Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 7891011>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Online Status: Offline
  Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skateboarding
    Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 3:16pm
you gotta go at it like doing a bs 50-50 but let your front truck rotate farther than normal and bend your back knee, sort of pushing the board out in front of you. I wish I could do them like rune glifberg, he can stay in a back smith for so long.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2012 at 8:30pm
I would love the new skatepark that is in front of my house if it wasnt filled with 3 year old kids learning to push... in the park. there is a perfectly good sidewalk right next to the park. lol
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 9:23am
yeah it can be a bit of a hassle when kids are pushing around kinda getting in the way, but everyone has to start somewhere.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 10:02am
Originally posted by spenser

my good friend ryan cortes is living in spain right now and just put together this video that he filmed, only at famous spots.... damn.  i'm a big fan of ryan's video style, but maybe it's because i know him.  either way..

Dang that is impressive.  Ollieing 5 times in a row at 1:17 to go UP the stairs is something I've never seen before.
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2012 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

I would love the new skatepark that is in front of my house if it wasnt filled with 3 year old kids learning to push... in the park. there is a perfectly good sidewalk right next to the park. lol

at my local park these lil kids with bikes just circle around the park. they dont mind anyone elses turn. I know they are kids but its annoying
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 1:45pm
we have a few parks near me and I just get there early so I'm out of everyone's way and have plenty of room.  get there around 8am, gassed by 10:30 when they are all arriving.  it's perfect.  
-zakk

Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 4:48pm
That's what i do with a lot of the parks near me. you get there early it's pretty much empty, especially when school gets back in session.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 5:18pm
^That's the way I was doing it, now my work schedule is monday-friday.  Nice to be on a normal schedule, but man it sucks for skating.  And snowboarding is going to be rough too since I used to go during the week.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by luv2shred

Nice better than i can do. I havent skated in like a month and its killing me. But i have to concentrate on one sport at a time. 
I know what you're saying.  Last summer I started skating again.  Not a lot, but enough to start feeling good on a board again.  But when it got close enough to snow season I decided I should focus on that and not skate anymore for the season to try to avoid the potential of getting hurt.  I love skating, I'm just not that good.  I'd be fired up if I couldn't snowboard due to a skate injury.
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 4:03am
I keep coming across skateboarding gifs so I want to share them.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 5:50am
^That makes me wish I could skate vert ramps...so siick
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by zakk

we have a few parks near me and I just get there early so I'm out of everyone's way and have plenty of room.  get there around 8am, gassed by 10:30 when they are all arriving.  it's perfect.  

I've got to try getting to the park when there's not anybody else around too.  It's not a good option waking up early though... are parks typically busy at night once the lights come on?  Like from 8 till 10pm?
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 12:01pm
I dont enjoy skating early in the morning. Its all frosty and my fingers feel like they are going to fall off. If you bail, it hurts so much more too.
rideclaps802 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 12:43pm

I dont enjoy skating early in the morning. Its all frosty and my fingers feel like they are going to fall off. If you bail, it hurts so much more too.

then why do it? hahaha
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 3:22pm

I can't skate early either. For some reason I tend to do a lot better in the middle to late in the day. Seems like that's when my muscles feel nice n loose, warmed up and ready to go.  
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 3:28pm
I like skating in the mornings and late in the evening in the summer because its cool out.

But spring and fall I shred anytime past 2pm haha. I need my sleep.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by thisisjoebro

I like skating in the mornings and late in the evening in the summer because its cool out.

Yeah, skating during the day in the summer can be brutalllllll.  I hate it when you go out and skate for 5 mins and you already get drenched with sweat. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Yeah, skating during the day in the summer can be brutalllllll.  I hate it when you go out and skate for 5 mins and you already get drenched with sweat. 

Yeah its that way here for me. Ohio is way to humid during the summer. When you sweat, it stays on you and doesn't dry out.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 11:24pm
Took a video on my phone in 1080p and then was able to take pics from that video. Which is a sweet feature on my phone. Only thing that sucks is it's 30 fps and not 60. Had it been 60, these pics probably would have turned out better.  Anyway, got a frame by frame type picture of me doing a 360 flip. First try that day too. Eventually plan on trying to put together a short skate video only using my phone camera.

