Snowboarding on TV and on-line

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowboarding on TV and on-line
    Posted: Mar/31/2012 at 11:49am
They showed the contest in Chicago, it was amazing what a cool idea.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2012 at 1:43pm
Fuel tv is supposed to be broadcasting the Ride Shakedown in a few minutes here (EST), not finding anything on their site about a stream or even if it's on Fuel tonight though.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2012 at 8:22am
Haven't found shakedown yet.  I even posted on Ride and the RideShakedown facebook pages and all they had was highligts on the videotron:

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
k-brew View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2012 at 10:45am
Know if any snowboard videos are on netflix?
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2012 at 10:58am
Originally posted by k-brew

there were like 2 snowboarding films one of them being a documentary about snowboarding and one actual video, i just remembered it sucked this was like 2 years ago don't know if they added more selections.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2012 at 11:05am
Netflix has (d?) the powder and rails series, which is pretty cool, but that's about it.  Every freakin' warren chapstick flick ever made seems to be on there, but as we know those don't exactly count as snowboard movies. 

I don't think netflix even has Out Cold or Shred. 

Yeah Meaty, all I found was highlight clips.  There was the one site I found in Canada (can't remember the name off hand) they had last years Shakedown and a 10 year special about it (all in French though, which as a lazy american I don't know).
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2012 at 5:07am
Looked for anything called powder on netflix streaming and came up with nothing.  but yeah, tons of warren miller flix.  I wish I could sort by date...some of the older ones are a trip!

Almost forgot...Push.ca posted on their facebook page that they have exlusive video from ride shakedown at this site but I havn't had a chance to look yet:

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2012 at 12:15pm
So netflix took down powder and rails huh?  That's a bummer.  It was a cool series about the history of snowboarding.  It focused on certain riders (like Brushie, Farmer, etc.).  It was pretty cool taking a trip back to the early days and even into the 90's.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2012 at 7:46am
Were those on instant streaming or delivered to your house?  We switched to instant only so now when I search, it doesn't show the ones you can get shipped to your house.

red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2012 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by k-brew

The documentary that is on there is not half bad
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2012 at 6:00am
Come to think of it...all the Warren Miller flicks I watched were on Netflix, but I don't see them anymore either.  Maybe I had DVRed them on some other channel that was running a bunch of them.  

Anyway, someone said they were going to re-run supernatural but I don't see any info on that.  Anyone else heard?  
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by MrMeaty

Anyway, someone said they were going to re-run supernatural but I don't see any info on that.  Anyone else heard?  
I'm calling BS on that because from now on specific schedule days NBC is going to broadcast new competitions from their red bull signature series on NBC/NBC sports channel from now until through late December. it's ranges from a variety of different sports involving from skiing,ice skate racing to motoX. I doubt there will be an encore of the contest,although i'm still looking for a digital download for supernatural or just when ever redbull decides to produce a dvd.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2012 at 5:54am
i would hope they produce an actual series of the contests. but i would prefer the unedited versions. the us open for surfing and supernatural would be great to watch in its entirety.

and i doubt theyll replay it as well. nbc isnt like mtv where they replay everything. nbc's airtime is valuable and booked. theres a reason supernatural was saturday morning as opposed to saturday night like the x-games.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2012 at 10:42am
It's actually being rebroadcast many times, but only on the NBC Sports Network, which is not regular broadcast.  
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2012 at 11:02am
Damn the nbc sports network.  I don't have that channel. 

Has anyone seen it online anywhere yet?  I haven't seen it on redbulls site.  Is it on itunes maybe?
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2012 at 11:06am

It's actually being rebroadcast many times, but only on the NBC Sports Network, which is not regular broadcast.  

I haz no cable Cry

Why can't redbull put it up on their site yet?!
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by snowj720

Damn the nbc sports network. I don't have that channel.

Has anyone seen it online anywhere yet? I haven't seen it on redbulls site. Is it on itunes maybe?
I don't even have that channel on cable or even find it on direct tv, I've seen one tvrip for the supernatural but it was a NFO page from a private server ,no success at all.Nothing from itunes yet or the site itself major let down.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2012 at 10:36am
Have you guys been watching the Nike Chosen Sessions?
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by bootleg

Damn the nbc sports network. I don't have that channel.

