Modern Warfare 3

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 16>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
akaja24 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote akaja24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern Warfare 3
    Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 4:32pm
MW3 comes out on 11.8.11. I know a lot of people have their varying opinions of the franchise and how they are just beating it to death and that it's basically the same thing each and every new game, but regardless of that, it's still going to be a huge hit as always... regardless of Battlefield 3's prior release.

I for one, and my crew, are very excited for the release. I haven't bought my presale yet, but I have already asked for the day off. That and I just bought a new pair of Turtle Beach x41's. Pretty excited.

This thread is for everything MW3 related.
got'em!!!
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 5:02pm
mw3 is gonna be sick unfortunately i wont be getting it until christmas because money is tight right now... no new board this year either =/
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
odoyale rules View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote odoyale rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 5:08pm
I can't wait for the new MW to come out. I have a feeling that it will correlate with a drop in grades though Ouch
18 days and counting

I make custom diecuts (stickers). PM me for info
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 5:08pm
zzzzzzzzzzz
 same game again. l think the problem is they release too much too soon. its like mw2 black ops.mw3 all within 2 yrs is pretty quick
njironman6 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Standing Sideways

Quote njironman6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 5:21pm
If you really play youd see its not the same game mwf2 is completely diff than black ops even made by two diff sets. I play competitive for both. Very stoked for it to come out.
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 5:29pm
l play them both, and they are different, but not enough to make a logical choice to play them both "competitively" 
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 6:10pm
i want to get both of them but i have always liked cod better. But i might actually buy both games this time 
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 6:11pm
Ill prob get it, Ive been playing since COD2 so i love the games, i didnt get to play black ops much cuz my internet blows but i got better internet and i cant wait to play mw3
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 6:58pm
I'm pretty excited for it.  I've grown tired of Black Ops, and went back to MW2 for a little while, but now that GoW3 arrived, I'll be playing that until MW3 shows up at my door.
andyc5315 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote andyc5315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 7:11pm
Cant wait either but I'm starting to get tired of multi-player. Its been the same since mw. Hope they add something new.
Worst I had was wonderful.
kyavo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kyavo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 7:20pm
yea i cant wait to see how the multi player is. im hoping on a big improvement on alot of things and im hoping for some sick maps as well
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 9:23pm
turtle beach is sick, i only got the x1... x11 forces... think that's what they're, is one of the first ones. but i'm very satisfy already. i can only imagine how much better the x41's are.
can't wait for mw3 either. i really hope that we'll be able to have multiple claymore setup with scavenger like mw2. and really hope it'll have less gitches for online but i highly doubt it.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2011 at 10:04pm
i don't really feel like supporting IW this time around...it just seems so watered down now :/
woohoo123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woohoo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 9:07am
will this be better than bf3?
WOOHOO
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 9:21am
they come out so quick because they are 2 different companys making the games. and i will be gettin mw3
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 9:21am
I'm just curious if MP is going to be as terrible as it is in BO.  I won't even play BO anymore the system is so broken.  I think it was the 50th time that I shot at a dude 45 times and then get shot once and died, and in the reply I didn't even get a shot off that I decided to retire the game.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 9:26am
Originally posted by woohoo123

your joking right. MW3 will never be compared to BF3 in its lifetime
falcon02520 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote falcon02520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 9:27am
Black Ops was such a let down for me that I'm worried MW3 won't live up to previous games as well. Glad Infinity Ward is making it though, so it should be a sick game. I'm hoping for some positive changes in the multiplayer mode, but not expecting much. Can't wait for the game.
MurphyMasta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MurphyMasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 9:31am
Im gonna let my friends buy it first this time because for me black ops was a let down. So im gonna let them buy it and until then just play gears 3.
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 9:33am
yeah the waiting game is fun. you can always catch up if your good @ it with the challenges.

but forsure BF3 is no let down and i would expect everyone who plays this game to pick it up on release day
falcon02520 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote falcon02520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 9:36am
This is a great idea. It sounds so good right now, I'm gonna borrow it for myself. Thanks!
Silent311 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Silent311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 10:20am
Ive pre ordered it AND my team that I run with are going to garage network in AZ for 3-4 days. Its not so much about the game, but about hanging out...the game just gave us a reason to. Plus we all will do the Karting, shooting, bars, and whatever else the desert has to offer.
I have not seen a single preview or screen shot or anything of the game...so I really have no idea going in.

LegalBoarding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LegalBoarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 10:20am
Originally posted by JAMM0N

Originally posted by woohoo123

your joking right. MW3 will never be compared to BF3 in its lifetime

The two games are similar in theme, but the play-styles are completely different. 

