Skateboarding

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skateboarding
    Posted: Apr/14/2012 at 6:38am
Originally posted by Snowboardr13

I havent really skateboarded much over the past years, but im kinda getting back into mainly due to the fact that BMX is just to damn expensive
ahh skating is expensive too. Shoes and decks dont come easy.... 
I went through decks in less than a week when I skated everyday in the summer
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2012 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by batmanwest

And a little vid to start your day. One of my all time favorite skaters, Arto Saari. This vid is OLD, from the Flip Skateboard video "Sorry".
that makes me feel old and i'm only 23.  i remember vividly when sorry was coming out and it was after i had been skating for a long time.  i guess starting when you're 4 will do that..
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2012 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by spenser

And a little vid to start your day. One of my all time favorite skaters, Arto Saari. This vid is OLD, from the Flip Skateboard video "Sorry".
that makes me feel old and i'm only 23.  i remember vividly when sorry was coming out and it was after i had been skating for a long time.  i guess starting when you're 4 will do that..

LOL My bad dude. If it makes you feel any better I was in high school when that shit came out.

That video was rad though. Some heavy, heavy hitters on that roster. Really wish this would of been landed for the video though...
While Ali was a sloppy, drunk ass dude, still love his crazy style. Oh the pissdrunks. What a weird group of people. Anyone remember them from the old bakers vids?

luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
New 2012 setup for outerwear

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2012 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by spenser

LOL My bad dude. If it makes you feel any better I was in high school when that shit came out.

That video was rad though. Some heavy, heavy hitters on that roster. Really wish this would of been landed for the video though...
While Ali was a sloppy, drunk ass dude, still love his crazy style. Oh the pissdrunks. What a weird group of people. Anyone remember them from the old bakers vids?

I remember seeing that video. that guy landed so heavy! I really wish like you said that he would have landed it. that would have been a banger no doubt.
11 Dc lauri pro tone, 11 Rome s90 bindings

Check out www.wonsnow.com
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2012 at 6:36pm
LOL!  He said, "brings back memories" and he's 15 years old.  HOLY SMACK!  

I think I was 12 or 13 when I STARTED skating, and that's back when it was practically illegal to skate anywhere.  Bake when Rodney Mullen and Mike Vallely still skated for World Industries:

My current deck is a Mike V lightning bolt when he skated for Black Label with darkstar 52 wheels and grind king trucks.  Setup must be 10 years old, because I think I got it before I got married.  I will pick up a new Blank from www.blankdecks.com when I pick one up for my 7 year old boy.  $50 completes.  

But my all time favorite rider is probably Daewon Song...us Koreans gotta stick together!  Cool thing is, he's still going strong today.  This vid is from last month:

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2012 at 9:44am
Originally posted by MrMeaty

LOL!  He said, "brings back memories" and he's 15 years old.  HOLY SMACK!  

I think I was 12 or 13 when I STARTED skating, and that's back when it was practically illegal to skate anywhere.  Bake when Rodney Mullen and Mike Vallely still skated for World Industries:

My current deck is a Mike V lightning bolt when he skated for Black Label with darkstar 52 wheels and grind king trucks.  Setup must be 10 years old, because I think I got it before I got married.  I will pick up a new Blank from www.blankdecks.com when I pick one up for my 7 year old boy.  $50 completes.  

But my all time favorite rider is probably Daewon Song...us Koreans gotta stick together!  Cool thing is, he's still going strong today.  This vid is from last month:

Hahah well skating does bring back memories for me. Life is short so i just like looking back on memories that i have.

ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2012 at 11:19am
Just gripped up a fresh Rasa Libre and popped on some fresh VXB ceramic bearings. I'm ready for this rain to go away and get my skate on!
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2012 at 12:00pm
@ MrMeaty-  there's some $50 completes on ebay too.  Moose.  Mines been okay.  I got an old school shape (a more square tail, pointy nose, quess it'd be a skate equivilant to a directional twinConfused?) that reminds me of my first Santa Cruz everslick (the old Kendall with Vanilla Ice in a guillotine).  The board has been straight, decent wheels, okay bearings, but the trucks aren't very grind-able.  Or it could be my old ass just can't grind anymore (ah, to be 20 years younger).

Anyhow, long story short, just to get riding a $50 complete ain't too bad a deal.  When I fell in the pool a few weeks back that was to no fault of the boardOuch 

I wish my foot would get better.  It's still too sore to push off.

And I wish I could figure out what I did with my old kendall, I loved this graphic.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2012 at 12:44pm
My favorite deck was the H-Street Matt Hensley model.  It had the double holes in the front so you could choose a wider wheelbase or a longer nose:

'10 Sierra Stunt - '11 Rossignol One Mag - '11 Rome Targa - '12 Forum Shaka - '11 K2 Maysis - '12 Ride Hi-Phy
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 5:59am
funny that I should find this, i just bought a set-up to screw around on this summer yesterday.  just a blank with nothing going on.  my first deck since the mid-90's.  

