2013 GEAR THREAD

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 8>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bartleby Badger View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bartleby Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 GEAR THREAD
    Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 10:12am
Originally posted by giftedhands

Pretty sure you can buy the mystery air and the super hero now, if you wanted to.

Pretty sure there's a Super Hero at your house right now LOL
Is badger, is not problem
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 11:24am
Some yes boards

Scott Stevens TMTwos

K2 Turbodream

K2 Fastplant

DC (i thinks its stoopid. very unoriginal)

Danny Davis and gear

chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by not-ewrx

Originally posted by chillman

And does anyone know any thing about that GNU Impossible?  I've wanted a park pickle for a while.  
Haven't heard of it? I you referring to the ass pickle i posted?
That's what I was talking about.  Why do you call it an ass pickle when it says impossible on the board?

That's what the guys on el were calling it. And I thought that was it was legitly called. Maybe i just missed the sarcasm or something.

Edit: yup its the impossible but under impossible it said A**** S****S******  Pickle; hence where people came up with ass pickle 
(stars since i couldn't read it.)
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 11:44am

Union

Dear Doug,

It would be great if you could walk around the SIA show again for the Giveaway and give us live feeds of all the product.  That was a pretty unique experience last year.  Please do it again!

Love,
Your Loyal TruSnow Members
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 3:25pm

The new skate banana looks sick. 
what!!?? this is such a big improvement over this year's graphic. got any idea of its tech? or is it still the same? flex? i might have to sell my 2011 to make way for this
bamorgan7 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bamorgan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 4:32pm
That ultrafear looks good, but I want to know if union is coming out with another ultrafear binding.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 5:15pm
agree that the banana looks amazing. would definetly pick it up if l didnt pick up this yr's custom already 
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by wildfire

The new goggle is the M1.

reminds me of a combination of the io and the crowbar together in design, and the quick release is really quick
mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 5:37pm
It looks sweet but i bet those lenses are gonna be super spendy too.  The anon lenses are already pretty steep.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 5:39pm
finally Mervin changes that stripe pattern design after 4 seasons about time they add a actual picture graphic like the pro series
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by mbesp

It looks sweet but i bet those lenses are gonna be super spendy too.  The anon lenses are already pretty steep.

probably, but then again, all those quick release system right now is like 150+ anyways
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by bootleg

finally Mervin changes that stripe pattern design after 4 seasons about time they add a actual picture graphic like the pro series

I still wish I had my original banana graphic one.  Or the rotten banana.  Those where the best to date.

My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2012 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by winn

Originally posted by mbesp

probably, but then again, all those quick release system right now is like 150+ anyways

l dont believe it will be more expensive than the airbrake. at least l sure hope os
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 12:26am
holy crap, those bananas are pretty sexy...
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 1:28am
http://business.transworld.net/80925/snow/201213-snowboard-preview-and-market-report/

Amazingly EVERYONE (except lamar who have learned from their mistakes) are building to pre orders! Its just all the other brands that are screwing it up by overproducing and flooding the market. 

Oh, and everyone is seeing unbeleiveable growth that they find it hard to keep up with or have to completely remodel their operation around. 

And they also ALL are working with the best factories! Hands down! Remarkable! There must be just the one plant in the world i guess. 

Other trends to note - a-environmental realism. Women are emerging as serious punters and DEFINITELY next year (2014) theyll start delivering on this! 

Its a fascinating insight into the world of snowboarding hype. :) 
m00m
vanoot View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Just some urban rodeo fun

Quote vanoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 5:11am
Wonder if anything on the Banana has actually changed besides pretty paint...
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 6:01am
Originally posted by vanoot

All Lib Tech boards come with 300% more hype this year. It's unbelievable they can cram even more into each board.
vandi518 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote vandi518 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 6:18am
^^^
I've never ridden one personally, but they must make great decks or their marketing hype machine is run by a former Apple employee because the number of Lib boards I have seen at my home hill this year is unreal.
JAMM0N View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SKEET SKEET

Quote JAMM0N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 7:48am
libtech has great boards.

i never got to demo one but i hear great things about them.

all boards have hype but really you just gotta ride and feel it under to call it a great board if you been boarding for years.

me i probably wont even notice the difference
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 7:51am
Originally posted by VermontRider

Originally posted by vanoot

All Lib Tech boards come with 300% more hype this year. It's unbelievable they can cram even more into each board.

