The hypothetical question of the day thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 52>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The hypothetical question of the day thread
    Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 4:03pm
Probably smell, wouldn't have to worry about the rank smells some people emit
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 5:06pm
If you combined it with a loss of smell maybe it wouldn't be that bad?

If found by a search party you could always pass it off like you tried to rescue her. Hope there was no autopsy.
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 3:36am
So you take off in your personal air craft for about 3 hours. When you come back and land, to refuel your plane, you see zombies everywhere. You quickly switch on your radio and find out that the whole world is being taken over by zombies. Whats your plan of action? Do you find a place to stand your ground or do you go out and fight?
Worst I had was wonderful.
watching-sunset View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote watching-sunset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 3:43am
Taste! this way I wouldn't like to eat much, I would be able to eat only very healthy food as I woudn't care about its ugly taste)
I would never want to lose smell sense as I like smelling)) same with touching, hearing and etc...)
Push hard and you'll reach the top
Wilz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Wilz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 2:43pm

i'm not sure if eating her would be a good solution even with loss of smell, as you might regret is a few hours later after eating uncooked...

now thinking about it.. wat's the best way for number 2s on the raft?
Atrain13 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Atrain13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 2:46pm
i would just take my board and fight off teh sharks
Local
Local

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 2:58pm
Would I be able to get back into the plane and fly to another location?
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 3:01pm
l would probably fly off to a lone island and try to pack the plane with as much food as possible. 
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 3:34pm
forget that, l'm going just kill myself. 
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:17am
You are Dr. Alan Grant, and somehow you have been tricked again to come to Jurassic Park. Most of the group you came with have already been eaten, and the rest that haven't, you got split up from. While looking for a way off the island you encounter a t-Rex and quickly run into a small cave. The T-Rex hits the cave with such force that it causes a rock to fall on you pinning your dominant arm and leg. After a while the T-Rex gives up, and leaves. Its been three days since the attack, and your water is on the other side of the cave just out of reach. You will die, if you cant reach the water. You decide to cut of either your leg or arm to get to it, and hopefully the others will find you before you have to cut off the other limb. Which limb do you choose?
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:20am
My answer? Please see winn's comment above yours. Time stamp yesterday 5:34pm.

If I were to be tricked into going back to that place I would just put my self out for being that stupid.
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:26am
^ thats kinda beside the point, my basic question is would you rather loose an arm or a leg? plus your Dr. grant you must survive.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:30am
l can make my own choices, l vote to kill myself. you'll bleed to death never the less 
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:33am
^ Nah ah you have surgical tubing to stop the bleeding. 
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:35am
eh l'll go kill myself also, might as well not deal with it 
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:39am
Jesus Christ Ima have to put a gun option or poison tooth into every question from here on out. 
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 10:55am
Definitely arm. I don't think that would be that bad.

For the zombies, I'd have to scout them in the plane to see what kind of zombies they are. If they're traditional slow, stupid zombies I'd try to wait them out and maybe find some other normals. If they're like the zombies in 28 Days Later with Carl Lewis athletic ability I'd probably just try to take out as many as I could with the plane.
TheWhiteAfrikan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote TheWhiteAfrikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 11:05am
Water, Food, Compass, Tarp, Flares
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 11:06am
Originally posted by andyc5315

Lets say your out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and your brand new yacht is taking on water. You have to abandon the yacht and get into an emergency life raft.  Before you do you have time to grab 5 things. What do you grab?
Choose 5 things from the list and say why.

life jacket
box of chocolate bars
compass
sextant
Map of the Atlantic
15x15 Plastic tarp
five gallon jug of water
shark repellant
rope
fishing pole
mirror
pack of water proof matches
your snowboardWink
flash light
a gallon of gasoline
a paddle for the raft
coffee filters
two way radio with a 10 mile radius
crate with a week of food rations
first aid kit
flare gun with two shots
sun screen

Survival - 5 Gallons of water
Survival - Week of food rations
Survival - Chocolate bars
Signal - Flare gun
Signal/To see how damn sexy I am while I die - Mirror

First priority is survival if there's a chance you'll be out there a while, second is to signal rescuers. Everything else can be substituted or done without even if you drift to an island. I figure if you're rich enough to own a yacht, someone will come searching for you. Unless you didn't get a prenup. One thing you didn't mention is the time of year or how cold it will be.
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 11:11am
I would go with
Food and Water for survival
Tarp for shade and warmth
Paddle to get to shore if you find an island or land somewhere
Mirror to signal someone down. 

