Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
return2heaven View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disgrace to Humanity video
    Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 8:22am
warning: this video will most likely make you very angry and sick to your stomach. 
please refrain from making any racist comments...

kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 8:27am
WHAT THE shtook THOSE PEOPLE NEED TO BE SHOT
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 8:41am
l found the disclaimer funny. "those with heart attack, high blood pressure and children must listen up"
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 9:23am
absolutely horrible, i hope those people feel guilty for the rest of their lives
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 11:33am
Reminds me of the story about the homeless man in NY tried to prevent a mugging of a woman and was stabbed by the robber.  As he was slumped on the floor bleeding, pedestrians just ignored him until the eventually bled to death.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 11:42am

sh*t is definitely disturbing. having lived in china for part of my life i always thought you usually can't pass anything of this sort without a million and a half rubberneckers/onlookers (which in this case would've at least helped get attn to the little girl).....i def want to smack the hell out of the first guy that walked by, it's like he made an effort to not look/see what was right in front of him...

my images won't show up dammit
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 11:58am
Was that China or some other country? 
My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
Zach0769 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 12:11pm

bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 12:14pm
That's the most disturbing video ever ..i don't know how 18 people can just drive pass and ignore this 2 year old ...you can fix a broken arm,you can fix a leaky pipe but you can't fix stupid
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 12:44pm
add a "NSFL" title please...

also, people say it stems from a 2006 court ruling where a victim accused the person who took them to the hospital of pushing them down a flight of stairs.

the person was just a random passerby who decided to perform a good deed. court ruled AGAINST him.
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 12:47pm
I wish i hadn't watched that.. That was very disturbing. I cant believe all those people.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by not-ewrx

Was that China or some other country? 

its technically in china and maccau boarder. as a note on the side, teh driver has been caught when l last heard from the radio
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 2:10pm
what in the world is wrong with some people. seriously sick
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 3:02pm
the host said that they didnt check because they didnt want the police to think it was them that did it. THen again, its not like you can walk over the kid and make tracks 
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 3:08pm
Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
New 2012 setup for outerwear

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 3:16pm
i showed that video to my parents. we all thought that when the guy went to pick her up her body was cut in half. it scared me so bad.
11 Dc lauri pro tone, 11 Rome s90 bindings

Check out www.wonsnow.com
bonkfisher5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Stepchild Chi Borg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 3:23pm
... speechless
 that is absolutely disgusting. Does the driver not see her? I really don't understand whats going on. 
Crushing the whistler bike park! Check it out! http://www.pinkbike.com/video/215809/
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 4:39pm
after reading all these posts I am not even going to watch.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by humdingaling

it happens~..just saying

but you know what just as bad 

people taking advantage of other people being good Samaritans Angry

doesnt apply cuz all the people showed up individually by themselves
LegalBoarding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 4:52pm
wow this shit is ridiculous.. I'm actually somewhat ashamed to be Chinese right now... That guy that ran her over  absolutely ridiculous. The dude needs to be found and run over a few times like he did to the little girl. 
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by winn

doesnt apply cuz all the people showed up individually by themselves

I disagree, it seemed like a well populated area. 
My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
B1-5G View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 6:12pm
I noticed this kind of behavior first hand. I was driving with my buddy one day and I happened to notice an old lady on the ground. I immediately stopped and got out to see what was going on. It turns out she just fell and couldn't get up. No big deal... There were two cars in front of me who passed by her and one care behind me continued to drive by like nothing happened. Even my friend remained in the car. He got a pretty good punch from for being so ignorant. I was truly disappointed in humanity at that time, as I am now after seeing such pathetic display of companionship. 
andrethegiant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 7:08pm
damn i don't understand how you people made it past the first 30 seconds of that dude talking, i had to fastforward to clip, but wow that was awful. Atleast stop that was ridiculous
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 10:10pm
it's NOT just thebystander effect, there are laws that could get you in serious trouble in china...eg. for helping them, you'll be hit by a lawsuit and LOSE.

also, i'm getting word thei child passed away...
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 11:18pm
death appears confirmed here...
http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/lft5v/the_chinese_girl_who_was_run_over_twice_and/
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 11:21pm
Amazing stuff but very little surprises me these days!
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 12:41am
I saw an interesting interview with a psychologist about this on CNN.  It is easy to say folks are cold and you wouldn't do the same, but when you are in such an extreme situation, you can basically be in shock and not totally processing the gravity of the situation in real-time.

