Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Facelift Concepts
    Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 5:58pm
I bought a snowboard graphic for my board over a year ago.  Went through the process of applying it extremely carefully and after it was done I was happy with it.  After using it once on the slopes it started chipping and ripping off in chunks and looked like total crap.  I've tried contacting them and sent them pictures and now get no response.  Not to mention the fact that it took over three times as long to get it in the mail than what they stated on their website.  They say customer satisfaction guaranteed and yet it seems like they're just a bunch of college guys in a dorm room trying to run a business while partying and not doing much else.  

Has anyone else had experience with the graphics or company?
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 5:58pm
nt
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:07pm
You have any pictures or a link to a website?  Are you talking about stickers?  
My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:16pm
http://www.faceliftconcepts.com/

Give me a minute and I'll post some pictures
casper3043 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:18pm
is your board that ugly to have to cover it up?
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:19pm
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:23pm
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:24pm
 I have never heard of anyone doing this. What is it?  A big vinyl sticker?  Calling it a 'graphic' is super vague. ...    And what company and website, etc....  ????

Also, U need to realized anything U put on your board is going to rip, get scratched, or come off when riding.  Stickers, stomp pads, graphics...  Your board is going to chip, it's going to get scratched, stuff will happen to it.  U can't reasonably think your board is going to look new forever!  After 5 days (max) it's going to start showing signs of use. 
  Ride the dang thing and have fun!!!!!! 
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:24pm
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:26pm
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:26pm
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:27pm
Looks like a big ol' sticker and the first pic looks like the edging was cut crooked...kinda like phone stickers when you have to trim just a bit then OOPS crooked cut.

Speaking of, there's quite a few of those stickers that are exactly like some phone backgrounds I have. LOL
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:27pm
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:30pm
I see you were going for a woodgrain look, which is commendable, but I see the Facelift basically hanging off the board's edge.  You probably should've beveled off the edge with a file, right after it was applied, to help deter chipping...looks like you did it wrong.

you can either file it now and live with it or buy a new graphic/sheet and start over, but I don't think you have a warranty case because of the poor application...sorry.

and MikeD is right, a vinyl sticker is never going to be as strong as the original topsheet (and even those get chipped off at the edges)
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by casper3043

If I want to chance what is on it cheaper than buying a new board why not?  What does it matter what I put on my board?  

And yes, it is essentially a sticker.

Here is their guarantee right from the site (my problem is that it chipped after 1 day and they are saying it should last 2 years):

Facelift Concepts provides a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.  Our product is designed to be applied to the carefully cleaned surface of your board. We have taken every step to ensure the durability of your Facelift™ and have tested it in many conditions.  

We warrant our product against failure caused by ultraviolet light, moisture, temperature extremes, pollution and other elements for a period of 2 years.

The buyer understands that the nature of snowboarding subjects the Facelift™ to a variety of hazards including but not limited to nicks, cuts and tears. With reasonable care, your Facelift™ should last several seasons. Slight nicks around the edges should be expected.

If the applications instructions are followed correctly and the adhesive fails or if for any reason you are not satisfied please contact us help@faceliftconcepts.com.

Will the Facelift protect my board?

Yes, the heavy duty laminate will protect your board and the Facelift graphic. It will protect against lift line scuffs and scratches. Also very importantly it will protect your board against very damaging binding marks that go quietly unnoticed until you remove the bindings and reveal the damage.

**It also protects your investment, by allowing you to identify it in a crowd, which will decrease the chance of theft.
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by peter8d9

Baaaaahahahaha!!! Seriously!?!?! 
Take a look at other ppls boards in the lift line closely sometime.  About 90% of the boards will have something like that or worse in multiple spots!  Again..  things happen to boards when U ride them.  Esp around the edges!  That is minimal cosmetic damage at best!  Just ride that board and have fun!!!
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:38pm
The buyer understands that the nature of snowboarding subjects the Facelift™ to a variety of hazards including but not limited to nicks, cuts and tears

Um, hello?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:38pm

Originally posted by casper3043

If I want to chance what is on it cheaper than buying a new board why not?  What does it matter what I put on my board?  