Has anyone seen it online anywhere yet? I haven't seen it on redbulls site. Is it on itunes maybe?
I don't even have that channel on cable or even find it on direct tv, I've seen one tvrip for the supernatural but it was a NFO page from a private server ,no success at all.Nothing from itunes yet or the site itself major let down.

Yeah, our cable doesn't have it either.  Well, our old provider.  I've got antenna tv, I totally get boned.  Worse about that supernatural is that the market 40 miles south of me had it, our nbc is lame and likes to put on snuggie commercials instead.  I can pick up all the stations in that market south of me except nbc (which broadcasts from right in between the other stations).  Bought a new antenna thinking I'd get it, but NOOOOO.

Yeah hana redbull needs to put it up asap.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2012 at 12:56pm
I'm assuming all these channels are cable. I rarely watch tv cuz mostly everything is online now. saves me money not buying cable tv and a tv screen
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2012 at 1:20pm
im actually thinking of changing the title of this thread to snowboarding online instead of on tv because when i started it i had cable but now i have bunny ears, netflix and hulu. 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 4:56am
Well...looks like we are in pre-recorded season.
Was looking to see if Fuel.TV had anything and only found the USSA Grand Prix:
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 5:04am
For those of you not watching the other thread, Red Bull finally posted up Supernatural on their site:

http://www.redbullsignatureseries.com/on-demand#ooid=FkdGVlNDp1r_AlI3C6k-IRFq4u4uTedO

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 5:14am
And I finally got to watch it.  It was pretty good.  It wasn't streaming in hd though, not sure if it's them or at my end.  I figure they would have it in full 1080 to show off all those quality camera shots.
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 10:15am
Thanks so much for posting the link Meaty!
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 5:16am
No problem!

And every day between the 15th (last sunday) and the 29th, contour will be releasing a new FULL pov video on their facebook and youtube channels.  Right now they have Gigi's first 3 runs and will post Mark McMorris today.  
They also have runs from Terje, John Jackson, Mark TAndvic and TRice!  

Here's a link to Gigi's first and you can see his second and third in the list to the right of that page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R1nicpVg1A&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=Contour+Customers&utm_campaign=ad3afb2a3c-4_16_2012&utm_medium=email

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 5:26am
Here are Gigi's first 3:

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 11:29am
woo hooooooo WTG Contour!!! POVVVVVVVVV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 12:07pm
I've only watched the first 24 minutes of the whole thing so far, but it's pretty entertaining. Gigi's first run and Nicolas' Mueller's were great. Also really impressed with McMorris for eating it really hard because he's not used to the back country, but still riding!

And thanks for the POV posts. I'm glad they're doing those
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 12:27pm

And I finally got to watch it.  It was pretty good.  It wasn't streaming in hd though, not sure if it's them or at my end.  I figure they would have it in full 1080 to show off all those quality camera shots.

its at your end
the file is 1080p

can try this link also 

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2012 at 7:36am
I guess I forgot to post McMorris's first run in this thread yesterday.  it was SO BAD!  His air time is awesome but he ate it on every landing.  Even says "I think I'm dead" at the end of his first run! 
His second run wasn't as fancy but he was at least able to stick his pow landings.

here ya go:

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 8:38am
Here are 2 POV runs from Terje Haakonsen.  His first run was SO FLOATY!

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by humdingaling

its at your end
the file is 1080p

can try this link also 

I kinda suspected that.  I've been having graphics issues the last little while here.  Yesterday the driver crashed the system 5 times in an hour and a half.   Knock on wood....it's been good so far today.  Might have to watch supernatural again to test it.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 8:24pm
a little series from Erro & friends

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 6:55am
Nice find, bootleg.  Thanks for sharing!

