Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Here going to Electric Daisy Carnival-
    Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 4:35pm
I'm tryin to go any of you guys like house music?

if you don't know what it is:

It looks so much sexual act fun and I never been. anyone go before. I want to see avicii and bass nectar and sub focus there are so many
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 4:53pm
I use to go raving back in the days around 8 years ago not anymore the scene down here in socal has changed dramatically due to the people who overdose and dies which some which happens to be most minors or the vast majority of idiots who starts a riot at the concerts who couldn't obey simple rules. So most event promoters changed it up and have held the best ones of california now and the scene here just got butchered. Otherwise EDC in NYC looks like it's going be a blast..i would say west to east coast ravers/beat junkies put out a different atmosphere.there are real ravers who go there for actual music and fake wannabes who ruin it for others.

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 7:07pm
I used to promote for the company that ran EDC back in the days but you're right, the raving scene isn't what it used to be and also poor choice in venue as well.  EDC used to be held out in norcal in a big open field so you wouldn't have this mosh pit or jumping fences.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 7:56pm
I really wanted to go this year especially cuz the saturday is my birthday and the way school was supposed to work out was that that saturday was supposed to be after finals, but some stupid stuff happened and now edc is the saturday before finals for me. So it doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to go...
Jigkidd View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
TWISTER!

Quote Jigkidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 9:16pm
I would love to go if I didn't have to drive to Vegas.
I wish the venue in LA they used to have it in wasn't so bad that they moved it to Vegas.
Don't get me wrong Vegas is awesome, but raves on their own are extremely hot, so adding that plus Vegas and having to drive there 8 hours is kind of a downer.

Long hair don't care!
thrilla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote thrilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 12:55pm
I got two tickets for the one to Vegas, but I decided not to go. I'm trying to sell them now but stupid Insomniac Events won't be mailing out the tix until May.   

I might still go to the one in NY but tickets are still expensive and it's a big mess what they did with expanding it from 2 days to 3.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 1:36pm
I went last year, and had a shtooking blast. That entire 3 day weekend was probably one of the best weekends of my life, and I only went to EDC for one night.

Insomniac knows how to put on a good show. The lights, sound quality, venue, etc was top notch.

I have my 3 day ticket this year, I bought it for the cheapest price they had, but since they switched the dates, I have finals the week after. I'm probably going to the responsible thing and sell my ticket, even though I really want to go.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2012 at 2:19pm
EDC has definitely benefited from moving out to Vegas...
keeps out the riff raff (underage kids from LA)
wish I could go this year...
sleeepili View Drop Down
Local
Local
catching air at bear

Quote sleeepili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 4:31pm
a crapload of people from LA and socal in general go every year. ive never gone myself. enjoy the music but not enough to squeeze in a sweatpit for 6 hours straight
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 5:06pm
All my buddies have their tickets already...I MIGHT go this year.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by sleeepili

a crapload of people from LA and socal in general go every year. ive never gone myself. enjoy the music but not enough to squeeze in a sweatpit for 6 hours straight

The LA Speedway is a HUGE venue. There was so much space to dance and stand that you never felt like people were crowding you, which is usually what happens at shows these days, especially with how popular EDM has gotten.

and trust me, it's more than 6 hours Big smile
elmers_cow View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote elmers_cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 11:59am
Baffles me how people can do the whole weekend... One day alone sucks out all my energy let alone 4! Music festivals have gotten so expensive within the past couple years too, its stupid.
let it snow
PunkPhilosophy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Canyons Resort POWDER DAY... This is SPRING in Utah!

Quote PunkPhilosophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 12:28pm
Huh... This doesn't really look like fun at all to me. But then again I like Punk music (I know... go figure) and this many people in one place and all arround me is too much for me. Smallish Punk shows are perfect for me... even sometimes the Warped Tour seems a bit big. But hey, it's all good... to each his own, right? HAVE FUN OUT THERE RAVERS! ...and be safe, so you can keep riding your snowboards!
thrilla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote thrilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 12:57pm
EDC NY tickets are on sale again
thrilla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote thrilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 6:57pm
Anyone need EDC NY tickets for Friday? Helping a friend unload them.
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 7:09pm
anyone here going friday or saturday? Ill be there!
shing02 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2012 at 10:36pm
i WAS...now i'm just selling my ticket for 280, lol
thrilla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote thrilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 5:37am
Just scored tickets for Coachella 2013, these music festivals are getting more and more expensive. $349 a pop!
JoeRocket1212 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2012 at 1:45pm
i'm going to the one in vegas!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2012 at 12:20pm
i got coachella tickets too!  looking forward to that one too!
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote not-ewrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2012 at 1:34pm
Kids in LA just party too hard.  If I had to pick someone as a profesional partier, it'd be someone from California. 

The black kids at my group home used to say: "White people party to the edge of death".  LOL
My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2012 at 6:50am
edc in vegas is coming up!  pretty excited!  i'm staying in a house, 3 bedrooms...  with 18 people...  overkill?  it's super cheap split between that many people...
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2012 at 8:09am
Originally posted by JoeRocket1212

edc in vegas is coming up!  pretty excited!  i'm staying in a house, 3 bedrooms...  with 18 people...  overkill?  it's super cheap split between that many people...

Just make sure with so many of you that you don't end up wrecking the house. That would make your trip rather expensive again
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2012 at 9:28am

That's 6 people per room, we do about that much each time we head to vegas.  You should see if the hotel you're staying at offers shuttles to and from the hotel and EDC and some hotels may even offer tickets there.
thrilla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote thrilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2012 at 2:23pm

i got coachella tickets too! looking forward to that one too!