-zakk

luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 12:02pm
^Hahaha thats awesome! Tell us how the expierence of how it was riding it again!

TTowncrazy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Keystone 2012

Quote TTowncrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 12:06pm
I haven't skated in about 4 years and I got out my board today, it was pitiful at first but I landed a kick flip and I'm super proud of myself!!!!
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by TTowncrazy

I haven't skated in about 4 years and I got out my board today, it was pitiful at first but I landed a kick flip and I'm super proud of myself!!!!
Hahaha i love that feeling. Not skating for a while and landing a trick that a lot of people try to do but cant do.

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by luv2shred

^Hahaha thats awesome! Tell us how the expierence of how it was riding it again!

it was just like riding a bike, threw the board down and just started to mess around.  I was never good at ollies as a kid, so getting those back were/is tough.  i got a few tiny ones in after about an hour.  

excited to have something to mess around on this summer and enjoy, I'll report back my progress or lack there of LOL
-zakk

onetwo77 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote onetwo77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 2:03pm
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 2:57pm
^ Rich people now a days! But Zakk that sounds like a lot of fun! Keep on shredding! Wink

bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 4:29pm
^onetwo66 - What kind of skate board is that or is it one of those new boards that allow you to street carve, I'm considering getting a freebord with the 2 extra wheels but kind of in between decisions getting that or a longboard.
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2012 at 5:56pm
I receive my first long board today and man, I suck at skateboarding. I have to get use to it but it isn't to bad. I need to learn how to stop lol.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 4:52am
Yeah, I tried skating again the other day and was racing my son down this little incline...apperently I'm way more comfortable going way faster on a snowboard then on a skateboard.  sketchy speed wobbles like a mo fo!
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 5:23am
^^ That's great Meaty.  I feel the same way.  When I got on a longboard a few years ago I thought "Cool", but then I got going like 30 mph and really wanted the give of snow just in case I couldn't hold on. 

A few weeks ago when I busted my face and ankle in the pool I did the same body motions I do for a stall on my snowboard, doesn't translate the same on wheels.   Going into the wall I knew I was going too fast for my comfort, fast enough I wasn't sure if I'd get more hurt bailing or just hitting the wall like I did.  I used to be so comfy on a skateboard, but that was 20 years ago.  Damn this getting old crapThumbs Down
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 11:59am
Originally posted by bootleg

^onetwo66 - What kind of skate board is that or is it one of those new boards that allow you to street carve, I'm considering getting a freebord with the 2 extra wheels but kind of in between decisions getting that or a longboard.

There's a lot of different styles of longboard out there.  I kind of wish I would have known a little more when I bought mine.   I like the style onetwo66 has there.  The board is just slightly lower with they way it mounts. It's built for speed.  The one I have is just for cruising.  Which is cool, but I like going downhill. 
You can pick up a decent longboard for like half what a freebord costs.  The freebord does look so sick though.  Instead of getting myself a new longboard, my next ride will be a freebord. 
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 12:36pm
I was longboarding with my buddy and he fell so hard. He got staples on his head to heal the wound. He was fine tho, he got up like a champ.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by snowj720

There's a lot of different styles of longboard out there. I kind of wish I would have known a little more when I bought mine.   I like the style onetwo66 has there. The board is just slightly lower with they way it mounts. It's built for speed. The one I have is just for cruising. Which is cool, but I like going downhill.
You can pick up a decent longboard for like half what a freebord costs. The freebord does look so sick though. Instead of getting myself a new longboard, my next ride will be a freebord.

Yeah I'm just getting into longboarding but i just want something to carve but not with soo much speed, I just can't see myself speeding on concrete & would like to keep/prevent injuries to a minimum.I just want to find something i can cruise from the streets to the beach but i would like it to be a smooth ride not rigged like riding a skateboard.What would be easier to ride the free board or longboard any advice would be appreciated.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 3:36pm
personally i would suggest a cruiser board.  something like a krooked zigzagger (larger than the zipzinger) and tons of other cruiser boards out there.  they're usually the same length and concave as a normal deck, but a little wider and cut in a fun shape.  you still have your nose and tail kicks and the short length for ollies, quicker maneuvers, easier to carry around, etc, but you have the smooth ride and cruiser feel of a longboard with the larger softer wheels.  i usually ride 8" indy high trucks on mine with 62mm 78A wheels and love it.  pretty much the only reason i ride skateboards anymore.

kinda sounds like what you're looking for.. an inbetween of a skateboard and longboard, something more maneuverable and fun but still smooth and cruisy.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 4:15pm
Krooked zingers are so sketchy when bombing a hill! I found that out the hard way! LOL

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 4:55pm
the zingers are cause they're tiny, but the zaggers are the larger model and they're great.  still not the same as bombing on a longboard, but if you can skate half decent and aren't afraid of speed, no issues.  can't wait to start cruising around...
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 6:38pm
finally getting my ollies down!  standing still, but getting some good snap.  already my shoes are getting a huge raw spot from all the practice!  

