Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 5152535455 87>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2014 MLB Season
    Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 4:49am
She's just the reporter that unforunately was caught in the crossfire... But you can totally HEAR her scream from the picture alone lol
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 7:06am
Jeez, Jays starters getting hit with injuries again. Only a matter of time before the rest of them drop like flies.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 7:35am
Originally posted by solocreep

Ha ha. Nice. Gatorade bath with a woman. Never saw that before.

Actually, why doesn't this happen more?
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 8:39am
Perhaps this is the natural progression from the shaving cream pie.  Why not have both?  Make the field look like the set of Double Dare after a physical challenge.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Von44

Jeez, Jays starters getting hit with injuries again. Only a matter of time before the rest of them drop like flies.

have you seen the dodgers rotation...?  They started the year with Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Beckett, and Billingsley with Capuano and Harrang as primary back ups

now they have Kershaw, Ryu, Beckett, Lilly, and Fife

ouch

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by shwazy

have you seen the dodgers rotation...?  They started the year with Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Beckett, and Billingsley with Capuano and Harrang as primary back ups

now they have Kershaw, Ryu, Beckett, Lilly, and Fife

ouch

welcome to my world! The only difference is I'm in year 2 of this bs. Funny thing is the only guy who wasn't hurt from last years rotation (Romero) isn't even with the team. Just be thankful dodgers still have 3 of 5 up and running.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 3:57am
Even tho the giants lost, Lincecum pitched decent. Let's see what ztio does today.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 1:35am
How is Vernon wells doing so well against the jays? He was never this good playing for toronto back in the day. Seems like any player that leaves the jays will kill it with their new team.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 4:36am
Giants lost again... 12 innings, on the road, huge errors. Smh...
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 6:57am

How is Vernon wells doing so well against the jays? He was never this good playing for toronto back in the day. Seems like any player that leaves the jays will kill it with their new team.

I thought Vernon Wells was a monster with the Jays?

Tough loss for the Dodgers yesterday.  Up one run with two out in 7th and Guerrier comes in to give up a bomb.  Then Mattingly leaves him in for the 8th and he gives up another bomb. Sometimes Mattingly makes me scratch my head with pitching moves.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 2:41pm
Giants just got swept by the Padres.... Our starting pitching is failing us right now.....
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

Giants just got swept by the Padres.... Our starting pitching is failing us right now.....

All good. It's early in the season. As long as we're in playoff contention at end.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 4:57am
Originally posted by shwazy

I thought Vernon Wells was a monster with the Jays?

Tough loss for the Dodgers yesterday.  Up one run with two out in 7th and Guerrier comes in to give up a bomb.  Then Mattingly leaves him in for the 8th and he gives up another bomb. Sometimes Mattingly makes me scratch my head with pitching moves.
He had a few good years but his numbers really dropped after negotiate his contract extension and never lived up to it. Now he's having a career comeback and its against the jays. Perfect!

Just hurts to get swept by the Yankees. But when there's no offence it's understandable. Jays batting .224 as a team. Maybe they need to learn to hit off a tee. Huge failure so far this season!
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 5:16am
bautista and lawrie are whiffing on everything. at least bautista has a few homers
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 9:07am
As unbalanced as the Phils are, they have a decent chance this year if only because they play the Mets and the Marlins 36 times.  Mets are not bad (especially when Harvey pitches), but the Phils are 5-1 against them.  If they load up against those teams and play .500 against the rest of the league, they are right in the thick of the WC race.  Yes, I realize this is borderline delusional.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 4:22pm
Cain on the mound tonight. He's got to get the giants a win. Last I heard, AZ was playing good.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 4:32pm
The Rockies at 15-10 are tied for first with the Diamondbacks but have lost 5 of the last 7 - a sure sign the world is righting itself and the Rocks will be in 4th place soon enough.  
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 8:43pm

Cain on the mound tonight. He's got to get the giants a win. Last I heard, AZ was playing good.