BF usually has limited lives and involves more strategy. People take different roles in a unit and there are vehicles and etc to enhance experience. 

COD is usually more of a quick-paced run and shoot kind of game. Slow play is not really their style. Think Counter-strike style. There is some strategy, but it is relatively slim compared to BF. 
BananaMonster View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote BananaMonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 6:53pm
Im more stoked for Battlefield 3 which I chose to pre-order over MW3, but I plan to rent MW3 then decide from there to purchase it or not.
Dont trip chocolate chip!
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 7:13pm
Looks the same to me as nearly every other war game coming out these days.  I sweat they are not even trying anymore.
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2011 at 7:20pm
I'm going for BF3 as well. CoD vs BF is like apples and oranges. The only thing is I'll be playing the PS3 version and that version has way smaller multiplayer battles than the PC version. I understand why they had to do it but it still makes me Cry
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 7:53am
Originally posted by odoyale rules

I can't wait for the new MW to come out. I have a feeling that it will correlate with a drop in grades though Ouch

i might not buy it til next summer for exactly this reason.  must resist.
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 8:07am
Originally posted by panther

hahaha idk mw3 sounds way better then hw or grades hehehehe
LegalBoarding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LegalBoarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 9:14am
Originally posted by tomek77pl

Originally posted by panther

hahaha idk mw3 sounds way better then hw or grades hehehehe

Thats how i felt about black ops!!! They always release the games just around the time i need to be focusing the most. It's like they purposely sabotage students! haha
Yankeefanmvp View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Yankeefanmvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 12:51pm
I am so dam ready for Modern Warfare 3. I need to save up some cash to get it but want it really bad.  Who thinks it will be better then call of duty 4?
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 2:40pm
did you skip GoW just to wait for MW3?
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kirkalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 4:06pm
This game better be as good as the trailers portray it to be.
ta1on View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ta1on Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 4:43pm
I hope that it's co-op stuff is as good as the others.  I loved playing co-op MW2 with my roommates
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 12:26am
anyone see the leaked achievement list? :O
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Yankeefanmvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 6:07am
ANyone know any of the guns that will be used?
akaja24 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote akaja24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by ta1on

I hope that it's co-op stuff is as good as the others.  I loved playing co-op MW2 with my roommates

what sucks is that i think the campaign is going to be strictly 1 player (i could be wrong though). but in this day and age, games like this have to have co-op campaigns, not just spec-ops and such. i'm very disappointed.
got'em!!!
ta1on View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ta1on Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by akaja24

Originally posted by ta1on

what sucks is that i think the campaign is going to be strictly 1 player (i could be wrong though). but in this day and age, games like this have to have co-op campaigns, not just spec-ops and such. i'm very disappointed.

Really? I thought I read somewhere that the campaign was going to be co-op this time... Oh well
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 3:09pm
just plad black ops and i cant wait for the new cod to come out. it needs to come out faster lol

seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2011 at 10:10pm
they're coming out fast enough...the series is getting seriously watered down :/
Atrain13 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Atrain13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 6:49am
cant wait but i think it looks to much like mw2
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 6:53am
Originally posted by seacow234

they're coming out fast enough...the series is getting seriously watered down :/

+1 the games are comign out too fast and not enough to differentiate them
Silent311 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Silent311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 10:07am
Originally posted by kel

If i didnt have this trip planned out to the T and have all the extra activities lined up with it...I wouldnt be buying the game.

akaja24 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote akaja24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 11:27am
Originally posted by kel

agreed... but if you play COD as much as me and my friends do... you definitely welcome the change. haha.

and on another note, i just got my brand new turtle beach x41's in the mail yesterday. SO FREAKING RIDICULOUSLY SICK. I LOVE THEM!!! i haven't got to play much BOps with them yet, but SitRep Pro on MW2... amazing sound. i just wish you didn't need the component A/V cable to plug the headphones into. i've ran into the a/v component | HDMI cable problem. BLAH!!!
got'em!!!
akaja24 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote akaja24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 11:31am
via: http://kotaku.com/5844046/turn-those-empty-calories-into-double-xp-with-modern-warfare-3-mountain-dew--doritos
via: http://www.rankupxp.com/Teaser

Turn Those Empty Calories Into Double XP with Modern Warfare 3 Mountain Dew & Doritos

Snack enthusiasts will have a powerful advantage over their non-snacking multiplayer rivals in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, thanks to Doritos and Mountain Dew's "Rank Up Your Game" scheme. It turns the consumption of nacho cheese flavored chips and carbonated beverages into cold, hard experience points—twice as many, 15 minutes at a time.