ShredDatPow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredDatPow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 2:59am

Took a video on my phone in 1080p and then was able to take pics from that video. Which is a sweet feature on my phone. Only thing that sucks is it's 30 fps and not 60. Had it been 60, these pics probably would have turned out better.  Anyway, got a frame by frame type picture of me doing a 360 flip. First try that day too. Eventually plan on trying to put together a short skate video only using my phone camera.

That's pretty clean I would have to say. I haven't picked up my board since I smashed my face 2 months ago trying to kickflip down a 4-stair.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 8:35am
I've never been able to do treflips. pretty much every single skater I know can treflip except for me. And I've been skating for 3 years.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2012 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by ShredDatPow

That's pretty clean I would have to say. I haven't picked up my board since I smashed my face 2 months ago trying to kickflip down a 4-stair.

Thanks. Sounds brutal. Did you smash your face up that bad that you're scared to get back on the board?
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 8:01am
Riding rattlesnake mountain skatepark after work today.  It'll be my first time there and it's HUGE so I can't wait to check it out.
ajsnowboards View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ajsnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2012 at 11:44am
skating and snowboard go well together as they both improve your balance and coordination
716Clothing View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
716 CLOTHING!

Quote 716Clothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 1:03pm
I started when I was around 8 years old, I am 22 now... I don't really skateboard much anymore, been that way for the past 4-5 years now. I have actually been thinking about getting back into it though!
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
716 CLOTHING!

Quote 716Clothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by 716Clothing

I started when I was around 8 years old, I am 22 now... I don't really skateboard much anymore, been that way for the past 4-5 years now. I have actually been thinking about getting back into it though!

Nice sequence!
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
716 CLOTHING!

Quote 716Clothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by 716Clothing

[QUOTE=716Clothing] I started when I was around 8 years old, I am 22 now... I don't really skateboard much anymore, been that way for the past 4-5 years now. I have actually been thinking about getting back into it though!

Nice sequence!
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 8:50am
Originally posted by robnezz23

Riding rattlesnake mountain skatepark after work today.  It'll be my first time there and it's HUGE so I can't wait to check it out.

1 screenshot from the short video my bro took of me.  Only my second day skating but I feel like I'm progressing well.  I was super stoked to be able to ride this small bowl thing, I was just going back and forth, rolling to fakie and then back again.  I finally got the momentum and speed to be able to "pump" the transition.  What a good feeling that is.  Maybe next time will be kickturns or axle stall.  I can only hope.

gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 10:20am
Very Cool!
Keep it up.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 11:18am
I've wanted to get into skateboarding but I started longboarding instead. Maybe next year I'll finally give skateboarding a shot.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2012 at 7:11pm

1 screenshot from the short video my bro took of me.  Only my second day skating but I feel like I'm progressing well.  I was super stoked to be able to ride this small bowl thing, I was just going back and forth, rolling to fakie and then back again.  I finally got the momentum and speed to be able to "pump" the transition.  What a good feeling that is.  Maybe next time will be kickturns or axle stall.  I can only hope.

looks like a really fun park. Is that a full pipe in the back?
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 8:46am
No, not a full pipe, but another bowl/pool area.  There are 4 different sizes of pools, and the one in the background actually has tiles and some serious vert on it.  There were some kids rippin in there too, pretty impressive.  Overall the skate park is some 40,000 sq ft. so there are plenty of features for everyone. I would say its my new favorite hobby... 1) it's cheaper than snowboarding (no season pass necessary) 2) you can do it pretty much all year as long as it's not raining/snowing/hailing etc...  and 3) it is more difficult than snowboarding b/c the board is not attached to my feet.  So I'm hoping it will improve my snowboarding skills as a result.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 10:53pm
I would love to have a nice bowl like that around me so I can learn to ride them. It looks so awesome. 
What I got around me are ramps and regular transition which is still fun but you cant flow as well.
nots0kind View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
wattup box

