Official 2014 MLB Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 6263646566 76>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Spenser W. View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2014 MLB Season
    Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 10:55am
Originally posted by sideways99

^ They have Manny Ramirez hitting a healthy .250 (/sarcasm) for the Round Rock Express, the Rangers' Triple A affiliate.  Bring up Manny!!!

Hahahaha, we had Manny in Sacramento for a little while (the River Cats, the A's AAA affiliate), it was fun to go watch him. I'm not sure Manny will ever play in the big leagues again.  But I felt how you felt, BRING HIM UP!  Would have been fun to have him in the bay area.
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
taurus View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote taurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 11:49am

I'm worried that my Giants haven't unloaded any of their dead weight yet.  If they don't by the 31st, I'm going to be very scared for next year. No more fat pandas!

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by shwazy

Originally posted by Von44

Originally posted by shwazy

Originally posted by Von44

Another embarrassing loss by the jays. Bullpen just couldn't hold a measly 5 run lead.
that was an impressive comeback as a dodger fan.
As a dodgers fan, you can thank Darren Oliver for those hittable pitches!
well they racked up 60 hits in 4 games so either the Blue Jays pitching is really bad or it had nothing to do with the Blue Jays
LOL I'm pretty sure that the jays had a lot to do with the dodgers sweep. Not saying they didnt have timely hitting but the jays pitching and poor defence was the primary cause of the flood gates. In the third game, the jays managed to blow the lead in the bottom 9th from an error which gave the dodgers tied up. Then it was a complete meltdown from there where the dodgers cashed in 5 in the 10th.

I'm just glad to see Astros in town right now!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2013 at 6:22am
Phils have lost 6 in a row and are still talking about extending Utley and just signed a Cuban pitcher for $60 million.  I have no faith in what Amaro will do at the deadline or the players he might get back in any trade.  Unfortunately I think the next few years are going to be pretty lean for the Phils.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2013 at 11:18am
Amazing how much this team has fallen. Spent all that money on pitching and still continues to do the same. Yet there's still a possibility of Lee getting traded? What a mess.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2013 at 2:53pm
been busy with work and haven't been paying attention to baseball lately. the Dodgers are in first? WTF...
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2013 at 7:14pm
Giants just.... no words.... Don't even know. Got a little spoiled from the passed seasons and kinda expected the similar roster to produce at least above .500 results... but this... Fitting that it was nate though
taurus View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote taurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

Giants just.... no words.... Don't even know. Got a little spoiled from the passed seasons and kinda expected the similar roster to produce at least above .500 results... but this... Fitting that it was nate though

They should have kept Nate and given him the chance to play every day.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 6:18am
Big Papi went HAM on the bullpen telephone last night.  In his defense, that pitch was ball 4
jstgermain View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 7:46am
Wow Pujols hurts foot again...Angels are already regretting that contract...
sideways99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by jstgermain

Good, Angels throw money around like they are the Junior Yankees.  Nice to see a big contract bite them in the ass.

Damn Rockies keep losing ground, lost to the Brewers last night.  Tulo goes 3-4 with a HR and 2 RBI but with Cargo nursing a bad finger Tulo and Cuddyer are all the offense CO has.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 11:52am
Phils have lost 8 in a row and gave up 8 unearned runs in one inning.  This was after Cabrera got tossed.  There is going to be a massive selloff in the next 48 hours.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 11:59am

Good, Angels throw money around like they are the Junior Yankees.  Nice to see a big contract bite them in the ass.
Bet the Cards and Rangers both feel like they dodged a bullet with not having to sign Pujols and Hamilton and let them walk.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 1:14pm

yeah you would have thought it would have taken at least 3 years for the pain to set in but it started on the first game he played and hasn't stopped....maybe this is the final lesson to GMs to not give big money to aging stars...uh wait they will never learn that lesson.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 5:21am
giants get swept. by the cubs.rumors swirling about trading vets. frustrating season so far.
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 5:39am
Plenty of time for teams to catch up to the Dodgers, at least that's what I keep telling myself as I watch the Rockies continue to flounder under the .500 mark.  CO has a tough schedule coming up, 4 games in Atlanta followed by 3 games in Pittsburgh.

