1 Staff | 14 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 395,980 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Post your most recent purchase (pics required)

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3132333435 36>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post your most recent purchase (pics required)
    Posted: May/29/2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by coolz

i thought they did, oh well, small matter anyways. Only thing l heard from my garage is that hyndai is more expensive to fix compared to toyota and honda. not sure as he specialize in those 2 brands 
I know that Lexus and a few other premium marques will do a road test as part of the PDI. But for all other automakers, it is typically not conducted as it is redundant.

Toyota has a very unusual advantage of lower cost to fix than other automakers because they own their own auto parts supplier, Denso Corporation, who also supplies Honda and almost every other manufacturer in the world to some extent. This means the cost of a middleman between the supplier, the automaker, and the public is eliminated. The only other automaker with a comparable business structure was General Motors and its sub-owned suppliers, Delphi and ACDelco. The difference, here, is that GM's cars and the parts in them were completely shit from start to finish, right through total bankruptcy and continuing on afterwards, so it really didn't amount to much of a favourable reputation. Delphi has since been annexed from GM control and operates independently.

"Cheap to fix" is an arbitrary descriptor. Cost of maintenance of any car depends, largely, on the parts you use. Shave off a few bucks to use shitty Chinese aftermarket parts and you'll end up spending more to fix it more frequently, no matter what brand of car you drive. Speaking from experience, Hyundai parts cost about the same as comparable Toyota parts. Hyundai/Kia has the advantage of cheaper Korean labour costs than most other developed countries, so there are times when genuine Hyundai parts from the dealer are cheaper than anything else in the market. The clutch I did for a Tiburon last month is one such example; shopped around before finally calling the dealership only to find that it was 20% cheaper coming straight from the the automaker itself, which also guarantees the highest quality that you can possibly buy.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2013 at 7:25pm
hmm...
It was time to update the groupset....

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2013 at 8:16pm
Sexing up the X3 a little bit!

She got new shoes a few weekends ago:

Replacement side marker lights came in the mail Friday...love the smoke tint!

JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 6:16am
Productive night last night:
Picked up my Keen Targhee II hiking boots, a Eureka Silver City sleeping bag...

aaannnndddd......

A Galaxy S4!  Big smile

No pics today I guess.  The photo uploader hates me, but you all should know the awesomeness that is the S4! :)
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Witty1

hmm...
It was time to update the groupset....

Nice, thats a sick groupo
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Lux

Originally posted by julius77

My new car
Took delivery this past Saturday. Had 7 miles on it. My last car, I drove into the ground. Over 230k miles on it. Trade in value was not high.
Excellent choice of automobile. Reliable, well-built, and good value for money. What interior goodies did you get? 
Thanks Lux- I did a ton of research before pulling the trigger. As far as goodies, it has way more stuff than I am used to. Control panels on the steering wheel, blue tooth hooked up with my phone, satilite radio, usb ports, aux ports, power everything, voice commands, a sweet key that can start the car before I unlock it or get in, heated seats, etc. It's nicer than my house.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 7:29am
Dammn witty. Di2 is siiiiiiiiick. Beyond jealous of you. Closest I have been to that is Ui2, which was really nice, but this stuff is off the hook. What you putting that on? I expect a full write up and pictures of that build over in the biking thread Wink
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 11:18am
Thanks TruSnow!!

julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 11:37am
^Nice Chillwill!!! I got the same Force SL's with my coupon and I love them. With the adjustable heelcup and solid response, you're going to have a great time next season!
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 3:24pm
Picked up a new Avy probe....
My old one was floppy and did not perform as well as I'd have liked it to. 

| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 3:44pm
^^^ I've found that happens as we age . . . . 

-b
get bent
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

^^^ I've found that happens as we age . . . . 

-b

So did you buy a new one to replace it?? Wink LOL
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 7:30am
^No, he just got some blue 'vitamins' Wink
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2013 at 11:27am
Got these recently

Fear is the Mind Killer
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 9:45pm
zumiez purchase today
davidhn2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidhn2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 11:16pm

bought it from active! (= 66 percent off
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 4:24am

Watching the announcement for the new Xbox One made me realize it's time to ditch the bunny ears.  Current promotion for Dish got me this for free:

I never would have bought one otherwise.  I think they cost way more then they are worth.  I opened the box and before even turning it on, my wife says "I love it".  I get it set up and I must say...I like my little nexus 7 tablet a lot better.  I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 6:00am
Whiskey Militia ROCKS!!!!
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 7:27am

steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 10:59am
sweatsaver_blackrubber_008c_1.jpg
Just bought a triple eight dome piece for longboarding. I can't believe I didn't wear one all last year. I think that I won't mind sparing $40 to protect my head.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 5:56pm
Picked up 2 cases of rations for any zombie outbreak attacks or emergencies.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2013 at 7:50am
My watch arrived not too long ago (purchased with aeroplan miles), glad I got it sooner than later because the price went up 2000 miles!

I LOVE IT!  ...although it's hard to get the atomic time radio tower signal from here in Toronto.

Citizen AT4008-51E Eco-Drive Perpetual Chrono AT

Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2013 at 8:07am
^ Nice watch.  The Citizen Eco-Drive watches just keep going and going - no batteries to replace.

