Skateboarding

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 91011

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skateboarding
    Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 3:57pm
Cool Spencer...thanks for all the detail :)
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2013 at 7:59pm
our new shop decks came in today.  we had a tattoo artist friend draw up the graphic and then had it all finalized.. turned out super sick, way better in person too.  alaska native wolf theme... pumped.  now we just need to get cruisers for me...

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2013 at 7:06pm
boards are $45 and if anyone wants one, we can work something out. I'm stoked on this graphic.

bwayne413 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote bwayne413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by spenser

boards are $45 and if anyone wants one, we can work something out. I'm stoked on this graphic.

You should be stoked man, that graphic is pretty sick
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2013 at 9:30am
Any collectors on these forums?
After months of waiting, this finally came in the mail yesterday....
I break balls.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2013 at 10:14pm
one of the best local talents skating our park last summer and the summer before. this is a re-edit of his footage

julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 11:42am
C4- your new deck looks really racist. Like the OLD racism in the 40's and 50's depicting black people with accentuated features. You got a poor black dude, in tattered clothes, sleeping while not working (his hoe is resting next to him), in a watermelon field, after eating watermelon, dreaming of fried chicken. I like Spencer's shop deck graphic much better. There's a sense of pride in the Alaskan Native Wolf theme. Your deck seems to perpetuate harmful and hurtful stereotypes. I'll be honest. I have but only a few black friends, but I'd be embarassed to have that deck in my house. Collectors item or not.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 11:46am
But not only that, you have him dreaming about a chicken drumstick too.  LOL  But one thing that I've never understood about skateboard decks is that it's gonna get scratched up anyways unlike snowboard decks where the graphic is on the top so does it really even matter what your deck's design is?  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by C4

Any collectors on these forums?
After months of waiting, this finally came in the mail yesterday....

Nice find ,where can i get one of these? probably want to start a collection of my own.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 9:57pm
one of the photos from a short session with max earlier today.  I almost want to say I like shooting skate photos more than snow photos.. it's close.  I need to get a flash kit some time though... the park is so dim that it's hard to get quality images a lot of the time, so it gets grainy.

adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 11:44am
Spencer_This fisheye ? do you have a 35mm f1.2 or 50mm 1.4 ?

Is there a ramp on the right ? Shocked 
Fear is the Mind Killer
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 11:50am
it's an 8mm 3.5 fisheye, nothing fancy

there is a ramp on the right that goes flush against the wall
movesmusic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by julius77

C4- your new deck looks really racist. Like the OLD racism in the 40's and 50's depicting black people with accentuated features. You got a poor black dude, in tattered clothes, sleeping while not working (his hoe is resting next to him), in a watermelon field, after eating watermelon, dreaming of fried chicken. I like Spencer's shop deck graphic much better. There's a sense of pride in the Alaskan Native Wolf theme. Your deck seems to perpetuate harmful and hurtful stereotypes. I'll be honest. I have but only a few black friends, but I'd be embarassed to have that deck in my house. Collectors item or not.

This is the deck of Jovontae Turner, a black professional skater.  It was his concept.  Very often art is not meant o be taken seriously and in some way, it should always be striking.  It certainly made its impression on you.  Rocco was always breaking boundaries with WI and I dig that about him.

Board to death.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 10:13am
damn julius really got butt hurt about that deck haha. lighten up there skippy.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2013 at 6:58am
humpday heels 

Board to death.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 8:04pm
sick!  lofty, and good style.

gone out on the cruiser a few times recently... I miss it and want to do it more.  I got my girlfriend a little cruiser last year and we wen out the road and skated for a while the other day.. super fun.  she's stoked on it, and can actually push and ride and turn and all that.. I'm glad we can do that together, otherwise I wouldn't get to do it much haha.

made a flyer for one of our upcoming events with a photo that my friend mark took of one of our shop riders' huge fs nosebone.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2013 at 7:30am
Nice Spenser.  I'm shooting a bowl contest Saturday.  I'll have to post some pics...
Board to death.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 4:24am
This is a local 12 yr old kid who rips tranny.

Board to death.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2013 at 4:20pm
Who saw the video for Bob burnquist's "dreamland"? that was just nuts. Every single trick he did was insane
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2013 at 9:02am
I remember watching Bob Burnquist back when I was in elementary school...damn we're all old now.  LOL  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Grinch View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Grinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2013 at 4:56pm
I feel the same way. I remember watching bucky and bob back the. it's crazy that they are still riding and winning gold medals.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 7:54am

Board to death.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 9:48am
Watch the new Emerica video and be happy.
Board to death.
Force136 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Force136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2013 at 5:52am
I ride a enjoi board with indie trucks
Favourite skater: Chris Haslam
Owen15 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Owen15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2013 at 12:27pm
I ride a 8.0 baker board with 7.75 independent trucks, bones 100's wheels size 51mm and I ride mini logo bearings

Favourite Skater is Louie Barletta
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2013 at 3:13am
some flat ground action. fake big flip 

ChiTown = CHICAGO
punitallstar3 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
sunglass display i made at work

Quote punitallstar3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2013 at 5:37am
favorite set up:
-7.75 Habitat deck
-7.75 Phantom II trux
-53 Spitfire wheels
-Lucky 7 bearings
-Black Magic tape

CHECKMATE!
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2013 at 9:38am
@ChiTownRon sick picture. once you get fake tres down. Try fake 540 big flips. Super fun and awesome looking!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2013 at 6:13am
Originally posted by humblerooster

@ChiTownRon sick picture. once you get fake tres down. Try fake 540 big flips. Super fun and awesome looking!

