Official 2015 MLB Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 7374757677 92>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2015 MLB Season
    Posted: Mar/20/2014 at 4:33pm
Yeah I was thinking the same. I'm sure MLB will implement something in the near future as there's been way too many recent incidents with regards to pitchers getting drilled with liners.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 11:56am
Ellsbury already having problems with his right calf before the start of the season. There's some definite bust potential with this Yankees team. The infield could be horrifyingly bad with Teixeira, Brian Roberts, Jeter, and Johnson.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Migoo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2014 at 3:30am
Pretty weird watching MLB at the SCG in Aus tonight. Crowd seems to be enjoying it.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2014 at 5:48pm
^ It'd be like watching cricket or rugby here and not know wtf is going on.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Migoo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2014 at 12:50am
Pretty sure everyone just wants to see some big hits...

I've been following MLB loosely since I was in San Fran in 2010 when the Giants won the world series.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2014 at 6:52am
Dodgers get 2 regular season wins in Austrailia and now they go back to spring training games? So weird.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2014 at 11:36am
The Rangers' injury list keeps growing. Sunday, they lost 2b Profar. Monday, they lost catcher Soto. Today, they announce Darvish won't start for the opener. Other 2 SP's Matt Harrison and Derek Holland are also out. Looks like 2nd year Martin Perez or Tanner Scheppers will have to pitch in the opener...yikes Dead

Hopefully the additions of Shin-Soo Choo, Prince Fielder, and Alex Rios will carry the team until players return from injury...
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2014 at 12:26pm
Rockies fans are just hoping Cargo and Tulo can play a full season without injury.

Working on getting invited to the 4/4 season home opener, a couple of our local clients have suites.  Coors Field suites are sweet.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by sideways99

Rockies fans are just hoping Cargo and Tulo can play a full season without injury.

Two really good players but are built like china-dolls! Hope they don't hold their breaths cuz it's automatic for one or both to go down at some point.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2014 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by lightning80

The Rangers' injury list keeps growing. Sunday, they lost 2b Profar. Monday, they lost catcher Soto. Today, they announce Darvish won't start for the opener. Other 2 SP's Matt Harrison and Derek Holland are also out. Looks like 2nd year Martin Perez or Tanner Scheppers will have to pitch in the opener...yikes Dead

Hopefully the additions of Shin-Soo Choo, Prince Fielder, and Alex Rios will carry the team until players return from injury...

I'm worried cuz I've got Darvish on my fantasy team. He's my first pick so crossing my fingers here that it's not serious.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Spenser W. View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Von44

Originally posted by sideways99

Two really good players but are built like china-dolls! Hope they don't hold their breaths cuz it's automatic for one or both to go down at some point.
]

+10000.

It will be a cold (mile high?) day in hell when Tulo goes an entire season without at least 1 DL stint.  Same with CarGon.  I really wanted them on my fantasy team, but why draft someone who's just going to be useless half of the year?

Anyway the Giants didn't do much today in the Bay Bridge Series.  The gf and I were thinking about going to the game, glad we didn't.

Just putting it out there, I'm really excited to have Tim Hudson on the team.  Not sure how anyone else feels.  I was a big Zito fan even through the bad times and I think Huddy is gonna be my replacement/new favorite Giant.  I'm sure like 3% of the bay area is on the same page as me.
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 12:02pm

Dodgers get 2 regular season wins in Austrailia and now they go back to spring training games? So weird.

very but I'll take it.

Looking forward to opening day tomorrow!  Well real opening day anyways.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 6:01pm
Jays/Mets game in Montreal looked good and made it exciting for the fans who lost their team 10 yrs ago. Honoured the late Gary Carter which was nice. But crazy to hear about a fan falling 15m from the stands while trying to start the wave. Kinda put a damper on the whole thing.
On a side note, Angels locked up Trout. And Miggy... well... he's just laughing all the way to the bank!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 10:22am
^ Crazy how teams keep making the same stupid decisions.  Who the hell is running these operations? It is like they are totally void of logic and just run on pure emotion.  Cabrera had two more years before his contract was up.  Why in the world would they do this.  As if he would be more valuable at 34 as compared to 32?  Even if he still puts up the crazy numbers of the last two years he will still be 34 and probably not command the money they gave him today for 10 years.

Did the Pujos contract not teach anything?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 7:17pm
^ haha that's exactly what I thought! Whatever the reason is, one things for sure, Detroit Tigers love to throw money around in a city that declared bankruptcy just last year.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 12:09pm
Opening day for most teams. Lets go Jays! we're due for a great year.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 6:05pm
....and Jose Reyes lasts one AB before leaving the game with a HAMSTRING injury.  Why did I draft him for my fantasy team again?  My gf had him on her team last year and I saw the struggle she went through with his injuries, and I SHOULD have known better.

Anyway, Giants season starts in less than an hour.  Is Bumgarner going to have a great outing to start the season?  How will Cain/Lincecum/Vogelsong bounce back after last year?  Will Huddy be the awesome veteran presence that I hope to see?  Will Morse add some pop in left field?  Will Marco Scutaro EVER play baseball again?  Will Pablo Sandoval keep the weight off this time? 