Dodgers are hosting the Yankees for 2 games which is the start of playing 16 games/days in a row.  Hopefully that will wear them down.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Geez

Phils have lost 8 in a row and gave up 8 unearned runs in one inning.  This was after Cabrera got tossed.  There is going to be a massive selloff in the next 48 hours.

Papelbon is the big name, but people aren't buying up contracts like that at the deadline.  I think they would have to pay part of that contract to move him, which I don't think that is the right choice.  Definitely curious to see what will happen though.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 7:32am
The Rangers are spiraling like crazy now..6 games behind the A's...Cry
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 7:42am
That is also due to how good the A's are.  Playing like one of the best teams in AL right now.  The 6 games seems like more to overcome when they are playing this well.
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 7:50am
Originally posted by lightning80

The Rangers are spiraling like crazy now..6 games behind the A's...Cry

They are losing bar fights as well as games:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/28/witness-says-tanner-scheppers-lost-a-bar-fight/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 9:52am
The brewers are finding a way to payback fans with the money they are saving from Braun: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9518562/milwaukee-brewers-distribute-10-vouchers-august-games

Kind of a nice effort.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Originally posted by Geez

Papelbon is the big name, but people aren't buying up contracts like that at the deadline.  I think they would have to pay part of that contract to move him, which I don't think that is the right choice.  Definitely curious to see what will happen though.

Oh no question.  A lot of bad contracts that are basically un-movable: Howard (no explanation necessary), Papelbon (diminished velocity, command, plummeting K rate), Rollins (won't wave no-trade clause until he is all-time franchise leader in hits), Lee (best player, but owed $88 million)... not to mention free agents to be, Utley, Halladay, Ruiz.  Looks like Michael Young is the only sure thing to get traded.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 3:37pm
Looks like there's a chance A-Rod could miss all of this season plus the entire 2014 season as well. They might as well hang him in front of the city while there at it.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 4:07am
Frieri destroyed Weaver's gem last night.  How can you give up two HRs to two catchers in one inning to blow a save?  I didn't even realize Geovany Soto was still in the majors.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 5:17am
giants off yesterday to visit the white house. hopefully that inspires them to play better.
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 5:19am
Rockies are 6.5 games back now after losing to the Braves last night.  CO tied the score in the top of the 9th on Cargo's 5th hit of the game, only to lose the game in the bottom of the 10th.  Tulo goes hitless and strands 3 runners.

Regarding A-Rod, he is screwed.  The Yankees are screwed even more with his contract, although you will not find many people feeling sorry for them.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 5:48am
Two months left and the jays season is clearly over. They need to sell by the deadline. I cant deal with this beating anymore. Time to call up prospects and see what they can do.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 6:38am

Rockies are 6.5 games back now after losing to the Braves last night.  CO tied the score in the top of the 9th on Cargo's 5th hit of the game, only to lose the game in the bottom of the 10th.  Tulo goes hitless and strands 3 runners.

Regarding A-Rod, he is screwed.  The Yankees are screwed even more with his contract, although you will not find many people feeling sorry for them.

If he's suspended he doesn't get paid.  Since he's been injured this year insurance has picked up a big part of of the tab.  The problem for the Yankees would be if he gets healthy enough to play and then appeals any punishment.  He would be allowed to play while he appeals and then they would have to pay him.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 8:10am
Rangers finally stopped their losing streak...needed 2 HRs in the 9th to walk off a win over the Angels. Too bad the A's also won...
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 9:08am
when are these G-D suspensions going to be announced?  This is ridiculous the closer it gets to the deadline.  You gotta give teams 24 hours at least to make moves.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 11:58am
Maybe it's another way for the MLB to punish the teams that have players that use. Kind of like an institutional control type punishment.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 11:59am

Looks like Michael Young will only waive his no-trade clause if he can be traded back to the Rangers.  And they don't appear to want him.  Well that solves that.