Thanks man. That was the first time I was putting my camera to use although my friend took the picture.  And definitely agree on fakie 540 big flips looking awesome. I only landed a couple of them in my lifetime of skating.  I used to have my 540 flips down a little better, they weren't consistent but did land em every now and then when I tried. Once I realized I had to put my front foot so much lower on the board compared to 360 flips, they started getting the full rotation better but man do you have to get pop for those to fully rotate!  Haven't skated in a while so I know I lost em haha. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Thanks man. That was the first time I was putting my camera to use although my friend took the picture.  And definitely agree on fakie 540 big flips looking awesome. I only landed a couple of them in my lifetime of skating.  I used to have my 540 flips down a little better, they weren't consistent but did land em every now and then when I tried. Once I realized I had to put my front foot so much lower on the board compared to 360 flips, they started getting the full rotation better but man do you have to get pop for those to fully rotate!  Haven't skated in a while so I know I lost em haha. 

Yeah, the pop has to be there for sure. People freak out when the see the board flipping and spinning like crazy and then I land and roll away. Haha Good times.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2013 at 9:12am

Yeah, the pop has to be there for sure. People freak out when the see the board flipping and spinning like crazy and then I land and roll away. Haha Good times.

For sure! Probably one of the best things about that trick, is majority of skaters don't try em enough to have it in their arsenal, so it definitely is a head turner if you can land em. Talk about steeze! 

And on a side note, I'm so glad I got into snowboarding 3 seasons ago. Now that it's winter I can actually still look forward to riding one way or another. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
bwen View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2014 at 2:51am
I found that snowboarding really took a toll on my skateboarding (not sure why) but I found an even ground and picked up longboarding instead which I now love and find that both longboarding and snowboarding skills have improved.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2014 at 8:01am
Originally posted by bwen

I found that snowboarding really took a toll on my skateboarding (not sure why) but I found an even ground and picked up longboarding instead which I now love and find that both longboarding and snowboarding skills have improved.

Really? I found it improved my skateboarding. It was something I could do in the offseason. Kept my balance and coordination up throughout the summer.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2014 at 8:36am

I sometimes wish Chicago has some serious hills to bomb but we don't so I don't bother with longboards.  When I see someone on one in Chicago I always think to myself they're way better off with a cruiser board instead. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2014 at 10:53am

I sometimes wish Chicago has some serious hills to bomb but we don't so I don't bother with longboards.  When I see someone on one in Chicago I always think to myself they're way better off with a cruiser board instead. 

Yeah I live just outside of DC and we have hardly any hills. For some reason longboarders also get hated on a lot. Not sure why.
Nickaledoe View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nickaledoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2014 at 11:46pm
I bought a longboard recently and I took it out on a hill the other day. I have to say that you should be happy that there are no hills aroung your area cause that shit is shtooking dangerous. I scrapped my elbows up real good.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2014 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Nickaledoe

I bought a longboard recently and I took it out on a hill the other day. I have to say that you should be happy that there are no hills aroung your area cause that shit is shtooking dangerous. I scrapped my elbows up real good.

that's why I don't want a longboard, I feel like I won't be able to slow down haha.

But I do want a freeboard. They're expensive though, and hard to ride.
capncone View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote capncone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2014 at 9:19am
Decided I'm going to try and get into skating this summer. Mostly just to try and keep up my snowboarding skillz but also because it looks like a blast. Now all I need is a full setup... 

I've longboarded for a while, but mostly just as transport from point A to point B. It's funny, I'm goofy snowboarding, but I skate regular. Anyone else that way? Kind of makes me think I started on the wrong foot snowboarding. 
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2014 at 9:11am
That is interesting that you ride goofy but skate regular. It means that when you get back on the mountain you will be a beast at riding switch.

I've been skating every day this week.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2014 at 11:21am
I know a bunch of people who ride one way and skate the other.. it's interesting.  for anyone who has followed my video nonsense, sam buck is like that.  rides regular, skates goofy

anyway, skated with a couple radbots the other day after picking them up from the airport.. rainery is back, and he brought sean fithian with him, who is pretty good on a skateboard.  pulled out the camera and was dorking around with filming and aggressive zooming, and got some keepers and lots of funny stuff.  probably will film a little more at some point (they're here for 3 weeks, maybe more) and make a little edit

couple screenshots for now.. mark's mean back suski, and sean's front blunt

and skated for a little bit yesterday too, goofing around.  I may post a couple more later.

capncone View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote capncone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2014 at 6:03am
Damn. I wish I had an ollie like that. Nice pics, Spenser. Bought a board about three weeks ago and getting ollies and shuvits somewhat down. Just have to keep practicing, I guess. I kind of messed up my ribs a while back so I've been skating pretty gingerly because I don't want to slam and have to restart the healing process. Oh well, I wouldn't be going that big anyway, and I'm still having a blast.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2014 at 7:50am
Picked up an autographed Jeff Grosso Toybox reissue deck yesterday.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011