Received my quarterly incentive check 2 weeks ago and picked up one of these last week:

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2013 at 8:35am
Love the eco-drives!
I've had my skyhawk blue angels edition for over 10 years:

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 11:38am
I actually wanted the ivory version but xs was all sold out everywhere.  Cry
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 4:17pm

picked these up from thrive!
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 8:25pm
Sweet pants coolz.  I was looking at those when they first came out.  Love the grey.  And now that they are 50% off, I might have to get some.

Let me know how the quality is.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 7:35am
I've been eyeing those pants too..just waiting for them to ship in some size small ones to pick them up...
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 9:46am
Originally posted by lightning80

I've been eyeing those pants too..

Something tells me this isn't the first time those words have escaped lightning's mouth.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 10:05am
I wonder if they would come out with pants with suspenders.  I think all my bros are into suspender pants and they all need a new pair.  LOL
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2013 at 10:09am
That's some original thinking right there! WinkTongue
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 10:11pm
Canon 5D MIII after 3+ months of saving. Being poor sucks but this is a beauty of a camera!!!

And to go with it a samyang 85mm 1.4 
Super sharp lens at 1.4 but gets worse as you stop above 5.6, this lens wasn't meant to be stopped down! Full manual focus and manual aperture control. 

If only Queensland had snow...
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2013 at 4:37pm
Wow, nice camera. I still have the Rebel, probably upgrade to the 40D when it breaks, the 5D is probably out of reach.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2013 at 4:43pm

just got these off amazon. great quality for the price. they fit perfectly
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 8:05am
43" plasma for the kid's gameroom downstairs so they would stop using the 58" in my living room and I could put that tiny 32" LCD back into my son's room:

Absolutely no special features at all and maxes out at 720p, but the picture is beautiful, the viewing angles are enormous for the huge room, and at under $400, I don't care how the kids treat it!
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 8:50am
"Downsized" the mains in my living room to lsi15's:

Got some more power with this beast:

(It weighs 80 pounds!)

And I put my 25's in the other room.  Brought it all home this weekend and "surprised" the wife -- honestly thought she took it pretty well!

-b
get bent
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 12:13pm
picked up this 103 in Compton today
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 4:42am
This Reverse Osmosis system should be here by Thursday:

When it arrives, I will install this faucet/sprayer as well:

So I picked up this basin wrench to make it easier:

Also ordered this ACT Heavy Duty Clutch kit with Performance Street Disc which will be one of the only parts in my car that I DON'T install myself:

But my Tokico Blue rear shocks were on backorder...which is fine because I'm not going to install them untill it's starts getting cooler out again:  

SwarleyAUS View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote SwarleyAUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 2:07am
Upgraded to IPS - LG 24" 1200p: @ LG

=D It's like gaming in a cinema!

bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 5:27pm
didn't purchased but got this as a gift from a very late Christmas present
alien tool set
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 10:29am
$45 worth of TNT Fireworks for $20 on Groupon to use for July 4th. Here's a link to the deal for anyone intrested in the Sacramento area:
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 10:37am
^ You're going to blow your hand off, kid.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 10:53am
Originally posted by sideways99

Kid? Tongue If the info on your profile is correct, I'm actually older than you.

We've been doing our own fireworks for years. The stuff that are legally sold in Californa are pretty weak compared to the ones we had in Texas. We used to shoot mortars toward the lake that look like a real fireworks show when we were in Texas. The stuff we get here in California are childsplay..roman candles, sparklers, fountains..nothing that really shoots anywhere or explodes.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 11:27am
Are they any Native American Reservations near you?  There are here in Vegas.  That's where you get the good stuff.

But with having 3 kids under 10 and them wanted to launch stuff, we stick with mostly the crappy legal stuff.  
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by MrMeaty

Are they any Native American Reservations near you?  There are here in Vegas.  That's where you get the good stuff.
But with having 3 kids under 10 and them wanted to launch stuff, we stick with mostly the crappy legal stuff.  

I remember years ago we would drive up to Pahrump to get the real fireworks. Then one July, the police were pulling everyone over and making them get rid of everything or pay a fine. Bastards, haha.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 12:54pm
Yeah, they still do that, but only towards the end of June.  They are sold year round, so you gotta get them before June.

My buddies got theirs last November!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 2:17am
Originally posted by lightning80

Originally posted by sideways99

Kid? Tongue If the info on your profile is correct, I'm actually older than you.

OK, you're going to blow your hand off, old man.

My original post was a variation of the theme from A Christmas Story... you're going to shoot your eye out, kid.  I guess no one got it.
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2013 at 11:02pm

New boots because my old ones don't fit any more. Cry But these fit perfect! and its like having a little bit of snowboarding history LOL
Nz in 1 1/2 months... 
If only Queensland had snow...
SGT712 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote SGT712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 3:40am
Just picked up this badboy yesterday to upgrade from my T3i. Big smile

Quiver: GNU Park Pickle 156
Stance: 15/-9, 24"
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by SGT712

Just picked up this badboy yesterday to upgrade from my T3i. Big smile

How much did you get them for?  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 36>