I am certainly not condoning their actions, but I am at least saying you can't truly judge until you are in that situation yourself.
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 3:55am
I just kind of assumed that was fake.  None of those reactions looked genuine.  Now that I've looked through the comments, apparently it's real, and I wish I hadn't watched it.
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 4:29am
It's sad but I wouldn't take it as some grand representation of today's society. Bad things get reported, good things do not. People would've ran to help that poor girl in most any other situation. The van driver hit a little kid and panicked and ran. While it's not the right thing to do...it's still understandable. As for the people that walked by... I don't know. I truly hope they didn't notice her... Some of them, this is obviously not the case and they're bastards.

shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 4:44am
horrible that originally the guy that did the initial hit n run called the family, offered them some money but wouldn't turn himself in.

china is known for capital punishment, i hope this pos lowlife gets a bullet to the head.
my images won't show up dammit
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 5:14am
well the original dude was caught shortly after. woudl he get capital punishment though for that? l think he would just get jailed for a xx yrs no?
kirkalicious View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 5:33am
that was terrible, did the girl survive?
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 5:34am

according to video, she was screaming for a bit but when the garbage lady picked her up, she was lifeless already /no, she died

Funinc158 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 5:38am
In Asian, countries its actually a cultural thing to not do anything. I saw it when I traveled to Vietnam a few years ago, watched someone get hit by a motorcycle from the window of my hotel and people just stared and walked away. Good thing the victim wasn't seriously hurt. I talked to someone about why no one did anything, he explained that its not nice to aid people who are injured like that and when you do you run the risk of getting in trouble even if you are trying to help. Only authorities like the police and doctors, etc. can help.
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 5:41am
What if it was in a bad neighbourhood?  There are lots of places where a person lying on the ground is just bait for the "good samaritan" while someone else waits in the alley with a knife.
I'm more likely to help when I'm in a group of people; doing something by yourself potentially puts you at high risk to get robbed or killed.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Funinc158

In Asian, countries its actually a cultural thing to not do anything. I saw it when I traveled to Vietnam a few years ago, watched someone get hit by a motorcycle from the window of my hotel and people just stared and walked away. Good thing the victim wasn't seriously hurt. I talked to someone about why no one did anything, he explained that its not nice to aid people who are injured like that and when you do you run the risk of getting in trouble even if you are trying to help. Only authorities like the police and doctors, etc. can help.
l know what your saying, but l feel from when l went they arn't like that. they are usually appreciative when you help them. BUT risking getting yourself into trouble is a concern, l think its more of having to deal with it issue cuz they obviously cant lead it back to the person that helped her
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Funinc158

This is all sorts of wrong and paints a racial issue, WHICH IT IS NOT. The reason people no longer help is because of legal issues. In China, a lot of people that try to be good samaritans end up being the ones sued! It actually happens quite often in the US too. Some states had to pass a "Good Samaritan" law in order to protect people taht stop to aid an ailing individual. Many times moving a person that is injured may result in further injury and people WILL sue for exasparating the issue. To alleviate that, some states passed the good samaritan law to protect them from the law suits because sometimes people genuinely need aid. In China the legal system is not as developed, and many times the good samaritan gets blaimed because they don't have evidence it wasn't them that cause it or etc and the "victim" just wants compensation of some kind so ends up suing the good samaritan. 

Honestly, its all sorts of effed up shit. Being a good samaritan is not as good as it used to be especially if you are liable. The kindness does not always prevail and may end up costing you more in the end because thats how the legal systems are mistakenly designed. 

EDIT: Here is some information and updates to this case and examples why people don't help. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-15331773
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 9:54am

that reminded me of my friend in Canada.

girl chokes on some food at a restaurant. so my friend, who is CPR certified is by-law required to help, helps her. Did the himneck(dont mind my spelling) manueveur but buises her. he then gets a laywer letter for damages. The court later threw it out, but still a pain to deal with
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just before descending into the Waipio Valley Hawai'i

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 10:08am
Originally posted by jenni

that reminded me of my friend in Canada.

girl chokes on some food at a restaurant. so my friend, who is CPR certified is by-law required to help, helps her. Did the himneck(dont mind my spelling) manueveur but buises her. he then gets a laywer letter for damages. The court later threw it out, but still a pain to deal with

This is why we have the Good Samaritan Laws in the US....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 10:15am
Dang that is just sad.  It probably happens every day though.
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 10:51am
Originally posted by LegalBoarding

This is all sorts of wrong and paints a racial issue, WHICH IT IS NOT. The reason people no longer help is because of legal issues. In China, a lot of people that try to be good samaritans end up being the ones sued! It actually happens quite often in the US too. Some states had to pass a "Good Samaritan" law in order to protect people taht stop to aid an ailing individual. Many times moving a person that is injured may result in further injury and people WILL sue for exasparating the issue. To alleviate that, some states passed the good samaritan law to protect them from the law suits because sometimes people genuinely need aid. In China the legal system is not as developed, and many times the good samaritan gets blaimed because they don't have evidence it wasn't them that cause it or etc and the "victim" just wants compensation of some kind so ends up suing the good samaritan.

