Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 85>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2014 MLB Season
    Posted: Feb/01/2012 at 9:24am
guess i'll start the "Official" thread, sorry scubasteve.  It's about time this thread got started even if the start of the season is a couple months away.  
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2012 at 9:28am
i dont really think we need a new thread for every sport every season....
MOAR powderz plz!
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BudAshes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by MTpow

i dont really think we need a new thread for every sport every season....

as long as only one is being posted in I don't see the problem.

As for mlb 2012, I predict the Texas Rangers and Florida Marlins in the world series.  And Texas loses it again on there way to becoming the buffalo bills of baseball.  Were about due for another random Marlins world series win I think.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2012 at 1:28pm
they were both definitely busy during the offseason.  texas lost cj wilson though and who knows how good darvish will be.  the superstar marlins might flop like the eagles "dreamteam".
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2012 at 1:28pm
'12 season means mlb the show '12.

<<< happy man.
mollicap16 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2012 at 3:43am
Im exited for the phillies season this year a couple new pick ups includeing juan piere. lets make this year another march down broad street.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2012 at 1:01pm
Rangers with Darvish...can't wait!
scuba32steve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote scuba32steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2012 at 3:41pm
Marlins are gonna go ham but u gotta love the redsox. Phillies should be strong with their amazing pitching rotation again
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2012 at 11:47pm
too bad victor martinez had to get hurt.  the tigers woulda had a sick lineup with him, prince fielder and miguel cabrera.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2012 at 12:12am
^ Tigers would not have gone after Fielder if Martinez was healthy.
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2012 at 3:31am
Originally posted by mollicap16

Im exited for the phillies season this year a couple new pick ups includeing juan piere. lets make this year another march down broad street.
Juan Pierre?  How did they land that gem?  I heard that the Phillies considered going after Pujols, but they wanted to save their cash for a chance at landing Juan Pierre.
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote azngolfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2012 at 8:02am
Angels take the AL.

Crossing my fingers for Giants for NL!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2012 at 8:40am
Josh Hamilton back to his old habits again...I guess when you lose 2 World Series in a row, kinda hard to stay off the bottle..
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2012 at 8:53am
I can't wait to see Michael Pineda in a Yankees uniform.  If his arm doesn't fall off the 2nd half of the season he should have a great year with some offense behind him.

Looks like AJ Burnett could be making 18M to pitch long relief out of the bullpen.  Unreal...
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2012 at 8:59am
Originally posted by lightning80

Josh Hamilton back to his old habits again...I guess when you lose 2 World Series in a row, kinda hard to stay off the bottle..

yea, that's sad to hear.  such a good success story over the last few years from turning his life around.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2012 at 11:16am
I'm picking DET/FLA world series.

And I think Darvish is a bust like Daisuke. Only time will tell i guess.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2012 at 10:24pm
the giants have like...no one from the world series left around (except the pitching staff)

regardless, im still interested to see how everyone's doing, especially posey!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 4:34am
There is a major void in the NL Central... although I still think the Cards are the class, with Wainwright coming back and Beltran providing a little replacement production.  Watch out for those Reds
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 5:19am
Giants win the West with Posey's return!
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 7:16am
Should be interesting to see how the season goes with some big names moving around. Angels and Rangers should be a battle in the West, it's going to be tight to see who gets the Wild Card this year, it might not be guaranteed to go to the AL East like it has been lately.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 7:31am
did anyone see the thing on espn about josh hamilitons relapse. I feel like by them publicising it its only going to make him worse and continue with his addiction and then the texans are going to be out one of the best hitters in baseball.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 1:09pm
aren't they adding an extra wild card this coming season?
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by DCC

Oh yea I forgot about that silly one game playoff thing. According to ESPN it might start this year or next.

Personally I think a one-game playoff is a bad idea, either go with baseball tradition and make it hard as hell to get to the playoffs or do 6 teams and have 2 first-round byes and the first series is 3 games.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 5:56am
Originally posted by broys

Originally posted by DCC

Oh yea I forgot about that silly one game playoff thing. According to ESPN it might start this year or next.

Personally I think a one-game playoff is a bad idea, either go with baseball tradition and make it hard as hell to get to the playoffs or do 6 teams and have 2 first-round byes and the first series is 3 games.

It seems like the extra wild card was added to make sure the Orioles and Blue Jays fans have something to root for.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2012 at 4:50pm
Jeremy Guthrie to the Rockies?  Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2012 at 3:01pm
the dodgers just signed kershaw to a two year deal for 19 million. As expected since he is the reigning NL cy young award winner. I just dont know why they didnt sign him for longer and why he didnt fight to sign with them longer. He is definitely good for more then 2 years.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2012 at 3:17pm
he definitely could've/should've gotten more money.  they also gave kemp a huge deal so maybe that's why they couldn't do another mega deal.
ShredThePeak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredThePeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2012 at 4:33pm
HELL YEAH 2012 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are kicking even more ass this year. Got Beltran, Freese, Furcal, Holliday, Berkman, Wainwright, Carpenter, Molina!!! Get ready hoes.
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2012 at 4:55pm
gonna be interesting to see what the Brewers can do this year with the whole Braun situation shaking out, that and Prince sold out for freaking Detroit, puke
A.Tup View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote A.Tup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2012 at 8:18pm
Dont mess with JV