Not sure how I feel about the team this year, overall I think it'll be a good year but it's hard to say.  It was pretty funny watching B Wilson and the Dodgers fall apart last night vs the Padres (NL West upset alert?).
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 7:50pm
What a horrible start to the season! A 9-2 beating and lose Reyes 2 seconds in.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Software_Lax20 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 5:48am
Cardinals can never seem to get a strong infield. Someone is always prone to errors. This year, it's Wong. 2 simple plays in 1 inning. Get the glove down on the ground and don't think about turning 2 until you have the ball.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 7:04am
Thought the Giants were gonna lose last night. Awful game till the bats came alive. Posey going deep in the 9th FTW!!! Hell of a rally.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 10:20am
My phillies brought out the lumber yesterday, 14 runs... but then again they gave up 10... Jroll hit his 200th career homer, and it was a grand slam. Never thought pitching would be a concern in philly... 
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 10:30am
Originally posted by AJD13

My phillies brought out the lumber yesterday, 14 runs... but then again they gave up 10... Jroll hit his 200th career homer, and it was a grand slam. Never thought pitching would be a concern in philly... 

You guys have been spoiled for years ever since they upgraded with Halladay and Lee. That was the window of opportunity to win a WS with that rotation and they totally missed it.

Yet that's still better than trading away the farm for a bunch of broken parts like my Jays.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by AJD13

Your Phillies got to hit against a depleted Rangers pitching staff, that was starting Tanner Scheppers on opening day. You should be concerned because your ace Cliff Lee gave up 8 runs in 5 innings.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 5:56am
No comeback for the Giants yesterday. Now back to reality.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 9:37am
Rangers beat Phillies 3-2 with Martin Perez starting his 27th game in his career. Beating out AJ Burnett, who was starting his 371st game. LOL

Rangers will have 3rd year relief pitcher Robbie Ross start against Kyle Kendrick.

No Yu Darvish, no Colby Lewis, no Matt Harrison, and no Derek Holland...the Rangers are limping into the start of the season with 4 rotation starters out. Ron Washington's got his work cut out for him, using RPs as SPs until his rotation gets healthy...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 1:36pm
^ welcome to my world. The past two Jays seasons have been pretty much AAA rotation. Praying for healthy starters this year.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2014 at 5:46am
Giants win. Hudson with a shut out. F yeah!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2014 at 10:08am
The Rangers would like to thank Jonathan Papelbon for the epically blown save: 4 hits, 2 walks, 3 earned runs, including the game-winning walk w/ based loaded Clap. Rangers take the series 2-1, with a bunch of temp pitchers!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2014 at 2:40pm
I can't believe I'm even saying this but my Jays are looking to take the series against Tampa tonight. Winning in Tampa never happens. Buerhle was awesome. Hope Morrow can do the same.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2014 at 8:38pm
5 run rally in the 8th for the Giants. Got the win but Timmy didn't pitch good.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 4:38am
Jays still haven't won a series in Tampa in almost 7 years. Can't complain about a split though.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 6:19am
Cardinals comeback for a win. Too many close calls. I thought Lynn had blown the game again in the first. Never will believe in the guy. But he somehow walks away with the win since he's the only Cardinals pitcher who gets run support.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 9:25am
The Rocks are off to a wonderful 1-3 start.  At least Cuddyer is picking up where he left off last season, leading the team with a .412 BA and 4 RBI.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 12:26pm
Joe Saunders starting for the Rangers tonight...we'll just chalk this one up as a loss and move one...he wasn't good last year for Seattle..and this spring was worse...at least Darvish is coming back Sunday...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 5:14pm
Anyone else see that tanaka gave up a HR to the first hitter he faced in the majors? Pretty funny. Still think he'll probably be really good, although prob not $150 mil good
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 9:21pm
Giants beat up Ryu. And Vogelsong, u suck. Good thing Giants have a good bullpen.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Giants beat up Ryu. And Vogelsong, u suck. Good thing Giants have a good bullpen.

Hey now, at least vogey got it done with the bat today! 2 RBI base knock means he had room to give up some runs!
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2014 at 1:45am
I'm all for the instant replay but the reversed call on ichiro pretty much changed the game vs the Yankees. Oh well sheeit happens.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2014 at 10:01am

man that dude is fragile.

Puig saga continues as he is late for opening day at the Ravine and gets benched.  Seems like is maturing a bit through his responses however.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2014 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by shwazy

man that dude is fragile.

Puig saga continues as he is late for opening day at the Ravine and gets benched.  Seems like is maturing a bit through his responses however.
As long as he makes up for it with his play, I'm happy.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 2:54am
Giants win again. I'm liking our offense so far.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Giants win again. I'm liking our offense so far.

Dude I was in LA and so the gf and I got to go the game!! First time ever going to Dodger stadium. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, Bumgarner threw a gem, and Morse/Pablo/Posey all hit home runs. Couldn't really have asked for a better time!
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 1:50pm
Can't believe the Marlins are 5-2 sitting atop the NL East. Must be the Florida water.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 8:45pm
Damn. Cain got rocked today.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2014 at 6:51am
Cardinals offence is letting fans down. Especially when there's no run support for Wainwright. Hopefully another series against the Reds will help whip them in shape.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2014 at 9:17am
Yay! Yu Darvish is back. Shutout game yesterday Clap
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2014 at 6:47am
Home opener for the Giants today. People already hanging out in the area.
loowee2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote loowee2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2014 at 8:34am
i know, it's crazy how much people are into Opening Day.  It's gonna be nice tho,  supposed to get into the 70s!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2014 at 9:04am
Starting a series against the stros. These are gimmies. 
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2014 at 10:00am

Doesn't ANYBODY work!?

I'm just jealous I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on upper level tickets for a day game on a Tuesday just because it's the first (home) game of the season. On the bright side, I already saw them play in LA over the weekend, hahahaha.

My boy Huddy on the mound is gonna have a great year though!
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 92>