Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 7 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 400,075 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Blue Mountain, PA

Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
vchang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote vchang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Mountain, PA
    Posted: Dec/28/2011 at 4:50am
How are the conditions?
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2011 at 4:54am
Better than i thought, and at least the bottom of the mountain is open now.
vchang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote vchang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2011 at 4:55am
I'm thinking about making a trip out there on the 2nd. 
JESSICRAZIE View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JESSICRAZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2011 at 1:52pm
The entire mountain isn't open yet, but they have been blowing snow every chance they can. They do have some top to bottom trails open, but just a few. I've gone twice already. On Monday I went, and it was packed. Conditions were okay, hard packed and icy in some spots, and soft and almost powdery in others. Tuesday, I got an update that they opened 7 more trails and 2 more lifts...so I'm guessing things are getting better. 

Hope you have a good time, and give an update of conditions after you go! I'll be up at Hunter on the 2nd and 3rd. But should be back riding at Blue soon. 
mollicap16 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2011 at 7:47am
I havent been there yet this year but i go every year and its a hit or miss with the lines. I would go and check out the lift lines before you even buy a ticket cause you can buy an all day pass and go down the mountain only 5 times if the lines are huge. The runs and parks are nice but the lines are absolutely ridiculous. Not a big fan of blue mountain i would rather go to jfbb only because i hate the lines at blue
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2011 at 4:06am
yeah the lines there can get real crazy.  At times it takes 20 mins just to get on the lift.  thats why we usually avoid the weekends and try to go during the weekdays. 
vchang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote vchang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2011 at 4:13am
Which parks are actually open and rideable?
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2011 at 4:17am
last time i was there was about 2 weeks ago and the only park that was open was the come around park. terrain run park was closed.  
vchang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote vchang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2011 at 4:19am
Was it groomed? I hate landing in ice after jumps...
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2011 at 4:21am
Isn't bad, could be alot better especially since we haven't gotten any snow since october.  what kind of gear are you rocking with?
vchang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote vchang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2011 at 4:25am
Just got a NS Revolver. Landing jumps is much easier when there's camber on the board. What about you?
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2011 at 4:31am
nice good stuff man. im rocking with a park pickle which i completely love. 
panther33 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote panther33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2011 at 8:21am
I'm heading up in late January hopefully we can get some real pow by then
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2012 at 4:16pm
Just came back from Blue today and the conditions were really bad.  Lazy mile was really icy and i only rode it once.  The best trail was actually paradise since they were blowing snow all day.  Conditions today were very icy today and hopefully we get some good pow sometime soon. 
GoingPro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
First pic

Quote GoingPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2012 at 9:40am
Ive been to blue three times so far this year, just night riding. the bottom terrian park was open (not central park with the street features) as of the 11th, i dont remember there ever not being ice at the landing of a jump even from last year but im prolly wrong about that. however if you learned at blue, you should be fine with the occasional ice patch considering the whole mt is ice in the beginning. Lazy mile was sick when i went, good amt of powderish snow and the longest run they had open. i went to jfbb a week before and thats the only mt around here i get cold at cause the trails are so dam small, not enough run to warm you up.
mollicap16 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 11:08am
Im thinking about going to blue mountain this weekend. Im hopeing the conditions are nice and theres no ice(thats a long shot) and fast lines (wishful thinking). Ill let you know how it is when i get back.
Nate042 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nate042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 12:48pm
Snow was great last weekend and should be good again this weekend. As long as you get there for opening it will be good early on. And its a weekend so you know its going to be crowded.
Gno View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Gno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2012 at 5:32pm
Should be some accum. tommorrow, whos gonna be in the building?!
Nate042 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nate042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2012 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Gno

Should be some accum. tommorrow, whos gonna be in the building?!

Rode last night and this morning. Two good days of riding. Morning was great for the first couple hours until all the powder got chopped up. Glad they didn't groom the powder like other years.
ddubs View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ddubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2012 at 11:01am
It's really not at its best as it was. I mean we haven't gotten really any snow lately which is the reason. They don't have all there black diamonds open. I went last week
Nate042 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nate042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2012 at 12:17pm
They had all their black diamonds open as of Monday. Only trails not open now are Switchback which will probably open tomorrow and Sidewinder which should be soon. They were grooming the lower section today but the jump line section needs some more snow.
Gno View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Gno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2012 at 7:04am
Yeah it was cool yesterday, got there @ 11, broke out around 3ish. powder was somewhat tracked out by the time i got there but had a good time....@ around 2'clock the fresh was washed and the exposed ice was SERIOUS! ....I think they opened SwitchBack today
vchang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote vchang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 1:33pm
Was just at BM yesterday. I'd say 95% of the mountain is open? I only saw one section that was closed, the bottom of paradise. Also, they seem to have 2 new trails that weren't there last year.
tmill27 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Now that's Riding a wall