And yes, it is essentially a sticker.

Here is their guarantee right from the site (my problem is that it chipped after 1 day and they are saying it should last 2 years):

Facelift Concepts provides a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.  Our product is designed to be applied to the carefully cleaned surface of your board. We have taken every step to ensure the durability of your Facelift™ and have tested it in many conditions.  

We warrant our product against failure caused by ultraviolet light, moisture, temperature extremes, pollution and other elements for a period of 2 years.

The buyer understands that the nature of snowboarding subjects the Facelift™ to a variety of hazards including but not limited to nicks, cuts and tears. With reasonable care, your Facelift™ should last several seasons. Slight nicks around the edges should be expected.

If the applications instructions are followed correctly and the adhesive fails or if for any reason you are not satisfied please contact us help@faceliftconcepts.com.

Yes, the heavy duty laminate will protect your board and the Facelift graphic. It will protect against lift line scuffs and scratches. Also very importantly it will protect your board against very damaging binding marks that go quietly unnoticed until you remove the bindings and reveal the damage.

**It also protects your investment, by allowing you to identify it in a crowd, which will decrease the chance of theft.

It says so right there in the guarantee that slight nicks are expected.  The pictures you posted up tells me that those are slight nicks. 

It's expected when you ride and you hit stuff even though you think you didn't. 
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:47pm

Sorry mate, but there is just too much fail in this post alone for me to be quiet.

Sure it will protect the original top sheet from scratches, but the vinyl is going to get scuffed, and if you are that worried about scuff's, you are going to have to re-apply a new vinyl about every 5 days.

Vinyl is also not as durable as the original top sheet...it can get brittle in the cold, thus causing most of the "chipping" you are having along the edges.
While I don't have to have the most up to date tech, or the lightest board on the market, I am pretty sure I wouldn't want to add the weight of a full sheet of vinyl. Judging from the photos that is some pretty thick gauge stuff..which isn't the lightest.

I don't know about you all out there, but I have never had "binding damage" so bad that it destroyed the top sheet and exposing the core...which would be the only way this "binding damage" would effect your board.

As for "protecting your investment" by putting a huge ass vinyl on it...this just doesn't make sense. What you are saying is you will be able to see your board better with the vinyl? That means you would have to pretty much be constantly watching your board. In that case the vinyl just doesn't matter. If you are that worried about your board being snagged (in this case I wouldn't) just get a lock. They are pretty cheap. Probably less than you paid for the vinyl.

To answer your original questions....no. No way they are going to cover this for you and send you a new free one.

Oh, and just get out there and ride...and stop worrying about how the board looks. Start complaining when you get a true de-lam, or some core shots.   
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:52pm
...or complain when you see bmw's avatar EVERYWHERE. Snow dance is good, yes, but it's still eye shock dear.   
chips2853 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:55pm
if you pursue them replacing it for free, its honestly like trying to stay dry while pissing in the wind.  aint gonna do anything other than blow back on ya man.  Rip it off and slap some die cuts on and ride your heart out.  Id choose die cuts over one solid top sheet any day.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 6:59pm
Because I'm an ass with an "ugly" avatar and this band is amazing...and slightly relevant. And don't complain too much mommehk, that isn't the worst I can do.

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 7:02pm
Hey wait bmw, wrong thread! hahah How long has it been since your last music offerings? I've been buried under 167hrs of work already this month.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by mommehK

Hey wait bmw, wrong thread! hahah How long has it been since your last music offerings? I've been buried under 167hrs of work already this month.

It's been a bit. Maybe I will have an offering tomorrow.

Oh, and not wrong thread, there was talk about pissing in the wind= or > than worrying about not getting a scratch on your board. Seems a lot of people now a days will spend a lot of energy on not getting scratches on their deck. Don't get me wrong, I am not the biggest fan when my 09 skunk ape (best graphic IMO to date) gets a new ding or scratch on it...but it comes with the territory. Worry more about perfecting linking turns, or nailing that new trick...than, well.....you get the point.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 7:16pm
hehehe yeah I'm just bustin' chops left and right tonight. You should do a Coachella-each-day-themed offering.