taurus View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote taurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 12:33pm
Brian Wilson to the Dodgers. Ugh. You know the Giants are toast when the top story is Michelle Obama talking them into planting an organic garden in the outfield stands.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 12:40pm
With Nelson Cruz's suspension pending...the Rangers should pick up a bat to replace him...espeically with how bad they've been hitting lately...
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 2:21pm
The other part of the suspensions not coming out is that perhaps teams are hesitant to sign bats right now, since all of the names haven't been released and you can't pick up someone if they are going to be suspended next week.  It's a tough time to be a GM
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 4:48pm
I guess the visit to the white house didn't do any good. giants losing. as far as Brian Wilson goes. good for him.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 12:04am
Good signing by the Dodgers! If he does regain his old form with that velocity then he'll be a nice compliment to the bullpen. I wonder if Mattingly is gonna ask him to shave the beard?
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 4:05am
Some movement in the league yesterday.  Brian Wilson to the Dodgers.  Peavy to the Red Sox, Jose Iglesias (didn't he sing "To All The Girls I've Loved Before" with Willy Nelson?) to the Tigers because suspension is looking for Jhonny Peralta, and some minor leaguers to the White Sox.

Speaking of Biogenesis it sounds like most players are planning on accepting suspensions with the exception of A-Rod even though MLB is threatening to ban him for life.  Bold and stupid at the same time.  Take your punishment and deal with it.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 5:23am
Originally posted by lightning80

With Nelson Cruz's suspension pending...the Rangers should pick up a bat to replace him...espeically with how bad they've been hitting lately...
I think we will definitely see the Rangers trade for a bat today.  MLB tipped off the teams about the upcoming suspensions, so even if they are not handed down today, it will be in the next few days.  Rios?  Marlon Byrd?  Who knows?  But Rangers need to make a move to relax the stress on their staff.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 6:27am

Some movement in the league yesterday.  Brian Wilson to the Dodgers.  Peavy to the Red Sox, Jose Iglesias (didn't he sing "To All The Girls I've Loved Before" with Willy Nelson?) to the Tigers because suspension is looking for Jhonny Peralta, and some minor leaguers to the White Sox.

Speaking of Biogenesis it sounds like most players are planning on accepting suspensions with the exception of A-Rod even though MLB is threatening to ban him for life.  Bold and stupid at the same time.  Take your punishment and deal with it.

That's what he should do, but I think from his perspective, all he can do is lie and fight it because there is no plea possible at this point.  So he is going to go the Barry Bonds route, and he will be hated in the same way.  But there is no stopping that now, even if he went full confession a la Lance Armstrong.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 7:59am
A-Rod won't accept the suspension because he'll be getting at least the 100-game variety. And his career will be over by then. He'll fight the suspension and prolong his playing days as much as possible since players are allowed to play during the appeal process under the drug policy. That's why there's rumors that the MLB will use the CBA on A-Rod so he can't play if he appeals.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 10:18am

The brewers are finding a way to payback fans with the money they are saving from Braun: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9518562/milwaukee-brewers-distribute-10-vouchers-august-games

Kind of a nice effort.

I think it's a very good effort to show the fans they appreciate them and know how frustrated they would be
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 10:24am

when are these G-D suspensions going to be announced?  This is ridiculous the closer it gets to the deadline.  You gotta give teams 24 hours at least to make moves.

They don't have to give the teams any notice. If they didnt use, then they wouldn't be in this position in the first place. "We know you have been cheating, but to help you out some more we'll let you know in advance the suspension outcome .... Uh no." Once you cheat, they can careless about you and that's how it should be anyways
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 11:10am
The teams didn't use though.  But the deadline is now passed and no news on suspensions.  I guess teams get to deal with what they got.  Hope to hear something this week still.  Don't want to get closer to pennant race with known cheaters on the field.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 11:16am
^^are you talking about the Braun & arod situation?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 12:43pm
The July trade deadline is so useless. Teams can still trade players through the weird waiver system (put everyone on waivers, and take them off waivers if another team tries to claim your player that you don't want to trade; or proceed to take one of their players and give up on yours...basically still a trade...but through the stupid system). Why even have a July trade deadline?
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 5:33pm
the Chad is good!!!! giants finally win...
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2013 at 7:55pm
My Buccos finally looking respectable. It's bout' damn time!
Protect your domes
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2013 at 4:51am
I'm totally shocked that the Jays were able to take 2 of 3 in Oakland. But 4 errors doesn't inspire much confidence.

Planning to go to the game on saturday in Anaheim. Ordering tickets on stubhub now.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2013 at 5:46am
Originally posted by magichc

^^are you talking about the Braun & arod situation?

Specifically, the A-Rod and other situations.  But all that talk about how A-Rod is not going to agree to a suspension and now it sounds like that is a possibility after he saw the evidence.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 76>