I couldn't decide what weekend to get so I ended up getting both. Lol. I'll probably end up just going the first weekend and selling the second.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 7:59am
I'm going saturday. just not looking forward to getting baked under the sun tho.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Von44

I'm going saturday. just not looking forward to getting baked under the sun tho.

Pretty sure there's no sun at night. The set times are what, 8 pm - 5 am?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 8:58am
there's a sunday...  8pm~8am...
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 9:14am

there's a sunday...  8pm~8am...

That's later than it was last year.

Anyway, as long as there is a breeze you'll be fine. It is seriously PERFECT if it's blazing hot during the day, then at night it's warm with a breeze to cool you down. 

You'll have a blast. Insomniac puts on an amazing, amazing show. I'm bummed I can't make it this year.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 10:01am
I thought E.D. already went down.  I thought I heard it on one of the sirus channels.  Or was that a broadcast of last year (that Fatboy played)?
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2012 at 10:09am
EDC NY was a couple weeks ago.

EDC Vegas is the main event, and it's this weekend.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2012 at 4:25am
Ahhhh, Man am I outta the loop on things.  ^

So many tech-fests these days.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2012 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

EDC NY was a couple weeks ago.

EDC Vegas is the main event, and it's this weekend.

yeah l didnt realize what it was until my friend keeps popping teets online. NOw they went yesterday but havent heard back from them. between they are having the time of their life, or something tragic happened
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2012 at 9:07am
They closed down today because of the high wind. Didn't want the stage collapsing like that one time
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2012 at 9:29am
^ If so, I hope everyone gets a refund on their tickets or maybe even extend EDC for one more day.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2012 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

^ If so, I hope everyone gets a refund on their tickets or maybe even extend EDC for one more day.

No way they extend or put on EDC for another day. The logistics with the location, DJ schedules, and everything else is way too complicated.

Sucks, but I'd rather have the event cancelled for the night halfway through than have a steel railing fall on me.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2012 at 1:38pm
l dont think they would give back the money because it wasn't something within their control. 
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2012 at 1:49pm
They just released a press statement stating that anyone with a single day Saturday ticket can come back for free, and that they're attempting to have a bunch more stuff for the public tonight to interact with, whatever that means.

People whining about the money they "lost" or that their night was ruined are selfish and can't seem to grasp the bigger picture. I'd much rather not see Tiesto play, than have a 30000 pound steel railing fall on me in a crowded dance arena...
sleeepili View Drop Down
Local
Local
catching air at bear

Quote sleeepili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2012 at 6:42pm

The LA Speedway is a HUGE venue. There was so much space to dance and stand that you never felt like people were crowding you, which is usually what happens at shows these days, especially with how popular EDM has gotten.

just got back from vegas today. yes, i know its more than 6 hours, 12 to be exact...gosh i cant even imagine being there for that long.

the LV speedway may be huge, but not huge enough. 2 hours of traffic to move 2 miles from the edge of the strip to the speedway. hella cars broke down and/or ran out of gas during those 2 miles haha. also due to high winds they cut saturday night short. many many pissed people. lucky for me i was at tryst and afrojack happened to be playing =)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2012 at 3:36pm

just got back from vegas today. yes, i know its more than 6 hours, 12 to be exact...gosh i cant even imagine being there for that long.

the LV speedway may be huge, but not huge enough. 2 hours of traffic to move 2 miles from the edge of the strip to the speedway. hella cars broke down and/or ran out of gas during those 2 miles haha. also due to high winds they cut saturday night short. many many pissed people. lucky for me i was at tryst and afrojack happened to be playing =)

yea, i was there too...  i think people were upset, but it wasn't that bad.  people moved calmly to the stands...  no one rioted...  and no one started messing things up...  i thought it was pretty good example that we showed...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2012 at 8:35am
what was everyone's favorite part of this event?

i hate to say it, but i really liked that sony tent...  and the stage with the face above the stage, next to the stands...  oh, and the trance stage was pretty dope too...  to be honest, i wasn't feeling the kinetic stage as much as i thought i would...
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2012 at 9:18am
The ASOT stage on Sunday night was epic. If you weren't there, you missed out. Tritonal, Armin, and Dash Berlin murdered their sets. I was listening live online and it sounded amazing even on my home speakers, can't imagine the energy and sound that the EDC speakers were pumping out.
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2012 at 4:31pm
I went to the one in NY and downloaded Armin's set from that night. In person it is zoo much better.

It does sound awesome on your speakers but in person when the crowd goes wild and everyones jumping up and down and the light show is going (the light shows were pretty shtooking awesome) it is like 1000 times better
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2012 at 6:33pm
Agreed, can't even compare the two.

I didn't mind selling my 3 day pass to a friend until I listened to Tritonal's and Armin's set on Sunday night. That made me regret it, bad.

Don't forget the fireworks too ;)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2012 at 11:59am
so yea, i hear they refunded some people money for the saturday that they had to shut down early...  i bought my ticket thru a friend of a friend, so it's a bit harder chasing down that refund...  but good luck to anyone that has theirs and trying to get some money back...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2012 at 10:43am
so i guess the response for the refund is back.  some people got 50 bucks a ticket.  but since everyone started to try and get some money back, they decided to stop doing that...  no refunds are now given...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2012 at 9:31am
so i guess puerto rico is next...  damn, i would want to go to that one...  sounds like INSANE fun...  oh i miss islands...
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2012 at 8:44am

so i guess puerto rico is next...  damn, i would want to go to that one...  sounds like INSANE fun...  oh i miss islands...

I'm not really sure why anyone in the continental US would want to go to Puerto Rico for EDC. Mind explaining?
 Post Reply Post Reply