Ha, I'm really trying hard to not repost that hitler/skate banana video. Seriously though, I don't think anything has changed on it beyond the graphic. In fairness, why would they though. It's not like they're having trouble moving the product.
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 9:21am
Why mess with a good thing?  What would you change?
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 2:05pm

new company called zion if anyone wants to check it out
jgoodwin View Drop Down
Local
Local
The landing, uhm. yea

Quote jgoodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 2:16pm
Those new goggles at first glance looked coo, the M1... but i dnt know if i want them to be able to flip up. Doesn't seem like a need to me.
2010 Ride Yukon - 2010 Sierra Stunt - 2010 Cartels - 2010 Antennas
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 2:18pm

Why mess with a good thing?  What would you change?

no change= no improvements. cvant be just satisfy with what you have
soxfan47104 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote soxfan47104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 2:33pm
those m1s are so sick but i dont really see why you would need the lens to come out so fast its easy enough already
jgoodwin View Drop Down
Local
Local
The landing, uhm. yea

Quote jgoodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 2:39pm
i mean you will have on gloves which will make it difficult to lift the lens
jgoodwin View Drop Down
Local
Local
The landing, uhm. yea

Quote jgoodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 2:41pm
i admit i didnt watch the video until now, so i guess they do not stay flipped like a visor and it is to switch out the lens. ok better.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 2:50pm
from what l can see, l think it is a flip like a visor, probably held by a clip and looks like some magnet on the bottom 
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 5:23pm
Man, I'd bail and that lens would get so shtooked up.  It'd probably go flipping off at high speeds too. 
asd2009 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote asd2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 6:25pm
i really really hope the zion board is a joke
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 6:42pm
no, it's real...but I agree, that docksider graphic is laaame.  They should have stuck with this years faux woodgrain base on the Z1, but most of their other graphics look childish or effeminate to me.  Plus, their smiley face logo has already been done by another company recently...Wink
mrwookie View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote mrwookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 1:24pm
Can't wait for new Union bindings! but what really has me interested is definitely the Rome board with the hammerhead shape- curious to see how it rides or what benefits you get from the shape
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 1:59pm
m00m
mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by ippollite

Haha so... good luck getting one.
ConDominantOne View Drop Down
Local
Local
Con

Quote ConDominantOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by jenni

A buddy of mine is a part owner of zion. I have the Whoa! Man and it's shtooking great!
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by ConDominantOne

Originally posted by jenni

A buddy of mine is a part owner of zion. I have the Whoa! Man and it's shtooking great!

here is another one they just posted via their facebook page
jenni View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Piranha

no, it's real...but I agree, that docksider graphic is laaame.  They should have stuck with this years faux woodgrain base on the Z1, but most of their other graphics look childish or effeminate to me.  Plus, their smiley face logo has already been done by another company recently...Wink

tru that, but since they are still new, l would give them some time to work these graphical stuff out to figure nobody likes them
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2012 at 8:38am
I like the zion graphics.

Capita and Union

chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2012 at 8:43am
Dangg i didn't know if i deleted pics of photobucket they wouldn't show here. Sorry guys. If theres any you want to see that i deleted i could fine them for you.

Nug topsheet. Base is on first page. Its random famous guys who looked stoned. This is clint eastwood. Theres a george washington one too.

chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 1:30pm
JONES

Lib Tech Lando

Lib Phoneix Jamie Lynn and Skunk ape

Lib Dark Series

EasyLivin

Electric

Capita
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 1:38pm
Link to lots of burton and other stuff not pictured http://www.fluofun.com/news/18161-preview-snowboard-2013.html
Burton Binders

Smith I/OX
Burton Joystick

Nitro Rook and Swindle

mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 5:08pm

Capita

Where can i find a bigger pic of this?
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 5:16pm
^http://www.zuzupopo.com/xe/index.php?mid=catalog&category=48564

then find it for capita
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by jgoodwin

Those new goggles at first glance looked coo, the M1... but i dnt know if i want them to be able to flip up. Doesn't seem like a need to me.

makes me think that a yard sale is going to include your goggle lens now too. I'd have to see this thing in person to see how sturdy it is.
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by coolz

then find it for capita

I failed hard at finding it.  To small and in Japanese.
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 12:41pm

Originally posted by coolz

then find it for capita

I failed hard at finding it.  To small and in Japanese.

Capita catalog not on zuzu. I got in from an "insider" and resized it sorry. The full size dosen't show it much better. Also in the upper right corner of zuzu you can change the language.
mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 12:48pm

Capita catalog not on zuzu. I got in from an "insider" and resized it sorry. The full size dosen't show it much better. Also in the upper right corner of zuzu you can change the language.

Gonna say i did my best to look on there though i failed to see the language options haha.
Post the fullsize one its gotta be a little better, maybe.
JandJBlks2k View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JandJBlks2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 12:54pm
The Burton Joystick design looked like YES'! "big city"
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 1:10pm
the rome hammerhead reminds me of the bert lamar freestyle board from the early 90's
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2012 at 5:50pm
rome sent me another syndicate board.. i didn't know it was coming and i didn't know i was still on syndicate hah.

2013 "butterknife" proto 155.  it's supposed to be a more basic park-type board with a cool profile and shape.  basically it's flat through the whole board but the edges after the inserts kinda spoon up.  looking down the edge, it looks like really mellow flatkick like capita, but in the middle of the board it stays pretty much flat.  basically a flat board with convex nose and tail?  it's their "no hang-ups" profile that is only on a kid's board this year.  flex is rated on the soft side but it does not feel like a noodle at all.  it has less give than my cambered capita outdoor and actually feels around close to as much "give" as my bsod (for anyone not familiar with the new bsod, it's really not a stiff board anymore, i'd say capita's 6/10 rating is fair)

anyway...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>