they went out of business and the place is now turning into a starbucks.  LOL
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 1:47pm
All this talk of boiling crab is just making me crave it even more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 104>