Quote nots0kind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 11:50pm
ive never gotten the chance to ride a halfpipe on the mountain is it about the same as riding one ona skateboard?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by motoxninja80

I've never been able to do treflips. pretty much every single skater I know can treflip except for me. And I've been skating for 3 years.
three years isn't shit. i've been skating for 20 years (blows my mind every time i realize that) and haven't even tried to land one.  i guess that's just me, but still.  three years is short.  besides, sure you could learn to land tricks, but the mots important part comes either 100% naturally or it takes way longer to develop that the time it takes to learn new tricks.

internet high five to the first person who knows which important part i'm talking about.

edit: as far as the key to tres... it's all in the back foot scoop.  you can almost do one without even using your fron't foot.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2012 at 7:29am
Originally posted by spenser

Originally posted by motoxninja80

three years isn't shit. i've been skating for 20 years (blows my mind every time i realize that) and haven't even tried to land one.  i guess that's just me, but still.  three years is short.  besides, sure you could learn to land tricks, but the mots important part comes either 100% naturally or it takes way longer to develop that the time it takes to learn new tricks.
internet high five to the first person who knows which important part i'm talking about.
edit: as far as the key to tres... it's all in the back foot scoop.  you can almost do one without even using your fron't foot.

Yeah I understand. at the same time I also have never had a big desire to learn the trick, I think mainly because I like skating bowls and transition more.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 3:23pm
Ive been skating for about 5 years and I can do tres but I dont have them consistently. I really dont care about treflips too much to want to have them down. I can nollie tre everytime though. But thats because I love nollie tricks.
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 1:19pm

Ive been skating for about 5 years and I can do tres but I dont have them consistently. I really dont care about treflips too much to want to have them down. I can nollie tre everytime though. But thats because I love nollie tricks.

I am the exact opposite haha
I get treflips 10/10. eyes closed.
but nollie tres are SOOO hard for me to land. Ill admit, nollie tres are way cooler than regular tres.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 7:07pm

but nollie tres are SOOO hard for me to land. Ill admit, nollie tres are way cooler than regular tres.

Nollie tres felt really awkward and unnatural when I first learned them. I just did it so often that it feels great now.

But tres just feel like it takes way too much effort for me. 
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2012 at 4:51am

Nollie tres felt really awkward and unnatural when I first learned them. I just did it so often that it feels great now.
But tres just feel like it takes way too much effort for me. 

that's how I feel about tres too, I feel like i'm using all my strength to scoop the board around
mao mao View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mao mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 5:12am
I've got a pretty awful scar on my right elbow from a fall I took back when I use to skateboard.  I still wince when I think about the doctor in the emergency room triming the skin around the wound with scissors.
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by mao mao

I've got a pretty awful scar on my right elbow from a fall I took back when I use to skateboard.  I still wince when I think about the doctor in the emergency room triming the skin around the wound with scissors.

I have the same thing. but I was the one doing the trimming with my other hand..
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 3:51am
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 11:41am
Originally posted by woodhomie1996

That was awesome. Simply awesome...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 7:48pm
Thats funny its a varial. I never see people do varials anymore except for lil kids. But that was really cool.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2012 at 6:57am

Thats funny its a varial. I never see people do varials anymore except for lil kids. But that was really cool.
why bother doing a varial when you can treflip?!?!?!? haha
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 11:32am
Ahhhh, Pretty Sweet is out and I have yet to watch it. If anyone finds a link to watch it streaming, let me know. I really don't want to buy it on itunes then buy the hard copy again. 
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 12:51pm

Ahhhh, Pretty Sweet is out and I have yet to watch it. If anyone finds a link to watch it streaming, let me know. I really don't want to buy it on itunes then buy the hard copy again. 

Yeah same, It looks so good. and my itunes player is messed up, I bought the nyjah houston rise and shine, and the almost video that recently came out, and i can't even watch them anymore
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 7:26pm
The new Baker video is out. I didn't know Riley Hawk, Tony Hawk's son, rode for them and was surprised. 
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2012 at 8:12pm
Looking some old stuff of mine i found my old alien workshop board from the late nineties, haha. Needless to say i was stoked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>