-zakk

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 6:45pm
learning ollies without moving is only going to set you back - one of the biggest mistakes i constantly see people making while learning.  you're training your muscles to do it without forward momentum, so when you start trying them while moving, you're thrown off and more or less have to re-teach your legs what to do.  always practice while moving, even if it's fairly slow.  it will help you in the long run...
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 3:44am
Originally posted by bootleg

There's a lot of different styles of longboard out there. I kind of wish I would have known a little more when I bought mine.   I like the style onetwo66 has there. The board is just slightly lower with they way it mounts. It's built for speed. The one I have is just for cruising. Which is cool, but I like going downhill.
You can pick up a decent longboard for like half what a freebord costs. The freebord does look so sick though. Instead of getting myself a new longboard, my next ride will be a freebord.

Yeah I'm just getting into longboarding but i just want something to carve but not with soo much speed, I just can't see myself speeding on concrete & would like to keep/prevent injuries to a minimum.I just want to find something i can cruise from the streets to the beach but i would like it to be a smooth ride not rigged like riding a skateboard.What would be easier to ride the free board or longboard any advice would be appreciated.

I agree with spenser on the cruiser.  Those do have a softer feel than your average street/park board setup.  They'd be good for just kicking around.  But they are good for getting a little tricky on (see youtube for ppl getting wild on longboards and cruisers, it's impressive).
 I only ever get to use my longboard on hills.  It's a pintail, like 40ish" length, super flexy soft.  It's kind of a lot of board to ride on just flat. 

As far as the freebord or longboard being easier.  I'd say if you're comfortable riding a regular skateboard and snowboarding then try the freebord.  I wish I would have just gotten one of those instead of even getting a longboard.  I haven't got to try the freebord yet, it looks like exactly what I need, but there might be a learning curve.  I'm thinkin' a helmet is a must. 
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 5:10am
Yup.  I remember trying to learn to olllie with my wheels in a crack, and it would push my board back everytime I ollied.  Even moving forward super slow made the ollie motion feel more natural and translate better into a real ollie.  

But I'm thinking when I get my son a street deck, I might pick myself up a cruiser.  Time to start doing research...
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 5:58am
welp, tonight I'll have to work on it with a slow roll.  I don't know if its "hurt" me to learn it still, I seriously would have racked myself as I had zero idea what went into it.  

after about a dozen youtube videos and messing around with my feet and practice I have some idea of what to do.  i can still only land them about 1/3 of the time, but its a process....

-zakk

luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2012 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by zakk

welp, tonight I'll have to work on it with a slow roll.  I don't know if its "hurt" me to learn it still, I seriously would have racked myself as I had zero idea what went into it.  

after about a dozen youtube videos and messing around with my feet and practice I have some idea of what to do.  i can still only land them about 1/3 of the time, but its a process....

See this is what i like, full grown men getting back to skateboarding! Just love it!

bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2012 at 7:21pm

As far as the freebord or longboard being easier. I'd say if you're comfortable riding a regular skateboard and snowboarding then try the freebord. I wish I would have just gotten one of those instead of even getting a longboard. I haven't got to try the freebord yet, it looks like exactly what I need, but there might be a learning curve. I'm thinkin' a helmet is a must.

I'm a little more confident riding both but not certain about having my feet bind in on a freebord,which ill likely get a long board first and see where it goes from there,the freebord looks way suited for more aggressive /advance riders than a beginner such like me. if you all say the longboard is half what a freebord is I'm going to look around for a good deal ,the whole protection gear is a good idea,ill probably invest into a bucket and some knee pads.
MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 4:47am
man...youtube didn't even EXIST when I used to skate!  Your only option was to befriend and ride with guys better then yourself so you could learn from them.  

Not sure if the difference is the time, the place, or the sport, but when I was a kid skateboarding, the bigger/better kids were always so eager to help out the "noobs" to show us how to skate so we would get better.  Now, snowboarding, the guys that are good just rag on noobs and make fun of them for not knowing what they are doing...I've even seen it on these forums.  
What's up with that?  
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 4:53am
I have a freebord for sale if anyone is interested. I bought it last summer and really just dont have a ton of time to ride it. It has only been used maybe ten times and I never really figured out sliding to the wheels are still really good. I was thinking 130 shipped unless you are in the Milwaukee area then we could work out a different price

PM me if you would like pics
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 6:42am
Its official:  Ollies whilst moving is even easier.  my percentage hasn't gone up, but landings and rolling away are much better.  feels much more stable as well, oddly.  

didn't skate last night, I was gassed after 65 degees on the mountain riding the park all day.  i'm actually looking forward to getting home and skating tonight
-zakk

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 10:48am
@scuddera-  What size is your fb?  Is it the bamboo?  What model?