I'd be afraid of the flare gun either malfunctioning, getting wet, or shooting the raft.
Wilz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Wilz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:17pm

LOL at people prefering to kill themselves!

and really.. i ain't cutting off any of my limbs.. like saw... where the saw goes in and u see blood... then get to the bone... and it saw like wood... and off it comes...

so i'd rather wait to be rescued =P

but if there's a either arm or leg.. i'll choose arm.. but i'll prob die while cutting it off
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:21pm
^^lets just say we will kill ourselves whenever we see possible
falcon02520 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote falcon02520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:38pm
If I were rich enough to own a yacht and spend time on it in the middle of the ocean, I'd have enough money to have more than just rubber boat as my emergency life raft. Plus, one of the five items is obvious; who would leave their snowboard behind?
falcon02520 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote falcon02520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 3:39pm
Why would there be a snowboard on a yacht in the middle of the Atlantic anyway?
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 5:28am
Originally posted by EpicFAIL

I would go with

I'd be afraid of the flare gun either malfunctioning, getting wet, or shooting the raft.

ClapI'm pretty sure your the first person who has said mirror, which would be the better option than the flare gun, and the best option from the list. being found is your main priority, then surviving. You only have two shots then your screwed. You can signal down someone with a mirror by using the sun and the moon. It may take a while for a ship to find you even after the first flare, then you would have to use your second to help pin point your location when they get closer. If they don't find you, your really screwed.
tworunningcards View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tworunningcards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 5:35am

Originally posted by EpicFAIL

I would go with

ClapI'm pretty sure your the first person who has said mirror, which would be the better option than the flare gun, and the best option from the list. being found is your main priority, then surviving. You only have two shots then your screwed. You can signal down someone with a mirror by using the sun and the moon. It may take a while for a ship to find you even after the first flare, then you would have to use your second to help pin point your location when they get closer. If they don't find you, your really screwed.

It's also possible to make a fire using a mirror...
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 5:35am
Today you found out that you and your girlfriend/boyfriend are pregnant with an unplanned pregnancy. Do you abort or not?

Oh and you have a gun and poison capsule in your tooth.

Local
Local

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 5:41am

Today you found out that you and your girlfriend/boyfriend are pregnant with an unplanned pregnancy. Do you abort or not? Oh and you have a gun and poison capsule in your tooth.

These questions are getting controversial...
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 5:55am
Alright Ill do another one. Your a new freshman in high school, and you found out the you have a super power over the summer. (What super power would you have?)
You were picked on all through middle school, and have always wished you could get back at those who mistreated you. Now do you come out showing off your new ability to make you popular?(depending on the super power you pick) or do you keep quite about it and get back at those who mistreated you?
oh and you have a gun and a poison capsule in your tooth, just in case.
mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mrrorydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 6:04am
The super power to lock threads and shower the masses with flesh lights.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 7:34am
Yeah, I'm going to skip the pregnancy one, but I love the idea of always having a gun and poison capsule. Might want to rethink keeping that thing in your mouth, but it's a good option for those people who seem intent on killing themselves, regardless of the scenario.

If I was a freshman in high school I would opt for Teen Wolf basketball skills. No need for petty revenge on my tormentors, just wait for the 4th qtr of a close game with the rival school, bust out the wolf skills, win the game and become an instant hero.
LegalBoarding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LegalBoarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 8:10am

Alright Ill do another one. Your a new freshman in high school, and you found out the you have a super power over the summer. (What super power would you have?)
You were picked on all through middle school, and have always wished you could get back at those who mistreated you. Now do you come out showing off your new ability to make you popular?(depending on the super power you pick) or do you keep quite about it and get back at those who mistreated you?

