Official 2014 MLB Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 6970717273 81>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2014 MLB Season
    Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 5:02am
Originally posted by solocreep

nothing weird at the end of this game.

Almost disappointing, right?
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 6:24am
Boston is taking control of the series.  Winning 2 in St. Louis was big, giving Boston home field advantage again.  Two games at home to wrap it up with the rookie Wacha standing in the way tomorrow night.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 6:26am
Boston is taking control of the series.  Winning 2 in St. Louis was big, giving Boston home field advantage again.  Two games at home to wrap it up with the rookie Wacha standing in the way tomorrow night.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 6:28am

Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 6:29am
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 6:30am

Star

Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 6:48am
Originally posted by snowmen

Originally posted by Von44

Crazy way to end a game by an obstruction call.

It is the World Series and umps need to let them play to win.

It was the correct call if the umps are supposed to follow the rule book.  The real issue is the rule book itself, Middlebrooks was not intentionally interfering with the runner (Craig) but that doesn't matter according to the rules.

Anywho, Boston has taken control of the series and taken home field advantage back by winning 2 games in St. Louis.  Red Sox have 2 chances at home to wrap it up.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 11:10am
Wacha has been solid and I think he'll hold off the sox. That should setup an interesting gm 7 with peavy and Kelly on the mound.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 11:22am
Boston get 2 chances at home to win it...it'll be their WS to lose at this point.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 10:40am
Boston in 7.  Wacha makes them wait 1 more game.

sdip12 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Stash

Quote sdip12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 12:18pm
Im saying the sox take the series tonight winning the game 5-3. But at this point it is the soxs series to lose.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 2:39pm
just to be different...cards in 7..haha
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 5:08pm
Boston's got beard power. Boston in 7.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 7:18pm
Sox are looking good!
I break balls.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 9:06pm
Just another Boston championship.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2013 at 11:49am
The beards from Boston did it at home finally.  Congrats to anyone that is a Red Sox fan.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2013 at 1:37pm
Still don't understand why they were using snowboard goggles rather than swim goggles for the champagne. I think I even saw papi with a snowboard helmet?
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2013 at 3:10pm

Still don't understand why they were using snowboard goggles rather than swim goggles for the champagne. I think I even saw papi with a snowboard helmet?

snowboard goggles look cooler
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2013 at 10:29am
Guess Papi can wear whatever he wants when he's batting .700 in the WS
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 4:20am
Jeter resigned for 12 mil seems a bit steep when he's clearly declined and they still need to pitch to cano.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 5:54am
^ Waste of $12M.  I read Cano wants something in the $25-30M range, very few teams will be able to compete for his services.

I missed the Red Sox celebration, Ortiz was wearing a snowboard helmet and goggles?  Apparently he was:

Last night, in the final inning of Game 6 of the World Series, with Koji Uehara working down the last few Cardinals batters, David Ortiz emerged from the innards of the dugout in a black ski helmet and a pair of Nike-branded Dragon APX goggles, readying for the impending champaign party and the real possibility of drunkenly slamming his 250-pound frame into an unforgivingly firm Boston brick wall. Ortiz would later switch to a pair of Oakley Airbrakes, both to assuage the nerves of his actual eyewear sponsor and because Oakley’s proprietary high impact-tested lens material is the only guaranteed way to protect against errant champaign cork mis-fires. 

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 7:24am
25-30 mil? Gotta draw the line somewhere! 
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2013 at 7:36am
I think Cano's going to get pretty close to that though.  He isn't worth it.  Who knows how many years he is going to get on that contract too.  I think he was asking 8-10.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2013 at 6:10pm
I can see him in a dodgers blue since they've been on a spending spree. Can't see him in pinstripes.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2013 at 7:27am
its official. zito and the giants officially part ways. thanks for the erratic pitching.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2013 at 10:03am

I can see him in a dodgers blue since they've been on a spending spree. Can't see him in pinstripes.

Cano?  I mean the dodgers would be the team that would open up any checkbook to get a championship and they will be signing somebody for a good amount to play 2nd.  However, I just don't see the Yankees letting him go.  That would be fully committing to rebuilding in Jeter's last year(s), or going after other stars that might not pan out and could change team identity (see A-Rod).  So I see the Yankees signing him, which allows him to ask more.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2013 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Cano?  I mean the dodgers would be the team that would open up any checkbook to get a championship and they will be signing somebody for a good amount to play 2nd.  However, I just don't see the Yankees letting him go.  That would be fully committing to rebuilding in Jeter's last year(s), or going after other stars that might not pan out and could change team identity (see A-Rod).  So I see the Yankees signing him, which allows him to ask more.
But they're trying to cut their payroll after the arod contract totally handcuffed them. I think they'll make a pitch for cano but it won't be what he wants in the 25-30 mil per. Prolly more like 20 mil tops.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2013 at 10:52am
Rumours of jays pulling off another big trade Bautista to phillies. Best news I've heard since the season ended. Thought Philly would've learned their lesson with the doc trade.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2013 at 11:06am

Rumours of jays pulling off another big trade Bautista to phillies. Best news I've heard since the season ended. Thought Philly would've learned their lesson with the doc trade.

Wasn't he the best pitcher in baseball for three years in a row and helped win a title?

Cano is not going to the dodgers...they already signed another Cuban defector who plays 2nd.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2013 at 12:46pm
Seems to be a good policy to hire Cubans.  Rookie of the Year, as well as the runner up.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by shwazy

Wasn't he the best pitcher in baseball for three years in a row and helped win a title?