The people who harvest the sweet, refreshing nectar from mountaintops and stuff it in a bottle are giving Call of Duty fans a "Game Fuel" to call their own this fall. Not only will it (presumably) quench thirsts and capably wash down tortilla chips of the nacho cheese and cool ranch varieties, it will give Modern Warfare 3 players a "double XP" boost if they redeem unique codes from Mountain Dew and Doritos products.

There's also a big old sweepstakes attached to the promo, with PepsiCo and Activision giving away a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, subscriptions to Call of Duty: Elite, video game hardware, clothing and other Modern Warfare-themed prizes.

What does one get for their purchase of Mountain Dew in its many shapes and sizes? The official Dew XP site breaks it down, explaining the exchange for one 20 ounce bottle of MTN DEW to 15 minutes worth of double experience in the game's multiplayer modes.

If Call of Duty multiplayer isn't your thing, maybe you can just gorge on salty snacks in remembrance of Doritos' late creator, Arch West.

More details at the promotion's official site.

got'em!!!
tangles View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2011 at 2:30pm
I hope there is better reqards for prestiging in mw3 then the black ops im so over prestiging
akaja24 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote akaja24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 3:01am
anyone try out the new BF3 beta that came out yesterday? please keep in mind i'm highly biased bc im a cod man, but after playing it with my crew yesterday... 2 games... i'll say that it wasn't bad, but definitely wasn't good. here's my critique:

the graphics felt like it was an old school game that was choppy and definitely out of date. 30pfs vs. COD's 60pfs...? also my friend's complained a ton about the glitchyness of the environment where you'd disappear into the ground and such.

as far as gameplay... it was fun, but being picked off by people you can't even see yet is quite annoying. i mean, yes, im a BF3 noob, but im definitely not a FPS noob and not being able to even compete bc i can't even put up a fight was annoying.

getting in and out of games and just the overall UI was tough to navigate. was definitely annoyed by the difficulty of figuring out the menus and how to do simple tasks.

the sound in my turtle beaches though... amazing. IDK, for as much hype as the game has gotten, i was a bit disappointed. but that might just be because im a cod loyalist. but i honestly did approach this game with an open mind, and before trying it out, i was most likely going to buy it. for shame. this open beta put me off.

here's another review a guy from the pittsburgh post gazette that sums up basically what i said (it came up when i did a google search): http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/the-game-guy/30255-battlefield-3-has-a-rough-start
got'em!!!
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 4:06am
it's harder to rush in bf3
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Yankeefanmvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 4:27am
I can't wait for this game to come out I am going crazy please come faster.
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by akaja24

anyone try out the new BF3 beta that came out yesterday? please keep in mind i'm highly biased bc im a cod man, but after playing it with my crew yesterday... 2 games... i'll say that it wasn't bad, but definitely wasn't good. here's my critique:

the graphics felt like it was an old school game that was choppy and definitely out of date. 30pfs vs. COD's 60pfs...? also my friend's complained a ton about the glitchyness of the environment where you'd disappear into the ground and such.

as far as gameplay... it was fun, but being picked off by people you can't even see yet is quite annoying. i mean, yes, im a BF3 noob, but im definitely not a FPS noob and not being able to even compete bc i can't even put up a fight was annoying.

getting in and out of games and just the overall UI was tough to navigate. was definitely annoyed by the difficulty of figuring out the menus and how to do simple tasks.

the sound in my turtle beaches though... amazing. IDK, for as much hype as the game has gotten, i was a bit disappointed. but that might just be because im a cod loyalist. but i honestly did approach this game with an open mind, and before trying it out, i was most likely going to buy it. for shame. this open beta put me off.

here's another review a guy from the pittsburgh post gazette that sums up basically what i said (it came up when i did a google search): http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/the-game-guy/30255-battlefield-3-has-a-rough-start

Yea, I played it for 2 hours yesterday and I agree with what you said. I was pretty pumped for the game but the beta dampened my enthusiasm. The graphics were choppy and lots of clipping. Hit boxes between objects was weird too... lots of disappearing thru trees/rocks and dropping through the floor. The gameplay was okay... but anyway, it's the Beta so hopefully they will sort things out.
stevo05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote stevo05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2011 at 6:28pm
I thought betas were watered/stripped down versions of the full version? It's not like they can revamp things in a matter of weeks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>