I would choose the power of Mysterion from South Park... I just can't die! and whenever i do i wake up and no one remembers i was killed. That way i can get back at the person, and If i die in the process, I would wake up and no one would remember what happened! ahahaha

wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 8:32am
could a bear shit anywhere other than the woods?
be talkin to ya
Local
Local

Quote LegalBoarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 8:39am
Originally posted by wpiass

could a bear shit anywhere other than the woods?

He could shit on your lawn... I dunno if you want a huge steaming pile of bear shit on your lawn or porch as he goes through your trash bins. Truth.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 10:01am
[QUOTE=LegalBoarding]
[QUOTE=wpiass]could a bear shit anywhere other than the woods?

Pretty sure if you're a bear you can poop any place you choose. Certainly seems more likely than the Pope converting from Catholicism.

Quick question (since I don't know where else to post it) - how do you quote a post that isn't the last one in the thread?

ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 11:47am

l would just want the ability to see through things, not to get back at ppl, but to stare at the girls goodies
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Cooperla

[QUOTE=LegalBoarding]
[QUOTE=wpiass]could a bear shit anywhere other than the woods?

Pretty sure if you're a bear you can poop any place you choose. Certainly seems more likely than the Pope converting from Catholicism.

Quick question (since I don't know where else to post it) - how do you quote a post that isn't the last one in the thread?

In the top right hand corner click control panel(you have to be in a forum to see it)>click forum preferences> Enable the WYSIWYG post editor>yes
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 3:48am
You are a mastermind serial killer who finally gets caught and is imprisoned in a high security prison in Antarctica. You are not to be executed until all your victims have been found and laid to rest by there family's. But to prolong your life you give the answers to there locations in riddles. It takes them 20 years to solve the riddles. Since your so far from everywhere your food has to be brought in in large shipments. To make it easy you only get one of each for the remainder of your life. To much paper work to change it. So you get to choose one type of drink, one main course, and two sides, plus you get one dessert. What would they be?
It doesn't matter about nutritional value to keep you alive,you get like a vitamin or somethin.
mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mrrorydigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 4:25am
Arby's Big Montana and KOOL 100's menthol cigarettes.
Wilz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Wilz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 1:17pm
superpower question: time travel would be awesome.. but then the whole story line would not make sense as it opens a whole pandoras box.

bottle of tequila (i'm assumthing you get water to keep you alive, and what else u going to do in prison besides drink), kfc burger meal (with veg, beef burger, chicken wings + nuggets, bread, potato gravy, chips), side 1 mixed sushi (i assume i get wasabi and soy sauce), side 2 seafood soup (incl shark fin), desert creame brule with ice cream.
and YES i can finish all that in 1 meal minus the tequila..
Local
Local

Quote LegalBoarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 1:26pm

You are a mastermind serial killer who finally gets caught and is imprisoned in a high security prison in Antarctica. You are not to be executed until all your victims have been found and laid to rest by there family's. But to prolong your life you give the answers to there locations in riddles. It takes them 20 years to solve the riddles. Since your so far from everywhere your food has to be brought in in large shipments. To make it easy you only get one of each for the remainder of your life. To much paper work to change it. So you get to choose one type of drink, one main course, and two sides, plus you get one desert. What would they be?
It doesn't matter about nutritional value to keep you alive,you get like a vitamin or somethin.

The meal of choice would be steak, mashed potatoes with truffles and mushroom gravy, and Lobster Mac and cheese made with Gourmet Cheese. 

Dessert will be Pistachio ice cream. 