Wow, he portrayed it as a cultural issue, not a racial one.  I think it's far more racist to say that their legal system is "not as developed" when in fact it is just developed differently from your own.  Straight-up ethnocentrism right there.  In fact, China is a much older country than the United States, so one could argue that their legal system is more developed than yours.
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 11:45am

On March 13, 1964, Kitty Genovese was murdered in Queens, N.Y. An article describing that 38 people ignored her screams during the attack generated a national scandal and prompted psychological studies on the behavior of bystanders. Reports of the number of people have been changed since the original report, but yeah, I'm gonna guess that this happens in many different countries. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese

Its not fun unless its sketchy
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 12:36pm
To many damn people in the world.  Now the insurance companies are gonna have to pay for the damage to vehicles from people jumping out in front of people.  Hunting licenses kinda works for deer.  We need to start having raiding parties for a small time during the fall, where everyone can wear orange to not shoot other hunters.  In a couple years we can get the number of people down to manageable numbers again. 
stevo05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by kirium81

On March 13, 1964, Kitty Genovese was murdered in Queens, N.Y. An article describing that 38 people ignored her screams during the attack generated a national scandal and prompted psychological studies on the behavior of bystanders. Reports of the number of people have been changed since the original report, but yeah, I'm gonna guess that this happens in many different countries. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese

Thanks for the link. My friend mentioned this case today but I was not familiar with it. 

Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 1:11pm
I heard one of the driver was caught but the other turned himself in and about the girl dying is a hoax, she is still alive but in critical condition.  It's sickening that they just ran her over like it was nothing.  Although I wonder why a 2 year old was walking in the middle of the street by herself...poor girl didn't even see what hit her because she was looking towards her backside.  
neojester22 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 1:26pm
update: both drivers have been arrested

It's kind of refreshing that this crowd can have such a mature discussion on this topic. Thanks for all the historical references and links.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 1:39pm
Also, the trash lady who helped the girl was given rewarded with about $1450 USD and a stable job at a company in order to encourage more acts like this.  The people who saw and did nothing claimed that they didn't see a thing and would have helped if they did, yeah right...*rolls eyes*

I also read the reason for the bystander effect is because in China if you help somebody they you have to pay the bill and you're the one who did the crime, otherwise you wouldn't have helped like in the case of the lady who fell down the stairs.  A good Samaritan helped her, so she claimed he pushed her down and won the case, he should of pushed her down for reals.  LOL
bonkfisher5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Stepchild Chi Borg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 1:50pm
Crushing the whistler bike park! Check it out! http://www.pinkbike.com/video/215809/
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by fishkur

Originally posted by LegalBoarding

Wow, he portrayed it as a cultural issue, not a racial one.  I think it's far more racist to say that their legal system is "not as developed" when in fact it is just developed differently from your own.  Straight-up ethnocentrism right there.  In fact, China is a much older country than the United States, so one could argue that their legal system is more developed than yours.

Actually you are far from correct. Just to let you know, I am a Chinese American who studied both cultures and legal systems. Asian cultures implies the Asian people, it becomes a racial/cultural issue. 

Their legal system is not as developed as they only RECENTLY in the last 50 years created a real judicial system in a RELATIVELY NEW GOVERNMENT. LEARN YOUR HISTORY before you try to call someone ethnocentric! The country itself has been around, but the government has not. Their legal system has a even shorter history and has only recently been revived and recreated with new laws and format. After the Communists took over they had a very shawdy militaristic tribunal system and only in the 1990s did they adopt a more modernistic legal approach to the law based on a Western system with a taste of Eastern Communism. Prior to this current Judicial system, their judicial system was in shambles due to the various revolutions and change from Imperial judicial system that was basically removed as of 1910. If you look at their legal system, they are actually moving more towards laws and etc that are similar to the US and other "legally developed" countries like England. They have been hiring many Western lawyers to advise them on how to structure/restructure their system, especially in the business atmosphere. If you'd like to debate the history and issue i'll gladly do so. Before you try to "Correct" a statement, learn a little about the history of it the issue. 

BTW this is this is the stuff I study as it's a hobby of mine and I love both countries. 
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I heard one of the driver was caught but the other turned himself in and about the girl dying is a hoax, she is still alive but in critical condition.  It's sickening that they just ran her over like it was nothing.  Although I wonder why a 2 year old was walking in the middle of the street by herself...poor girl didn't even see what hit her because she was looking towards her backside.  

according to the news, it was over 10min before the mother came to look for the child, so l would have to say its the mothers fault too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>