He pitched alright... one inning with 3 hr. that was rough. Thank god we got the win. belt coming through. I'm really becoming uneasy with our starting pitching. I miss the days when our recipe for a win was the starting pitcher to go 7 innings, romo setup, and wilson to close...
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 12:09am
I love my Oakland A's! They beat LA in 19 innings (the longest game time-wise in their history) and I watched the whole game.  (Longest I game I've actually seen in person at the Coliseum went 16 innings.)
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 3:37am
Tough win for the giants. Cain giving up the long ball lately. gotta get their stuff together.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

I love my Oakland A's! They beat LA in 19 innings (the longest game time-wise in their history) and I watched the whole game.  (Longest I game I've actually seen in person at the Coliseum went 16 innings.)
That game was nuts.  Hamilton was 0 for 8.  How does one even do that?  It's like Ron Burgundy talking to Baxter... I'm not even mad, that's amazing.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 9:39am
That was a crazy game.  L.A. probably thought they had the game won up by 2 runs going into the bottom of the 9th (blown save) and again when they scored in the 15th inning.  Angels and their huge payroll are 9-16 on the season.  Hamilton ($17.4M) is batting .202, Pujols ($16M)at .265.  That's a lot of money for 2 "superstars" that aren't producing.  Add C.J. Wilson ($11.5M) and his 4.50 ERA to the list of highly paid and under-performing players on this team.  Rangers (16-9, 1st place) appear to be doing fine without Hamilton and Wilson.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 10:25am
Jays games are getting harder and harder to watch these days. Now they're up against the best team in the majors tonight (bosox). Gotta get the bats going.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 11:07am
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

haha..you watched 2 games for the price of 1! Clap
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 11:34am

Jays games are getting harder and harder to watch these days. Now they're up against the best team in the majors tonight (bosox). Gotta get the bats going.

This is where they turn it around!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 3:21pm
Looks like my prediction that the Rockies will be out of first by the end of May might need to be reevaluated.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 7:15pm
Pablo coming in the CLUTCH TONIGHT!  banged a 2 run homer in the ninth to get the lead and romo looking good to close it out. Bum doing solid too, i like it
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 12:12am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

This is where they turn it around!
Good call LJ! A solid May record would make the wildcard achievable. One game at a time.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 4:31am

Pablo coming in the CLUTCH TONIGHT!  banged a 2 run homer in the ninth to get the lead and romo looking good to close it out. Bum doing solid too, i like it
I was flipping around and caught the end of the game on MLB TV... Harold Reynolds and them were going nuts.  That was a no-doubt-about-it shot
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Geez

I was flipping around and caught the end of the game on MLB TV... Harold Reynolds and them were going nuts.  That was a no-doubt-about-it shot

Giants win 2 in a row. Another tough win last night.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 9:50am

The pace that Yu Darvish is striking out batters is crazy...more than 10 per 9 innings...he might break 300 SO's this season if he stays healthy...

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 7:30pm
Hell yeah. Belt with the go ahead HR. Cmon bullpen hold that lead.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 8:13pm

dude he crushed it. I seriously can't believe the way we're winning ballgames right now. So many come from behind victories. It's tough on the heart but it's damn exciting
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 4:33am

dude he crushed it. I seriously can't believe the way we're winning ballgames right now. So many come from behind victories. It's tough on the heart but it's damn exciting

A few years ago, they called it torture. But a much needed win for the giants cuz I think the dodgers, phillies, and braves are next. Good thing they're coming back home.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by lightning80

The pace that Yu Darvish is striking out batters is crazy...more than 10 per 9 innings...he might break 300 SO's this season if he stays healthy...

those are crazy stats these days. But i remember when schilling and the big unit were racking up 400K seasons like a decade ago and that was considered the hitters era.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 8:28pm
I've caught a number of mlb.tv free games of the day this season, and they've all been good! Tonight's game featured detroit at houston, and the closing pitchers were absolutely lights out (until the 14th, of course). Loved watching that game! :D:D:D:D:D:DThinkin of makin a trip to Houston to see a game in their ballpark. Always liked it, for whatever reason (mostly the cool-ass wall in left field)
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 5:54am
Zito vs kershaw tonight. And its metallica night?! Gonna be a hell of a game 1 for giants/dodgers.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 6:35am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