Drink Choice will be an Arnold Palmer
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 1:33pm

You are a mastermind serial killer who finally gets caught and is imprisoned in a high security prison in Antarctica. You are not to be executed until all your victims have been found and laid to rest by there family's. But to prolong your life you give the answers to there locations in riddles. It takes them 20 years to solve the riddles. Since your so far from everywhere your food has to be brought in in large shipments. To make it easy you only get one of each for the remainder of your life. To much paper work to change it. So you get to choose one type of drink, one main course, and two sides, plus you get one desert. What would they be?

fruit roll-up and mashpotato, main--> bbq ribs, drink--> green tea latte (HOT) and mochi for dessert
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 1:38pm
the water, fishing pole, radio, mirror, snowboard,
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 1:48pm

Lets say your out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and your brand new yacht is taking on water. You have to abandon the yacht and get into an emergency life raft.  Before you do you have time to grab 5 things. What do you grab?
Choose 5 things from the list and say why.

life jacket
box of chocolate bars
compass
sextant
Map of the Atlantic
15x15 Plastic tarp
five gallon jug of water
shark repellant
rope
fishing pole
mirror
pack of water proof matches
your snowboardWink
flash light
a gallon of gasoline
a paddle for the raft
coffee filters
two way radio with a 10 mile radius
crate with a week of food rations
first aid kit
flare gun with two shots
sun screen

The 2 way radio (considering luxery yacht ussually use the same cruising lanes)
fishing pole (who needs the crate when you can frikkin fish!)
flash light
rope (i can do anything with rope)
Water proof matches
and the flare gun

sorry snowboard you cant come... and if im rich enough to buy a yacht ill get a new one when i get back to land. Now thats smart thinkin

It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by AJD13

Lets say your out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and your brand new yacht is taking on water. You have to abandon the yacht and get into an emergency life raft.  Before you do you have time to grab 5 things. What do you grab?Choose 5 things from the list and say why.life jacketbox of chocolate bars compass sextantMap of the Atlantic15x15 Plastic tarpfive gallon jug of watershark repellant ropefishing polemirrorpack of water proof matchesyour snowboardWinkflash lighta gallon of gasolinea paddle for the raftcoffee filterstwo way radio with a 10 mile radius crate with a week of food rationsfirst aid kitflare gun with two shotssun screenThe 2 way radio (considering luxery yacht ussually use the same cruising lanes)
flash light
Water proof matches
and the flare gun
sorry snowboard you cant come... and if im rich enough to buy a yacht ill get a new one when i get back to land. Now thats smart thinkin

you will die within 72 hours with what you picked
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by kyle521

Originally posted by AJD13

Lets say your out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and your brand new yacht is taking on water. You have to abandon the yacht and get into an emergency life raft.  Before you do you have time to grab 5 things. What do you grab?Choose 5 things from the list and say why.life jacketbox of chocolate bars compass sextantMap of the Atlantic15x15 Plastic tarpfive gallon jug of watershark repellant ropefishing polemirrorpack of water proof matchesyour snowboardWinkflash lighta gallon of gasolinea paddle for the raftcoffee filterstwo way radio with a 10 mile radius crate with a week of food rationsfirst aid kitflare gun with two shotssun screenThe 2 way radio (considering luxery yacht ussually use the same cruising lanes)
flash light
Water proof matches
and the flare gun

you will die within 72 hours with what you picked

hahaha that made me laugh so hard, and what do you need matches for on a raft ?
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 3:28pm
maybe to cook a fish? or burn your rope to make some smoke, then again you could just use a flare gun 
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by winn

maybe to cook a fish? or burn your rope to make some smoke, then again you could just use a flare gun 
you really would not even be able to cook your fish with only matches. and who doesnt like sushi. o wait i dont
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 3:34pm
lol yeah thats true, l guess l didnt think it through before replying lol
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2011 at 7:42pm

I'll go with steak, potatoes, scotch, and for dessert a fine cigar.  For the other side I'd have an apple, but instead of eating it I'd stash them in my cell and use them to make scrumpy in my toilet bucket.

Scrumpy pairs nicely with fine cigars.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 52>