...and as much as it sucks taking a ding on something with so much $$$ invested, it's expected, because it isn't being used on fluffy clouds and pillows and foam packing noodles.
nots0kind View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
wattup box

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2012 at 8:18pm
too funny you should see me board.. you'd hate to ride it... if u think thats bad... and im pretty sure i was landing some pretty gnarly grabs today on the ugly nicked scratched dinged beat up old board.. i also won todays rae on the very same beat up board.. 02 burton canyon gotta love it
peter8d9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2012 at 9:34am
One day, that is what I have a problem with.  I understand boards get beat up and I have no problem with that.  I have an issue with it not lasting one day and the fact that they never responded.  I was asking if anyone else had any experience with the company.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2012 at 10:45am
Based on the responses, I don't think anyone else has had experiences with this company. It sucks that their customer services is crappy, but they clearly state that they aren't responsible for the normal wear and tear from snowboarding. If you like the graphic, leave it on and deal with your board not being immaculate. If it bothers you that much, take it off. It is just a snowboard. There are plenty of ugly snowboards on the hill. Nobody will notice yours, seriously.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
sleeepili View Drop Down
Local
Local
catching air at bear

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2012 at 9:02pm
regardless of whether or not the OP is "in the right" to make a warranty claim, the company should still respond to the customer in a timely fashion. ignoring inquiries is not compliant with providing customer satisfaction 
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 1:43am
Originally posted by sleeepili

regardless of whether or not the OP is "in the right" to make a warranty claim, the company should still respond to the customer in a timely fashion. ignoring inquiries is not compliant with providing customer satisfaction 

I agree.... I personally doubt that the would warranty normal wear and tear, but not to return contact with the OP is just sucky. 
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 2:54am
You paid $49.95 for this?  I would be pissed off, too... pissed off that I pissed away $50 on a stupid giant sticker.

derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 3:13am
but for 50 bux you could have yourself an original wannabe capita......

OOOORRRRR if you really wanted to piss off a few people.....
(eagle and a few inappropriately placed-together "F"s)

Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 3:37am
I really don't understand covering your board with what is essentially wallpaper.  Like everyone else has said, it's a sticker.  Stickers aren't teflon.  If you don't like the graphic, get a new board.  It really should be more about riding than looks to me, but that's just my opinion.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 3:45am
Originally posted by derbytownjoe

(eagle and a few unappropriately placed-together "F"s

The skull graphic is very unique, I have never seen anything like that on a snowboard before yet it seems familiar....

BTW, I'm thinking about buying this Capita board, whatchu think?

The F swastika is wrong on so many levels, I can't believe they are producing this atrocity.
wildfire View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 7:26am
Originally posted by ctoma

Originally posted by derbytownjoe

(eagle and a few unappropriately placed-together "F"s

The skull graphic is very unique, I have never seen anything like that on a snowboard before yet it seems familiar....
BTW, I'm thinking about buying this Capita board, whatchu think?
The F swastika is wrong on so many levels, I can't believe they are producing this atrocity.

Buy the Capita after you sell your Sierra Bluebird. I like the design on the capita more and I was considering buying it as well. But I will wait till they have a sale before I pull the trigger.
nibblez View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 7:44am

LOL@swastika

"It also protects your investment, by allowing you to identify it in a crowd, which will decrease the chance of theft". Doesn't it decrease the value of the board by -200 though? Maybe even rip/break or crack on a really flex/soft board?

CAPnCRUNCH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 8:16am
Yea that swastika is so wrong.  What were they thinking when they designed this.
If you don't like the graphics on your board you should of just bought some giant stickers of some brands you like and covered it like that.

Oh well, lesson learned I guess.
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 8:42am
hmm, wallpaper...jk

idk, seems like the sticker should be removable; like a die cut.  Is there any way to remove it, without making a giant mess of the topsheet below?
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2012 at 8:50am
those damages are normal, but if it took at long to ship to you in the first place I would already be thinking customer service is poor in this company
 Post Reply Post Reply