I've caught a number of mlb.tv free games of the day this season, and they've all been good! Tonight's game featured detroit at houston, and the closing pitchers were absolutely lights out (until the 14th, of course). Loved watching that game! :D:D:D:D:D:DThinkin of makin a trip to Houston to see a game in their ballpark. Always liked it, for whatever reason (mostly the cool-ass wall in left field)
DO IT! You won't regret it but you won't be able to stop there. It's contagious. I've finally narrowed down my trip in August. Dodgers, Angels, and Pads. Can't afford SF and Oak. Was also considering Houston, Arlington, Colorado and Arizona then end it in Vegas. Lol
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 6:45am
Lol this is great. Just heard now that Ricky Romero is called up cuz of Johnson's injury. As if things couldn't get any worse for the jays. 
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 8:00am

Originally posted by j_lucky84

DO IT! You won't regret it but you won't be able to stop there. It's contagious. I've finally narrowed down my trip in August. Dodgers, Angels, and Pads. Can't afford SF and Oak. Was also considering Houston, Arlington, Colorado and Arizona then end it in Vegas. Lol

Looked at plane ticket prices to Houston and they're unfortunately out of my pay grade. Considering other options (SD is still on the ballot, of course, and plane tix are hella cheap). Also thinkin LAD as well, as I have some friends moving down there this weekend. That would allow a prolonged visit rather than panning out for hotels and all that @$()*. SD from LA marks a 2 hour trip up I5 (assuming good traffic). Could easily do that in a week-long visit :)
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 9:44am
^ I would love to take in games in other cities.  I don't have many notches on my belt right now, I have been to Coors Field (obviously), Busch Stadium - St. Louis, Wrigley Field - Chicago, Chase Field - Arizona.  Since my job requires a lot of travel I have been to many minor league games across the country and I always buy a hat for the local team.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 12:45pm

Blue Jays announcers just throwing out accusations of pitchers cheating:  first Bucholz and now Cliff Lee.  It will be interesting to see if the opposing manager has Bucholz arm checked next game, Verducci wrote a piece for SI that tapes show a substance on his arm this year.  I don't care either way, but it's great theatre.  I was at a Yanks-O's game in 1992 where cameras showed pitcher, Tim Leary pull sandpaper from his glove and eat it when he was approached by the umpires.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Geez

Blue Jays announcers just throwing out accusations of pitchers cheating:  first Bucholz and now Cliff Lee.  It will be interesting to see if the opposing manager has Bucholz arm checked next game, Verducci wrote a piece for SI that tapes show a substance on his arm this year.  I don't care either way, but it's great theatre.  I was at a Yanks-O's game in 1992 where cameras showed pitcher, Tim Leary pull sandpaper from his glove and eat it when he was approached by the umpires.

It's interesting cuz normally it's the Jays being accused of wrong doing. Pretty soon the Jays will get called out again for "stealing signs" by placing a guy in a white tshirt out in centre field with binoculars.

They showed Bucholz clearly taking sweat or something else off his forearm and wiping it on the ball. But in the end, I don't think anything will come of it cuz its mlb here.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2013 at 4:41am
Damn its torture when Zito pitches. Puts so many batters on base, but seems to minimize damage. Another clutch win for the giants. Where would they be without Posey?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2013 at 5:32pm
Damned Rockies lose in the 10th in grand style - RBI single followed by a 2 run blast.  Nice job Belisle.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2013 at 4:19am
Tigers won last night 17-2.  Miggy went 4-4 with 2 HRs and 6 RBI.  
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2013 at 4:37am
Giants win with another walk off HR. That's 2 days in a row. Their offense has no quit in them.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2013 at 9:05am
I don't keep track of baseball, but all I know is Dodgers better beat the Giants today cuz it sounds like the Giants have barely won the last 2 games. and I'm tired of hearing the Dodgers lose
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2013 at 5:31pm
Cain left up 4-0 in the 7th. Now its 4-3. Cmon bullpen! Smh.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2013 at 7:11pm

Cain left up 4-0 in the 7th. Now its 4-3. Cmon bullpen! Smh.

Giant's complete the sweep! cain pitched solid, kontos couldn't get the job done and affeldt got a little unlucky. A couple of balls that could've led to outs. Still pulled out the win. Great to see cain getting back into the winning column.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 87>