Michigan Tech Paintball #12
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2012 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by ShredThePeak

HELL YEAH 2012 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are kicking even more ass this year. Got Beltran, Freese, Furcal, Holliday, Berkman, Wainwright, Carpenter, Molina!!! Get ready hoes.

w/o pujols? dunno about that. 
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 4:21am
Cards will still be solid, but the NL Central is wide open.  Unless you are the Astros... or the Pirates.... and probably the Cubs too. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 4:24am
The cards are going to struggle to make playoffs this year without pujols. And even if they do make it they wont last long cause the phillies wont let them beat them in playoffs two years in a row. I cant wait for this baseball season to start up.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 4:39am
Over/  under on errors by Miguel Cabrera at 3rd Base +/- 894 (all numbers approximate).
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 6:56am
As a Mets fan.....this is gonna be a longggggggggggggggggg season.....sigh.....
I might stop watching after the first month.....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by jjfreak

As a Mets fan.....this is gonna be a longggggggggggggggggg season.....sigh.....
I might stop watching after the first month.....

I know how those long seasons are. Being a Cubs fan I should probably be expecting another long season again. Although we did get Theo and he's already starting to make changes. So curious how his first season with us goes. I have faith. Go CUBS.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2012 at 3:15am
Theo's luck kind of ran out with the Red Sox.  He may not be quite the genius that he was once made out to be.  We'll see though.  If he gets both the Red Sox and Cubs a World Series... he's a god.
tworunningcards View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tworunningcards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2012 at 5:25am
Burnett to the Pirates before Spring Training. I'm calling it now. (also really hoping it happens)
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2012 at 6:42am
Olney had a blurb today that Burnett would actually be a solid pickup for the Buccos if the NYY pick up a major portion of his salary. Playing for a smaller market team might calm him down and make him a productive innings eater.  You never know.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2012 at 8:02am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Theo's luck kind of ran out with the Red Sox.  He may not be quite the genius that he was once made out to be.  We'll see though.  If he gets both the Red Sox and Cubs a World Series... he's a god.

I agree, if he repeats his success and brings the Cubbies back I'll give him respect but it's not that hard to make a quality baseball team when you have one of the highest payrolls out there.

I'd still take him on the Giants though, at least he'd be able to sign a decent FA bat.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2012 at 8:12am
The Cubs are somehow the favorite from the NL according to Vegas.  I am a fan, but I just don't see how this could be.  I think people are a little too hyped about Theo. 

But I expect them to compete, so I think it is going to be a good season!

360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2012 at 8:23am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

The Cubs are somehow the favorite from the NL according to Vegas.  I am a fan, but I just don't see how this could be.  I think people are a little too hyped about Theo. 

Where are you seeing them as the NL favorite?  I just checked the odds for the pennant and they're nowhere near the favorite.
PHILADELPHIA 2-1
SAN FRANCISCO 13-2
MIAMI 17-2
ATLANTA 9-1
CINCINNATI 9-1
ST LOUIS 10-1
ARIZONA 12-1
WASHINGTON 14-1
MILWAUKEE 14-1
COLORADO 15-1
LOS ANGELES (NL) 20-1
CHICAGO (NL) 21-1
tworunningcards View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tworunningcards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2012 at 9:07am
Miami at 17-2 isn't too bad a bet.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2012 at 6:24am
Man, 2-1 for the Phils.  I think they should be the favorites just based on the fact that 100 starts out of Halladay, Lee and Hamels is pretty tough to beat.  However, those odds seem a little too much in their favor considering the questions with their offense.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2012 at 11:37am
Did anyone hear about kevin Youkilis being engaged to Tom Brady's sister? The city of Boston likes to keep it in the family.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2012 at 4:11am

Did anyone hear about kevin Youkilis being engaged to Tom Brady's sister? The city of Boston likes to keep it in the family.

In a weird way, it does seem incestuous.
scuba32steve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote scuba32steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2012 at 4:16am
Miami marlins are going to win the world series this year
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2012 at 3:47am
Originally posted by 360faceplant

Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Where are you seeing them as the NL favorite?  I just checked the odds for the pennant and they're nowhere near the favorite.
PHILADELPHIA 2-1
SAN FRANCISCO 13-2
MIAMI 17-2
ATLANTA 9-1
CINCINNATI 9-1
ST LOUIS 10-1
ARIZONA 12-1
WASHINGTON 14-1
MILWAUKEE 14-1
COLORADO 15-1
LOS ANGELES (NL) 20-1
CHICAGO (NL) 21-1
How would it even be worth placing a bet on the Phillies at 2-1 this early in the season?  I'm shocked at those odds. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mollicap16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2012 at 4:41am
ur nuts if you think the marlins are going to win the world series. The phillies got it this year. But did anyone hear the pirates are making moves for burnett, i think its dumb for them to be picking him up anyway they need more taleted youth not a decent pitcher whos on a decline.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2012 at 9:24am

ur nuts if you think the marlins are going to win the world series. The phillies got it this year. But did anyone hear the pirates are making moves for burnett, i think its dumb for them to be picking him up anyway they need more taleted youth not a decent pitcher whos on a decline.

not saying that miami is going to win it..but, weren't the phillies supposed to take it all last season? and how far did they go in the playoffs when it mattered? it's great to have all those aces and win in the reg season. but it doesn't amount to anything if they can't win in the post season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 85>