Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WI parks
    Posted: Sep/22/2011 at 2:29pm
so people out in WI you guys almost ready for the snow.

well it'll be a month or a little longer to find that snow and i cant wait to start as a beginner.

so does anyone know of places to go. Granite Peak was one and its 3 hours away.

respond here!
tinatkd11 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tinatkd11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 9:37am
What part of WI are you in?
beth is cool
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 9:41am
Granite allegedly is consistently ranked as having one of the top 10 parks in the country.  I'm going to hit it sometime in December, hopefully early season snow is good enough for them to put up some respectable features.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 9:47am
Milwaukee. yeah i want to hit up granite also. i think me and mikeD are planning something. still to early to tell.

i heard big bend also. i'm a beginner sooooo this should be an interesting season and i plan to go for days
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 9:50am
Tyrol basin is pretty good i hear.. I dont know how far you are from devils head but they alsways have a good setup
speedy79 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Granite Peak

Quote speedy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 12:49pm
Ok ... I live about 5 miles from Granite Peak, Yes it has great features and many parks spread through out the entire mountain. Its nice because it does have a beginner park area as well as a much more advanced area. The mountain is set up very nice and has lots of different things to try. If you live in Milwaukee check out Chestnut Mountain, prolly about half the time to get to than Granite. Its in Galena Illinois and has lots of cool features as well. Also has a beginner area. Either place is great and lots of fun to just ride as well
speedy79 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Granite Peak

Quote speedy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 12:52pm
Also Granite does have some pretty wicked snow making machines and has always been open around mid November with real snow on the ground or not. December should not be a problem, just check which days you want to go because sometimes they shut down chair lifts and close half the runs, including a nice rythem section
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 12:57pm
thanks speedy i'll check it out
tinatkd11 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tinatkd11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by krisshono

Tyrol basin is pretty good i hear.. I dont know how far you are from devils head but they alsways have a good setup
tyrol is really small so unless you go on tuesdays its not really worth it.

beth is cool
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 2:55pm
dude i live in new berlin and im out at alpine all the time i snatched up a season pass this past week and im ready to get it in. sunburst i havent been to but i hear its legit. alpine is just closer for me in east troy and i like the way they the guys there have the park set up. its always being changed
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by scuddera

dude i live in new berlin and im out at alpine all the time i snatched up a season pass this past week and im ready to get it in. sunburst i havent been to but i hear its legit. alpine is just closer for me in east troy and i like the way they the guys there have the park set up. its always being changed

I gotcha. Ive never been to tyrol. Ive just heard alot of people talk about it.. Usually if im headin that way i just got to cascade or make the trek to devils head. I mostly go to chestnit or alpine. Mostly alpine cause its closer.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
New 2012 setup for outerwear

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 3:27pm

I gotcha. Ive never been to tyrol. Ive just heard alot of people talk about it.. Usually if im headin that way i just got to cascade or make the trek to devils head. I mostly go to chestnit or alpine. Mostly alpine cause its closer.
when i was at cascade they had the stair feature up. I fire carackered the stairs. Prolly the funnest trick to mess around with.
11 Dc lauri pro tone, 11 Rome s90 bindings

Check out www.wonsnow.com
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2011 at 4:33pm

how much was your pass? i plan on being here till janurary and going to cali to try to hit up some parks.

i'm a beginner so i'd like to try carving and you know the basics. i'm going to moda to order my board tomorrow.

i'll look up these places and start marking calender dates so i can go!
perculator View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote perculator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2011 at 10:00am
Im a big fan of devils head. probly gonna pick up a season pass this year.!!!
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2011 at 6:31am
all these resorts are a little past madison. i wouldn't have a problem if i took my uncles SUV. yeah he'll leave me a Sh*tty car like an acura that car wouldn't even fit my board let alone make the drive to madison.

thanks for the replies just need to see if anyone is trying go on days when their free. weekeneds aren't possible with my schedule. maybe the first days of the week
tinatkd11 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tinatkd11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2011 at 3:48pm
Hey i know this is "WI Parks" but for anyone that doesnt know, Chestnut Mt in Galena Il is having their anual swap meet Sunday. There are some crazy deals on hardgoods there. Last year i got brand new 32 boots for 30 bucks and my friend got k2 bindings for 15. If youre around the area, check it out.
beth is cool
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2011 at 9:10am
Do any of the resorts in Wisconsin have good lessons or programs for learning how to ride park or pipe? Most of my friends have little interest in riding park, but I would like to check it out.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2011 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

Do any of the resorts in Wisconsin have good lessons or programs for learning how to ride park or pipe? Most of my friends have little interest in riding park, but I would like to check it out.
the best one i know is granite peak. i had a lesson there and had a blast. the instructors are so nice and they actually help you as much as they can. they helped me get better.

sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2011 at 2:01pm
im not sure about nearby but you can check out summer snowboard camps. its something to keep in mind during the offseason
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2011 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by sdwc96

im not sure about nearby but you can check out summer snowboard camps. its something to keep in mind during the offseason
yeah for the rich!

HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2011 at 4:17pm
Amen summer camps are expensive when you figure us Midwest folk need to fly out as well. I know that I would learn a lot at a summer camp as you get great instruction and get to ride with new people, but for the money I would rather ride during the winter and try to catch some powder. 
packfan4ever View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote packfan4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2011 at 4:51pm
granite peak, devils head, and chestnut are solid places. granite has the best park in the midwest and chestnuts got a solid one also. devils head doesnt have the greatest park but they definatly improved last year plus i like the rest of their runs. they are longer then cheasnut and granite peak. Dont let granite peak fool you with saying they are the tallest in the midwest, their park is amazing but for riding around the runs for the most part are super short.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2011 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by packfan4ever

granite peak, devils head, and chestnut are solid places. granite has the best park in the midwest and chestnuts got a solid one also. devils head doesnt have the greatest park but they definatly improved last year plus i like the rest of their runs. they are longer then cheasnut and granite peak. Dont let granite peak fool you with saying they are the tallest in the midwest, their park is amazing but for riding around the runs for the most part are super short.
yeah but i really hate devils head. i just dislike the park. i would rather spend another 2 more hours and go to granite peak for the same price.

JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2011 at 7:01am
i'm going to hit up sunburst first.

my cousin was telling me if you can't bomb chestnut you wont make it so whatever that means.

anyways yeah its been raining the past couple of days and still waiting for it to get a little colder so it snows.

but in Nov - Mid december i'll be trying to get some runs in. before i head out to granite peak and devils head. (assuming devils head and granite peak cost the same just location is farther)
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2011 at 8:02am
granite peak costs like 10 or 15 dollars more. but when you go you wont regret it. there park is outstanding compared to all the parks in the midwest. i cant wait to go and film with my new go pro.

jwb1987 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jwb1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2011 at 8:06am
Devils head is nice. I go up there for Rock N Ride twice a year. It's an awesome event, a few sponsers, raffels, russian downhill and lots of alcohol!!! Chestnut Mtn kicks ass too, can't go wrong!
jwb1987 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jwb1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2011 at 8:07am
Also Wilmot, nothing special but its closest to Chicago land snowboarders. About the same price as devils head for few small runs, nothing really special there expect for saving time driving!
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2011 at 8:34am
^ yeah i go there a lot. this years gonna be a lot better this year. cant wait for the new park setup 

JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2011 at 8:39am
i'll check those out. i'll go around town first like i said big bend, sunburst, and chstnut mtn.

tag those first then devils head then i think by then i should be heading to CA for a trip and Socal also. so lots of places to go!
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 11:46am
some days parks are open some days there aren't.

anyone been out yet this past week? LMK cause i can go devils head on monday if possible if i get more information
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by JAMM0N

some days parks are open some days there aren't.

anyone been out yet this past week? LMK cause i can go devils head on monday if possible if i get more information
im pretty sure no parks in Wisconsin are open yet.

JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 12:06pm
so your telling me skiresort is wrong?!?
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 12:30pm
http://www.devilsheadresort.com/dhr/Lifts-Grooming.aspx
read it says opening day is NOVEMBER 25TH

BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 1:10pm
anyone who wants to meet up and ride with me at Granite just PM me, Im up there alllll winter
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 2:16pm
well when does granite peak open????

JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 3:19pm
on the site it says their open. well its been snwing up north i dont know how many feed but it snowed yesterday and wednesday
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 8:20am
Ha tyrol opened its preseason today. I was suppose to go but its to warm. Cry

scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 9:02am
no shit tyrol opened today.....? i cant imagine theres much if anything to snowboard on. Not going to lie its a beautiful fall day. I busted out the freebord and hit this soapbox durby hill by my house and it was awesome
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 9:51am
yeah its nice out right now. snow probably melted already all parks are closed for today. check back later to see if they open. their never open in the mornings always late 5pm till closing
tinatkd11 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tinatkd11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 1:16pm
Just a park sections open at tyrol and its all walk up. im not sure how it is yet but some friends are going tomorrow.
beth is cool
packfan4ever View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote packfan4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 2:13pm
whats your oppinion on tyrol? i went there like 4 years ago when i was first learning how to ride and never saw the park. Havent been back since. iv heard their park is good and i got friends that love the place. Just looking for some more oppinions so how does it compare to devils head, cascade, and chesnut's park? I have been to granite peak and i know their parks top in midwest so dont tell me its worse then granite peaks's park.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 2:58pm
Yeah id say cascade and tyrol's park are almost the same. Its for sure better that devils head. I just dont like devils head. Chestnut id say in like January has the 2nd best park besides granite.

tinatkd11 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tinatkd11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 3:30pm

Devils Head doesn’t even really have a "park". They’ve got some scattered jumps and rails on their black diamonds, or at least that’s how it was last year. Cascade has a decent park and then random kickers and a tiny set up on one of their green hills. I personally like chestnuts park the best. They have the "farside" which is just straight park all year round and they build jumps on random runs every month or so until comp season. Then they build their half pipe and quarter pipe and there comp section right by the lodge.

beth is cool
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 3:45pm
Devils head a sweet park last year.. They had everything, more then some scattered jumps as previously stated. They usually put something awesome together every year for park and switch it up thru the season
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 5:02pm
Granite only got like 3 inches total. I was up there today getting my pass. There isnt snow at Granite, it all melted and its crap there, it was like 50 some degrees. It supposed to open on the 19th, but I dont see that happeneing.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by BoxStomper

Granite only got like 3 inches total. I was up there today getting my pass. There isnt snow at Granite, it all melted and its crap there, it was like 50 some degrees. It supposed to open on the 19th, but I dont see that happeneing.
Are you sure. I mean granites snow makers are crazy. They pump so many gallons in a minute. Id say they open by the 19th. If they do i might have to go up there.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 6:18pm
It has to be cold enough to make snow.
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2011 at 7:48pm
and its not cold enough!

wind?? towards the lake CMON!
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2011 at 4:25am
I agree with Jammon it is not cold enough, the forecast has it raining and 43 on Friday.
tinatkd11 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tinatkd11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2011 at 5:41am
Has anyone been to Tyrol yet this season? Im heading up there today. First day of the season oooooright!
beth is cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>