@zakk- Thumbs Up  Right on!  And the more you do them the easier they should become.  I used to practice ollies in front of my folks for hours (we didn't have parks back then).  Eventually I could ollie a wagon.  Which for me was alright. 
Totally understand the being zapped after a day riding.  Last summer I kept telling myself I go skate after I went out wakeboarding.  Somehow that never happenedBig smile   Although this summer I'm want to do a modified trifecta (snow, skate, wake).   But I might need to get in some slightly better shape for that one. 

@mrmeaty-  do you think all the people that used to bootleg concerts were totally pissed to see youtube come about?  I'm old too and my only link to other skaters back in the day (other than the like 3 guys I knew) was Thrasher and Transworld.  It was the first issue of Transworld Snowboarding that introduced me to snowboarding.   And I saw it next to the Thrasher at the shelf of the local bookstore (not Borders or Barnes or whatever).  Ah, the good old days, huh meaty?LOL

@bootleg- wrist guards too
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 11:23am
its last years version of this in 80cm. Though it is an all bamboo deck not a mix

http://www.freebordstore.com/bobaseco.html
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 12:13pm
Damn, I need the 85 or I'd be all over it. 
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by scuddera

I have a freebord for sale if anyone is interested. I bought it last summer and really just dont have a ton of time to ride it. It has only been used maybe ten times and I never really figured out sliding to the wheels are still really good. I was thinking 130 shipped unless you are in the Milwaukee area then we could work out a different price

PM me if you would like pics
Ohhhh man! Why couldnt you have said this like a week ago! I spent all of my money all ready! Cry

scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 1:26pm
Make some more and come talk to me. I need so cash asap. Im selling everything I dont use that much anymore. I know its for another thread but I have 2 motoorcycle jackets and a helmet as well. if you know anyone PM me
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by zakk

Its official:  Ollies whilst moving is even easier.  my percentage hasn't gone up, but landings and rolling away are much better.  feels much more stable as well, oddly.  

told ya, haha.  it's just that little bit of forward momentum.  much easier to slip out to one side or the other if you land on a board that's not moving.. like a mom who thought she could skate, steps on, and the board instantly shoots out and she hits the ground.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 6:54pm
Why did i just buy a new set of wheels? I dont even need them! Angry

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 11:32am
^^set them aside until you do need wheels.  Then you were just planning ahead.  I didn't need to buy 4 pair of flip flops last year, but I'll be set for the next 10 years.  

If you can't just sit on wheels without using them......you might have to add some new trucks and a board to those wheelsBig smile
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 11:43am

Why did i just buy a new set of wheels? I dont even need them!

Haha. I actually don't need any wheels but bought 4 sets of Ricta Chrome cores. They were literally $5 a set. So figured I can save these and maybe even sell a set or two to make lil extra cash.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 4:29am
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Why did i just buy a new set of wheels? I dont even need them!

Haha. I actually don't need any wheels but bought 4 sets of Ricta Chrome cores. They were literally $5 a set. So figured I can save these and maybe even sell a set or two to make lil extra cash.
Thats a really good bargin. I payed 30 for a set plus 30 for bearings even though i dont need them. Ahh im still mad. I need the money.

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 6:21am
Damn ctRon, that's a damn good deal.  Where the hell you find a set of wheels for $5?

What kind of bearings did you get luv2shred?  $30?  Damn bearings have gotten more expensive than back in my day.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 7:14am
I got bones ceramics. They cost around anywhere $70-90. They were the last pair so i got it for cheaper and my friend works at this shop so he bought it with his employee discount.

MrMeaty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote MrMeaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 8:21am
Are those bones ceramics for longboard wheels?  I just can't see spending $70-$90 for street bearings.  
When I skated all the time we would get the cheapest bearings we could get because they would always get waterlogged and rusted cause it rained so much in the Philippines where I was.  
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 12:14pm
@snowj, got them at this site called whiskeymilitia. when you sign up there, they have deals that are considered private stash and only members can see those deals. the wheels are no longer available though. only had 300 sets at the time.

Oh and for you guys looking into those bones ceramics bearings, check out VXB ceramic bearings with built in spacers. they're really good and only cost $30 and are just as good as the bones ceramics. And Mrmeaty, these bearings are great for longboards. A lot of longboarders actually like using these from what I've heard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>