Here are all 3 of John Jackson's POV runs from supernatural:

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2012 at 7:35am
Here are both of Mark Landvik's contour POV runs.  Second was better, even though he falls in both, but I don't know what happened to cause him to fall in his first.  I don't remember seeing that full run when it aired:

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 6:42am
How long before everyone starts hating on TRice like they do with SWhite?

andrethegiant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote andrethegiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 7:55am
fuel tv used to have non stop shredding on, now for some reason it's like all boxing...
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 8:50pm

How long before everyone starts hating on TRice like they do with SWhite?

whenever the day Rice decides to dye his hair ginger and starts being a tool towards his competitors and isolating himself from his fansi'll give that a second thought.Whenever i see Shaun in the media or at events i get this disgruntle vibe from the young man as if he just wants to do his thang and isolate himself with others, not as the genuine energry given off from Trice towards landvik, muller and friends.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 9:05pm
Shawn's hair is dyed?  And he's a tool towards his competitors?  I've never seen that.  
And I've never gotten that disgruntled isolated vibe from him either.  I always see him thanking his fans and signing autographs.  You sure that isn't your preconception of him judging him?  
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 2:29am

Shawn's hair is dyed?  And he's a tool towards his competitors?  I've never seen that.  
And I've never gotten that disgruntled isolated vibe from him either.  I always see him thanking his fans and signing autographs.  You sure that isn't your preconception of him judging him?  

+1,partly anyway...

I dunno if he's a tool toward competitors but he does seem like a pretty intense person during events, that could be read as being a tool at times. Preconceptions get the better everyone at some point or another.
bmxking1311 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote bmxking1311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 5:27am
I used to have fuelTV when I had Verizon Fios, but when I switched over to Comcast, I was really upset. Cause I could watch Danny and the Dingo, Standard Snowboard Show, and plus a whole lot of summer shows that I liked to watch too. But I did get to watch some of the X games this year. I got see Horgmo do his triple cork and I thought it was pretty sweet.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 8:37am
Originally posted by andrethegiant

fuel tv used to have non stop shredding on, now for some reason it's like all boxing...
Hopefully it's just because winter is over.  
But I've been having some good luck finding full short movies of ams online at places like Push.ca and snowboardermag.com.  

Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 9:27am
Originally posted by bmxking1311

I used to have fuelTV when I had Verizon Fios, but when I switched over to Comcast, I was really upset. Cause I could watch Danny and the Dingo, Standard Snowboard Show, and plus a whole lot of summer shows that I liked to watch too. But I did get to watch some of the X games this year. I got see Horgmo do his triple cork and I thought it was pretty sweet.
we don't believe you
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2012 at 10:29am

Shawn's hair is dyed? And he's a tool towards his competitors? I've never seen that.
And I've never gotten that disgruntled isolated vibe from him either. I always see him thanking his fans and signing autographs. You sure that isn't your preconception of him judging him?

it's just my opinion on him , don't get me wrong the guy is a excellent rider and have come a far way to where he is at now,he deserves all the fame and medals but he can a bring grey cloud above him of being overly self-assertive sometimes.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2012 at 12:28pm
Here are the final 3 contour POV from supernatural.  Travic Rice's 3 runs, but his first (winning) run was by far the best:

bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2012 at 1:44pm
John and Eric Jackson busting a road trip from AK to the tip of Chile in this new episode about their adventures...E.J has one wicked ass beard,JJ takes one crazy fall into a tree, new video should be out every tuesdays.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 7:11am
Thanks bootleg.  Looks like this is going to be AMAZING!  
Be sure to post the next episode here.
k-brew View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 12:15pm
man all those videos were awesome and travis rice hitting the camera man in the tree was intentional lol
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 12:26pm
Thanks to koyota93 posting this in the RedBull Supernatural thread!
Originally posted by koyota93

Yes!
Capita DOA
Sandbox Day and Age
One Year

I have Hulu+, hopefully they are also available on normal Hulu for you guys.

I logged off my Hulu+ account and was able to watch all 4 online, so you should not need a Hulu+ account for them.  But all except One Year have the Hulu+ symbol, so if you have an account, those with the Hulu+ symbol can be streamed to your TV through your XBox!

Also found "Sine On" for Hulu+:  http://www.hulu.com/watch/343750/shine-on 
and of course RedBull Supernatural is also now available on Hulu...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>