Cano is not going to the dodgers...they already signed another Cuban defector who plays 2nd.
Sure but did Philly win a WS in those 3 years? Now he's damaged goods. And I see Bautista on that same path. He's got maybe another 2-3 years in him before he's done. Jays will benefit once again if they get a young guy like Dominic brown in return. And By no means was i implying that Philly was stupid for accepting the doc trade since they were getting the best pitcher in baseball at the time. But I'd figure they'd be a bit more cautious when trading for a vet again.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
taurus View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote taurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2013 at 11:17am
Had a horrific nightmare last night that the Giants re-signed Barry Zito. I hope we get our rotation set for certain, so I won't have any more worries. Preferably not more former A's like Haren and Hudson though.
taurus View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote taurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2013 at 1:00pm
^Wow! Just a couple hours after I wrote that, news breaks that Tim Hudson is signing with the Giants. Hope it pans out better than Zito.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by taurus

^Wow! Just a couple hours after I wrote that, news breaks that Tim Hudson is signing with the Giants. Hope it pans out better than Zito.

exactly what I was thinking.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2013 at 6:16am

Yankees pursuing Stephen Drew... is Jeter ready to finally retire?

I keep waiting for a team to make a huge splash int he FA market... Yahoo Sports free agent tracker:

Edit:  Just read the Rockies signed LaTroy Hawkins to be the closer... wait a minute, isn't LaTroy 64 years old?

Edit, II:  Yankees looking at PED Jhonny Peralta, too?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2013 at 3:15pm
Be interesting if the mets landed cano.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2013 at 4:43pm
the Giants need some offense. hope they address it
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2013 at 11:09am
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by solocreep

the Giants need some offense. hope they address it
Giants need a bat? There's a guy asking for $30 mil per year.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 5:22am
Tigers send Prince Fielder and $30M to the Rangers for Ian Kinsler... THANK YOU TEXAS!!!!

Clap

milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 8:56am
Looks like the rangers are after cano as well. G w bush getting wild
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 8:57am
^That's a good trade

I didn't care about that yesterday, because I was enamored by the A'Rod Tirade http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1858770-a-rods-outrage-at-appeal-process-is-writing-on-the-wall-for-long-suspension

I think it is hilarious to watch him try every thing in the world to distract from the facts that he was a big cheater and doesn't deserve his huge contract or to be able to play
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 10:41am

^That's a good trade

I didn't care about that yesterday, because I was enamored by the A'Rod Tirade http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1858770-a-rods-outrage-at-appeal-process-is-writing-on-the-wall-for-long-suspension

I think it is hilarious to watch him try every thing in the world to distract from the facts that he was a big cheater and doesn't deserve his huge contract or to be able to play

How is trying to put the person who suspended you on the stand a distraction from the facts?

The fact is A-Rod was suspended under baseballs drug program and only that.  Selig can't arbitrarily make up how many games to suspend him, there is a procedure that must be followed.  It doesn't matter how big of a scumbag A-Rod is.

ABrad25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Play hard or look good

Quote ABrad25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 11:06am
A-Rod is a cheater! Plan and simple 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by ctoma

Tigers send Prince Fielder and $30M to the Rangers for Ian Kinsler... THANK YOU TEXAS!!!!

Clap

Now they've got some room to ink Scherzer long term.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by 360faceplant

^That's a good trade

How is trying to put the person who suspended you on the stand a distraction from the facts?

The fact is A-Rod was suspended under baseballs drug program and only that.  Selig can't arbitrarily make up how many games to suspend him, there is a procedure that must be followed.  It doesn't matter how big of a scumbag A-Rod is.

While the decision was made by Selig, he documented everything related to it and it was presented as evidence.  While the materials haven't been released, I guarantee there is a detailed case outlining the evidence and the justification of the timeline.  He didn't pull 211 out of a hat.  It was the remainder of the season, plus the entire next season.  Having him on the stand in not necessary and if I was the arbitrator, I would not require him to testify either, because what is more relevant is what he documented.  Therefore he would just be repeating what he wrote down.

The distraction is that A-Rod has seen their case over the past 10 days and knows it isn't good.  Therefore this is a last ditch effort to distract, rather than dealing with evidence.  

Also, as a bonus, when Alex refuses to testify on the basis of Selig not testifying, that protects him from lying under oath.  So he can go on the YES network and lie to the public without legal consequences.  It is smart of him to do this, but it isn't tricking me.  It's just a distraction.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ABrad25

A-Rod is a cheater! Plan and simple 

And to this point...I do think it is more complex as there are a lot of cheaters and liars out there in regards to PEDs in baseball.  I think if A-Rod made that case, it could be heard.  Baseball could be on trial as much as A-Rod if he did.  However, his unwillingness to take accountability to be a cheater makes people mad, so I get that people react so angrily...me included.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 6:23pm
Still waiting for the Rockies to make a move... any move... except for signing an old closer (check that box, LaTroy).

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 6:29pm

how could it not...that bar was set so low that if Hudson pitched one inning and got hurt for the rest of the contract it would still be a better signing :)
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2013 at 7:10am
Originally posted by shwazy

how could it not...that bar was set so low that if Hudson pitched one inning and got hurt for the rest of the contract it would still be a better signing :)

That's what we Yankee fans call the "Carl Pavano"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 81>