Quote tmill27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 1:55pm
i work up there on park crew and built all features last week spent all night bulding that shiiiz. the cannon ... we made love to that hope you guys like it. the conditions kinda blow. You need to get up there around 9;30 am if you want the prime for blue before all the gayppers tear it up wanna know anything else?
Nate042 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nate042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 2:00pm
Any plans on changing up Sidewinder throughout the year or just sticking with this build? Tough season for sure but atleast the parks up now. Glad to see that picnic table box and all those other circus features gone.
tmill27 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Now that's Riding a wall

Quote tmill27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 2:07pm
hahah ya not many Circus features but be careful on that tier it is sticky as a mother did a cab 3 and tapped the tier stuck to it almost face planted to death. as far as i know for now it is staying the same, but once snow melts we will probably redo some rails. the jump line is pretty sick though. we have a redbull wall that we are trying to figure out where to put that is gonna be sick as well. the wall ride that is up ther3e now is kinda sketchy the lip is a foot away from the wall ......   
chrisc75 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote chrisc75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 2:09pm
ya not a fan of the wall ride setup right now
tmill27 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Now that's Riding a wall

Quote tmill27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 2:16pm
ya ... we need to fix that, ill see what i can do tomorrow. and some of the rails are pretty advance. really step down flat downs with gnrawl kinks, so watch yourself. haha
Nate042 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nate042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 2:22pm
The wall ride was pretty much a ride on yesterday but Saturday was def not like that. Any chance of getting a lip to the right of the wall to hit it if you get what Im saying? To air or spin before hitting the wall.
tmill27 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Now that's Riding a wall

Quote tmill27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 2:27pm
i wish we could, but if you take notice to what is behind the wall ... death by trees for the gayappers that fly over and dont know what there doing. we want to do something like that and probably will once we put the redbull wall out need to see if i have a pic of it, we made it and it is pretty sick just wish it was a little bigger.
Nate042 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nate042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 2:31pm
Sounds good, something like a jump/hip onto that redbull wall would be awesome. As long as its set up somewhat different than the other one.
tmill27 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Now that's Riding a wall

Quote tmill27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2012 at 2:48pm
hmm wont let me upload the redbull wall on the post just have to put it in my profile
vchang View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote vchang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2012 at 11:11am
Saw someone face plant on that wall on Sunday... just watching it was painful.
iauwda View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iauwda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 12:26pm
Anyone know how the conditions are at blue? Thinking about doing some night boarding on Monday.
mave129 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mave129 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 2:19pm
I went to blue yesterday and the conditions were good.  They were making snow on paradise and burma because of the crappy weather. It did get choppy as the day went on especially at main street
JESSICRAZIE View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JESSICRAZIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2012 at 7:02am
Originally posted by mave129

I went to blue yesterday and the conditions were good.  They were making snow on paradise and burma because of the crappy weather. It did get choppy as the day went on especially at main street

how icy is it? i havent been to blue since the beginning of january, when burma road wasnt even open yet. im hoping to hit it up either this weekend or next. oh, and how is the park set up?
Nate042 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Nate042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2012 at 12:33pm
Not icy at but I usually have been riding earlier in the day. Conditions have been pretty solid considering this winter, Blue is doing the best they can. Park set up is pretty good...terrain run is the same set up. Sidewinder is two down rails, flat rail and flat box, DFD rail and box, three pretty nice jumps(nothing too big), the wall, then after the turn there is the wood wall, a tire, and a slanted big butter box. Next is either a jump or up barrel option, then two more down rails, then FDF rail or battleship box followed lastly by two more down rails. Lots of down rails this year, wish they would put some of the old larger rails back in.
GoingPro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
First pic

Quote GoingPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 5:24am
As long as you make it in the Morning you should have "powder" for as long as ur riding.. unless u commit and stay till 10pm the powder moves from the center and off to the sides, revealing the lovely sheet of ice below. still fun see me on that ice every week.
GoingPro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
First pic

Quote GoingPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2012 at 8:42am
Blue has a really beginner terrain park that just opened at the bottom of paradise which is cool for beginners and for ppl who missed the terrain park option by taking paradise or other diamonds on left. pretty sick wall feature at bottom of "Terrain Run"
Snowboardr13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Snowboardr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2012 at 3:06am
I went like 8 times this year and i have to say that this has been one of their worst years conditions wise but over all it was decent even though i was bumed how late sidewinder park opened
jordanwells View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jordanwells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 8:10am
I just moved to Pittsburgh. Anyone from the Pittsburgh area ride stevens pass?
 Post Reply Post Reply